snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » SLC Central » SLC: A Best Buy Christmas » Snopesters MIA - speak up! (Page 21)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 21 pages: 1  2  3  ...  18  19  20  21   
Author Topic: Snopesters MIA - speak up!
Ana Ng
Let There Be PCs on Earth

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ana Ng   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jaime Vargas Sanchez:
You just missed the date of the post you saw [Wink]

I registered when I lived in Barcelona as "Jaime Vargas". But after I was fired, and lost my business email, I could not retrieve the password to that account so I opened another one as "Jaime Vargas Sánchez" and let the old one die.

But but but... I seriously haven't seen you in a thread in forever!

--------------------
My great grandfather planted that tree!

Posts: 4862 | From: Brooklyn | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
RingKeeper
Markdown, the Herald Angels Sing

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RingKeeper     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I haven't seen LadyLockeout around. Is she still posting?

ETA: Nevermind. I found a post from just a couple of days ago. Guess We're just not visiting the same places.

--------------------
There are just some things a dog can't explain to a monkey.

Posts: 2529 | From: Newfoundland | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
nurple
We Three Blings

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nurple   Author's Homepage   E-mail nurple   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
LLO posted here two days ago.

ETA: Er, nevermind!

--------------------
"You better respect the Rap or the Rap won't respect you." Ledatru

Posts: 1141 | From: Chicago, IL | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
chillas
Coventry Mall Carol

Icon 1 posted      Profile for chillas     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Anyone heard from mattie? She hasn't posted since mid October.

--------------------
Come on, come on - spin a little tighter
Come on, come on - and the world's a little brighter

Posts: 5595 | From: Columbus, OH : The Soccer Capital of America | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
A Guy Named Goo
Carol of the Bills

Icon 1 posted      Profile for A Guy Named Goo   Author's Homepage   E-mail A Guy Named Goo   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm back, sort of. Not sure if I'm rejoining the board or not. Things got really bad, I have almost no use of my right arm now, and I am looking down the barrel of both surgery around Christmas time and a lawsuit against the hospital that did this to me. But I'm alive!

--------------------
“I really feel like this is part of my life's work....It's part of what I want to do with my time here....So if I can make a difference at all by talking openly about myself, I'm glad.” - Anthony Rapp, Without You, pp. 206-207

Posts: 592 | From: Kenduskeag, ME | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
daisyslegs
It Came Upon a Midnight Clearance

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daisyslegs     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
welcome back Goo... sounds like it's been interesting for you... Update us one day, k?

--------------------
~tough as nails yet nice as pie~
For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction - and sometimes a scar.
"and don't threaten anyone with your pants today!" - Frog_Feathers
daisys does Myspace

Posts: 3206 | From: Molalla, OR | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
bthyb
WiFi Christmas

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bthyb   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Goo, what happened?

--------------------
If you say you love ice cream, you better be dreaming of an orgy with Ben, Jerry, and one fine-ass chunky monkey.

-- My sister and poet extraordinaire, Joanna Hoffman

Posts: 1475 | From: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Aimee Evilpixie
Happy Xmas (Warranty Is Over)

Icon 503 posted      Profile for Aimee Evilpixie   Author's Homepage   E-mail Aimee Evilpixie   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by A Guy Named Goo:
I'm back, sort of. Not sure if I'm rejoining the board or not. Things got really bad, I have almost no use of my right arm now, and I am looking down the barrel of both surgery around Christmas time and a lawsuit against the hospital that did this to me. But I'm alive!

Holy Jesus-God-Buddha, Goo! That's a hell of a time you've had.

Good luck, and I hope you get your right arm back properly.

--------------------
Ugg want you find JESUS!

My website!

Posts: 1853 | From: Washington (The State) | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
A Guy Named Goo
Carol of the Bills

Icon 1 posted      Profile for A Guy Named Goo   Author's Homepage   E-mail A Guy Named Goo   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Thanks for welcoming me back. I am (slowly) writing a Rantidote post on the whole experience, so check there in a few and you'll get the entire story. It's a pretty ugly one.

--------------------
“I really feel like this is part of my life's work....It's part of what I want to do with my time here....So if I can make a difference at all by talking openly about myself, I'm glad.” - Anthony Rapp, Without You, pp. 206-207

Posts: 592 | From: Kenduskeag, ME | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Chia
I Saw Three Shipments

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chia   Author's Homepage   E-mail Chia   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Hey, I found myself on the missing Snopsters page!
I feel so...warm and fuzzy [Smile]
I used to be Chiajedi, but I lost access to my email account and I had some computer weirdness. So, I created a new account a while back. I'm not really missing.

--------------------
It's on, baby, like a Baptist's V-Chip! - Get Fuzzy

Posts: 101 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
WildaBeast

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WildaBeast   E-mail WildaBeast   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
What happened to Jon Up North? I remember he said he resigned from his airline job towards the beginning of the year, and that was the last I saw him. I don't recall him saying that leaving his job meant he wouldn't be able to post anymore, but maybe I just missed that part.

I appologise if he's already been covered in this thread, but you know, 21 pages... Ya know, it would be kind of nice if the search engine had a way to search within one thread. Is there a way to do that?

--------------------
"Unseasonable is an odd word to begin with. It sounds like it's describing something that it's impossible to sprinkle pepper on." -- Nonny

Posts: 5483 | From: Just south of Folsom Prison, CA | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Jenn
Layaway in a Manger

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jenn   E-mail Jenn   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by WildaBeast:
What happened to Jon Up North? I remember he said he resigned from his airline job towards the beginning of the year, and that was the last I saw him. I don't recall him saying that leaving his job meant he wouldn't be able to post anymore, but maybe I just missed that part.

I don't believe he left as much as he just doesn't have time. I've heard from him a couple times since he got the new job and he's really just extremely busy. He's doing well as far as I know, though.

quote:
I appologise if he's already been covered in this thread, but you know, 21 pages... Ya know, it would be kind of nice if the search engine had a way to search within one thread. Is there a way to do that?
I don't think so, not with the current board software. What I do in cases like this is use the browser's Find function (through the edit menu on my browser, probably Ctrl-F on a Windows machine) which lets me look for a keyword on the current page.

--------------------
"You're the opposite of troll. It's a compliment!"

Posts: 12086 | From: Alberta | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Ana Ng

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ana Ng   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
It might narrow it down to do a Google-search.

"search term site:msgboard.snopes.com"

--------------------
My great grandfather planted that tree!

Posts: 4862 | From: Brooklyn | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Rhiandmoi
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rhiandmoi   E-mail Rhiandmoi   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I used to have a ULMB searcher on my google bar. But I upgraded my firefox and it stopped working. Since I don't know how to write a firefox plugin, what I did was make a custom google search
http://google.com/coop/cse?cx=012848453068190175112%3Azhiremvw39i
and add that as a search with my DictionarySearch, so I can highlight and right click text and search for it in the ULMB.

--------------------
I think that hyperbole is the single greatest factor contributing to the decline of society. - My friend Pat.

What is .02 worth?

Posts: 8745 | From: California | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Hacker Barbie
Markdown, the Herald Angels Sing

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hacker Barbie   E-mail Hacker Barbie   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I´m alive and well, no worries. [Smile]

I now live in Germersheim, Germany and am doing my Master´s in translation.

Nice to see old and familiar faces around here.

Diana

Posts: 2351 | From: Germany | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
First of Two
The Bills of St. Mary's

Icon 1 posted      Profile for First of Two   Author's Homepage   E-mail First of Two   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by daisyslegs:
I am only posting to say that I am really glad that First is back *again*

Thanks.

I've been debating whether to say this in its own thread or not, but I've recently taken on a number of new tasks/responsibilities/missions-in-life, and so my posting is likely to be considerably more infrequest (I was going to say "erratic," but it's always been that) than it had been. I used to be a daily, I may slide to weekly or more. We'll see. I may make up for what I lose in frequency with corresponding gains in flammability. [Wink]

--------------------
"Liberalism is a philosophy of consolation for western civilization as it commits suicide." - Jerry Pournelle

Posts: 14567 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Astra
The "Was on Sale" Song

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Astra     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Hacker Barbie:
I´m alive and well, no worries. [Smile]

I now live in Germersheim, Germany and am doing my Master´s in translation.

Nice to see old and familiar faces around here.

Diana

Gah! Good to see you!
/tacklehug

--------------------
This has been yet another... USELESS POST.

Posts: 6105 | From: Mississippi | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Bettie Page Turner
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bettie Page Turner   E-mail Bettie Page Turner   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Sorry to bump an old thread, but heck, the title says speak up. I'm still alive, Zabia, and anyone else who's been wondering. Just wrapped up a run of "A Christmas Story" (I played Mother) and the computer time has been extremely limited. I actually tried to sign on the other day, after weeks of snopes withdrawal, only to see the dreaded "closed for maintenance" message. Gah!

--------------------
You fail to consider, for such is the tyranny of fashion, that the swan is not a slim animal... -Jincy Kornhauser, Melinda Falling

Posts: 1762 | From: Charleston, West Virginia | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Canuckistan
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 99 posted      Profile for Canuckistan   E-mail Canuckistan   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Welcome back! We missed ya, Bettie! [Smile]

--------------------
People need to stop appropriating Jesus as their reason for behaving badly. It's so irritating. (Avril)

Posts: 8429 | From: New York run by the Swiss (Toronto) | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
paisley claus
We Three Blings

Icon 1 posted      Profile for paisley claus     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm doubting anyone missed me or even noticed, but I thought I'd pop in. Usually I post while at work, but this month has just been crazy busy! There was a stretch of a few weeks where I didn't even have time to read the boards, let alone post.

I'm not saying I'll definitely be around a lot again, but I registered for the new board and I will hopefully find more time to visit [Smile] I miss it!

--------------------
"Oh, now we're going to start judging each other on things we've done?? Real fair!"

Posts: 1114 | From: Cincinnati, OH | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
  This topic comprises 21 pages: 1  2  3  ...  18  19  20  21   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages