snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » SLC Central » SLC: A Best Buy Christmas » Attention Fish o'Thwackin people (Page 10)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 10 pages: 1  2  3  ...  7  8  9  10   
Author Topic: Attention Fish o'Thwackin people
FuzzDuckie
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FuzzDuckie     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
LOL no idea Mickey...I only did it here because I keep forgetting I AM on the list!

--------------------
Clever Waste of Time Invasion IV
An unique Riddle adventure.
PM me for more info. I'm on Brain Candy.
Purple Hell- Riddle Tools

Posts: 1551 | From: Georgia | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
The Ota Faction
Happy Holly Days

Icon 201 posted      Profile for The Ota Faction   Author's Homepage   E-mail The Ota Faction   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Amethyst Dragon:
I see I'm not too far from The Ota Faction, maybe we could meet up?

I'd be more than happy to. I'm in Elmira now, though.

ETA: Please update my entry to read "The Ota Faction (Elmira, NY)."

--------------------
"Tell me what you eat, and I will tell you what you are." - Anthelme Brillat-Savarin
"That lonely recluse who lives down the road is crying out. So is that pregnant teenager. And the prostitute. And the drunkard."
Join the Free State Project - I did!

Posts: 1516 | From: *sigh* Elmira, NY | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Amethyst Dragon
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Amethyst Dragon   E-mail Amethyst Dragon   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
and I'm in Syracuse. see, not all that far [Big Grin]

now, if the fish would just turn up somewhere...

Posts: 255 | From: New York | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
babyshoes
I'll Be Home for After Christmas Sales

Icon 1 posted      Profile for babyshoes   E-mail babyshoes   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Can I play, too? Please, please, please? [Big Grin]

I can teach the fish to weave...

baby "on the morning side of the blue ridge" shoes

--------------------
"When Jesus said to love your enemies, I think he meant don't kill them." from a song by Linda K. Williams

Posts: 124 | From: Rappahannock County, VA | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Don Enrico
Happy Xmas (Warranty Is Over)

Icon 102 posted      Profile for Don Enrico   E-mail Don Enrico   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jockolatta North:
Sounds like it may be time for Chillas to put a tracer on the package.

quote:
Originally posted by a chillas in the air:
I was just coming to check. Let me see if I can find anything out.

chillas, did you hear anything? Or did the fish turn up in the UK already? Do we need to call an "all barracks" search? Does anybody have contacts to UK Customs to ask whether our fishy friends are still being X-rayed to find out if they pose a threat to public security?

Don "just wondering" Enrico

--------------------
My spelling is Wobbly. It's good spelling, but it Wobbles, and the letters get in the wrong places. - Pooh Bear

Posts: 2209 | From: Hamburg, Germany | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Scout
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Scout     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
still no sign of them over here [Frown]

I had a parcel to pick up from the post office today, got all excited that it was them, but unfortunately it was a false alarm.

Scout.

--------------------
"Abandon shop. This is not a daffodil, repeat, this is not a daffodil!"

Posts: 661 | From: UK | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
LizzyJingleBells
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 505 posted      Profile for LizzyJingleBells   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Okies. I've got the fish list updated here. If I've forgotten anyone, please let me know.

Scout, if the fish haven't arrived by next week, please let chillas or I know and we'll get new fish and send them on. I hate to think that Thwacky and Wacky have gotten lost, but I want to make sure we can keep up the fish list if they have.

--------------------
Come on, come on, we were once upon a time in love
If the only prayer you say in your life is thank you, that would suffice. - Meister Eckhart My Blog

Posts: 7725 | From: Columbus, Ohio | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
halibut
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for halibut   E-mail halibut   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm not on the list [Frown]

(Should be just after "Mickey is a Weather Girl)

halibut - Lincoln, UK

Posts: 216 | From: Lincoln, UK | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
LizzyJingleBells

Icon 01 posted      Profile for LizzyJingleBells   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Actually, halibut, since you're in the UK, we'll just bump you up on the list so you're with the other European snopesters.

Since I haven't heard from Scout, I'm going to assume that the fish have been lost in the mail. [Frown] chillas and I will find new fishies and send them on their way ASAP. Darn it all. [Frown]

--------------------
If the only prayer you say in your life is thank you, that would suffice. - Meister Eckhart My Blog

Posts: 7725 | From: Columbus, Ohio | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Scout
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Scout     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
yeah, still no sign of any fish [Frown]

Where would one go about purchasing a plastic trout? I'm happy to buy a new fish at this end, but not sure where to go to get one....

Scout.

--------------------

Posts: 661 | From: UK | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Canuckistan

Icon 06 posted      Profile for Canuckistan   E-mail Canuckistan   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I found Whacky at a gag shop. That might be your first stop.

Barring that, bargain stores tend to carry scary-looking toys. Perhaps there's a fish in there somewhere.

And on a personal note, as the one who introduced Thwacky and Whacky, may I say that I'm saddened by their unexpected departure. [Frown]

May then enjoy a fruitful life together.

--------------------
People need to stop appropriating Jesus as their reason for behaving badly. It's so irritating. (Avril)

Posts: 8429 | From: New York run by the Swiss (Toronto) | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
babyshoes
I'll Be Home for After Christmas Sales

Icon 1 posted      Profile for babyshoes   E-mail babyshoes   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Maybe they're on the "no fly" list.

baby "we're #87! we're #87!" shoes

--------------------
"When Jesus said to love your enemies, I think he meant don't kill them." from a song by Linda K. Williams

Posts: 124 | From: Rappahannock County, VA | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Four Kitties
Layaway in a Manger

Icon 503 posted      Profile for Four Kitties   E-mail Four Kitties   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I may have found them.... [Frown]

--------------------
If swimming is so good for your figure, how do you explain whales?

Posts: 13275 | From: Kindergarten World, Massachusetts | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Canuckistan

Icon 301 posted      Profile for Canuckistan   E-mail Canuckistan   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I thought my dinner tasted a little rubbery last night.

Ah well. At least, this way, they'll be a part of me forever.

--------------------
People need to stop appropriating Jesus as their reason for behaving badly. It's so irritating. (Avril)

Posts: 8429 | From: New York run by the Swiss (Toronto) | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
chillas
Coventry Mall Carol

Icon 1 posted      Profile for chillas     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Oh dear...

Lizzy and I are planning on hitting the zoo next weekend, weather permitting. If they haven't shown up by then, Scout, we'll get more and send them along (certified, this time).

--------------------
Come on, come on - spin a little tighter
Come on, come on - and the world's a little brighter

Posts: 5595 | From: Columbus, OH : The Soccer Capital of America | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
James G.
Xboxing Day

Icon 1 posted      Profile for James G.   Author's Homepage   E-mail James G.   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I was just popping back here to see where they had gotten to. Damn customs official.

--------------------
This is a public service announcement. The board is moving. Check Announcements Photos[/URL]

Posts: 1302 | From: Edinburgh, UK (Currently Nr. Swindon, UK) | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Rhea
We Three Blings

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rhea     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Question: How did you send them, chillas?

In my experience, packages between the US and Europe take next to forever to ship if you sent them with regular mail (USPS and the like); six weeks or more is not unusual.

(I sent off my Chanukkah package in Atlanta in early December. It arrived on my mother's birthday in late March.)

Posts: 1201 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
halibut
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for halibut   E-mail halibut   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by LizzyBean:
Actually, halibut, since you're in the UK, we'll just bump you up on the list so you're with the other European snopesters.

Cheers [Big Grin]
Posts: 216 | From: Lincoln, UK | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Canuckistan

Icon 16 posted      Profile for Canuckistan   E-mail Canuckistan   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Rhea:
I sent off my Chanukkah package in Atlanta in early December. It arrived on my mother's birthday in late March.

[Eek!]

Should sent it by e-mail. [Big Grin]

--------------------

Die Capacitrix
We Three Blings

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Die Capacitrix     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
From the U.S. to Switzerland, surface mail is normally six weeks. Air mail packages can be two-three weeks. A normal letter can be four days. Anytime there's more than one country involved, the mail may take much longer than expected.

So - did the fish go via air or surface?

--------------------
"Strength is the capacity to break a chocolate bar into four pieces with your bare hands - and then eat just one of the pieces." Judith Viorst

Posts: 1082 | From: Luzern, Switzerland | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
FrogFeathers
Grandma Got Run Over By a Gift Card

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FrogFeathers   Author's Homepage   E-mail FrogFeathers   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I send parcels to Australia and to Cornwall all the time. USPS- and it takes usually about 10 to 15 days. Although, Shawn has received a couple of the parcels within five days- which stunned us both. Whenever I send things- they give me to option of sending it two-day air (ka-ching), regular air (four to 15 days, which is what I choose) or the six weeks option.

And, several of my parcels get opened by the Australia quarentine officials (they get reclosed with a note saying it was opened and nothing was taken and their "official" tape on the outside).

ETA: spanked!

--------------------
"Is it ME? Am I a MAGNET for these idiots?"~Pearl Forrester MST3K
Die-Hard Engineers, Big Red One my Dad's website
"Must be a 'snopes' thing..." ~my entire family when I try to explain something.

Posts: 4524 | From: South of Madison, Wisconsin | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
chillas
Coventry Mall Carol

Icon 1 posted      Profile for chillas     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
UPDATE:

The fish have been located.

For reasons unknown, they have been returned to us. The package came back with something like "incomplete address" on it. Lizzy said she'd post in more detail when she gets home.

After all this time, I can't help but think that they got across and were returned from there. I'm not sure how this happened: the address is on there exactly as Scout gave it to me. I'll check with the post office and see if they can tell what information (if any) is missing.

--------------------

Posts: 5595 | From: Columbus, OH : The Soccer Capital of America | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Spam & Cookies-mmm

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spam & Cookies-mmm   E-mail Spam & Cookies-mmm   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Yay! The fishies are back. The fishy theme brought them home!
What a great day!

--------------------
Did you see the Announcement?
There's a new snopes message board!

Posts: 7767 | From: Paradise Ceded | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Jocko's Jolly

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jocko's Jolly   E-mail Jocko's Jolly   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Awww, they missed Lizzy and Chillas! Give them some water, they must be parched (or should that be "perched"?). Then give them a stern talking-to about wandering off unsupervised and send them off again. Good idea about checking with the post office, in case there really is something missing and not just a clerical error.

I used to have problems sending things to my friend in Japan, as the only word the post office could understand was, of course, "Japan" -- I didn't write it in Japanese, but since they couldn't understand words like, oh, "Yokohama," "Matsuhita," etc., they kept sending it back to me from Chicago. I kept pointing out that all they had to do was send it there and the rest would be taken care of, but it used to cause such headaches until I got the brilliant idea to put a bogus "American" address on it right next to the Japanese one -- worked like a charm!

--------------------
Like every good third-in-a-series it contains a whole load of ewoks, ‘Clubber’ Lang, whey-faced Sophia Coppola, Sean Connery as the Pirate Captain’s estranged dad, a crappy CGI alien, and Richard Pryor on a donkey. -- Gideon Defoe

Posts: 2211 | From: Harford County, MD | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
chillas
Coventry Mall Carol

quote:
Originally posted by Jocko's Gone Fishin':
Awww, they missed Lizzy and Chillas! Give them some water, they must be parched (or should that be "perched"?).

Poached?

--------------------

LizzyJingleBells

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LizzyJingleBells   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Well, I have no idea what happened, but when I went to the mail box today, there were the fishies! So I guess we'll have to email Scout and get her address again and see what the heck happened.

I'm just glad they've been found.

--------------------

Don Enrico

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Don Enrico   E-mail Don Enrico   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Welcome back, fishes! And thanks to snopes for the theme that lured them back!

Don "anxiously waiting" Enrico

--------------------
My spelling is Wobbly. It's good spelling, but it Wobbles, and the letters get in the wrong places. - Pooh Bear

Posts: 2209 | From: Hamburg, Germany | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Don Enrico

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Don Enrico   E-mail Don Enrico   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
It's nearly been a month now, so I'd like to ask:

Are there any news of the fishes travels? Have they been sent to Europe already? Did they arive this time?

I'm still on the list, and I would love to see the journey go on so I can expect to meet the fishes in person one day.

Don Enrico

--------------------

Don Enrico

Hello? Fishes? Are you still out there?

Don Enrico

--------------------

chillas
Coventry Mall Carol

Sorry, I (once again) have the fishies and will be sending them out shortly. Holiday issues have caused the delay. But they are here, have been photographed a few times, and will be sent on their way again shortly. My fault (as always).

--------------------

Scout
The First USA Noel

The fish have arrived [Big Grin]

I've started a thread on the new board: Return of the Fish

Scout

--------------------

This topic comprises 10 pages: 1  2  3  ...  7  8  9  10   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages