snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » SLC Central » SLC: A Best Buy Christmas » Snopesters MIA - speak up! (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 21 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  19  20  21   
Author Topic: Snopesters MIA - speak up!
daisyslegs
It Came Upon a Midnight Clearance

Icon 13 posted      Profile for daisyslegs     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Anyone seen or heard from LtColCarter? I am a little concernd!

Last we knew she was in love with another snopester and almost through her divorce.

I want to know where she is. That other snopester changed his sign on.

Heellllllooooooooo? Are you out there?

--------------------
~tough as nails yet nice as pie~
For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction - and sometimes a scar.
"and don't threaten anyone with your pants today!" - Frog_Feathers
daisys does Myspace

Posts: 3206 | From: Molalla, OR | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Teodoro
I'll Be Home for After Christmas Sales

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Teodoro   E-mail Teodoro   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
What about Morrison. He seemed to disapear into the ether a few months back.

--------------------
The cow is of the bovine ilk;
One end is moo, the other, milk.
- O. Nash

Posts: 185 | From: Chapel Hill, NC | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Doc J.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doc J.   E-mail Doc J.   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Come back Dara. I hope we didn't upset you in the chav thread ! [Wink]
Posts: 3100 | From: London, UK | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Bug Muldoon
The "Was on Sale" Song

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bug Muldoon   E-mail Bug Muldoon   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
What about Morrison. He seemed to disapear into the ether a few months back.
The guy with the Palestinian flag ? He left, came back for a few days, then had a breakdown - a violent one. Last I heard he was temporarily banned and never bothered to come back.

--------------------
All along the untrodden paths of the future, I can see the footprints of an unseen hand.

Posts: 6912 | From: Flanders | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Faith
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Faith     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I haven't seen anything from tagurit for ages.

--------------------
"You watched it. You can't UNWATCH it."

Posts: 1646 | From: UK | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Bach_girl

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bach_girl   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Well the way things seem to be going these days- they all probably have this wicked flu that is going around!

--------------------
"My Very Educated Mother Just Said Uh-oh! No...Pluto..."~ Steven Colbert

Posts: 3256 | From: Somewhere in Ohio | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Teodoro
I'll Be Home for After Christmas Sales

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Teodoro   E-mail Teodoro   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Thanks for the update.

--------------------
The cow is of the bovine ilk;
One end is moo, the other, milk.
- O. Nash

Posts: 185 | From: Chapel Hill, NC | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
ThornyWreath
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ThornyWreath   E-mail ThornyWreath   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Hambubba--where is he? Last few handles he went by were "Discount Nemesis" and "null and void". I miss him.

--------------------
A little glitter can turn your whole day around.--Junie B. Jones

Engine 3:16

Posts: 1456 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Elwood
Little Sales Drummer Boy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elwood   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Hambubba--where is he? Last few handles he went by were "Discount Nemesis" and "null and void". I miss him.
He let himself out quietly. He didn't want to endanger himself with a rule #6 violation if he changed his mind. He may well be lurking, though. If you are, I miss you and your wit, Hambubba. The board isn't the same without you!

--------------------
"If I didn't see it and didn't know it was a real news report, I wouldn't believe it. I mean, how nutty can you get?"-Pat Robertson Oct 26, 2006.

Posts: 2936 | From: Mean Streets of West Virginia | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Gibbie
Angels Wii Have Heard on High

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gibbie     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Hambubba got very upset with several of us in Heavy B's thread about his (Heavy's) wife. He changed his screen name and departed in a huff. I figured he'd be back when he calmed down because he'd done so before. Maybe this time is different. I miss him too Thorny. I may not have agreed with him a lot but I did enjoy having him around.

Gibbie

--------------------
If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the precipitate.

Posts: 3993 | From: Indiana | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Open Mike Night
Little Sales Drummer Boy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Open Mike Night     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Faith:
I haven't seen anything from tagurit for ages.

I know it, I miss reading Tag's posts

--------------------
On the crusade to eliminate Moral Asshattery wherever it exists
Member: AAMAH

Posts: 2940 | From: Michigan | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Christie
The Bills of St. Mary's

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Christie     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I miss all of the above and I've also been wondered where CatoSH got to. She was a transplanted American living in England and I really enjoyed her perspective on things. I haven't noticed her posting in several months.

--------------------
If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs, it's just possible you haven't grasped the situation. - Jean Kerr

Posts: 18428 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Faith
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Faith     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
CatoSH hasn't been in here in months as you say - I posted a MIA on the last thread like this and she'd been gone for months even then.

Pity - a good poster and one with Swindon connections too.

--------------------
"You watched it. You can't UNWATCH it."

Posts: 1646 | From: UK | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Morgaine La Raq Star
The "Was on Sale" Song

Icon 88 posted      Profile for Morgaine La Raq Star   E-mail Morgaine La Raq Star   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Lone Abelone (sp?)
Lola (Haven't seen her for months. She & I were separated at birth, I swear!)

ETA: Mrs. Stressa (I remember she had a lot going on in her life)

Morgaine

--------------------
I cannot live without books-Thomas Jefferson *~* A child educated only at school is an uneducated child - George Santayana
I'm going to pummel you with such zeal, Buddha will explode! *~* Never miss a good chance to shut up - Will Rogers

Posts: 6585 | From: Dallas/Fort Worth, TX | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
guruwan2b
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 1 posted      Profile for guruwan2b   Author's Homepage   E-mail guruwan2b   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I was here, then I was gone, but now I am back..... Did you miss me?

--------------------
Too much of this navel gazing and we'll disappear up our own arses.
Danvers Carew

Posts: 7465 | From: Oklahoma | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Four Kitties
Layaway in a Manger

Icon 503 posted      Profile for Four Kitties   E-mail Four Kitties   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
StarlandVocalBand, where are you?!?

And guruwan2b, I know you're around here somewhere just not posting. Get on the stick, girl!

Add me to the "missing hambubba" list, as well.

Four Kitties

--------------------
If swimming is so good for your figure, how do you explain whales?

Posts: 13275 | From: Kindergarten World, Massachusetts | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Strawberries 'n Sugar
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Strawberries 'n Sugar   E-mail Strawberries 'n Sugar   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Hambubba got very upset with several of us in Heavy B's thread about his (Heavy's) wife.
I haven't been been around for several months either (college stuff). What did I miss? Is there something huge that happened?

Strawberries "tell me tell me!" 'n Sugar

--------------------
I made it!
-Me

Posts: 298 | From: Eau Claire, WI; formerly Bloomington, MN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Four Kitties
Layaway in a Manger

Icon 503 posted      Profile for Four Kitties   E-mail Four Kitties   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Strawberries 'n Sugar:
quote:
Hambubba got very upset with several of us in Heavy B's thread about his (Heavy's) wife.
I haven't been been around for several months either (college stuff). What did I miss? Is there something huge that happened?
Here.

--------------------

Posts: 13275 | From: Kindergarten World, Massachusetts | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
First of Two
The Bills of St. Mary's

Icon 1 posted      Profile for First of Two   Author's Homepage   E-mail First of Two   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by daisyslegs loves me- loves me not:
Anyone seen or heard from LtColCarter? I am a little concernd!

Last we knew she was in love with another snopester and almost through her divorce.

I want to know where she is. That other snopester changed his sign on.

Heellllllooooooooo? Are you out there?

I sent you and her a PM at the same time when I upgraded my poetry page. She responded, so I'm assuming she's okay.

--------------------
"Liberalism is a philosophy of consolation for western civilization as it commits suicide." - Jerry Pournelle

Posts: 14567 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
daisyslegs

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daisyslegs     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Yeah, she did PM me, I feel better! [Smile]

--------------------
~tough as nails yet nice as pie~
For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction - and sometimes a scar.
"and don't threaten anyone with your pants today!" - Frog_Feathers
daisys does Myspace

Posts: 3206 | From: Molalla, OR | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
LibrarianJen
We Three Blings

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LibrarianJen   E-mail LibrarianJen   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Ok, I'm confused - I just reread the Heavy B thread (in fact, I'm the last poster). What in that thread would have made Hambubba upset?
Posts: 1093 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Rhiandmoi
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rhiandmoi   E-mail Rhiandmoi   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
There was an earlier Heavy B thread. That was just the update. I think it is in archives though.

--------------------
I think that hyperbole is the single greatest factor contributing to the decline of society. - My friend Pat.

What is .02 worth?

Posts: 8745 | From: California | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Four Kitties
Layaway in a Manger

Sorry, that's the second thread. The original's gone missing.

Four Kitties

--------------------

Jenn
Layaway in a Manger

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jenn   E-mail Jenn   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
The link Four Kitties posted is the wrong one. Hambubba had left long before the update Four Kitties linked to. The thread they're referencing with hambubba's quiet departure was removed.

--------------------
"You're the opposite of troll. It's a compliment!"

Posts: 12086 | From: Alberta | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
WildaBeast
Let There Be PCs on Earth

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WildaBeast   E-mail WildaBeast   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I haven't seen Strawberry Limeade in a long time. I assume she's busy with college stuff as well...

--------------------
"Unseasonable is an odd word to begin with. It sounds like it's describing something that it's impossible to sprinkle pepper on." -- Nonny

Posts: 5483 | From: Just south of Folsom Prison, CA | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
rockland6674
We Wish You a Merry Giftmas

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rockland6674         Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I was reading some of the threads in the Glurge archive the other day, and really miss woapalanne's glurge parodies.

I also miss Sparverius. I guess she's moved on.

Posts: 934 | From: Massachusetts | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Ciara...
Markdown, the Herald Angels Sing

Icon 501 posted      Profile for Ciara...   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I miss Morrison. First Icelander I ever came across (as far as I know).

What ever happened to WHATEVER?

--------------------
-Oh, we'd all like to lick the great Superman, Jimmy.

Posts: 2298 | From: Eastern Scandinavia (Sverige) | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Bug Muldoon
The "Was on Sale" Song

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bug Muldoon   E-mail Bug Muldoon   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
I miss Morrison. First Icelander I ever came across (as far as I know).
And a funny one to boot. I really wish he took people's advice to get help.

--------------------
All along the untrodden paths of the future, I can see the footprints of an unseen hand.

Posts: 6912 | From: Flanders | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Bug Muldoon
The "Was on Sale" Song

Dead goat : check
pentagram : check
spellbook : check

[raises hands]

By the Power of Bašl, I give thy - LIFE !

[Lightning crackles, ground splits open, rotting thread crawls out]

*ahem*

Sillyness aside, has anyone heard of Em Dash recently ? She seems to have dissapeared in early May.

--------------------

Minstrel gone caroling

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Minstrel gone caroling   Author's Homepage   E-mail Minstrel gone caroling   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
And where has Daisyslegs been? She started this dead thread which has been resurrected by Bug's unholy powers, but I haven't seen any posts from her in quite some time.

--------------------
Last year's goat was burned down by vandals dressed up as Santa Claus and the Gingerbread Man. They were never caught.
My blog. The Adventures of the Fish O'Thwacking.
Countdown: 177 days (or less!)

Posts: 4926 | From: NW Ohio | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Casey, making hot chocolate

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Casey, making hot chocolate   Author's Homepage   E-mail Casey, making hot chocolate   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Neither have I. I'll drop her a line. [Smile]

--------------------
"To be or not to be! That is the question! Now, will you answer, dare, double dare, or take the Physical Challenge?" --Mark Summers as Hamlet
Countdown: 177 days and counting... or less. My blog. 14 keyboards owed.

Posts: 5584 | From: Ohio | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Auntie Witch

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Auntie Witch   Author's Homepage   E-mail Auntie Witch   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
AfterAll disappeared very shortly before her scheduled C-section. I'm hoping the new baby is just keeping her VERY busy and she's allright.

--------------------
"Feel my head! I feel like a puppy!" -My mother
October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month!
Myspace about my mom, kids

Posts: 3289 | From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Christie
The Bills of St. Mary's

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Christie     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I've noticed quite a few who haven't posted lately. Tagurit comes immediately to mind. Up til few days ago I was also wondering what happened to Chloe but I noticed a couple of posts so she's still out there. The nerve of some people having a life outside snopes [Big Grin]

--------------------
If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs, it's just possible you haven't grasped the situation. - Jean Kerr

Posts: 18428 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Auntie Witch

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Auntie Witch   Author's Homepage   E-mail Auntie Witch   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
[Big Grin] I thought about telling J that if anything ever happens to me to post it here, but I think he already knows. I have sites of his I'd have to do the same for.

Of course, if something happens to BOTH of us... Maybe we'll write it in our wills [Wink]

--------------------
"Feel my head! I feel like a puppy!" -My mother
October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month!
Myspace about my mom, kids

Posts: 3289 | From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Ciara...
Markdown, the Herald Angels Sing

Icon 210 posted      Profile for Ciara...   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
WonkoTheSane and Moose come to mind.

--------------------
-Oh, we'd all like to lick the great Superman, Jimmy.

Posts: 2298 | From: Eastern Scandinavia (Sverige) | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
  This topic comprises 21 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  19  20  21   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Codeô is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages