snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » SLC Central » SLC: A Best Buy Christmas » Snopesters MIA - speak up! (Page 12)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 21 pages: 1  2  3  ...  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  ...  19  20  21   
Author Topic: Snopesters MIA - speak up!
Vesta
We Three Blings

Icon 208 posted      Profile for Vesta   E-mail Vesta   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Four Kitties:
VESTA!*tacklehugs*

Missed ya, babe!

*tacklehugs Four Kitties right back* I missed you guys too.

I see you've been hanging out here so much they gave you a key. [Wink] How is Julia Kitten doing? And Catnip? I always think of you guys whenever I see something from boston.

Speaking of Boston, is Demonwolf still here? How about Dogwater?

Vesta

Edited because it's still early here.

--------------------
Innocence, on the Bicycle of Propriety, carrying the Urn of Reputation safely over the Abyss of Indiscretion.

Posts: 1170 | From: Tucson, AZ | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Canuckistan
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 102 posted      Profile for Canuckistan   E-mail Canuckistan   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Both still here, both still active. You're in luck.

--------------------
People need to stop appropriating Jesus as their reason for behaving badly. It's so irritating. (Avril)

Posts: 8429 | From: New York run by the Swiss (Toronto) | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Mosherette
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mosherette     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I've been wondering for a few days now, and getting worried. Where the hell is trollface?

--------------------
Silence should never under any circumstances be construed as agreement. A lot of the time, it's simply a reflection that someone just said something so stupid that no response could possibly do it justice. - Ramblin' Dave

Posts: 8528 | From: Nottingham, England | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
ali_marea
The "Was on Sale" Song

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ali_marea   E-mail ali_marea   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Ya know, Mosh, I've been wondering that too. I thought maybe he'd been posting in the sections where I tend not to post as much. [Frown]

--------------------
28 days, 6 hours, 42 minutes, and 12 seconds. That is when the world will end.

Posts: 7158 | From: D.C. | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Roadie
Little Sales Drummer Boy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Roadie     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
So, anyone seen Salamander?

--------------------
"The little local company I buy from has CHEAP shipping and I have met their goats." (snapdragonfly)

"And that's one lost erection I'll never get back! You hear me Dan! I'm owed an erection!" (I'mNotDedalus)

Posts: 2658 | From: California | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
RingKeeper
Markdown, the Herald Angels Sing

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RingKeeper     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mosherette:
I've been wondering for a few days now, and getting worried. Where the hell is trollface?

I've been wondering about him too. I haven't seen him post in ages. I hope everything is OK.

--------------------
There are just some things a dog can't explain to a monkey.

Posts: 2529 | From: Newfoundland | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Canuckistan

Icon 303 posted      Profile for Canuckistan   E-mail Canuckistan   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Roadie:
So, anyone seen Salamander?

Where Sal is, in his own words.

--------------------
People need to stop appropriating Jesus as their reason for behaving badly. It's so irritating. (Avril)

Posts: 8429 | From: New York run by the Swiss (Toronto) | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Squoval
It Came Upon a Midnight Clearance

Icon 82 posted      Profile for Squoval   Author's Homepage   E-mail Squoval   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
No one missed me?
ETA: [Razz]

--------------------
I can't believe it's not Square!

Posts: 3147 | From: W-S, North Carolina | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Roadie
Little Sales Drummer Boy

Icon 202 posted      Profile for Roadie     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
So, Canuck, are you saying "Duh, Roadie, read the thread!"? Cuz if you are, then [Razz]

--------------------
"The little local company I buy from has CHEAP shipping and I have met their goats." (snapdragonfly)

"And that's one lost erection I'll never get back! You hear me Dan! I'm owed an erection!" (I'mNotDedalus)

Posts: 2658 | From: California | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Canuckistan

Icon 506 posted      Profile for Canuckistan   E-mail Canuckistan   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
That's the last time I try helping you, Roadie. Next time, I'll just say, "Duh, Roadie, read the thread!" [Razz]

--------------------

Signora Del Drago
Angels Wii Have Heard on High

Icon 206 posted      Profile for Signora Del Drago     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Salamander last posted here, but trollface hasn't posted in 3+ weeks.

Yes, Bill D(ear), several of us missed you. We mentioned that in another thread, silly boy!

--------------------
"This air we're breathing. Oxygen, isn't it?"~I’mNotDedalus, impersonating Vincent D’Onofrio.|"Sometimes trying to communicate can be like walking through a minefield."~wanderwoman
"Give people a break. It's not easy doing a life."~Joshua Halberstam

Posts: 4020 | From: Oklahoma | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
ali_marea
The "Was on Sale" Song

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ali_marea   E-mail ali_marea   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I sent trollface a PM. Hoping to hear from him. Maybe he's just busy. That's happened before.

Hoping that's all it is. [Frown]

--------------------

Posts: 7158 | From: D.C. | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Zachary Fizz

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Zachary Fizz     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Trollface is another of that elite group whose mobile phone numbers I have. Sadly my mobile is about 5,500 miles from me right now but I'll have it in a day or two and will text him if we haven't heard from him.

Incidentally, I was sad to note the other day that Dofwai has ceased to be registered. I exchanged PMs with him a little over a year ago and gathered he was fed up with fighting the same fights over and over: I sympathise with that, but I do miss his posts. Some of the more right-wing posters on these boards have occasionally strayed into self-caricature; I think Dofwai represented a more grown up, though no less robust, form of conservatism.

Posts: 2370 | From: Arabia | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
ali_marea
The "Was on Sale" Song

dofwai's gone? [Frown] That truly sucks. I didn't always agree with him, although I did many times. Regardless, I respected him.

I hope he'll consider coming back someday.

Thanks for the info, Zachary! Hopefully you'll hear back from trollface. I know when he gets busy on different projects it sometimes keeps him from posting for a while. Hopefully that's the case now.

--------------------

Dogwater
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dogwater   E-mail Dogwater   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Vesta:
quote:
VESTA!*tacklehugs*

Missed ya, babe!

I see you've been hanging out here so much they gave you a key. [Wink] How is Julia Kitten doing? And Catnip? I always think of you guys whenever I see something from boston.

Vesta

Edited because it's still early here.

Yep...still here. I'm very flattered that someone paid attention to me enough to think about whether I'm still around or not. Thanks (where is the 'Aw Shucks' graemlin?)

--------------------
As God is my witness, I thought turkeys could fly.

Posts: 1679 | From: Illinois | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Brad from Georgia

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brad from Georgia   Author's Homepage   E-mail Brad from Georgia   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Just an update on my son, Macheath: He had a very good job interview today. Now he has to settle back and wait for that call....wish him luck!

--------------------
"No hard feelin's and HOPpy New Year!"--Walt Kelly
Hear what you're missing: ARTC podcasts! http://artcpodcast.org/

Posts: 7581 | From: Gainesville, Georgia | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Zachary Fizz

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Zachary Fizz     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Consider it wished!
Posts: 2370 | From: Arabia | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Mistletoey Chloe

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mistletoey Chloe     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Anyone seen or heard from BeowulfGirl?

--------------------
~~Ai am in mai prrrrrraime!~~

Posts: 10111 | From: Oklahoma | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
ali_marea
The "Was on Sale" Song

quote:
Originally posted by Brad from Georgia:
Just an update on my son, Macheath: He had a very good job interview today. Now he has to settle back and wait for that call....wish him luck!

Oooh lots of good luck going to Macheath. We miss him! [Frown]

--------------------

trollface
The Bills of St. Mary's

Icon 1 posted      Profile for trollface   Author's Homepage   E-mail trollface   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Hi, all.

I just got an e-mail from Bug telling me that I'd been missed. Don't worry, I'm absolutely fine. I just moved very suddenly (it was about 3 days between viewing the flat and moving in), and I didn't check whether there was a phone line in the place. Well, there isn't and I'm very poor for a few months until I've managed to get over the move, so can't afford to get one installed.

Once all that's sorted, it's high on my list of priorities (along with some, you know, furniture), and I'll be back to my usual long-winded self.

Nice to know I was missed. You guys are sweet.

--------------------
seriously , everyone on here , just trys to give someone crap about something they do !! , its shitting me to tears.

Posts: 16061 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
RingKeeper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RingKeeper     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Whew! Call off the search, Trollface has been found. Good to see you're still with us. Good luck with the settling in and the furniture hunt.

Oh, and best of luck to Macheath. Sure do miss having him around.

--------------------
There are just some things a dog can't explain to a monkey.

Posts: 2529 | From: Newfoundland | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Mosherette
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mosherette     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Hoorah! [Smile]

--------------------
Silence should never under any circumstances be construed as agreement. A lot of the time, it's simply a reflection that someone just said something so stupid that no response could possibly do it justice. - Ramblin' Dave

Posts: 8528 | From: Nottingham, England | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
2ys4u
We Wish You a Merry Giftmas

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2ys4u     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Has anyone heard from Erica?

When she last posted, she said she'd be homeless in 2 weeks. That was over 2 weeks ago.

I was just curious as to how she's doing and wondering if anyone's heard anything from her.

--------------------
"Guns and butter."

Posts: 966 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Signora Del Drago

Icon 82 posted      Profile for Signora Del Drago     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I was wondering about Erica, too. I hope she and her husband are okay. Maybe, like trollface, they just don't have a telephone line, yet.

Dara? Maybe I've just missed his posts since it's impossible to read every post in every thread.

And, what about Senior?

I guess Johnny Slick has left us for good.

--------------------
"This air we're breathing. Oxygen, isn't it?"~I’mNotDedalus, impersonating Vincent D’Onofrio.|"Sometimes trying to communicate can be like walking through a minefield."~wanderwoman

Posts: 4020 | From: Oklahoma | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Christie
The Bills of St. Mary's

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Christie     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by 2ys4u:
Has anyone heard from Erica?

When she last posted, she said she'd be homeless in 2 weeks. That was over 2 weeks ago.

I was just curious as to how she's doing and wondering if anyone's heard anything from her.

She hasn't posted but her husband did post to chastise those who had presumed to try to give Erica some straight from the shoulder advice (some less patiently then others I admit). He informed us that they had made arrangements to live with a family member IIRC and that Erica had found a job.

--------------------
If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs, it's just possible you haven't grasped the situation. - Jean Kerr

Posts: 18428 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Joe Bentley

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Joe Bentley   Author's Homepage   E-mail Joe Bentley   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
She hasn't posted but her husband did post to chastise those who had presumed to try to give Erica some straight from the shoulder advice.
I almost hate to bring it up but isn't letting someone else use your account (much less them using it to berate members of the board) generally considered a... no-no?

--------------------
"Existence has no pattern save what we imagine after staring at it for too long." - Rorschach, The Watchmen

Posts: 8929 | From: Norfolk, Virginia | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
ali_marea
The "Was on Sale" Song

Johnny Slick left? Huh. It seems like he just came back.

Trollface, it's great to see you here! [Smile] Can't wait to see you posting on a regular basis again. You've been missed!

--------------------

Morgaine La Raq Star
The "Was on Sale" Song

Icon 220 posted      Profile for Morgaine La Raq Star   E-mail Morgaine La Raq Star   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Joe Bentley:
quote:
She hasn't posted but her husband did post to chastise those who had presumed to try to give Erica some straight from the shoulder advice.
I almost hate to bring it up but isn't letting someone else use your account (much less them using it to berate members of the board) generally considered a... no-no?
I've let my husband use my account a time or two. I remember one time someone had a car question & I gave him the laptop & asked if he could help. He very plainly put 'This is Morgaines Husband'. No one gave me any grief at all about it either in public or via a PM.
As long as you're not sock puppeting & its a rare thing, I don't see a problem. My husband doesn't have his own account & has probably used mine a total of twice & only when I said 'You type it'.

--------------------
I cannot live without books-Thomas Jefferson *~* A child educated only at school is an uneducated child - George Santayana
I'm going to pummel you with such zeal, Buddha will explode! *~* Never miss a good chance to shut up - Will Rogers

Posts: 6585 | From: Dallas/Fort Worth, TX | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Four Kitties
Layaway in a Manger

Icon 503 posted      Profile for Four Kitties   E-mail Four Kitties   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Vesta:

You can see that Dogwater answered for himself. DemonWolf and Mrs. Wolf had a baby boy, then had flood damage during our big rain earlier this month.

Julia Kitten got into the school we wanted for her and will start in the fall. CatNip had jury duty today. Most of my garden drowned.

Have I forgotten anything?

Four Kitties

--------------------
If swimming is so good for your figure, how do you explain whales?

Posts: 13275 | From: Kindergarten World, Massachusetts | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
24K_ Kate

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 24K_ Kate   Author's Homepage   E-mail 24K_ Kate   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

Have I forgotten anything?

Four Kitties

Maude and Sophie?

24k"How are they doing, by the way?"Kate

--------------------
<---Callisto

I have a 60 second snack idea for Rachel (Ray): Xanax, vodka, fall asleep.--Adrianne Frost, Best Week Ever.

Posts: 2374 | From: Naw-fik, VA y'all | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Four Kitties
Layaway in a Manger

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Four Kitties   E-mail Four Kitties   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Oh NFBSK, that's right. [Frown] Clio crossed the rainbow bridge in December, and Darlene followed her in March; Maude and Sophie joined us a little over three weeks ago. Maude has taken over the house and has CatNip wrapped quite tightly around her lovely paw. Sophie lives in the basement. [Roll Eyes]

Anything else?

--------------------
If swimming is so good for your figure, how do you explain whales?

Posts: 13275 | From: Kindergarten World, Massachusetts | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Richard W

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Richard W   E-mail Richard W   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Signora Del Drago:
Dara? Maybe I've just missed his posts since it's impossible to read every post in every thread.

Dara's posting in this thread at the moment - if you want to find him, just say the word "chav"...
Posts: 8725 | From: Ipswich - the UK's 9th Best Place to Sleep! | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Signora Del Drago

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Signora Del Drago     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Thanks,Richard W! I just saw a post by him and hopped over here to say he's not missing, after all - I've just not seen him lately. I kind of worry about him a tad.

--------------------

24K_ Kate

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 24K_ Kate   Author's Homepage   E-mail 24K_ Kate   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Signora Del Drago:

And, what about Senior?

I wholeheartedly agree that would be an astronomical
task, even for the most industrious snopes speed reader. [Cool] However, it’s not really that hard to determine when a particular snopester made their last post. The search function is right handy for tracking down those seemingly MIA. For example Senior made his last post on May 7th. That's not an extraordinarily long absence.

--------------------
<---Callisto

I have a 60 second snack idea for Rachel (Ray): Xanax, vodka, fall asleep.--Adrianne Frost, Best Week Ever.

Posts: 2374 | From: Naw-fik, VA y'all | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Em
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Em   E-mail Em   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Dropbear hasn't been around for a while. His last post was in late April.

--------------------
What the NFBSK does YOMANK mean?

Posts: 1646 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
  This topic comprises 21 pages: 1  2  3  ...  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  ...  19  20  21   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages