snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » SLC Central » SLC: A Best Buy Christmas » Questions you drew a blank on (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Questions you drew a blank on
Brad from Georgia
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brad from Georgia   Author's Homepage   E-mail Brad from Georgia   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Do you suppose in China people writing checks suddenly tear them up, announcing, "I wrote 'Year of Rooster!' Forgot it's already 'Year of Dog!'"?

Brad "Gung hay fat choy!" from Georgia

--------------------
"No hard feelin's and HOPpy New Year!"--Walt Kelly
Hear what you're missing: ARTC podcasts! http://artcpodcast.org/

Posts: 7581 | From: Gainesville, Georgia | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Saint Gryphon
I Saw Three Shipments

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Saint Gryphon     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I call this company and the first thing they asked was to verify my address, I rattle it off no problem. They pause and say they have no address for me and could I give it again so they can put it in their system. At this point I totally forgot where I lived. It threw me for such a loop I had to pull out my drivers license to get the address. I am sure the person on the phone thought I was a total idiot.

--------------------
Defender of dragons and slayer of fair maidens

Posts: 83 | From: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
LyndaD
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LyndaD   E-mail LyndaD   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I continually mix up DD1 & DD2's names. It doesn't help that they rhyme (we didn't realize this until after DD2 was born and named).

I also mix up the dog and DS2. Rex and Ty don't sound alike, but for some reason I often call the dog Ty and DS2 Rex.

--------------------
I'll drive it ugly. You can't see the paint job when you're behind the wheel, anyway.

Posts: 570 | From: Central Valley, California | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
FrogFeathers
Grandma Got Run Over By a Gift Card

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FrogFeathers   Author's Homepage   E-mail FrogFeathers   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Today, I had to order a book for my daughter. I called the only book store here in town.

The guy asked me the title. I replied: "Christine"... then he asked me the author and I paused. Seriously? Is he asking me the name of the guy who wrote "Christine" the story about the killer car...?

When I said, "Uh, Stephen King." He sighed and said, "Oh, it has been a long day!"

So, while I'm chuckling inside that he blanked on Stephen King's name, he asked me my last name.

On which I totally blanked. [fish]

--------------------
"Is it ME? Am I a MAGNET for these idiots?"~Pearl Forrester MST3K
Die-Hard Engineers, Big Red One my Dad's website
"Must be a 'snopes' thing..." ~my entire family when I try to explain something.

Posts: 4524 | From: South of Madison, Wisconsin | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Cervus
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cervus   E-mail Cervus   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I often momentarily forget my age. However, I'll be 25 in four weeks, and for some reason this is seeming like a more momentous birthday than my previous few.

When I'm sending snail mail to my parents, I have to stop and remember their address. I grew up in that house and lived there for 13 years; you'd think the address would be rote memory.

--------------------
"There is no constitutional right to sleep with endangered reptiles." -- Carl Hiaasen
Won't somebody please think of the adults!

Posts: 8254 | From: Florida | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Gabi
I'm Dreaming of a White Sale

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gabi     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I am so happy to hear that other forget their own age I thought it was just me. I have been stumped for long periods of time too, to the point that I had to do the math, so it is not just a "blank" moment but truly lost.

Im feeling much better now

--------------------
"she chose the next moment to demonstrate her talent, very rare, for projectile vomiting while spinning" Bill Richardson about his new white bedspread

Posts: 19 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Starla
It Came Upon a Midnight Clearance

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Starla     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
My phone number. The number I had growing up and my current number are very similar. Every time I get asked my phone number I have to stop and think for a second. Spending five weeks with my parents this summer giving out their phone number didn't help matters at all.

--------------------
This used to be the life, but I don't need another one.
MyBandwagon

Posts: 3254 | From: small town Texas | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Winter Morning
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Winter Morning     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
My best friend's birthday. I've known her 27 years. TWENTY SEVEN YEARS. And each and every one of those years I've had to pull out the last year's record of her birthday to try to get at least close.

Morning
OMG, last year I recorded it in the cell phone I no longer have... *bangs head*

Posts: 321 | From: Ohio (Land of Good Morning) | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Wild Card
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wild Card     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I've had it explained to me several times, but I can never recall the solution to a particularly complex equation involving woodchucks.

--------------------
"It's a perfect system...unless it screws up." -Biology Professor

Posts: 495 | From: Orange County, CA | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Wild Card
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wild Card     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Waffles

--------------------
"It's a perfect system...unless it screws up." -Biology Professor

Posts: 495 | From: Orange County, CA | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
moonlight
Little Sales Drummer Boy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for moonlight   E-mail moonlight   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I forget how old my little sister is. Just today she told me that a certainbar by us had good food and I answered with, "They let you in?" I forgot that she is 22.

I've also forgotten my work phone number a few times. I'll be ordering lunch and completely blank out on the phone number.

And it's not a question, but I am horrible at remembering to buy a card. I will buy the present, a box, some wrapping paper and the squiggly ribbon bow...but forget to get a card.

--------------------
I'm back to lurking.

Posts: 2709 | From: Illinois | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Ms. Kringle
Markdown, the Herald Angels Sing

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ms. Kringle     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I am terrible at remembering what our wedding anniversary is.

Yeah, yeah, I know, stereotypically it's men who forget. Noooo, not at my house. Mr. K remembers, and I always have to cheat and look at my wedding ring. The date is engraved on the inside of the band.

I can remember my cell phone number, Mr. K's cell phone number, our home phone number, my friend's home phone number, my parents' phone number, my Granny's phone number, addresses galore....but I cannot, for the life of me, remember our wedding anniversary.

--------------------
Beware corporate zombies! They will purchase your brain on E-Bay!

Posts: 2310 | From: California | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
LyndaD
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LyndaD   E-mail LyndaD   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I thought of another one: I can remember DH's driver's license, but not my own.

--------------------
I'll drive it ugly. You can't see the paint job when you're behind the wheel, anyway.

Posts: 570 | From: Central Valley, California | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
jessboo
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jessboo     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
My age- I also do that "22. no, 23! I'm 23, honest" and then forget my birthdate.

I am absolutely terrible with temps' names. New staff I can handle, temps, I have to ring the agency and ask who is coming in, then ask who they are when they arrive, and then continually check that I have their name right for about 3 days before I start to remember it.

Oh, and left and right. I don't so much forget, as mix them up. If I'm giving directions, I will *always* get them the wrong way around. Always.

--------------------
Join me on Lost - www.lost.eu/edcf

Do you have any wine? All of this would go a lot smoother in an altered state of reality.

Posts: 779 | From: Southampton, England | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Loyhargil
We Three Blings

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Loyhargil     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I was working on a case for a long time where several figures were important. The case went to the Court of Appeals.

At the Appellate Court, during my oral argument, one of the judges asked me for one of the most important figures. I had been dealing with this number for nearly a year, yet I completely and totally blanked. I'm always hyper-prepared, so I knew I had it in the testimony sitting at counsel's table and told him I could have him an answer when oral arguments were completed.

Another attorney presenting an oral argument for another party with similar interests as mine also blanked on the number, so I wasn't alone at least.

It ended up, however, working in our favor.

The final attorney presenting oral argument, the one that the other two of us were up against, attempted to fudge the number. Then the judges called on me for confirmation at the end of the session, and I gave them the specific cites to the specific portions of testimony that I held in my hands right there in the courtroom to verify the actual number.

The other attorney had obliterated his credibility before the Court of Appeals in one fell swoop.

Oh yeah, we won!

--------------------
Bender: Oh cruel fate, to be thusly boned. Ask not for whom the bone bones, it bones for thee.

Posts: 1170 | From: Iowa | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages