snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » SLC Central » SLC: A Best Buy Christmas » What is your Totem animal? (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: What is your Totem animal?
Enjal
Little Sales Drummer Boy

Icon 504 posted      Profile for Enjal   E-mail Enjal   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I'd have to say the Elephant is my totem animal. They have strong ties to friends and family and recognize each other even after being apart for long periods of time. They live a generally laid back life but know how to defend themselves or their loved ones when necessary. Besides that, they're just wonderfully magnificent creatures. Who can resist big brown eyes with long lashes and ears flapping flirtatiously? [Wink]

--------------------
"I'm a leaf in the wind"
New Lungs for George

Posts: 2719 | From: the other Portland (US) | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Aud
We Three Blings

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aud   E-mail Aud   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Doh!
A deer
A female deer.

When I was in college I used to meditate in the garden near the library. One time I saw a deer. She turned and looked at me and blinked. I sat up and opened my eyes all the way and she was gone. None of the students on the busy sidewalks around the garden looked like a deer has just run by.

Posts: 1168 | From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
daisyslegs
It Came Upon a Midnight Clearance

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daisyslegs     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
frog. just a feeling.

--------------------
~tough as nails yet nice as pie~
For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction - and sometimes a scar.
"and don't threaten anyone with your pants today!" - Frog_Feathers
daisys does Myspace

Posts: 3206 | From: Molalla, OR | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Berry Well
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Berry Well     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Frog_Feathers:
quote:
Originally posted by Berry Well:

~slight highjack~ Oh Frog Feathers! You showed up in a dream I had last night! I wish I could remember what I was dreaming about. Hmmm. ~end highjack~

Well, that explains why I was still tired when I woke up this morning! [Wink]

D'oh! Sorry for keeping you up all night! [Big Grin] I just wish I could remember what it was we were talking about.

And that link you provided, OMG I do sound a lot like a snail! Now that is freaky! [Eek!]

A snail? REALLY??

--------------------
And if she says come inside I'll come inside for her.
If she says give it all I'll give everything to her.
I am justified. I am purified. I am sanctified. Inside you

Posts: 695 | From: Oklahoma | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Cactus Wren
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cactus Wren   E-mail Cactus Wren   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
For some reason, I'm thinking dormouse.

Or maybe a water ouzel.

--------------------
“Just because your voice reaches halfway around the world doesn't mean you are wiser than when it reached only to the end of the bar.” -- Edward R. Murrow

IOToriSparrowANK!

Posts: 598 | From: Arizona | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Noemi
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 82 posted      Profile for Noemi   E-mail Noemi   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I'd say mine is the raven or crow. I'm sure you are all stunned by that, right?

Noemi

--------------------
Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.
My blog, no guarantees about witty or intelligent content. My current projects.
Coveted Beads <---- our eBay store, new items being added somewhat regularly

Posts: 8418 | From: Wyoming | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
NorthernLite
We Three Blings

Icon 602 posted      Profile for NorthernLite     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
My animal is the cat. I like to stay up late at night, preferring the dark. I drift off to sleep whenever I encounter a sunbeam. I am independent and my moods can be mercurial. I want attention on my terms, sometimes standoffish and sometimes a total lovesponge.

Oh yeah, I occasionally hack up hairballs and when company comes over I sit in the middle of the floor and lick my...

--------------------
You've got to remember that these are just simple farmers. These are people of the land. The common clay of the new West. You know... morons. -Blazing Saddles

Posts: 1074 | From: High Level, Alberta, Canada | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Auntie Witch

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Auntie Witch   Author's Homepage   E-mail Auntie Witch   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm another with an affinity for ravens. I had a dream shortly after my great grandpa died that he'd come back as a raven to watch over me, and shortly after, I kept seeing ravens and crows.

--------------------
"Feel my head! I feel like a puppy!" -My mother
October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month!
Myspace about my mom, kids

Posts: 3289 | From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Donelin
I'm Dreaming of a White Sale

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Donelin     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I'd have to say mine is Wolf as well. I am loyal to those I love, teach those I can, and care for all. I have many Wolf shirts that I wear and love.

--------------------
I have the body of a god--Sadly it is the Buddha

Posts: 35 | From: Central California | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snapdragonfly
Happy Xmas (Warranty Is Over)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for snapdragonfly     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
FrogFeathers, cool site!

I was very excited to see what it said about my totem. I have known for about 10 years now that my totem is...

(wait for it)

the dragonfly! - Because they have the magic of illusion, and that's what I do, create illusion (trompe loiel). I had known that dragonflies were my totem, and a medicine woman that my mom was friends with confirmed this for me.

"The Dragonfly

No bird or insect has the flight maneuverability of the Dragonfly. They can twist, turn, change directions in an instant, hover, move up or down, and even fly backwards. The power that dragonfly brings to the tapestry of life is skill. They are experts at what they do and do it relentlessly.

Dragonflies spectacular colors sparkle with iridescence in the sunlight. These colors take time to develop reflecting the idea that with maturity our own true colors come forth.

As newly hatched nymphs, dragonflies live on the bottom of ponds and streams. As they mature and go through metamorphosis they move to the realm of air. Since water represents the emotional body and air represents the mental, those with this medicine will often find themselves trying to maintain balance between their thoughts and emotions.

Children with dragonfly medicine are often very emotional. They feel things deeply and respond to situations with great passion. As they reach adulthood, and through experience, they learn how to balance their emotions with greater mental clarity and control. This gives them the compassionate quality necessary for any type of work relating to healing or counseling.

Dragonfly has the ability to reflect and refract light and colors and is often associated with magic and mysticism. Just as light can bend and shift and be adapted in a variety of ways, so can the archetypal forces associated with dragonfly. It conveys the message that life is never what it appears to be.

By helping a person see through illusion dragonfly awakens ones true vision. Flying at speeds of up to 30 miles per hour they can spot movement forty feet away. Flying into and around things from different angles, they challenge rigid awareness and prompt the energy of change for anyone who holds this medicine."

--------------------
"Wolves, dragons and vampires, man. Draw the nut-bars like big ol' nut-bar magnets." ~evilrabbit

(snurched because one of my nutbar family members is all about wolves and another one is all about dragons...)(with apologies to surfcitydogdad)

Posts: 2397 | From: Texarkana, TX | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Phaedra
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Phaedra   E-mail Phaedra   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Snake

Snakes have always fascinated me. I feel an affinity with their isolation which puzzles me a little as I am a gregaarious soul happiest in the company of family and friends.

I was forever in trouble as a child for wandering off into the bush in search of snakes.
My huge collection of shed skins was very precious to me and it upset me terribly when I had to leave them behind when we returned to the UK.

Every seven years or so my life has featured a massive upheaval and I have often thought of myself at those times as a snake shedding a skin. I'm vulnerable for a while and withdraw until I feel strong again and ready to move on to whatever the future holds.
These transformations have been testing and sometimes painful but I have found new places, changed careers, met new friends and lovers, so all in all I consider myself much blessed.

Posts: 589 | From: Oxfordshire, UK | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Xia

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Xia   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Well actually I have two: cat and wolf. I feel connected to both and have traits of both depending...

--------------------
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Posts: 2110 | From: Chicago, IL | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Loyhargil
We Three Blings

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Loyhargil     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm claimin' butterfly. I felt like I was in a coccoon for a few years until my marriage started breaking apart. When I came out of that experience, I started to feel like an amazingly better version of my old self. Seems appropriate.

I even got a beautiful blue and yellow butterfly tattooed on my lower back not long after the divorce was final. Had been toying with the idea for years, and that seemed like the right moment, and the right symbol.

--------------------
Bender: Oh cruel fate, to be thusly boned. Ask not for whom the bone bones, it bones for thee.

Posts: 1170 | From: Iowa | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Lady Moon
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lady Moon   E-mail Lady Moon   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Wolf. Cat. Monkey. Owl. Snake. Ox.

--------------------
"We've got a fifth member of the band round here, and he's DEFINITELY out of tune!" -- Keith Moon

"If I had a thousand quid for every time I've introduced this song --- oh, I do!" -- John Entwistle

Posts: 584 | From: Ohio | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
LadyLockeout
Markdown, the Herald Angels Sing

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LadyLockeout   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Mythical: Dragon

Real: Horse

--------------------
Katesune: We still can't find the way to albuquerque, and glisp won't stop to ask for directions.
Glisp42: Of course not. I know where I'm going, I just don't know where I am right now

Twisted Links

Posts: 2599 | From: Texas | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Anyte
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Anyte   E-mail Anyte   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm not sure. I know I'm earthbound, no birds or marine life. Dog? Cow?

--------------------
Too broke to pay attention

Posts: 452 | From: Omaha, NE | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Raven Waift
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Raven Waift   Author's Homepage   E-mail Raven Waift   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I have three: ferret, cat, and hyena.

I *get* cats. I understand them. I sleep like a cat, stretch like a cat. I have napped in sunbeams with my cats. I walk to someone and I want attention and then all of a sudden walk away, just like a lot of cats.

I am playful and bizarre like a ferret.

Hyenas are strong, dominant. Hyena females especially. Odd creatures who aren't respected nearly as much as they should be. People don't recognize their power and intelligence. Besides, I have the hyena laugh.

--------------------
Whereas as you are dancing happily in the fields of ignorance through which the stream of stupidity bubbles and flows. -BlushingBride
My my space.

Posts: 656 | From: Ohio | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Goombah
I'll Be Home for After Christmas Sales

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Goombah     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I would about have to say my totem is the coyote. I'm generally shy and cautious around strangers, protective towards my family and friends, a nocturnal carnivore and an unapologetic opportunist. I'm often lazy, sometimes playful and usually content to be left alone.

--------------------
Ok guys, try to remember this time. It's pillage first, then burn.

Posts: 179 | From: Holdrege, NE | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Bored and Dangerous
Markdown, the Herald Angels Sing

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bored and Dangerous   Author's Homepage   E-mail Bored and Dangerous   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I'd have to say, according to that site, that I have three: the cat, the fox, and the panther. I've dreamt about panthers before, and I have a strong affinity to cats. Cats that have never met me before accept me, and I have never been around a cat that I couldn't win over almost immediately. The fox is more my personality than any of the other animals--witty, clever, but highly unpredictable.

--------------------
My blog

Watch?? I'm gonna pray, man! Know any good religions?--Zaphod Beeblebrox

Posts: 2366 | From: Harrisonburg, Virginia | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Salamander

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Salamander   E-mail Salamander   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I used to think I was a wolf... then I realised I was being far too much of a tryhard wannabe and figured the coyote was more my style.

Recently though (as one member of the board can attest), I've been occupied with images of turtles.

--------------------
"victory thru self-deception"

Posts: 2211 | From: Western Australia | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Silkenreindeer
Wassaleing

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Silkenreindeer   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I've always identified with cats. I can talk to cats, and can meow convincingly. The two main issues with a feline personality are that I'm not at all tidy (I hate mess, but can't be bothered to do anything about it), and that I'm horribly clumsy... so if I were a cat, I'd be one like my darling Friskie (a purebred Himalayin. Such a sweet cat, but completely physically inept).
Posts: 494 | From: Epping, Essex, UK | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
TrishDaDish
Let There Be PCs on Earth

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TrishDaDish   Author's Homepage   E-mail TrishDaDish   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Dog. Some big, loyal, lazy as hell, snow lovin' dog. I think I'm coming back as a Lab. (Maybe I've already come back as Rory the Wonder Dog and I didn't know I died!) Besides, I was born in the Year of the Dog, Chinese calander-wise.

I've always had a love of sea otters, too, but as much as I love playing in the water until I'm dragged out, I somehow don't think I could live their energetic lifestyle.

--------------------
I would prefer not to.
My blog

Posts: 4789 | From: Rhode Island | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Neffti Noel
We Three Blings

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Neffti Noel     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I bloody love ducks. Every time I see a duck it cheers me up. The shape of their heads, the noise they make, the aimless contented pottering around doing their duck things. I choose ducks.

I can't bear cats. When a strange cat whines at me for food and shelter I usually tell it "You're wasting your time with me, go and audition for your role somewhere else." I suppose that's quite a duck sentiment.

Posts: 1157 | From: Westcountry UK "It's Bootiful" | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Little Pink Pill
Little Sales Drummer Boy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Little Pink Pill     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Neffti Nimbus:
I bloody love ducks. Every time I see a duck it cheers me up. The shape of their heads, the noise they make, the aimless contented pottering around doing their duck things. I choose ducks.

I've never not liked ducks, but that description made me smile and feel especially fond of them.

--------------------
The technical term is narcissism. You can't believe everything is your fault unless you also believe you're all powerful.--House

Posts: 2684 | From: Budapest | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Syllavus
Angels Wii Have Heard on High

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Syllavus     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Whales, and maybe wolves too. I have dreams about whales and wolves. In the wolf dreams I usually turn into a wolf/human creature and run through the woods of my childhood.

In my dreams about whales, they're usually swimming in the sky. I've no idea what that means. *shrugs*

I feel more of an affinity to whales than I do to wolves.

--------------------
"That would be really dangerous, you know. Indiscriminately extricating someone from the petrified corpse of a supernatural creature." - My Husband

Posts: 4308 | From: Massachusetts | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
evilrabbit
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 1 posted      Profile for evilrabbit   E-mail evilrabbit   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm the rabbit from Monty Python and the Holy Grail.
No, really.
I'm small, cute, unassuming and if you make me mad I'll rip your arm off.

--------------------
"My sandwich choice is uncertain, until I actually order. It's like Schrodinger's Sandwich."
"Is plutonium involved in this sandwich in any way?"
"Maybe."

Posts: 496 | From: Whitby, ON, Canada | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
SirKnight-Protector of Lady Visa
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SirKnight-Protector of Lady Visa   Author's Homepage   E-mail SirKnight-Protector of Lady Visa   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
My totem animal is a wolf. My friends joke that I'm part wolf because the closer it gets to a full moon the less I sleep.

--------------------
You have the Right to Remain Silent. Anything you say CAN and WILL be twisted around, taken out of Context and used against you.

All we need is love and beer. Old school metal and some holiday cheer to be happy.

Posts: 711 | From: Bowling Green, KY/ WKU | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
christmas tree kitapper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for christmas tree kitapper     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Bookworm?

--------------------
"I have never in my life been more disappointed by a politician I voted for than I have been with George Bush. He is a total liberal."- overheard by me on the shuttle to the U of A game on Nov. 11th.

Posts: 3878 | From: Tucson, AZ | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
First of Two
The Bills of St. Mary's

Icon 1 posted      Profile for First of Two   Author's Homepage   E-mail First of Two   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Coyote, of the Changing Breed. It has always been so.

--------------------
"Liberalism is a philosophy of consolation for western civilization as it commits suicide." - Jerry Pournelle

Posts: 14567 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
TallGeekyGirl
O Read, O Read, The Manual

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TallGeekyGirl   Author's Homepage   E-mail TallGeekyGirl   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Raccoon. Definitely. [Smile]

I'm a scrounger, I'm smart, I can be sneaky, and I am generally inoffensive unless you back me into a corner at which time I WILL bite.

Also, my house is filled with them. Pictures, plushies, figurines, etc. I just the cute lil' masked banditos! [Big Grin]

--------------------
See, if I tell you about it, it won't be a mystery. It'll just be a fact, an ugly, moist fact, squatting on your brain like an octopus. And you don't want an octopus squatting on your brain, do you, son? -- Stan Smith, American Dad

Posts: 980 | From: Virginia | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
serarose
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for serarose   E-mail serarose   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
After reading The Tao of Pooh and The Te of Piglet, I am definintly Piglet.
We both think that because we're not big that sometimes people don't pay attention to us, among other Piglet-type worries, but it works out.

--------------------
The important thing is not to stop questioning- Einstein

Posts: 290 | From: Boston, MA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
serarose
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for serarose   E-mail serarose   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Waffles

--------------------
The important thing is not to stop questioning- Einstein

Posts: 290 | From: Boston, MA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
NocturnalGoddess- naughty or nice?
Carol of the Dells

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NocturnalGoddess- naughty or nice?     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I have a few, but the biggest one is a cat. I identify with them in every way, and I just have a way with them.

I believe people can have more than one. My others are rabbits, bats, moths, deer, and owls.

Hmm... my username suddenly seems even more appropriate... [Smile]

--------------------
"I saw weird stuff in that place last night. Weird, strange, sick, twisted, eerie, godless, EVIL stuff... and I want in."- Homer Simpson

Posts: 2161 | From: Delaware | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
TrishDaDish
Let There Be PCs on Earth

Icon 500 posted      Profile for TrishDaDish   Author's Homepage   E-mail TrishDaDish   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Neffti Nimbus:

Ah, you've brought my mind back to a real trooper duckie. There's a windmill near here that's home to geese and a few occasional ducks (right now the seagulls are trying to take over like the Mob). One day when we went to feed the ducks and geese popcorn (they prefer to eat while in the water next to the windmill), there was this one little duck that seemed to take twice as long as the others eating. On closer look, I noticed half his upper bill was missing. I don't know how it happened to the little guy, but you can bet I stuck up for the underdog. I shooed away the geese (which isn't easy, as they are nasty critters who'll bite at you and hiss for good measure, even if you are feeding them) and gave that little duckie a lot of personal time and more popcorn than anybody else. I wonder how he's doing...

--------------------
I would prefer not to.
My blog

Posts: 4789 | From: Rhode Island | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
MaidenAthene
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MaidenAthene   E-mail MaidenAthene   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Most definately a Cougar:
The Cougar

And some Snow Leopard.

--------------------
“We live in a society of victimization, where people are much more comfortable being victimized than actually standing up for themselves.” - Marilyn Manson
"Well, end more, your not ending enough!" - MST3K

Posts: 259 | From: Texas | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages