snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » SLC Central » SLC: A Best Buy Christmas » Snopesters MIA - speak up! (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 21 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  19  20  21   
Author Topic: Snopesters MIA - speak up!
Four Kitties
Layaway in a Manger

Icon 503 posted      Profile for Four Kitties   E-mail Four Kitties   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I assume Island Manta is just busy, but I miss her!

Four Kitties

--------------------
If swimming is so good for your figure, how do you explain whales?

Posts: 13275 | From: Kindergarten World, Massachusetts | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
WildaBeast
Let There Be PCs on Earth

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WildaBeast   E-mail WildaBeast   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Johnny Slick disappeared for a while, then popped in again to say where he's been, then seems to have disappeared again.

Others have already mentioned tagurit and Moose, but I miss them too.

--------------------
"Unseasonable is an odd word to begin with. It sounds like it's describing something that it's impossible to sprinkle pepper on." -- Nonny

Posts: 5483 | From: Just south of Folsom Prison, CA | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Ana Ng

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ana Ng   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Has anyone else noticed Megaira missing?

Ana

--------------------
My great grandfather planted that tree!

Posts: 4862 | From: Brooklyn | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
daisyslegs
It Came Upon a Midnight Clearance

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daisyslegs     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm still around, just lying low I guess...

Still here, but not saying much. [Smile] I guess I'm just depresed from not working. Serves me right for posting so happily when I managed to get layed off. I feel honored to be missed!

--------------------
~tough as nails yet nice as pie~
For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction - and sometimes a scar.
"and don't threaten anyone with your pants today!" - Frog_Feathers
daisys does Myspace

Posts: 3206 | From: Molalla, OR | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Minstrel gone caroling

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Minstrel gone caroling   Author's Homepage   E-mail Minstrel gone caroling   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Posting cheers a person up, Daisys. I can testify to that. Good to see you're still around! [Smile]

--------------------
Last year's goat was burned down by vandals dressed up as Santa Claus and the Gingerbread Man. They were never caught.
My blog. The Adventures of the Fish O'Thwacking.
Countdown: 177 days (or less!)

Posts: 4926 | From: NW Ohio | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Magdalene
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Magdalene   E-mail Magdalene   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ana Ng:
Has anyone else noticed Megaira missing?

Ana

Yes, I have--in fact, I PM'd her recently to let her know I was (and still am) likely to be moving in just around the corner from her. She hasn't read it, so I'm wondering....

Magdalene

--------------------
"Don't mess with me. I dance with swords."

Posts: 1656 | From: Colorado | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
ali_marea
The "Was on Sale" Song

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ali_marea   E-mail ali_marea   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Meg pops in from time to time. I think she just got busy with some other things. She hasn't gone for good, though, as far as I know.

I miss her too, though. [Frown]

--------------------
28 days, 6 hours, 42 minutes, and 12 seconds. That is when the world will end.

Posts: 7158 | From: D.C. | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
LtColCarter
Raiders of the Lost Shark

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LtColCarter     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Wow, it's sure nice to be missed! I've been back for quite a while now, but never saw this thread. Awww, you guys!

[Big Grin]

--------------------
Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength; loving someone deeply gives you courage. Lao Tzu

Posts: 1544 | From: Northern California | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
callee

Icon 1 posted      Profile for callee         Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Not to highjack, but threads like these always get me wondering -- and I am sorry for being morbid -- but seriously, if someone was killed in a car accident or something, how on earth would we know?

--------------------
a moment for old friends now estranged, victims of the flux of alliances and changing perceptions. There was something there once, and that something is worth honoring as well. - John Carroll

Posts: 3375 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Unusual Elfin Lights
Happy Xmas (Warranty Is Over)

Icon 84 posted      Profile for Unusual Elfin Lights   Author's Homepage   E-mail Unusual Elfin Lights   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I have also wondered something. I went to Afghanistan and was absent from the boards for about 8 months and my profile dried up and disappeared. I see some people who have potentially been banninated (names withheld...for the moment) for violations, and their profiles are still active.

Is there some "rule of thumb" for the length a profile would remain active if not accessed?

Just curious.

Posts: 2064 | From: New Brunswick, Canada | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Jenn
Layaway in a Manger

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jenn   E-mail Jenn   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by callee:
Not to highjack, but threads like these always get me wondering -- and I am sorry for being morbid -- but seriously, if someone was killed in a car accident or something, how on earth would we know?

I've made arrangements for that, actually. If something happens to me, my SO will contact certain people to spread the news. I haven't made plans for if something happens to both of us, but I'm fairlly certain my co-worker (who knows about snopes.com and reads the message board sometimes) would think to pass on the news.

If I ever get around to getting some official "if I die" paperwork, I'm going to have a list of people to contact so everyone I know online will find out.

--------------------
"You're the opposite of troll. It's a compliment!"

Posts: 12086 | From: Alberta | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
FuzzDuckie
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FuzzDuckie     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I happen to have a list of my online accounts etc with passwords (on a floppy mind you...no sense in getthing that phished off my hard drive...). One of these days I need to do a overhaul of my will-read: rewrite the damned thing since I no longer own half of what's in the old one....and actually have 0 money unless you count my pittance of an IRA...

Anyway to the point- I did the list partly because in case I die or whatever...whoever clears out my computer stuff can go around and deactivate all of my accounts. I originally did the list to remember what jobsites I had so I could change resume statuses....

--------------------
Clever Waste of Time Invasion IV
An unique Riddle adventure.
PM me for more info. I'm on Brain Candy.
Purple Hell- Riddle Tools

Posts: 1551 | From: Georgia | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
After All
The First USA Noel

Icon 97 posted      Profile for After All   E-mail After All   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ElphabaFaye:
AfterAll disappeared very shortly before her scheduled C-section. I'm hoping the new baby is just keeping her VERY busy and she's allright.

Here I am, doing just fine. Here's what has been keeping me busy [Smile] . Thanks for wondering about me.
 -

--------------------
The trash heap has spoken! NYAAAHHH

Posts: 689 | From: Arkansas | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Algae

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Algae   Author's Homepage   E-mail Algae   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Oh, wook at de baby! What a cutie!

Congrats, After_all!

--------------------
Alcohol and calculus don't mix. Don't drink and derive!

Posts: 1957 | From: Southeast Michigan | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
After All
The First USA Noel

Icon 97 posted      Profile for After All   E-mail After All   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Algae in the sun:
Oh, wook at de baby! What a cutie!

Congrats, After_all!

Thanks! [Smile]

--------------------
The trash heap has spoken! NYAAAHHH

Posts: 689 | From: Arkansas | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Remarkgullabull

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Remarkgullabull     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Whatever happened to I bent my Wookie???

--------------------
Love does not consist of gazing at each other, but in looking together in the same direction - Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Posts: 1961 | From: California | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Mistletoey Chloe
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 503 posted      Profile for Mistletoey Chloe     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Christie:
Up til few days ago I was also wondering what happened to Chloe but I noticed a couple of posts so she's still out there. The nerve of some people having a life outside snopes [Big Grin]

Yeah, and who was the only person to PM me from concern? Sensitive liberal cohorts? Nope. Wintermute. Anyway, I don't have a life. I'm just in Mississippi. [Big Grin]

--------------------
~~Ai am in mai prrrrrraime!~~

Posts: 10111 | From: Oklahoma | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
FaithHopeLOVE
The Red and the Green Stamps

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I've seen someone with the screenname MsStressa post on Fark fairly recently. Seems like it was a Photoshop thread. Same person? Dunno.

Faith "the missing lynx" Love

IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
STF

Icon 1 posted      Profile for STF   Author's Homepage   E-mail STF   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Remarkgullabull:
Whatever happened to I bent my Wookie???

I used to PM her. She was cool. I think she got tied up with school to begin with. I don't know about now. We were bothing stressing our way through the last semester.

--------------------
STF on MySpace

Posts: 5186 | From: Coweta County, GA | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 82 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Is there some "rule of thumb" for the length a profile would remain active if not accessed?
Generally, I delete acccounts which have recorded no activity (i.e., logins or posts) within the previous year. I also delete new accounts after three months if they have not yet been used. (About half the successful message board registrants never even log in to their accounts.)

- snopes

Posts: 36029 | From: Admin | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Bug Muldoon
The "Was on Sale" Song

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bug Muldoon   E-mail Bug Muldoon   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Yeah, and who was the only person to PM me from concern? Sensitive liberal cohorts? Nope. Wintermute.
Awww [Big Grin]

AfterAll : that picture is just adorable.

--------------------
All along the untrodden paths of the future, I can see the footprints of an unseen hand.

Posts: 6912 | From: Flanders | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Minstrel gone caroling

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Minstrel gone caroling   Author's Homepage   E-mail Minstrel gone caroling   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Chloe:
quote:
Originally posted by Christie:
Up til few days ago I was also wondering what happened to Chloe but I noticed a couple of posts so she's still out there. The nerve of some people having a life outside snopes [Big Grin]

Yeah, and who was the only person to PM me from concern? Sensitive liberal cohorts? Nope. Wintermute. Anyway, I don't have a life. I'm just in Mississippi. [Big Grin]
[lol] "Hold your friends close and your enemies closer."

--------------------
Last year's goat was burned down by vandals dressed up as Santa Claus and the Gingerbread Man. They were never caught.
My blog. The Adventures of the Fish O'Thwacking.
Countdown: 177 days (or less!)

Posts: 4926 | From: NW Ohio | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Wintermute
Angels Wii Have Heard on High

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wintermute     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Chloe:
Wintermute.

Just goes to show who really cares about you [Wink]
Posts: 4580 | From: Walnut Creek, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
DarkDan

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DarkDan   Author's Homepage   E-mail DarkDan   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by FaithHopeLOVE:
I've seen someone with the screenname MsStressa post on Fark fairly recently. Seems like it was a Photoshop thread. Same person? Dunno.

Yeah, it's her. She mentioned to me that she saw my site on TotalFark once.

--------------------
Missing snopesters | snopesters Facebook group | SLC Birthdays | What does "Bookachow", "YOMANK!" and other lingo mean?
"Gonna free fall out into nothing, gonna leave this world for a while" --Tom Petty

Posts: 3698 | From: Philadelphia, PA or >Tinton Falls, NJ< | Registered: Oct 1492  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Barns & No Bull

Icon 218 posted      Profile for Barns & No Bull     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Four Kitties:

Add me to the "missing hambubba" list, as well.

P'shaw. As far as I can tell, hambubba is alive and well and regularly posting on snopes.

Paul Unwin fell into a black hole.

--------------------
Terrified, mortified, petrified, stupefied... by you!

Posts: 3157 | From: Illinois | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
WildaBeast

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WildaBeast   E-mail WildaBeast   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Barns & No Bull:
quote:
Originally posted by Four Kitties:

Add me to the "missing hambubba" list, as well.

P'shaw. As far as I can tell, hambubba is alive and well and regularly posting on snopes.

He is now. He took a break for a while and just recently returned.

--------------------
"Unseasonable is an odd word to begin with. It sounds like it's describing something that it's impossible to sprinkle pepper on." -- Nonny

Posts: 5483 | From: Just south of Folsom Prison, CA | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Nonny Mouse, on Santa's laptop
Once in Royal Circuit City

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nonny Mouse, on Santa's laptop   Author's Homepage   E-mail Nonny Mouse, on Santa's laptop   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by After All:
quote:
Originally posted by ElphabaFaye:
AfterAll disappeared very shortly before her scheduled C-section. I'm hoping the new baby is just keeping her VERY busy and she's allright.

Here I am, doing just fine. Here's what has been keeping me busy [Smile] . Thanks for wondering about me.
*pic snipped*

What an adorable little baby! And big sister is quite a lovely child herself.

Nonny

--------------------
When there isn't anything else worth analyzing, we examine our collective navel. I found thirty-six cents in change in mine the other day. Let no one say that there is no profit in philosophy. -- Silas Sparkhammer

Posts: 10141 | From: Toronto, Ontario | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
IrateDwarf
Asparagus Spears

Icon 1 posted      Profile for IrateDwarf   E-mail IrateDwarf   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
And where the hell has IrateDwarf been?
Posts: 2171.14159 | From: Michigan | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
ali_marea
The "Was on Sale" Song

Icon 99 posted      Profile for ali_marea   E-mail ali_marea   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by IrateDwarf:

*tacklehug* ID! You know, you must have been reading my mind! I was just thinking "Huh, I ought to go back to that thread...I wonder where ID is..." [Big Grin]

Hope this means you'll be posting more... *grin*

--------------------
28 days, 6 hours, 42 minutes, and 12 seconds. That is when the world will end.

Posts: 7158 | From: D.C. | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Nonny Mouse, on Santa's laptop
Once in Royal Circuit City

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nonny Mouse, on Santa's laptop   Author's Homepage   E-mail Nonny Mouse, on Santa's laptop   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ali_marea:
quote:
Originally posted by IrateDwarf:

*tacklehug* ID! You know, you must have been reading my mind! I was just thinking "Huh, I ought to go back to that thread...I wonder where ID is..." [Big Grin]

Hope this means you'll be posting more... *grin*

Welcome back to the fold, O Intelligently Designed Ink Drawing of an Invisible Duck!

Nonny

--------------------
When there isn't anything else worth analyzing, we examine our collective navel. I found thirty-six cents in change in mine the other day. Let no one say that there is no profit in philosophy. -- Silas Sparkhammer

Posts: 10141 | From: Toronto, Ontario | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
LizzyJingleBells

Icon 05 posted      Profile for LizzyJingleBells   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
What about DizzyLizard? I haven't seen her post for ages.

--------------------
Come on, come on, we were once upon a time in love
If the only prayer you say in your life is thank you, that would suffice. - Meister Eckhart My Blog

Posts: 7725 | From: Columbus, Ohio | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Spam & Cookies-mmm

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spam & Cookies-mmm   E-mail Spam & Cookies-mmm   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
or Eaglesight.

--------------------
Did you see the Announcement?
There's a new snopes message board!

Posts: 7767 | From: Paradise Ceded | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
moonlight
Little Sales Drummer Boy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for moonlight   E-mail moonlight   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I was gone for a while but I'm sure nobody noticed.

What about Lackwit? Haven't seen him in a while.

--------------------
I'm back to lurking.

Posts: 2709 | From: Illinois | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
megaira
The Red and the Green Stamps

Icon 302 posted            Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ali_marea:
Meg pops in from time to time. I think she just got busy with some other things. She hasn't gone for good, though, as far as I know.

I miss her too, though. [Frown]

Aww. [Frown] Thanks... and I just saw your PM Mags, welcome to the neighborhood. [Smile]

I bailed, actually, when the new "register your name or we shall eliminate you!" message popped up ([homer]"Augh! Boogeyman!"[/homer]) - but hmm, well, Hotel California comes to mind. lol

And, it happened that I'd missed the part where I only needed my first name, not both, etc. That was more tolorable to me, though I'm still not keen on the whole idea, really, but eh.

I have been busy though... in a roundabout way (*cough*unlike Ali's "gettin busy"*cough*). I realized I was spending way too much time heatedly debating crap that really meant a whole lot of nothing in the grand scheme of things... my internet gerbil wheel/soap opera, so to speak...so most of the boards I posted to are long gone. I'm still hooked up to an Evercrack IV, though, and on days it's nice and not death valley hot or about to dump rain, out riding. [Smile]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Mama Duck

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mama Duck     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Meg! So glad you decided to come back. Don't be such a stranger from now on.

--------------------
There is no interpersonal problem so big that it can't be solved with a suitably large amount of high explosives. ~ Bufungla

Posts: 3562 | From: South Texas | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
  This topic comprises 21 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  19  20  21   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages