snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » SLC Central » SLC: A Best Buy Christmas » Halloween is coming soon!! (Page 4)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Halloween is coming soon!!
paisley claus
We Three Blings

Icon 1 posted      Profile for paisley claus     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I think it's clever,Esprise Me!
Can you make/find a GGW trucker hat and wear it sorta sideways? You totally need to carry around a bottle and act like drunk girl.

And I think if you wore a flesh-toned body suit or leotard under your shirt, that might make it more clever and less trashy. Then you could make your bar nice and small instead of trying to really hide things with it. I know I'd be more comfortable, just because I wouldn't have to worry about anything popping out! [Wink]

Quite an original idea though, I think it's awesome!

--------------------
"Oh, now we're going to start judging each other on things we've done?? Real fair!"

Posts: 1114 | From: Cincinnati, OH | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Esprise Me
We Wish You a Merry Giftmas

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Esprise Me     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Trucker hat--no prob. Thanks for the suggestion; it'll probably make the whole concept much clearer. I think I'll go for an empty beer can instead of a bottle--probably safer that way. And I'm thinking about the nude suit. It may be worth it just to keep me from freezing to death, although I'm not too concerned about anything popping out. I'm a B-cup on a good day; my girls can and have been contained with an eight-inch piece of duct tape.
Thanks for the ideas!

--------------------
"If God wrote it, the grammar must be infallible. Perhaps it is we who are mistaken." -MapleLeaf

Posts: 977 | From: Boston, MA | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
daisyslegs
It Came Upon a Midnight Clearance

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daisyslegs     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
reading through this I was almost dissapointed to see that Nocturnal G is doing one pretty similar to mine, though I'm going to be a "dark/fallen fairy". It's the blacks, greys, cleavage and sparkles with wings that might make them seem similar, but I'm sure they will be different!

I don't want anyone to think I stole your idea, so I will tell everyone a "friend" is doing one similar but better. Will that work? [Wink]

Mr. Legs is going to be a gladiator/roman soldier. So far the only thing we will need to purchase is the silver spray paint. [Smile]

--------------------
~tough as nails yet nice as pie~
For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction - and sometimes a scar.
"and don't threaten anyone with your pants today!" - Frog_Feathers
daisys does Myspace

Posts: 3206 | From: Molalla, OR | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
FrogFeathers
Grandma Got Run Over By a Gift Card

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FrogFeathers   Author's Homepage   E-mail FrogFeathers   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm doing tarot and palm readings at a Halloween party tonight. I decided to dress up as a witch for the party. You can't tell from the picture, but I'm wearing a long, flowing black skirt.

Come on in for a spell... or a Mountain Dew in a crystal wine glass. [lol]

--------------------
"Is it ME? Am I a MAGNET for these idiots?"~Pearl Forrester MST3K
Die-Hard Engineers, Big Red One my Dad's website
"Must be a 'snopes' thing..." ~my entire family when I try to explain something.

Posts: 4524 | From: South of Madison, Wisconsin | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Zamboni_Rodeo
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Zamboni_Rodeo     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
If I bother dressing up at all, I may go as Kari Byron of Mythbusters fame. She and I are both redheads and have a similar taste in clothes. Of course, some might consider it a sacrelige, as she's a good bit cuter than I.

On the other hand, I could do the "cross-dressing" thing and go as Adam Savage instead. He and I have some of the same t-shirts. It's very cool to be watching a show and see him wearing a shirt that I have hanging in my closet.

--------------------
Where's the challenge in wassailing at Christmas? The place is lousy with wassail!

Posts: 232 | From: Raleigh, NC | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Deep Blue
I'll Be Home for After Christmas Sales

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Deep Blue     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I need some suggestions for a good zombie costume. The theme for the annual Halloween party has been set as 'Night of the living Dead'.

I'd like something a little sexy, but not over the top. (I've got some self esteem issues, and I'm not a size 3 with big boobs so most of the costumes I've seen I can't pull off)

I'm also looking for ideas on how to do the makeup.

Posts: 159 | From: Indiana | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Mistletoey Chloe
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mistletoey Chloe     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Well, you can always do sexy zombie by being an expired sexy something else: dead cheerleader, dead prom queen, corpse bride (with dead bouquet), etc. Add cobwebs, spiders and gummy worms to clothes and scary hair; go for a matt white make-up with dark rings around your eyes. A fake limb is always fun.

Or good but elaborate make-up tips here: http://www.anytimecostumes.com/costumes/howto.html Not very sexy, though!

--------------------
~~Ai am in mai prrrrrraime!~~

Posts: 10111 | From: Oklahoma | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Deep Blue

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Deep Blue     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Great idea Chloe, I hadn't thought of doing 'an expired sexy something else'

I think I'll hit the goodwill store tomorrow to see if I can find something to wear and go from there.

Posts: 159 | From: Indiana | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Aud
We Three Blings

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aud   E-mail Aud   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Would it be tacky for me to go to my office halloween party as a pregnant woman. When I suggested it to my hubby he laughed but it still seems weird.
Besides a bump what else would I need?
I figured I could get a maternity dress at Goodwill.

I also though I could decorate my cube as though for a baby shower. I have a bunch of gift bags left over from last year.

If only I could knit!

Posts: 1168 | From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
the Virgin Marrya
Let There Be PCs on Earth

Icon 1 posted      Profile for the Virgin Marrya     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Aud - what about a pregnant bridezilla? [taking tacky to it's logical conclusion]

--------------------
Windows cannot open this file. To open this file correctly, defenestrate, then try running the file again...

Posts: 5383 | From: New Zealand | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Mickey is a Hanukkah Bush
O Come Let Us Adore Sales

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mickey is a Hanukkah Bush   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Well, my mom won't send down my Trinity coat, so being Trinity is out. Now I want to be a punk or evil fairy. Which requires wings. Which requires money.

Any ideas?

--------------------
My mom, about my nervousness with Jeopardy!: "Don't worry about it. Just get drunk and you'll do fine."
Blog Just call me Mickey 2

Posts: 3295 | From: Radford, VA/Herndon, VA/Orlando, FL | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Tootsie Plunkette
Buy a Torch, Jeanette, Isabella

Icon 213 posted      Profile for Tootsie Plunkette   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Make fairy wings. Similar wings.

--------------------
--Tootsie

Posts: 5017 | From: Greater Seattle | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
vanilla
Markdown, the Herald Angels Sing

Icon 1 posted      Profile for vanilla     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Two wire hangers, black pantyhose, wire cutters, and some knitted i-cord in a color of your choice.

Take apart the wire hangers and shape each one in to a wing. Cover each with a leg of the pantyhose. Connect the wings with a short piece of i-cord and attach to two larger pieces of i-cord attached at both ends to make straps for you to wear!

Using i-cord to connect the wings together will make them floopy, but I figure you have all these items (or can make the i-cord if you do not have) and therefore, a free project! If you want colored wings, substitute the pantyhose with colored tights and color accordingly with markers/sharpies, or get a pair of those nifty holiday tights with bats or ghosts or stripes!

ETA: Wing clipped by Tootsie. With instructions and diagrams even! [Big Grin]

--------------------
I swear, it was funnier in my head.
Yeah, I used to be pink. vanilla_pink.

Posts: 2493 | From: California | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mickey is a Hanukkah Bush   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
uh...what exactly is i-cord? I have PLENTY of wire hangers, and I may need a pair of wire cutters. Red tights, black sharpie, my imagination and I could have wings!

--------------------
My mom, about my nervousness with Jeopardy!: "Don't worry about it. Just get drunk and you'll do fine."

Posts: 3295 | From: Radford, VA/Herndon, VA/Orlando, FL | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
vanilla
Markdown, the Herald Angels Sing

Icon 1 posted      Profile for vanilla     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I-Cord. You must knit!

--------------------
I swear, it was funnier in my head.
Yeah, I used to be pink. vanilla_pink.

Posts: 2493 | From: California | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator

Sounds like a plan!

--------------------

black roses 19
Xboxing Day

Icon 1 posted      Profile for black roses 19   E-mail black roses 19   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I was at the local Halloween store (seasonal) looking for wings yesterday. However, their wings (and everything else!) were really expensive. I eventually ran across a bunch of Harlequin masks. They were so beautiful, and only 5-10 dollars each. I have a burgundy dress and i'm planning on going and getting some black, purple and green ribbon and tulling to dress it up a bit and make it more "mardi gras".

SO is going to try to match me, but I honestly have no idea what a male harlequin costume should look like. All I can see in my head is one of those Jester type hats. We want him to look classy to match me, not goofy.

Any ideas?

I'm going to go back to the costume store today and look to see if they have "male" masks. Those are the ones that are roundish and the eyes point downwards, right? like this?

For some reason, the only images I can get in my head for a male harlequin costume more closely resemble a court jester or a pimp.

Help?

--------------------
"I find them to be in contradiction of the basic principles of YOUR MOM!!!" -We've Got Mail

Posts: 1361 | From: Muncie, IN | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Die Capacitrix
We Three Blings

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Die Capacitrix     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Phantom of Venice? I think the mask you showed would also work.

--------------------
"Strength is the capacity to break a chocolate bar into four pieces with your bare hands - and then eat just one of the pieces." Judith Viorst

Posts: 1082 | From: Luzern, Switzerland | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
unbroken

Icon 1 posted      Profile for unbroken   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Me: What'll I dress up as for Halloween?

Friend: How about Cliff Burton?

Me: How on earth would anyone know I was Cliff Burton?

Friend: Maybe you could hold some post addressed to Cliff Burton. Utility bills, that sort of thing.

--------------------------------

I am not going as Cliff Burton. I did a nifty punk rock fairy a few years ago (tartan skirt, punk band t-shirt and liberty spikes, with wings and an Anarchy Wand) and the last time I dressed up it was as John Hurt in Alien, which I think might get recycled this year if I can't think of anything else in time. I wanted to go as an actual alien from Alien, but that was just too complicated.

--------------------
Oddly enough, the island of Ireland looks remarkably like a small old man driving an old Ford Fiesta.

Posts: 950 | From: Dublin | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Thordis
Deck the Malls

Icon 18 posted      Profile for Thordis     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I bought bat wings today! I don't generally make a big thing of Hallowe'en, but we always dress up for the kids' scary story sessions at work. The wings are dead cool, and all I need to do is wear black (which I pretty much do anyway). They came with a bat-on-a-stick magic wand, which is... kinda odd...

--------------------
Daria: "I almost killed a dog today"
Jane: "Gonna work your way up to humans slowly?"

Posts: 385 | From: UK | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
black roses 19
Xboxing Day

Icon 1 posted      Profile for black roses 19   E-mail black roses 19   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Die Capacitrix, that's perfect! We found a mask/hat that works very well. I think what he's going to do is wear all black, with a black cape then his mask. However, he wants the white gloves too. Any idea where we'd be able to get men's gloves?

--------------------
"I find them to be in contradiction of the basic principles of YOUR MOM!!!" -We've Got Mail

Posts: 1361 | From: Muncie, IN | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Mistletoey Chloe
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mistletoey Chloe     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm trying not to dress up my dog (a 55lb border collie). Because it's wrong. But if I were, hypothetically, to do so...any suggestions?

--------------------
~~Ai am in mai prrrrrraime!~~

Posts: 10111 | From: Oklahoma | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Christie
The Bills of St. Mary's

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Christie     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I actually saw a whole bunch of costumes for pets in a store the other day. I think (but may be wrong) that it was a Walmart. The only ones I remember offhand were a Sherlock Holmes costume and little Red Riding Hood. To be honest I was kinda wondering what kind of nut would dress up a dog in a costume [Big Grin] but :Christie hastily backpedalling: some dogs would just be able to carry it off beautifully I'm sure.

--------------------
If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs, it's just possible you haven't grasped the situation. - Jean Kerr

Posts: 18428 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Die Capacitrix
We Three Blings

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Die Capacitrix     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
White Cotton Gloves

Actually, you might be able to find them along with the Halloween costumes. Or band supplies (parade wear) or Target or Wal-Mart.

--------------------
"Strength is the capacity to break a chocolate bar into four pieces with your bare hands - and then eat just one of the pieces." Judith Viorst

Posts: 1082 | From: Luzern, Switzerland | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
MissEltoe

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MissEltoe     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I've decided what to be, all things from my closet.

Since I love the soldiers and am too chicken to ever join the army myself, I am going to be a soldier.

I have the fatigues, I have an army-fatigue hat, and work boots. I have a multitude of plain black/green tops, and my mom just bought a nice military-style green jacket.

I think I might wear a badge that says "Major Flirt".

(BTW, I got this idea from an 8-year-old, but her outfit is going to be a little different!)

--------------------
Licorice of the Lord! This is classy stuff...Should I be wearing a tie? Or, at least, pants?
~I'mNotDedalus

Posts: 975 | From: New Jersey | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
mrs.hi-c clown fishies
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mrs.hi-c clown fishies     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
DH is going to use some orange face paint on my belly, and make me a pumpkin [Smile] Should be cute.

We took Shadow over to Petsmart tonight for the costume contest and to have his picture taken. We had gotten him an angel costume this year, but we weren't sure how he'd do with the halo on his head. So, instead he wore the bat costume again. I'm suprised that there were 2 other kitties there. Currently, the poor little guy is moping in our basement--imagine a cat walking into a room with 30+ dogs!

--------------------
This song has no title...just words and a tune.

Instant Hi-C--Just add water...

Posts: 1620 | From: Michigan | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Algae
Happy Xmas (Warranty Is Over)

Icon 01 posted      Profile for Algae   Author's Homepage   E-mail Algae   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by mrs.hi-c scaredy cat:
DH is going to use some orange face paint on my belly, and make me a pumpkin [Smile] Should be cute.

I want pictures. [Big Grin] I think your tummy will make a cute pumpkin!

My mom is going as a bumble bee and my dad a beekeeper. Mom was slightly skeeved by the fact there was a "Sexy Bumble Bee" costume...she can't really think of anything less sexy.

--------------------
Alcohol and calculus don't mix. Don't drink and derive!

Posts: 1957 | From: Southeast Michigan | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
NocturnalGoddess- naughty or nice?
Carol of the Dells

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NocturnalGoddess- naughty or nice?     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Not costume related, but today, DBF and I carved our pumpkin, and he bought one of those mimi pumpkins and carved it with an xacto knife. It was so cute!

He wouldn't let me make it so that the big pumpkin was eating the little one, though :/

--------------------
"I saw weird stuff in that place last night. Weird, strange, sick, twisted, eerie, godless, EVIL stuff... and I want in."- Homer Simpson

Posts: 2161 | From: Delaware | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
NocturnalGoddess- naughty or nice?
Carol of the Dells

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NocturnalGoddess- naughty or nice?     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I think my ipod needs a costume [Big Grin]

--------------------
"I saw weird stuff in that place last night. Weird, strange, sick, twisted, eerie, godless, EVIL stuff... and I want in."- Homer Simpson

Posts: 2161 | From: Delaware | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Brandi
Little Sales Drummer Boy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brandi     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Algae:
Mom was slightly skeeved by the fact there was a "Sexy Bumble Bee" costume...she can't really think of anything less sexy.

I'm working at a Halloween store (at least, until about Nov. 5th when the place packs up and moves away). Practically all the women's costumes are short, skimpy things (particularly the ones from Leg Avenue, normally a lingerie seller), and some women are less than thrilled, particularly the ones who are a) trying to find a costume for the workplace that would be appropriate or b) the mothers of teenage daughters.

Personally, I still think the child-sized pimp suit is the most disturbing thing in the store. Nobody's bought it, though.

Posts: 2787 | From: California | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
FuzzDuckie
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FuzzDuckie     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MissE:
I've decided what to be, all things from my closet.

Since I love the soldiers and am too chicken to ever join the army myself, I am going to be a soldier.

I have the fatigues, I have an army-fatigue hat, and work boots. I have a multitude of plain black/green tops, and my mom just bought a nice military-style green jacket.

I think I might wear a badge that says "Major Flirt".

(BTW, I got this idea from an 8-year-old, but her outfit is going to be a little different!)

My mom did this one year when we were still small and she took us around for trick or treating. She used Dad's old fatigues but for the name tag on the jacket (when they used to sew them ON the jacket)- she taped over the real name and put BAILEY ala Beetle Bailey lol

--------------------
Clever Waste of Time Invasion IV
An unique Riddle adventure.
PM me for more info. I'm on Brain Candy.
Purple Hell- Riddle Tools

Posts: 1551 | From: Georgia | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
UrbanReindeer
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for UrbanReindeer     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I have figured out my husband's costume! He hated the "Chick Magnet" thing.

I'm going to put him in army fatigues, a black headband ... and a carboard box.

He'll go as Solid Snake. [lol]

--------------------
"He feeds the sparrows of the field, but He doesn't sit there and cram worms into their mouths." -- Mouse

Posts: 396 | From: Pasadena, CA | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
paisley claus
We Three Blings

Icon 1 posted      Profile for paisley claus     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I found some great 50's bowling shirts for our costumes! Mine says Pink Ladies on it [Smile] I couldn't find a Pink Ladies jacket or a greaser jacket for Mr. P, so we just rented these.

On the topic of dog costumes, my sister is dressing her dog (she's a Canardly!) as a dinosaur!! Gwennie (the dog) has a whole body costume with spikes and a hood..too cute! But this dog loves new collars and dressing up, so I think in this case, a dog costume is okay [Wink] My sister is going as a cave woman to match...considering I finish her costume!

--------------------
"Oh, now we're going to start judging each other on things we've done?? Real fair!"

Posts: 1114 | From: Cincinnati, OH | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
paisley claus
We Three Blings

I found some great 50's bowling shirts for our costumes! Mine says Pink Ladies on it [Smile] I couldn't find a Pink Ladies jacket or a greaser jacket for Mr. P, so we just rented these.

On the topic of dog costumes, my sister is dressing her dog (she's a Canardly!) as a dinosaur!! Gwennie (the dog) has a whole body costume with spikes and a hood..too cute! But this dog loves new collars and dressing up, so I think in this case, a dog costume is okay [Wink] My sister is going as a cave woman to match...considering I finish her costume!

--------------------

Deep Blue

As I mentioned earlier, out Halloween party tomorrow night is having a 'night of the living dead' theme. I ended up getting a Dororthy from 'Wizard of Oz' costume, and will be Dead Dorothy for the evening.

I'm also making the Jell-o jiggler shots that are mentioned a few pages back. (Got the Absolut in the freezer right now) [Big Grin]

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages