snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » SLC Central » SLC: A Best Buy Christmas » Snopesters MIA - speak up! (Page 4)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 21 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  19  20  21   
Author Topic: Snopesters MIA - speak up!
moruti
The Red and the Green Stamps

Icon 07 posted            Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Fowlplay and Marrya, thank You both for Your concern.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Morgaine La Raq Star
The "Was on Sale" Song

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Morgaine La Raq Star   E-mail Morgaine La Raq Star   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Yeah for lola being back!!! I missed my message board twin!

And I miss Mrs.Stressa. I know a lot went on in her life over the past year or so, but I still miss her.

Morgaine

--------------------
I cannot live without books-Thomas Jefferson *~* A child educated only at school is an uneducated child - George Santayana
I'm going to pummel you with such zeal, Buddha will explode! *~* Never miss a good chance to shut up - Will Rogers

Posts: 6585 | From: Dallas/Fort Worth, TX | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
the Virgin Marrya
Let There Be PCs on Earth

Icon 1 posted      Profile for the Virgin Marrya     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
moruti! Glad to see you here! How ya been doin?

--------------------
Windows cannot open this file. To open this file correctly, defenestrate, then try running the file again...

Posts: 5383 | From: New Zealand | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Thor's Screwdriver

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
*sock puppet with disguised voice*
"Hmmm whatever happened to that really cool snopester named Thor's Screwdriver?"

RingKeeper
Markdown, the Herald Angels Sing

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RingKeeper     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
What about HairyFairy? Was there a name change or something I missed?

And I haven't seen Aimee around much, although she apparently has been posting...

--------------------
There are just some things a dog can't explain to a monkey.

Posts: 2529 | From: Newfoundland | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
ali_marea
The "Was on Sale" Song

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ali_marea   E-mail ali_marea   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I saw Aimee post on her birthday (she's my sister's age, and I didn't realize that *grin*)

I haven't seen HairyFairy in a while either. I've been wondering how she is. And wonder how long her hair has grown since she shaved it off! [Big Grin]

--------------------
28 days, 6 hours, 42 minutes, and 12 seconds. That is when the world will end.

Posts: 7158 | From: D.C. | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
RingKeeper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RingKeeper     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
That's true! She was BaldyFairy for a little while. [Smile]

--------------------
There are just some things a dog can't explain to a monkey.

Posts: 2529 | From: Newfoundland | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
I bent my wookie

Icon 82 posted            Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by STF:
quote:
Originally posted by Remarkgullabull:
Whatever happened to I bent my Wookie???

I used to PM her. She was cool. I think she got tied up with school to begin with. I don't know about now. We were bothing stressing our way through the last semester.
Hey you guys! I'm here!!!!! I'm sorry I haven't been around in a while- I had to take a brief hiatus since I had waaaay too much going on in my life for a while (between school, my volunteer work, breaking up with my boyfriend of 3 years and starting a new job!) I've missed everyone! I will be around much more often now- pinky swear! [Smile]
Nonny Mouse, on Santa's laptop
Once in Royal Circuit City

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nonny Mouse, on Santa's laptop   Author's Homepage   E-mail Nonny Mouse, on Santa's laptop   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I've been in contact with tagurit. She left for reasons she's opted not to share publicly, but it's not any kind of personal crisis we should worry about or anything like that.

Nonny

--------------------
When there isn't anything else worth analyzing, we examine our collective navel. I found thirty-six cents in change in mine the other day. Let no one say that there is no profit in philosophy. -- Silas Sparkhammer

Posts: 10141 | From: Toronto, Ontario | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Noemi
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 82 posted      Profile for Noemi   E-mail Noemi   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Thanks for that update Nonny! I was thinking of tag recently because she's the one who conviced me that I should try making jam.

Also, I realized recently that I hadn't seen resident_deity in a while.

Noemi

--------------------
Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.
My blog, no guarantees about witty or intelligent content. My current projects.
Coveted Beads <---- our eBay store, new items being added somewhat regularly

Posts: 8418 | From: Wyoming | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Sara at home

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sara at home   E-mail Sara at home   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
And I was just thinking of Tag on Saturday when I bought liverwurst/braunschweiger.

--------------------
Assume that all my posts will be edited at least once. Dyslexic -- can't spell, can't type, can't proofread.

Posts: 8317 | From: Reading, PA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
the Virgin Marrya

Icon 1 posted      Profile for the Virgin Marrya     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Hey, Nonny, next time you're talking to Tag, say hi for me, wouldja?

Fanks!

--------------------
Windows cannot open this file. To open this file correctly, defenestrate, then try running the file again...

Posts: 5383 | From: New Zealand | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Cervus

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cervus   E-mail Cervus   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I just realized Chimera's been absent for three weeks. Barns hasn't been around for a few weeks, either. Hope they're both just on vacation.

Edit: Thanks for the update on tag, Nonny.

--------------------
"There is no constitutional right to sleep with endangered reptiles." -- Carl Hiaasen
Won't somebody please think of the adults!

Posts: 8254 | From: Florida | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
The Ota Faction
Happy Holly Days

Icon 201 posted      Profile for The Ota Faction   Author's Homepage   E-mail The Ota Faction   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Say, what happened to pocamumu? I thought she was drop dead gorgeous...err, I mean quite opinionated and articulate [fish] .

--------------------
"Tell me what you eat, and I will tell you what you are." - Anthelme Brillat-Savarin
"That lonely recluse who lives down the road is crying out. So is that pregnant teenager. And the prostitute. And the drunkard."
Join the Free State Project - I did!

Posts: 1516 | From: *sigh* Elmira, NY | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
guruwan2b

Icon 1 posted      Profile for guruwan2b   Author's Homepage   E-mail guruwan2b   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Not that anyone will notice, but I will be going on vacation starting Friday afternoon. I guess I will leave the keys to the basement with Chloe, in case the pirate needs to make an appearance while I am gone.
Kim

--------------------
Too much of this navel gazing and we'll disappear up our own arses.
Danvers Carew

Posts: 7465 | From: Oklahoma | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
pinqy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pinqy   E-mail pinqy   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I miss Moose.

pinqy

--------------------
Don't Forget!
Winter Solstice Hanukkah Christmas Kwanzaa & Gurnenthar's Ascendance Are Coming!

Posts: 8671 | From: Washington, DC | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Spam & Cookies-mmm

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spam & Cookies-mmm   E-mail Spam & Cookies-mmm   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm having Barns & No Bull withdrawl.

--------------------
Did you see the Announcement?
There's a new snopes message board!

Posts: 7767 | From: Paradise Ceded | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Mistletoey Chloe

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mistletoey Chloe     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Where's Wintermute? I'm pining...(but the keys to the pirate will help).

--------------------
~~Ai am in mai prrrrrraime!~~

Posts: 10111 | From: Oklahoma | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
lynnejanet
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lynnejanet     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Spam & Cookies-mmm:
I'm having Barns & No Bull withdrawl.

Me too! I was hoping for some witty comment on the bison/bigfoot hair.

Sigh.

--------------------
lynne"insert appropriate punny phrase here"janet

Posts: 1460 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Gale

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gale     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I heard from Barns last week. I'll pass on the thoughts. Or the thread at least. Of course, it's going to cost him bacon.
Posts: 4811 | From: Austin, TX | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Ciara...

Icon 210 posted      Profile for Ciara...   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Haven't seen anue or Slainey in a while.

--------------------
-Oh, we'd all like to lick the great Superman, Jimmy.

Posts: 2298 | From: Eastern Scandinavia (Sverige) | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Spam & Cookies-mmm

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spam & Cookies-mmm   E-mail Spam & Cookies-mmm   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Slainey rule sixed himself when the new location policy went into effect.

--------------------
Did you see the Announcement?
There's a new snopes message board!

Posts: 7767 | From: Paradise Ceded | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Jackie in the Elevator
Happy Holly Days

Icon 08 posted      Profile for Jackie in the Elevator     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Slainey is a her.

--------------------
Free the West Memphis Three

Why are these cases still unsolved?

Posts: 1618 | From: Texas | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
wee wifey

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wee wifey   E-mail wee wifey   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Spam & Cookies-mmm:
Slainey rule sixed himself when the new location policy went into effect.

although I've noticed at least one person who rule sixed and did come back, I'm not sure it's a hard and fast rule.

--------------------
once known as little miss

"I don't Pretend to be an ordinary Housewife" Elizabeth Taylor

Posts: 2416 | From: London | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Nuclear Mosquito
Crane Damaged

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nuclear Mosquito   E-mail Nuclear Mosquito   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I was mia for almost a year, but I'm not a really proficient poster, so probably no one noticed.

--------------------
If my calculations are correct: SLINKY + escalator = endless fun!

Posts: 317 | From: Illinois | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Barbara
Layaway in a Manger

Icon 504 posted      Profile for Barbara   Author's Homepage   E-mail Barbara   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by wee wifey:
although I've noticed at least one person who rule sixed and did come back, I'm not sure it's a hard and fast rule.

You tell me who, and we'll both find out.

Barbara "IM waiting" Mikkelson

Posts: 2511 | From: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Rhiandmoi

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rhiandmoi   E-mail Rhiandmoi   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Wintermute is fine, he has just been very busy the last few weeks.

--------------------
I think that hyperbole is the single greatest factor contributing to the decline of society. - My friend Pat.

What is .02 worth?

Posts: 8745 | From: California | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
NewZer0
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NewZer0   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I saw/met Slainey recently at an SCA event -- she's the kingdom's new arts & sciences championship!

But she's not planning on returning to snopes.

--NewZer0

--------------------
I study medieval literature because that's where the money is.

Posts: 1431 | From: Corvallis, OR | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
rockland6674
We Wish You a Merry Giftmas

Icon 82 posted      Profile for rockland6674         Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Nuclear Mosquito:
I was mia for almost a year, but I'm not a really proficient poster, so probably no one noticed.

I noticed. I was reading some of the old posts in "We've Got Mail" a while back, came upon one of yours, checked your recent posts and saw that you hadn't posted in ages. Welcome back!
Posts: 934 | From: Massachusetts | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Mistletoey Chloe

Icon 503 posted      Profile for Mistletoey Chloe     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by NewZer0:
I saw/met Slainey recently at an SCA event -- she's the kingdom's new arts & sciences championship!

But she's not planning on returning to snopes.

--NewZer0

That's a shame. I miss her posts.

--------------------

Posts: 10111 | From: Oklahoma | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
TheBobo

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TheBobo   Author's Homepage   E-mail TheBobo   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Barbara:
quote:
Originally posted by wee wifey:

You tell me who, and we'll both find out.

Barbara "IM waiting" Mikkelson

Kate Sporks.

--------------------
The views expressed in the above Post does not necessarily reflect those of snopes,The Infopoop Corporation,the Internet or most of society for that matter.

Posts: 2474 | From: Scranton, PA | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Cervus

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cervus   E-mail Cervus   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Kate sporks has not posted since August 16, 2004 - almost exactly a year ago. I had to go to the archives to find her last post, but I can't find the thread where she said she was leaving.

I seem to remember she stated that she was NOT pulling a number 6, just going to stop being a regular poster. She didn't want people to wonder what happened to her or beg her to come back, so she made a thread explaining why she wasn't going to post on a regular basis anymore. I am fairly certain she said she would still lurk and post on occasion, which she did.

--------------------
"There is no constitutional right to sleep with endangered reptiles." -- Carl Hiaasen
Won't somebody please think of the adults!

Posts: 8254 | From: Florida | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
wee wifey

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wee wifey   E-mail wee wifey   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Folks, this speculation helps no one & I'm sorry I mentioned it. I've mailed Barbara- so plese resume normal service.

--------------------
once known as little miss

"I don't Pretend to be an ordinary Housewife" Elizabeth Taylor

Posts: 2416 | From: London | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Mad Jay

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mad Jay     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
If I remember correctly, Kate Sporks came very close to rule sixing herself. She said she was fed up with how snopesters behaved during a certain event on the board, and she was fed up of people asking her personal questions. I think that if she stopped there, she would have rule-sixed herself. But, she did explicitly say that she isn't invoking rule six and prevented herself from being rule-sixed.

--------------------
Nico Sasha
In between my father's fields;And the citadels of the rule; Lies a no-man's land which I must cross; To find my stolen jewel.

Posts: 4912 | From: VA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Mistletoey Chloe

Icon 503 posted      Profile for Mistletoey Chloe     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Can't you say you're fed up without rule-sixing yourself, as long as you don't declare that you're out of here and not coming back?

(Fallen afoul of Rule 8, meself)

--------------------

This topic comprises 21 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  19  20  21   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages