snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » SLC Central » SLC: A Best Buy Christmas » Snopesters MIA - speak up! (Page 20)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 21 pages: 1  2  3  ...  17  18  19  20  21   
Author Topic: Snopesters MIA - speak up!
Signora Del Drago
Angels Wii Have Heard on High

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Signora Del Drago     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Me, too, about Senior. He was one of the first people I "met" here and was very nice to me. His posts were usually very well-written and informative. But, if he was going to play games like that, then we are better off without him in the long run. [Frown]

--------------------
"This air we're breathing. Oxygen, isn't it?"~I’mNotDedalus, impersonating Vincent D’Onofrio.|"Sometimes trying to communicate can be like walking through a minefield."~wanderwoman
"Give people a break. It's not easy doing a life."~Joshua Halberstam

Posts: 4020 | From: Oklahoma | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
I'mNotDedalus
Happy Xmas (Warranty Is Over)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for I'mNotDedalus   Author's Homepage   E-mail I'mNotDedalus   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Aww, but if we didn't have people playin' games, our lives would be so dramaless! We love the games. And the games love us.

--------------------
The salty fragrance of L’Eau D’I’mNotDedalus - made entirely of and entirely for sea turtles.

Posts: 1983 | From: Chicagoland, IL | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Canuckistan
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 24 posted      Profile for Canuckistan   E-mail Canuckistan   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I thought that was the drugs.

--------------------
People need to stop appropriating Jesus as their reason for behaving badly. It's so irritating. (Avril)

Posts: 8429 | From: New York run by the Swiss (Toronto) | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
I'mNotDedalus

Icon 1 posted      Profile for I'mNotDedalus   Author's Homepage   E-mail I'mNotDedalus   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Drugs are more of a gray area, Canuck. Comparable to the levels of "meh" enjoyment we reap from farming and hunting "accidents."

ETA: reap instead of sow. I'm stupid! So stupid!

--------------------
The salty fragrance of L’Eau D’I’mNotDedalus - made entirely of and entirely for sea turtles.

Posts: 1983 | From: Chicagoland, IL | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
ThornyWreath
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ThornyWreath   E-mail ThornyWreath   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I was checking Dan's site, and I think I know where chinpira is. I vaguely recall something about deployment sometime back. Then again, maybe I'm delusional again [Razz]

--------------------
A little glitter can turn your whole day around.--Junie B. Jones

Engine 3:16

Posts: 1456 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Unusual Elfin Lights

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Unusual Elfin Lights   Author's Homepage   E-mail Unusual Elfin Lights   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
That's too bad about Senior. I really liked him. I remember well the Senior/Overlord battles about whether Senior served in Vietnam. I took Senior's side, but I'm doubting myself right now.

Perhaps I took his side because early in my time here at snopes someone doubted that I was in the military and it bothered me.

On another note, dofwai is someone who is now deregistered, I see.

Posts: 2064 | From: New Brunswick, Canada | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Doug4.7
Angels Wii Have Heard on High

Icon 05 posted      Profile for Doug4.7   E-mail Doug4.7   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Signora Del Drago:
Did Chimera ever make an appearance? If so, I missed it.

Any more news on her?

--------------------
And now for something completely different...

Posts: 4164 | From: Alabama | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
queen of the bah-caramels
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 05 posted      Profile for queen of the bah-caramels   E-mail queen of the bah-caramels   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Also where's Bel Air Glik/Lotta Palava??

She last posted on the slut thread in July!

--------------------
Focus On The Family- An opinion group who think more about Gay Sex than gay people do- Rick Mercer

Posts: 590 | From: Rawdon, Quebec | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
kmcm
We Three Blings

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kmcm   Author's Homepage   E-mail kmcm   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by queen of the cat-fish:

Maybe she's still on vacay?

--------------------
Of course this land is dangerous! All of the animals are capably murderous. Especially the penguins.

i'm a figment of my own imagination, sometimes i don't exist

Posts: 1099 | From: Kitsap County, WA | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Canuckistan

Icon 506 posted      Profile for Canuckistan   E-mail Canuckistan   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

She posted one more time and hasn't been seen since. She's clearly back from vacay.

Maybe the sluts got to her.

--------------------
People need to stop appropriating Jesus as their reason for behaving badly. It's so irritating. (Avril)

Posts: 8429 | From: New York run by the Swiss (Toronto) | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
quiltsbypam
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for quiltsbypam   E-mail quiltsbypam   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Canuckistan:
quote:

She posted one more time and hasn't been seen since. She's clearly back from vacay.

Maybe the sluts got to her.

Gee, we did our best.

Chimera was posting about some dangerous goings-on in her backyard with that damned trampoline. I really, really hope something bad didn't happen.

--------------------
"No Biblical hell could ever be worse than the state of perpetual inconsequence." Beatrice in Dangerous Beauty

Posts: 1816 | From: Cayuga County, NY | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
First of Two
The Bills of St. Mary's

Icon 1 posted      Profile for First of Two   Author's Homepage   E-mail First of Two   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Just so's everybody knows, I'm back. I had things I needed to do.

I'm mildly suprised at the surprise about Senior, but then, we were adversaries, and I didn't see him by that same light in the first place.

Or maybe it's this Ring of Perception +5 I've picked up. [Big Grin]

--------------------
"Liberalism is a philosophy of consolation for western civilization as it commits suicide." - Jerry Pournelle

Posts: 14567 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Astra
The "Was on Sale" Song

Icon 87 posted      Profile for Astra     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by First of Two:
Just so's everybody knows, I'm back. I had things I needed to do.

I'm mildly suprised at the surprise about Senior, but then, we were adversaries, and I didn't see him by that same light in the first place.

Or maybe it's this Ring of Perception +5 I've picked up. [Big Grin]

I hope things are going better for you. Welcome back [Smile]

--------------------
This has been yet another... USELESS POST.

Posts: 6105 | From: Mississippi | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
First of Two
The Bills of St. Mary's

Icon 1 posted      Profile for First of Two   Author's Homepage   E-mail First of Two   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Oh, I wasn't gone because of anything BAD happening. Well, not personal-life bad, anyway.

I will say that I don't have Bulba my Taurus anymore. My new car is a Lincoln Continental named "Goldie." [Wink]

First "Call me Marv" of Two (5 points, easy)

--------------------
"Liberalism is a philosophy of consolation for western civilization as it commits suicide." - Jerry Pournelle

Posts: 14567 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Astra
The "Was on Sale" Song

Icon 87 posted      Profile for Astra     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Oh, I wasn't gone because of anything BAD happening. Well, not personal-life bad, anyway.

I will say that I don't have Bulba my Taurus anymore. My new car is a Lincoln Continental named "Goldie." [Wink]

First "Call me Marv" of Two (5 points, easy)

Oh please. I had those points at "Goldie."
("Sin City," durrrrr)

--------------------

Posts: 6105 | From: Mississippi | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
First of Two
The Bills of St. Mary's

Great movie. I just saw it for the first time a little while ago. Marv rules. Too bad he had to die. I have a new role model.

And I had a really interesting discussion about whether or not Marv should be considered a "superhero."

--------------------

Astra
The "Was on Sale" Song

quote:
Great movie. I just saw it for the first time a little while ago. Marv rules. Too bad he had to die. I have a new role model.

And I had a really interesting discussion about whether or not Marv should be considered a "superhero."

If it makes you feel better, I'm pretty sure Marv will be appearing in "Sin City 2." Some of the stories used in that movie occur chronologically before the events in the first movie.

--------------------

tagurit

Icon 209 posted      Profile for tagurit   E-mail tagurit   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ThornyThornyRose:
I was checking Dan's site, and I think I know where chinpira is. I vaguely recall something about deployment sometime back. Then again, maybe I'm delusional again [Razz]

Yeah, he had bought himself a new suit, then shortly after that he was deployed, and wearing a totally different kinda suit. But, that's been ages. He should be back now. Why isn't he back?

If I had a grey hair for every internet friend I've worried over I'd be......oh wait. Nevah mind...

--------------------
Explore, enjoy and protect the planet
---
AAMAH

Posts: 8532 | From: Michigan | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
ali_marea
The "Was on Sale" Song

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ali_marea   E-mail ali_marea   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I really miss chinpira. We used to talk about movies and stuff. [Frown]

--------------------
28 days, 6 hours, 42 minutes, and 12 seconds. That is when the world will end.

Posts: 7158 | From: D.C. | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
abbubmah

Icon 1 posted      Profile for abbubmah   E-mail abbubmah   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Morrigan:
Wow. So many familiar faces, just gone. Like Megaira.

She's doing OK, we communicate from time to time.

Per Dan's list - there are some familiar names on there... made me think of some more that are gone, but it's been ages. A lot of newer folks wouldn't know them, like Fermifan, and Aeryn Sun. VAA... I wish it would come back, that was fun.

ham "olde tymer" bubba

--------------------
Fundamentally Unfundie since 1975

Posts: 7942 | From: Louisiana | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Richard W

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Richard W   E-mail Richard W   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
What about Bill? (Plain "Bill", not any of the other Bills). I was just looking at this thread and noticed that, although he posted on 30th November, his account is now disabled. Odd...
Posts: 8725 | From: Ipswich - the UK's 9th Best Place to Sleep! | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Ana Ng
Let There Be PCs on Earth

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ana Ng   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Did anyone notice that Jaime Vargas is deregistered as well? Did I miss something?

--------------------
My great grandfather planted that tree!

Posts: 4862 | From: Brooklyn | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
NeeCD
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NeeCD   E-mail NeeCD       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Jaime just posted yesterday, I thought.

ETA: Yeah, it was in the Unhijackable thread. His profile and recent posts are still active, though, so he's around.

Edited again because yesterday is not today.

--------------------
I wondered why the Frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
What does "Bookachow", "YOMANK!" and other lingo mean?

Posts: 1720 | From: Stafford Hamlet, OR | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Jaime Vargas Sanchez

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jaime Vargas Sanchez   E-mail Jaime Vargas Sanchez   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ana Ng:
Did anyone notice that Jaime Vargas is deregistered as well? Did I miss something?

You just missed the date of the post you saw [Wink]

I registered when I lived in Barcelona as "Jaime Vargas". But after I was fired, and lost my business email, I could not retrieve the password to that account so I opened another one as "Jaime Vargas Sánchez" and let the old one die.

--------------------
"Everyone has problems. They only vary in design" - Mama Duck

Posts: 4988 | From: Spain | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
DarkDan
It Came Upon a Midnight Clearance

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DarkDan   Author's Homepage   E-mail DarkDan   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Richard W:
What about Bill? (Plain "Bill", not any of the other Bills). I was just looking at this thread and noticed that, although he posted on 30th November, his account is now disabled. Odd...

Very weird... I doubt he was using a sockpuppet or anything. It can't be a board glitch though...

--------------------
Missing snopesters | snopesters Facebook group | SLC Birthdays | What does "Bookachow", "YOMANK!" and other lingo mean?
"Gonna free fall out into nothing, gonna leave this world for a while" --Tom Petty

Posts: 3698 | From: Philadelphia, PA or >Tinton Falls, NJ< | Registered: Oct 1492  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
daisyslegs

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daisyslegs     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I am only posting to say that I am really glad that First is back *again* and that the thread has occasionally been helpfull; welcome back to all that went away for awhile. I can't keep up myself with work the way it is.

DarkDan, I really like the missing page. [Big Grin] Nice

--------------------
~tough as nails yet nice as pie~
For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction - and sometimes a scar.
"and don't threaten anyone with your pants today!" - Frog_Feathers
daisys does Myspace

Posts: 3206 | From: Molalla, OR | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Zabia
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Zabia   E-mail Zabia   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
She's not MIA but can I say that I miss Bettie Page Turner. I know it is her work schedule, but I love her insight. Bettie, if you hear this, you are missed.

--------------------
We frettered around like farm animals, looking around for formulas and father figures. -Twilight Zone

Posts: 425 | From: Lynchburg, VA | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
the Virgin Marrya

Icon 1 posted      Profile for the Virgin Marrya     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I haven't heard from Talk in a few months, but last I heard, she was getting on with her life, and busy...

--------------------
Windows cannot open this file. To open this file correctly, defenestrate, then try running the file again...

Posts: 5383 | From: New Zealand | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Schpadoinkle
I'm Dreaming of a White Sale

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Schpadoinkle   E-mail Schpadoinkle   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Hey, I'm on that list!
I was Hairyfairy. Then I forgot my password, and the email addresss I'd registered with no longer existed. I tried to find a way to get it back but no luck [Frown] (Even got SO deregistered somehow when I used his account to ask how to retrieve the password in the technical forums).

I lurked for a long time, and eventually re-registered as Schpadoinkle. I'm still mostly a lurker though!

Posts: 26 | From: Adelaide, Australia | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Lainie

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lainie   E-mail Lainie   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Schpadoinkle:
Hey, I'm on that list!
I was Hairyfairy. Then I forgot my password, and the email addresss I'd registered with no longer existed. I tried to find a way to get it back but no luck [Frown] (Even got SO deregistered somehow when I used his account to ask how to retrieve the password in the technical forums).

Having an invalid email address is the problem that got me booted off, too. It was an oversight on my part, and snopes was kind enough to reactivate my account after I explained the problem. It's definitely a good idea to check your profile periodically to make sure all the information is accurate.

And if you can't get registered, you can email snopes through the main UL page. That's how I got my issues straightened out.

--------------------
How homophobic do you have to be to have penguin gaydar? - Lewis Black

Posts: 8322 | From: Columbus, OH | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Unusual Elfin Lights

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Unusual Elfin Lights   Author's Homepage   E-mail Unusual Elfin Lights   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Thinking about the participants of the past year, I realised that Gravytrain has not posted in quite a while.

He might have been banned, I'm not sure.

Posts: 2064 | From: New Brunswick, Canada | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Bach_girl

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bach_girl   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by UEL:
Thinking about the participants of the past year, I realised that Gravytrain has not posted in quite a while.

He might have been banned, I'm not sure.

He was not banned, he left on his own.

--------------------
"My Very Educated Mother Just Said Uh-oh! No...Pluto..."~ Steven Colbert

Posts: 3256 | From: Somewhere in Ohio | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
guruwan2b

Icon 1 posted      Profile for guruwan2b   Author's Homepage   E-mail guruwan2b   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
LoveJones/Ryan's Privates

Ah... I had forgotten my old friend. He was such a sweetie.

--------------------
Too much of this navel gazing and we'll disappear up our own arses.
Danvers Carew

Posts: 7465 | From: Oklahoma | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Seaboe Muffinchucker

Icon 206 posted      Profile for Seaboe Muffinchucker     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Lainie:
And if you can't get registered, you can email snopes through the main UL page.

Given snopes expressed and profound dislike for changed registrations, I'd suggest this be done by anyone who has to reregister.

Seaboe

--------------------
Education is not the filling of a hard drive, but the lighting of a bulb. -- Yeats via Esprise Me

Posts: 5562 | From: Seattle, WA | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Astra
The "Was on Sale" Song

quote:
Originally posted by guruwan2b:
LoveJones/Ryan's Privates

Ah... I had forgotten my old friend. He was such a sweetie.

He used to crack me up on a daily basis, along with rossdawg.

--------------------

This topic comprises 21 pages: 1  2  3  ...  17  18  19  20  21   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages