snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » SLC Central » SLC: A Best Buy Christmas » Snopesters MIA - speak up! (Page 17)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 21 pages: 1  2  3  ...  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21   
Author Topic: Snopesters MIA - speak up!
Signora Del Drago
Angels Wii Have Heard on High

Icon 27 posted      Profile for Signora Del Drago     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Okay, Miss Snowy, enough is enough! First, you have me believing everything you say, causing me to look up non-words like "mismoronciation," [Roll Eyes] then you gloat by saying "Then my work here is done." Well, apparently it wasn't done, because now you are controlling my thoughts. [Eek!] Or else, I'm controlling yours. ::maniacal laughter::

I thought of Chimera last night, so I just did a search, and her last post was 9/10. The previous one was 8/28. It hasn't been a month, yet, but she usually didn't go that long between posts. Hope nothing is wrong.

--------------------
"This air we're breathing. Oxygen, isn't it?"~I’mNotDedalus, impersonating Vincent D’Onofrio.|"Sometimes trying to communicate can be like walking through a minefield."~wanderwoman
"Give people a break. It's not easy doing a life."~Joshua Halberstam

Posts: 4020 | From: Oklahoma | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
I'mNotDedalus
Happy Xmas (Warranty Is Over)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for I'mNotDedalus   Author's Homepage   E-mail I'mNotDedalus   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Gah! I've got to go. Keys! Where the hell are my keys! Er, I mean where the hell are Em Dash 'n Lilybet!

--------------------
The salty fragrance of L’Eau D’I’mNotDedalus - made entirely of and entirely for sea turtles.

Posts: 1983 | From: Chicagoland, IL | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Gale
Let There Be PCs on Earth

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gale     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
miz bet can't log on from work, and I think everything is a little hectic right now. We need to have an Austin beer social sometimes soon. Kev?
Posts: 4811 | From: Austin, TX | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Sue Bee
Happy Holly Days

Icon 102 posted      Profile for Sue Bee     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Zachary Fizz:
What has become of Aptonedytes Forsteriis? I haven't seen him about for a while.

And Pogue Mahone remains missing. I hope he's okay.

Pogue just posted over in Amusement Bark.
Posts: 1596 | From: Illinois | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Canuckistan
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 102 posted      Profile for Canuckistan   E-mail Canuckistan   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
And in this thread, on the previous page.

--------------------
People need to stop appropriating Jesus as their reason for behaving badly. It's so irritating. (Avril)

Posts: 8429 | From: New York run by the Swiss (Toronto) | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Four Kitties
Layaway in a Manger

Icon 503 posted      Profile for Four Kitties   E-mail Four Kitties   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Haven't seen Rehcsif Mit in a while.

Tim? You out there?

Four Kitties

--------------------
If swimming is so good for your figure, how do you explain whales?

Posts: 13275 | From: Kindergarten World, Massachusetts | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Sue Bee
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sue Bee     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Canuckistan:
And in this thread, on the previous page.

Damn. Weird. Page. Cache. Thing. Happening.

And CTRL refresh does not clear it either.

Posts: 1596 | From: Illinois | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Roadie
Little Sales Drummer Boy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Roadie     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Anyone heard from Jon Up North? He's been quiet lately.

--------------------
"The little local company I buy from has CHEAP shipping and I have met their goats." (snapdragonfly)

"And that's one lost erection I'll never get back! You hear me Dan! I'm owed an erection!" (I'mNotDedalus)

Posts: 2658 | From: California | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
diehard
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for diehard     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Is it just me or has Yee-Mum been out for a while? I haven't seen her on, I am making a snopes call for Yee-Mum are you out there some where?!?

ETA Found out she was just logged in on the 26 of Sept sorry.

--------------------
Daddy "You are my "Special Angel" 1942-1999"

Posts: 440 | From: Greensburg, Pennsylvania | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
NeeCD
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NeeCD   E-mail NeeCD       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
diehard, she posted a while back that she was no longer allowed to surf while at work, and so wouldn't be around as much. As you noticed, she finds her way back from time to time. [Smile]

--------------------
I wondered why the Frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
What does "Bookachow", "YOMANK!" and other lingo mean?

Posts: 1720 | From: Stafford Hamlet, OR | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Adelaide
Remembrances of Things Bass

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Adelaide   E-mail Adelaide   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Four Kitties:
Haven't seen Rehcsif Mit in a while.
Tim? You out there?

Just noticed him over in Photo Gallery.

--------------------
Natural selection is a beguiling counterfeiter of deliberate purpose. - Richard Dawkins

Posts: 620 | From: Alaska | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Four Kitties
Layaway in a Manger

Icon 503 posted      Profile for Four Kitties   E-mail Four Kitties   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Thanks!

--------------------
If swimming is so good for your figure, how do you explain whales?

Posts: 13275 | From: Kindergarten World, Massachusetts | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
daisyslegs
It Came Upon a Midnight Clearance

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daisyslegs     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
hummmm... anyone seen Mrs. HiC lately?

--------------------
~tough as nails yet nice as pie~
For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction - and sometimes a scar.
"and don't threaten anyone with your pants today!" - Frog_Feathers
daisys does Myspace

Posts: 3206 | From: Molalla, OR | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
I'mNotDedalus

Icon 1 posted      Profile for I'mNotDedalus   Author's Homepage   E-mail I'mNotDedalus   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Em Dash! Why have you forsaken us! (I would've especially liked to read her arguments in the Jack Straw thread)

--------------------
The salty fragrance of L’Eau D’I’mNotDedalus - made entirely of and entirely for sea turtles.

Posts: 1983 | From: Chicagoland, IL | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Dogwater
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dogwater   E-mail Dogwater   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by DesertRat:
Yeah, where the heck is Dogwater?

Here! Not a lot of time for personal stuff lately these last few months. Anyone up for a long-winded explanation?...too bad, here it comes [Smile]

After selling off the small cafes we owned i was helping a friend with his business operations in his small publishing company. Always one for the world of restaurants, food and booze, I went in with my buddy knowing it would be temporary 'till I found my next calling. I did and now work as a field rep for a quick-service franchise. -- Best of all worlds: I get to bluster away at the hapless store owners with my 20-odd years of experience and help them eak out a few extra dollars. Then, while they worry over P&L, employees and equipment failure, work weekends and holidays, I go home and shudder remembering the years and years that I did that myself.

Anyway, the new job actually takes up a lot of time.

To top that off, we have a new one who's 5 months old today. Right after he was born, it became obvious that my MIL couldn't live on her own anymore -- alzheimer's. Wonderful, wonderful, terrific -- did I mention wonderful?-- Wifey left her job to care for Mom, on top of Baby Boy, Lil' Girly and Boy-o (whose 11 so in school most of the day).

Anyway, I've been spending time getting MIL's house ready to sell--think "Crazy Cat Lady" house. We do feel a bit ashamed that we let her live in that condition for so long, but it had to get to a point that she capitulated to living with us. It would take a lot more of this page, and put off a lot more Snopsters if I went into the BIL/MIL blow-out as well.

Anyway, the house is thisclose to ready so maybe I can get back here more. The cool thing is, after all this settles, Wifey and I can feel smug about being great people [lol]

--------------------
As God is my witness, I thought turkeys could fly.

Posts: 1679 | From: Illinois | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
DesertRat
It Came Upon a Midnight Clearance

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DesertRat     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Welcome back, Dogwater! [Smile] Sounds like a busy few months indeed... drop me an e-mail when you can.

--------------------
High on the wind, the Highland drums begin to roll, and something from the past just comes and stares into my soul... --Mark Knopfler

Posts: 3402 | From: New Bern, NC | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
frogpond
Jingle Sales

Icon 1 posted      Profile for frogpond   E-mail frogpond   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I've just realized I haven't seen anything from Robbiev in a while.

--------------------
So many books, so little time.

Posts: 1192 | From: McDonough, Georgia | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
NocturnalGoddess- naughty or nice?
Carol of the Dells

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NocturnalGoddess- naughty or nice?     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
It just occured to me the other day that I never come here anymore

--------------------
"I saw weird stuff in that place last night. Weird, strange, sick, twisted, eerie, godless, EVIL stuff... and I want in."- Homer Simpson

Posts: 2161 | From: Delaware | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Canuckistan

Icon 99 posted      Profile for Canuckistan   E-mail Canuckistan   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
And you noticed yourself missing? [Razz]

Glad you're back. Don't be such a stranger now, NG.

--------------------
People need to stop appropriating Jesus as their reason for behaving badly. It's so irritating. (Avril)

Posts: 8429 | From: New York run by the Swiss (Toronto) | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
NocturnalGoddess- naughty or nice?
Carol of the Dells

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NocturnalGoddess- naughty or nice?     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Canuckistan:
And you noticed yourself missing? [Razz]

Glad you're back. Don't be such a stranger now, NG.

[ insert lame joke about finding myself here ]

--------------------
"I saw weird stuff in that place last night. Weird, strange, sick, twisted, eerie, godless, EVIL stuff... and I want in."- Homer Simpson

Posts: 2161 | From: Delaware | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
YeeMum

Icon 1 posted      Profile for YeeMum   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Wow I was missed--
NeeCD was correct with the evil boss thingy (Signora has a really good name for him)[you will have to ask her]
I try but I can't get too involved in discussions since it may be days and pages before I get to return to the fray-

--------------------
Contact me for discounts
Charter member WNDMDC
"I am putting you on hold now.Listen to the elevator music and LIKE it."~My 'J'

Posts: 1816 | From: NE, Oregon | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
BelleMorte
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BelleMorte   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Erica is now known as BelleMorte if anyone was wondering.

--------------------
"Cheating Hall Of Shame"-in honor of the dishonest.
Every driver, owner and crew chief has a place in our Hall, which won't be moving to Daytona Beach anytime soon. Lone exception? Kyle Petty, who hasn't won a race since 1754.

Posts: 545 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Signora Del Drago

Icon 206 posted      Profile for Signora Del Drago     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Hi, BelleMorte. Glad to know your new name.

Has anyone heard from Squoval? His last post was 9/29.

Did Chimera ever make an appearance? If so, I missed it.

--------------------
"This air we're breathing. Oxygen, isn't it?"~I’mNotDedalus, impersonating Vincent D’Onofrio.|"Sometimes trying to communicate can be like walking through a minefield."~wanderwoman

Posts: 4020 | From: Oklahoma | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Aptenodytes_Forsteriis
We Wish You a Merry Giftmas

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aptenodytes_Forsteriis     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sue Bee:
quote:
What has become of Aptonedytes Forsteriis? I haven't seen him about for a while.

I'm alive, well, and very over worked lately. I was spending too much time on the board and then having to work very late and on weekends to make up the lost time so I walked away for a while. When things slow down here I'll be a more frequent visitor.

--------------------
'Hello, assorted humanoid strangers. You are standing casually in our forest. This bewilders us.' Blatherskite

Posts: 950 | From: Cincinnati, Ohio | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Zachary Fizz
Markdown, the Herald Angels Sing

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Zachary Fizz     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Aptenodytes_Forsteriis:
I'm alive, well, and very over worked lately. I was spending too much time on the board and then having to work very late and on weekends to make up the lost time so I walked away for a while. When things slow down here I'll be a more frequent visitor. [/QB]

Great to hear from you, A-F [Smile] I hope you'll be able to post more soon.
Posts: 2370 | From: Arabia | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
NeeCD
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NeeCD   E-mail NeeCD       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Anyone know anything about Senior? He posted a lot in May, and several times in July, but nothing since then.

--------------------

Posts: 1720 | From: Stafford Hamlet, OR | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 13 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Senior (for reasons known only unto him) decided to abandon his existing account and start posting from a second account he obtained under a fictitious name. All his incarnations have thus been banished from this board.

- snopes

Posts: 36029 | From: Admin | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Bug Muldoon
The "Was on Sale" Song

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bug Muldoon   E-mail Bug Muldoon   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Four days have passed and Ciara hasn't read the PM [Frown]

Has anyone else heard anything from her?

--------------------
All along the untrodden paths of the future, I can see the footprints of an unseen hand.

Posts: 6912 | From: Flanders | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
NeeCD
Happy Holly Days

Thanks for the answer, snopes. What a shame he decided to go that route, he seemed to be a good guy.

--------------------

Mistletoey Chloe

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mistletoey Chloe     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Oh, that's a shame.

I rather like that snopes has the power to ban people "in all their incarnations," though.

--------------------
~~Ai am in mai prrrrrraime!~~

Posts: 10111 | From: Oklahoma | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Christie
The Bills of St. Mary's

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Christie     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Has Lainie posted lately? I miss her [Frown] .

--------------------
If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs, it's just possible you haven't grasped the situation. - Jean Kerr

Posts: 18428 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
glass papaya
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glass papaya   E-mail glass papaya   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I sent Lainie a PM about a week ago. All is well with her, but she is temporarily out.
Posts: 544 | From: Onalaska, WI | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
wanderwoman
Bluetooth Christmas

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wanderwoman   E-mail wanderwoman   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Aptenodytes_Forsteriis:
quote:
Originally posted by Sue Bee:
quote:

I'm alive, well, and very over worked lately. I was spending too much time on the board and then having to work very late and on weekends to make up the lost time so I walked away for a while. When things slow down here I'll be a more frequent visitor.
Too much time on the board? What does this mean, this "too much time on the board"? [Big Grin]

Glad to see you're still around, I've missed your posts. Hope things slow down soon.

--------------------
"But I'm adding this to my reasons why I never really liked really good looking men much. Sheesh, what good is good looking if you have to stuff a sock in his mouth." - Sara at home
NFBSK, IIRC and other mysterious Snopester language

Posts: 851 | From: Indiana | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Signora Del Drago

Icon 206 posted      Profile for Signora Del Drago     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
First of Two?

Dr. Winston O'Boogie?

I was glad to hear Lainie is okay!

--------------------

RangerDog

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RangerDog   E-mail RangerDog   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I second Robbyv. Wierd about Senior, oh well.

Ranger "hopefully keeping my incarnation intact" Dog

--------------------
Give a man a fish, and you'll feed him for a day; give him a religion, and he'll starve to death while praying for a fish

Posts: 2036 | From: Virginia | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
  This topic comprises 21 pages: 1  2  3  ...  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages