snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » SLC Central » SLC: A Best Buy Christmas » Attention Fish o'Thwackin people (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 10 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  8  9  10   
Author Topic: Attention Fish o'Thwackin people
LizzyJingleBells
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 217 posted      Profile for LizzyJingleBells   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Hi all! I wanted to make a new post about a couple of things, just in case some stuff got lost in the long old thread we've got going.

First, here is the list of people who want the fish, in order of when they signed up.

Secondly,here are the guidelines we've established. If anyone has any questions or remarks about the guidelines, don't hesitate to let me know.

And, also, as a reminder here is the fish's blog, just so you can keep up with his travels.

Thanks!

--------------------
Come on, come on, we were once upon a time in love
If the only prayer you say in your life is thank you, that would suffice. - Meister Eckhart My Blog

Posts: 7725 | From: Columbus, Ohio | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
kathryn
We Three Blings

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kathryn     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I can't view the guidelines as your Yahoo! Page has exceeded something or other.

I think it's hilarious though and want to be included on the list.

Can I join? Pretty please?

Kat" [fish] "hryn

--------------------
Keeper of the American Idol Pool 2006

Pamper yourself!

Posts: 1085 | From: Transplanted Yankee in North Carolina | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
mrs.hi-c clown fishies
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mrs.hi-c clown fishies     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I sent my pics and a semi-story to Minstrel...where's Thwacky's Saginaw entry? hmmm???

[fish] !

--------------------
This song has no title...just words and a tune.

Instant Hi-C--Just add water...

Posts: 1620 | From: Michigan | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Matt H.
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Matt H.     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Apparently I'll have the opportunity to visit Ur on my deployment. Think Fishington would find that interesting?

--------------------
"Who needs the Bible? I've got this magic 8-ball."

Posts: 354 | From: Minnesota | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Lilybet
Xboxing Day

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lilybet     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Hmmm. I have vague thoughts of parlaying my upcoming rendezvous with Thwacky into an excuse to gather somewhere with other snopesters... Dallas, of course, being an obvious choice. Hmmmmmm...

Lily "I'll try not to get lost in unfamiliar territory" bet

--------------------
A day in the life: Human woman *** Frozen turkey

Posts: 1361 | From: Austin, Texas | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Minstrel gone caroling
Let There Be PCs on Earth

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Minstrel gone caroling   Author's Homepage   E-mail Minstrel gone caroling   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Okay, I've been slacking. I admit it! But Thwacky's Saginaw adventure has been posted.

--------------------
Last year's goat was burned down by vandals dressed up as Santa Claus and the Gingerbread Man. They were never caught.
My blog. The Adventures of the Fish O'Thwacking.
Countdown: 177 days (or less!)

Posts: 4926 | From: NW Ohio | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
LizzyJingleBells

Icon 216 posted      Profile for LizzyJingleBells   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Minstrel, as always your update for the blog is too funny. [lol]

Matt H and kathryn, I've added you both to the list. Matt, you're pretty far down on the list, but if you let me know when you're deployed, I'm sure we can bump you up, just for the fun of it. [Wink] I'm sure no one will mind, since some people are getting bumbed for various reasons anyway.

kathryn, I'm surprised you had trouble viewing the guidelines. Unless so many people have looked at it that it overloaded it. I had no trouble looking at it earlier, so maybe you can try again.

--------------------
If the only prayer you say in your life is thank you, that would suffice. - Meister Eckhart My Blog

Posts: 7725 | From: Columbus, Ohio | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Remarkgullabull
Happy Xmas (Warranty Is Over)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Remarkgullabull     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Who is currently hosting Thwacky? I am going to be leaving for Sausalito in 20 days and would like company on the plane! [lol]

--------------------
Love does not consist of gazing at each other, but in looking together in the same direction - Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Posts: 1961 | From: California | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
HelloLlama
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 1 posted      Profile for HelloLlama     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I have thwacky and will be sending him to Bach_girl in the mail tomorrow.
Posts: 498 | From: Ypsilanti, Michigan | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
dramaqueen872005
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dramaqueen872005   E-mail dramaqueen872005   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Ooh! Sign me up! [Big Grin]

--------------------
"I'm Jimmy Joe Dean," he said, "Sort of like James Dean, but with a Texas twist"
"Yeah," Brent muttered. "The original Rebel Without a Brain."
~Drive me Wild, Julie Ortolon

Posts: 444 | From: Round Rock/San Angelo, TX | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
kathryn
We Three Blings

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kathryn     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I think I looked right after you posted the thread so probably EVERYONE went to review the guidelines.

I have since been able to see them [Smile]

Thanks!

kathryn

--------------------
Keeper of the American Idol Pool 2006

Pamper yourself!

Posts: 1085 | From: Transplanted Yankee in North Carolina | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
daisyslegs
It Came Upon a Midnight Clearance

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daisyslegs     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
oh yes, I do want to play fishy tour guide! Please add me to the list as well?

--------------------
~tough as nails yet nice as pie~
For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction - and sometimes a scar.
"and don't threaten anyone with your pants today!" - Frog_Feathers
daisys does Myspace

Posts: 3206 | From: Molalla, OR | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
paisley claus
We Three Blings

Icon 1 posted      Profile for paisley claus     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
If Thwacky has not visited Cincinnati yet, and if ya'll will let him come, I'd be happy to show him around! I know I'm kinda new, but I'll take good care of him, I promise!

*puppy dog eyes* Pwease?

--------------------
"Oh, now we're going to start judging each other on things we've done?? Real fair!"

Posts: 1114 | From: Cincinnati, OH | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
guruwan2b

Icon 1 posted      Profile for guruwan2b   Author's Homepage   E-mail guruwan2b   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Ohhh, I get fishy after Bach girl....
Must charge up the digi....
Wonder if he will be impressed with my new car???

guru runs off to see if the fish pirate suit is ready....

--------------------
Too much of this navel gazing and we'll disappear up our own arses.
Danvers Carew

Posts: 7465 | From: Oklahoma | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
smallmac
I'll Be Home for After Christmas Sales

Icon 1 posted      Profile for smallmac   E-mail smallmac   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
dang! I couldn't find this thread but I think the fish may be lost in transit, and misappropriated.

"A man could face six months in jail for slapping a passer-by round the face with a fish. David Evans appeared at Falkirk Sheriff Court today where he admitted attacking Alan Binnie in Grangemouth earlier this year. The assault left his victim with red marks and fish scales stuck to his cheeks."

You better make sure of its whereabouts!

Posts: 133 | From: Lanarkshire, Scotland | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Minstrel gone caroling
Let There Be PCs on Earth

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Minstrel gone caroling   Author's Homepage   E-mail Minstrel gone caroling   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Thwacky's blog was just updated with the tale of his adventures with HelloLlama.

--------------------
Last year's goat was burned down by vandals dressed up as Santa Claus and the Gingerbread Man. They were never caught.
My blog. The Adventures of the Fish O'Thwacking.
Countdown: 177 days (or less!)

Posts: 4926 | From: NW Ohio | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Nonny Mouse, on Santa's laptop
Once in Royal Circuit City

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nonny Mouse, on Santa's laptop   Author's Homepage   E-mail Nonny Mouse, on Santa's laptop   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Hi. Just popping in to let you know that Thwacky has arrived in Canada safe and sound. I've been having a lot of fun explaining to my boss and the kids why a lady I've never met mailed me a rubber fish.

Nonny

--------------------
When there isn't anything else worth analyzing, we examine our collective navel. I found thirty-six cents in change in mine the other day. Let no one say that there is no profit in philosophy. -- Silas Sparkhammer

Posts: 10141 | From: Toronto, Ontario | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
chillas
Coventry Mall Carol

Icon 05 posted      Profile for chillas     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Bloody Nonny:
I've been having a lot of fun explaining to my boss and the kids why a lady I've never met mailed me a rubber fish.

Huh? People need an explanation for that?

--------------------
Come on, come on - spin a little tighter
Come on, come on - and the world's a little brighter

Posts: 5595 | From: Columbus, OH : The Soccer Capital of America | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
LizzyJingleBells

Icon 505 posted      Profile for LizzyJingleBells   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Nonny, I'm so glad that Thwacky made it safe and sound. I wasn't paying attention to where he was. Have fun with him at the meet, and be sure to send him on to the next Canadian snopester. [Big Grin]

--------------------

lazydogweb
Cauliflower Ears

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lazydogweb   Author's Homepage   E-mail lazydogweb   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Me too me too!!! I asked on the last forum, but don't see my name yet. I know it's a pain to update those things, but please ad me to the list of fish watchers please?!?! Thanks!!! It's a bit cold in Colorado right now, but I think he'll still enjoy it!!

--------------------
I was here last time I checked, maybe I left.
GO Detroit Tigers!! 2006 ends our streak!

Posts: 153 | From: Rye, CO | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Jocko's Jolly

Icon 606 posted      Profile for Jocko's Jolly   E-mail Jocko's Jolly   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Help! Your data transfer limit has been exceeded, so I can't check out the guidelines or the list. I'd love to be added to the list if you don't already have Fishy visiting Baltimore, just let me know.

--------------------
Like every good third-in-a-series it contains a whole load of ewoks, ‘Clubber’ Lang, whey-faced Sophia Coppola, Sean Connery as the Pirate Captain’s estranged dad, a crappy CGI alien, and Richard Pryor on a donkey. -- Gideon Defoe

Posts: 2211 | From: Harford County, MD | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Cervus

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cervus   E-mail Cervus   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
At the rate this is going, the fish will be traveling for several years.

--------------------
"There is no constitutional right to sleep with endangered reptiles." -- Carl Hiaasen
Won't somebody please think of the adults!

Posts: 8254 | From: Florida | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Jenn
Layaway in a Manger

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jenn   E-mail Jenn   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by LizzyBean:
be sure to send him on to the next Canadian snopester. [Big Grin]

Is that me? (The page is temporarily unavailable.) Let me know and I'll send Nonny my address.

--------------------
"You're the opposite of troll. It's a compliment!"

Posts: 12086 | From: Alberta | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Four Kitties
Layaway in a Manger

Icon 503 posted      Profile for Four Kitties   E-mail Four Kitties   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by lazydogweb:
It's a bit cold in Colorado right now, but I think he'll still enjoy it!!

At this rate, Thwacky won't be visiting you until summer 2008, so you have time to fix the weather.

Four Kitties

--------------------
If swimming is so good for your figure, how do you explain whales?

Posts: 13275 | From: Kindergarten World, Massachusetts | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
LizzyJingleBells

Icon 214 posted      Profile for LizzyJingleBells   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Jenn, since all of the Canadian snopesters are kind of lumped together because of the meet, I guess you'll have to wait and see who takes it from Nonny at the meet. The Canadian snopesters that I have listed are:

11. Nonny (Toronto, Canada) (needs fish on/before January 14, 2006)
12. Canuckistan (Canada)
13. callee (Ontario, Canada
14. Looney /Ringkeeper(Newfoundland)
15. UE Loyalist (New Brunswick)
16. JR (Ontario, Canada)
17. Jenn (Alberta)

Whomever has the fish in Canada last will be sending it (him?) onto Silas.

Cervus, I think you're right about this fish traveling for a very long time. The list has grown to a total of 71 people! I'm going to pencil Remark down for March 1st, since that's when LTCC is coming to visit him. However, he's listed after the European snopesters. Would anyone mind if, whoever has the fish just before that time mails it to him? Provided it hasn't gone to Europe yet.

The latest people added to the list are:
70. lazydogweb (Rye, Colorado)
71. Jocko Hammer (Baltimore, Maryland)
72. klim5150 (Arlington, Texas)
73. Something (Northern California)

ETA: The webpage has been updated. I also want to appologise to everyone if I don't keep things as updated as I would like. Between Nicholas, the BF, work and school, I'm not online as much as I would like to be.

--------------------

Nonny Mouse, on Santa's laptop
Once in Royal Circuit City

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nonny Mouse, on Santa's laptop   Author's Homepage   E-mail Nonny Mouse, on Santa's laptop   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Thwacky will be handed off directly to Canuckistan at the Toronto meet.

Nonny

--------------------
When there isn't anything else worth analyzing, we examine our collective navel. I found thirty-six cents in change in mine the other day. Let no one say that there is no profit in philosophy. -- Silas Sparkhammer

Posts: 10141 | From: Toronto, Ontario | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Eve MG
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eve MG   Author's Homepage   E-mail Eve MG   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Thanks for letting us know, Nonny! I'm glad you'll have some bonding time with him before the meet.

Eve "The lady who mailed the rubber fish" MG

--------------------
I love dairy! Does that mean I can't be a vegan?

Posts: 1569 | From: Upstate NY | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
curlygirl
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 1 posted      Profile for curlygirl   E-mail curlygirl   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
OOOOOH. I know it's a bit out of order but is it possible to get Twacky to come out West while he's Down Under? Please? Any other Aussie snopsters want to join the rotation?

--------------------
"let them eat cake...and toast...and waffles...and cookies, don't forget the cookies"

Posts: 507 | From: Western Australia | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
lazydogweb
Cauliflower Ears

Icon 99 posted      Profile for lazydogweb   Author's Homepage   E-mail lazydogweb   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
ETA: The webpage has been updated. I also want to appologise to everyone if I don't keep things as updated as I would like. Between Nicholas, the BF, work and school, I'm not online as much as I would like to be.

No need to appoligise LizzyBean. I've let a couple of my pages die as well, I know what you mean by what I call Life Taking Over. Isn't it fun remembering when we could do everything we wanted when we wanted, dang gone life, it always gets in the way!! [Big Grin]

--------------------
I was here last time I checked, maybe I left.
GO Detroit Tigers!! 2006 ends our streak!

Posts: 153 | From: Rye, CO | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
skrap
Minnow Way Out

Icon 208 posted      Profile for skrap   E-mail skrap   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by lazydogweb:
Me too me too!!! I asked on the last forum, but don't see my name yet. I know it's a pain to update those things, but please ad me to the list of fish watchers please?!?! Thanks!!! It's a bit cold in Colorado right now, but I think he'll still enjoy it!!

lazydogweb, Thwacky is comming to Colorado! I think I'm #49 on the list and I live in Westcliffe. Maybe we could meet half way and I could hand him off to you. What does everyone think? Would that upset any plans?
skrap

--------------------
The Quiet One

Posts: 928 | From: Colorado | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Canuckistan

Icon 99 posted      Profile for Canuckistan   E-mail Canuckistan   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Nonny handed Thwacky off to me at the meet today. Now, I'm getting ready to show him a side of Toronto a lot of people have never seen.

Yes, he's afraid. I can sense the fear.

--------------------
People need to stop appropriating Jesus as their reason for behaving badly. It's so irritating. (Avril)

Posts: 8429 | From: New York run by the Swiss (Toronto) | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
LizzyJingleBells

Icon 19 posted      Profile for LizzyJingleBells   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
curly, you're added in with the other "down under" snopesters.

I checked cunuckistan's thread about the meet. Great pictures! Looks like you guys had a really fun time.

--------------------

Jocko's Jolly

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jocko's Jolly   E-mail Jocko's Jolly   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Um, Lizzy, I think you better check Canuckistan's thread again -- seems our Thwacky's growing up and discovering hormones (or fishmones as the case may be).

--------------------
Like every good third-in-a-series it contains a whole load of ewoks, ‘Clubber’ Lang, whey-faced Sophia Coppola, Sean Connery as the Pirate Captain’s estranged dad, a crappy CGI alien, and Richard Pryor on a donkey. -- Gideon Defoe

Posts: 2211 | From: Harford County, MD | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
LizzyJingleBells

Icon 216 posted      Profile for LizzyJingleBells   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I saw that, Jocko! I'm a little scared for the rest of this journey!

--------------------

Canuckistan

Icon 105 posted      Profile for Canuckistan   E-mail Canuckistan   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
I saw that, Jocko! I'm a little scared for the rest of this journey!

Ah, why are you scared? Thwacky has someone to look out for him now along the journey.

(For those who have no idea what we're talking about, the story is here.)

--------------------
People need to stop appropriating Jesus as their reason for behaving badly. It's so irritating. (Avril)

Posts: 8429 | From: New York run by the Swiss (Toronto) | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
  This topic comprises 10 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  8  9  10   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages