snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » SLC Central » SLC: A Best Buy Christmas » Attention Fish o'Thwackin people (Page 8)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 10 pages: 1  2  3  ...  5  6  7  8  9  10   
Author Topic: Attention Fish o'Thwackin people
LizzyJingleBells
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LizzyJingleBells   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Anglrdr, if you haven't heard from Warlock by Thursday, I suggest contacting Deep Blue. It's not fair to everyone else to keep the fish waiting. We can always flop the order around if needed.

Noemi, you may have to pm MacLloyd directly. I think some people have forgotten that their either on the list, or have no idea their turn has come up. Or who knows what may have happened.

So, Anglrdr, gonna share the details or what? [Wink]

--------------------
Come on, come on, we were once upon a time in love
If the only prayer you say in your life is thank you, that would suffice. - Meister Eckhart My Blog

Posts: 7725 | From: Columbus, Ohio | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
AnglsWeHvHrdOnHiRdr
Happy Xmas (Warranty Is Over)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AnglsWeHvHrdOnHiRdr     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
The worked hard (that is snopes on the monitor)

Played hard;

Enjoyed nature

Saw a sight:

And nearly got on TV:

They've had fun, but are ready to go someplace cooler...

[Edited to conserve server bandwidth]

--------------------
"When a stupid man is doing something he is ashamed of, he always declares that it is his duty."--George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 19266 | From: Nashville, TN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
MacLloyd
God Rest Ye Merry Merchants

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MacLloyd     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I am still a live and well and looking forward to a visit from our aquatic friends. I haven't been as active lately, but I still lurk and lurk and have been monitoring the fishy progress.

MacLloyd

--------------------
"May you make the Yuletide pay!"

Posts: 811 | From: Arcadia, CA | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
LizzyJingleBells

Icon 102 posted      Profile for LizzyJingleBells   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Wonderful to hear, Mac. I'm sure the fishies are looking forward to visiting you.

It's a good thing they're made out of rubber. I think a fabric fish would fall apart before too long, with all the adventures they've had.

BTW, the OH/MI group is having a meet in July. We'd like to have the fish come see us again.

--------------------
If the only prayer you say in your life is thank you, that would suffice. - Meister Eckhart My Blog

Posts: 7725 | From: Columbus, Ohio | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
LizzyJingleBells

Icon 505 posted      Profile for LizzyJingleBells   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Just curious if the fish made it to the next leg of the journey. Any news, AnglRdr?

--------------------

Deep Blue
I'll Be Home for After Christmas Sales

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Deep Blue     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
LizzyBean, I've been in contact with AnglRdr, and the fish will be (or are already) on thier way to me. I hope to take them on a trip with me over the weekend, and will send them on thier way to Spam & Cookies next Monday. ( I beleive she is after me on the list)

Deep Blue

Posts: 159 | From: Indiana | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
LizzyJingleBells

Icon 505 posted      Profile for LizzyJingleBells   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
That's great, DeepBlue. Hope you have fun with the fishies.

--------------------

Spam & Cookies-mmm

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spam & Cookies-mmm   E-mail Spam & Cookies-mmm   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Deep Blue:
LizzyBean, I've been in contact with AnglRdr, and the fish will be (or are already) on thier way to me. I hope to take them on a trip with me over the weekend, and will send them on thier way to Spam & Cookies next Monday. ( I beleive she is after me on the list)

Deep Blue

Wow, that was fast.
PM me when you're ready for my address.

--------------------
Did you see the Announcement?
There's a new snopes message board!

Posts: 7767 | From: Paradise Ceded | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Deep Blue

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Deep Blue     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Well, I have good news and bad news...

Good news is that the fishies made to my house Thursday afternoon.

Bad news is that I left Thursday morning for the best party of the summer, IMO. HogRock River Ralley www.hogrock.com (The website itself is SFW, but the links to photos are definitely NSFW)

I wanted to take the fish along for the party, but the mailman had to ruin it, so I have worked up a new adventure for them.

I just got home about 10 minutes ago, and will take the pictures tomorrow and send them off to Spam&Cookies before Wednesday.

Who do I send the pictures and story to?

Deep Blue

*Edited to correct spelling*

Posts: 159 | From: Indiana | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
AnglsWeHvHrdOnHiRdr

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AnglsWeHvHrdOnHiRdr     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm sorry, DeepBlue.

I have a doctor's note.

I ruined everything!

--------------------
"When a stupid man is doing something he is ashamed of, he always declares that it is his duty."--George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 19266 | From: Nashville, TN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Deep Blue

Don't worry about it AnglRdr, you didn't ruin anything! I came up with 'plan B' over the weekend, and will be taking pictures today. (I know I'm gonna get some odd looks from my coworkers for this!)

Deep- Can I get back in line? There's another big rally in October [Big Grin] -Blue

FrogFeathers
Grandma Got Run Over By a Gift Card

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FrogFeathers   Author's Homepage   E-mail FrogFeathers   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm just going to mention again that my guest from Australia is arriving June 25 and will be here till July 25. I'm mentioning his visit because when he's here, I'll be doing more stuff- like tourist-y things.

If nobody minds bumping me up on the list, of course. [Wink] [Big Grin] *bats eyes*

--------------------
"Is it ME? Am I a MAGNET for these idiots?"~Pearl Forrester MST3K
Die-Hard Engineers, Big Red One my Dad's website
"Must be a 'snopes' thing..." ~my entire family when I try to explain something.

Posts: 4524 | From: South of Madison, Wisconsin | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Deep Blue

Well, the fish are on thier way to Spam&Cookies.

They accompanied me to work on Monday, where they got the grand tour. They were quite taken with my friend Dan, and wanted to leave with him, but I caught them before they made it to his truck.
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y100/DeepBlue2/SouthernIL6-8-06041.jpg

The company I work for designs and builds mail sorting equipment, so we took a closer look at the contraption they get sent through every time they get mailed. Thwacky had this to say: "That's what we've been shoved through? No wonder why I have a cramp in my dorsal fin!"
(2 pictures here, because I don't know which one I like better. The first one is the transport section where the mail gets weighed, photographed & barcoded, the second one is the sorting pocket cluster)
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y100/DeepBlue2/SouthernIL6-8-06053.jpg
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y100/DeepBlue2/SouthernIL6-8-06054.jpg

We headed out to take a ride on the Harley, with the fish sporting thier new leather vests (complete with Harley logo) and doo rags. However, since I only have my learners permit, I can't carry passengers yet.
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y100/DeepBlue2/SouthernIL6-8-06049.jpg

We finished off our visit with a trip to Indiana Beach, the local amusement park, where they struck up a conversation with one of White County's finest.
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y100/DeepBlue2/SouthernIL6-8-06001.jpg

Deep- I like the photo of me & the fish on the Harley so much, I put it in my profile! -Blue

**Edited to ask if you all thought the pictures were a bit small? They seem small to me, I reduced the size a bit because they were huge, but I think I got a bit carried away!

Dear Babby
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dear Babby     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Very cute but I wish we could have seen their little outfits better. And I vote for the second photo of the sorting equipment.
Posts: 326 | From: Hawaii | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Don Enrico

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Don Enrico   E-mail Don Enrico   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Great pictures!

Do the fish carry along their new leather vests? They would come in handy for a trip on my bike (even if it's not a Harley).

--------------------
My spelling is Wobbly. It's good spelling, but it Wobbles, and the letters get in the wrong places. - Pooh Bear

Posts: 2209 | From: Hamburg, Germany | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
FrogFeathers

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FrogFeathers   Author's Homepage   E-mail FrogFeathers   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Great pics! I'd like to see the clothes up close too.

--------------------
"Must be a 'snopes' thing..." ~my entire family when I try to explain something.

Posts: 4524 | From: South of Madison, Wisconsin | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Deep Blue

Here is a link to a close up of the fishes in their vests.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y100/DeepBlue2/SouthernIL6-8-06050.jpg

Don, no I didn't think to include the outfits when I mailed them off to Spam&Cookies. I pitched them when I was done. (It never dawned on me that someone else might be interested in using them)

Deep Blue

FrogFeathers

[lol]

Those are great!

--------------------

Spam & Cookies-mmm

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spam & Cookies-mmm   E-mail Spam & Cookies-mmm   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
The guys arrived Thursday afternoon. I promised 'em I'd take them to the beach Friday right after work, but after waiting for me all day, this is how the weather looked. So, disappointed, we all went home for the night, hoping for brighter skies in the morning.

We checked the local weather in the morning, and when we saw that the surf flag was yellow (for "don't blame us if you drown, dummy") we packed up and headed for the beach.

We stopped on the way to snap a pic in front of the world's only known four headed palm tree.

The fish loved the beach.

They built a drip sand castle,
... were fired upon by pirates,
...and admired the beautiful, white sand dunes.

They should ship out of here on Monday. Who's next?

--------------------

Posts: 7767 | From: Paradise Ceded | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Radical Dory
God Rest Ye Merry Retail Clerks

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Radical Dory   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
That would be me, I believe. Check your PMs. [Smile]

--------------------
"But about the reindeer...what kind of a nose shines? How did he get it? Maybe it's not a reindeer after all. It could be something else."

Posts: 2216 | From: Winston-Salem, NC | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Spam & Cookies-mmm

They'll be on their way tomorrow.

--------------------

LizzyJingleBells

quote:
Originally posted by Frog_Feathers:
I'm just going to mention again that my guest from Australia is arriving June 25 and will be here till July 25. I'm mentioning his visit because when he's here, I'll be doing more stuff- like tourist-y things.

If nobody minds bumping me up on the list, of course. [Wink] [Big Grin] *bats eyes*

I see no problem with putting you up on the list right after MacLloyd, and then you can have him for your visit. Then the fish can come to the MI/OH meet, and then it's off to the UK!

--------------------

Don Enrico

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Don Enrico   E-mail Don Enrico   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by LizzyBuzzer:
Then the fish can come to the MI/OH meet, and then it's off to the UK!

Hurray! That means the fish will be here in Hamburg for their "one gig only" German leg of their journey soon!

I hope they don't arrive between the mid of July and early August, because I'll be in Canada at that time.

Don "waiting to meet the fish" Enrico

--------------------
My spelling is Wobbly. It's good spelling, but it Wobbles, and the letters get in the wrong places. - Pooh Bear

Posts: 2209 | From: Hamburg, Germany | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Jay Tea
The "Was on Sale" Song

Icon 107 posted      Profile for Jay Tea   E-mail Jay Tea   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by LizzyBuzzer:
Then the fish can come to the MI/OH meet, and then it's off to the UK!

Soon my pretties - we'll have 'such' fun...

-

--------------------
This is where I come up with something right? Something really clever...

Posts: 6552 | From: UK | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Radical Dory

Icon 217 posted      Profile for Radical Dory   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
The fishies have arrived here in Winston-Salem!

Once I get my professional fish photographer (aka my sister Julie) up and about, we shall have ever so much fun... [Big Grin]

--------------------
"But about the reindeer...what kind of a nose shines? How did he get it? Maybe it's not a reindeer after all. It could be something else."

Posts: 2216 | From: Winston-Salem, NC | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Woofer

Icon 504 posted      Profile for Woofer   Author's Homepage   E-mail Woofer   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Please add me to the list!

--------------------
Like men riding dragons throwing wolves at maggots.

Posts: 204 | From: Florida | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Scout
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Scout     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Oooh, just realised how close it is to the fishies visiting me [Big Grin] Hope they're not too jet-lagged when they get here [Wink]

Scout.

--------------------
"Abandon shop. This is not a daffodil, repeat, this is not a daffodil!"

Posts: 661 | From: UK | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Radical Dory

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Radical Dory   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Well, the fishes arrived in Winston-Salem to much glee. I had told my parents and sister about what we were doing, and as we're not terribly exciting people, they recieved quite a welcome from me, Mom, Julie, and even Oscar when they arrived.

After a day spent dropping off resumes around town, Julie and I set out showing Thwacky and Whacky the area. We found a sign that seemed to sum up our day quite nicely. Why yes, good people at Reynolda Presbyterian...yes, we do. Thank you for asking. (I don't think R.J. Reynolds had this in mind when he built the church. [Big Grin] )

On to SciWorks, which is not only a fun museum, but where I work (for now, anyway). Thwacky wanted a closer look at our giant T. Rex head and with southern hospitality in mind, I kindly obliged him. Whacky wasn't quite so thrilled...he kept "falling" out.

We then took them outside to meet our animals. Our critters were rather indifferent except for our lovely otters, Ollie and Mollie. They were really, really friendly towards Thwacky and Whacky. The fishies felt uncomfortable; I can't imagine why.

Whacky said that he felt tired and would just like to have some coffee. In typical North Carolina fashion, you just can't have coffee. Instead, we have to show off a little. We came home for the day and awaited Noemi's message as to their next destination.

--------------------

Noemi

Icon 217 posted      Profile for Noemi   E-mail Noemi   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Sorry, I missed the thread earlier in the week, check your PM box for my address.

Noemi

--------------------
Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.
My blog, no guarantees about witty or intelligent content. My current projects.
Coveted Beads <---- our eBay store, new items being added somewhat regularly

Posts: 8418 | From: Wyoming | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Shadowduck
We Wish You a Merry Giftmas

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shadowduck     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Hi Peeps,

Since I've dropped back into (very) intermittent lurker mode for one reason or another, I think it's only fair that I should give up my place on Thwacky's itinerary - don't want our scaly chums hanging around waiting for me!

SD

--------------------
But of course, I could be wrong.

Posts: 858 | From: UK | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Noemi

Icon 05 posted      Profile for Noemi   E-mail Noemi   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Just so I know ahead of time, who do we send the pictures to for Thwacky's blog?

Noemi

--------------------

Posts: 8418 | From: Wyoming | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Spam & Cookies-mmm

Icon 203 posted      Profile for Spam & Cookies-mmm   E-mail Spam & Cookies-mmm   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Noemi, Minstrel's doing the updates.

Here's a link to the Fish O'Thwacking blog for anyone who doesn't want to dig back to the first page of this thread to find it.

--------------------

Noemi

Icon 82 posted      Profile for Noemi   E-mail Noemi   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Thanks Spam, I must've missed that when I was going through the thread.

Noemi

--------------------

Noemi

Icon 82 posted      Profile for Noemi   E-mail Noemi   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
The fish arrived safely in Cheyenne today. I will hopefully get the camera and my photgrapher together and get the pictures done in the next day or two.

edit: I can't get the camera until Monday so I'll have to see what I can do in a couple of days (working around the fact that this is the middle of nowhere and all of the touristy type things are open while I'm at work) so they can get sent out on Wednesday.

Further edit: I forgot to say that the fish arrived with some lovely postcards of Winston Salem and a can of Moravian Sugar Cookies. Believe it or not Thwacky and Whacky were nice enough to leave the cookies for me.

Noemi

--------------------

Dear Babby
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dear Babby     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Noemi, I thought Minstrel was passing fish blog duties to someone else for awhile-- Rhee, maybe? I believe this was discussed a few pages back.
Posts: 326 | From: Hawaii | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
  This topic comprises 10 pages: 1  2  3  ...  5  6  7  8  9  10   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages