snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Urban Legends » NFBSK » 45% of dollar bills have been in a stripper's g-string (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: 45% of dollar bills have been in a stripper's g-string
GenYus
Away in a Manager's Special

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GenYus   E-mail GenYus   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I'd say we could even agree that any type of sweaty money is gross.

--------------------
IIRC, it wasn't the shoe bomber's loud prayers that sparked the takedown by the other passengers; it was that he was trying to light his shoe on fire. Very, very different. Canuckistan

Posts: 3694 | From: Arizona | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
DaGuyWitBluGlasses
I'll Be Home for After Christmas Sales

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DaGuyWitBluGlasses     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by stalker:
quote:
Originally posted by DaGuyWitBluGlasses:
(unfortunately i don't have access to a calculator that can handle that high of an exponent (223) to find the actual necessary odds)

From your next post I guess you got to one in the end. But next time you're looking for a calculator, there's always Google.

ETA: re-reading your post maybe you didn't get to a calculator that could handle it? I thought you had because the percentage you mention is so close to the actual one, but that was the ^50 one.

Also edited to change the link to a preview on tinyurl for those who may find it weird that I had to use it for a link to Google.

Thanks for showing me the simpler way of doing it, for some reason google will not turn back the answer for: (x^n - (x-1)^n ) / x^n

Basically to get 370, i just compared it to the lottery tickets:
223/30*50 to two significant figures.

Posts: 201 | From: Toronto, ON | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
moonfall86
We Wish You a Merry Giftmas

Icon 1 posted      Profile for moonfall86   E-mail moonfall86   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Class Bravo:
quote:
Originally posted by Artemis:
Money is generally kind of gross, since you really don't know where it's been. I'm definitely not going to be putting it in my mouth. Anymore.

Sometimes it's best not to think about where it's been before you get it.

**Possible NSFW ads on the link**

I am literally laughing so hard that my eyes are watering. I DEFINATELY don't want to be a toll collector now. BTW in case anyone is interested, that looks like it was filmed on the Florida Turnpike. The toll collectors are known for wearing outlandish (ok, ugly) tourist-type shirts, and there was a sign in the background that said "Sun Pass." (That's a prepaid toll card in FL).
Posts: 885 | From: Florida | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Esprise Me
We Wish You a Merry Giftmas

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Esprise Me     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Class Bravo:
I think it depends on the transaction that takes place. In my experience it's still customary to tip the performer $1 if you're sitting in the front row after she dances on the stage. For one-on-one encounters, however, $1 would be considered extremely low.

Exactly--I think gettting to stuff the bill in the stripper's underwear qualifies as enough of a close encounter to merit $5-10, not a single dollar bill. If the one-dollar bills are being placed on the stage, they're not going in the strippers' G-strings. Of course, if my waitressing experience has any relevance in this regard, there probably ARE a lot of men out there who think one dollar is a sufficient tip for a lap dance, despite all the evidence they see of the standard being higher.

Put me down as someone who wouldn't mind handling money that had been in a stripper's G-string, for the reasons people have already mentioned. I used to work takeout at a restaurant on the beach, and I would get these older women with huge, drooping breasts digging wet bills out of their cleavage. Kinda desensitized me to the whole thing. I would probably still flinch at having to take a dollar bill out of a guy's butt, though.

--------------------
"If God wrote it, the grammar must be infallible. Perhaps it is we who are mistaken." -MapleLeaf

Posts: 977 | From: Boston, MA | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Mickey is a Hanukkah Bush
O Come Let Us Adore Sales

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mickey is a Hanukkah Bush   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Those that say strippers don't sweat much- have YOU ever danced a lot, under hot lights? Regardless of what you're wearing?

Even when I was Columbia in Rocky Horror, I would sweat during the floor show scene. It's tiring to dance, period. And I've found that my breasts are the first part of my body to get sweaty.

--------------------
My mom, about my nervousness with Jeopardy!: "Don't worry about it. Just get drunk and you'll do fine."
Blog Just call me Mickey 2

Posts: 3295 | From: Radford, VA/Herndon, VA/Orlando, FL | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
GenYus

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GenYus   E-mail GenYus   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mickey is a Hanukkah Bush:
Those that say strippers don't sweat much- have YOU ever danced a lot, under hot lights? Regardless of what you're wearing?

I've never been in a strip club that was as brightly lit as a stage production. Usually the lights are dimmer than what you find in most homes or restaurants.

--------------------
IIRC, it wasn't the shoe bomber's loud prayers that sparked the takedown by the other passengers; it was that he was trying to light his shoe on fire. Very, very different. Canuckistan

Posts: 3694 | From: Arizona | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Richard W
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Richard W   E-mail Richard W   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

Even when I was Columbia in Rocky Horror, I would sweat during the floor show scene. It's tiring to dance, period. And I've found that my breasts are the first part of my body to get sweaty.

Hmm, I guess the line "Mind pet, tha divven't sweat much for a fat lass" is out, then...
Posts: 8725 | From: Ipswich - the UK's 9th Best Place to Sleep! | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Mickey is a Hanukkah Bush
O Come Let Us Adore Sales

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mickey is a Hanukkah Bush   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by GenYus:
quote:

I've never been in a strip club that was as brightly lit as a stage production. Usually the lights are dimmer than what you find in most homes or restaurants.
Our performance area wasn't well lit. They rarely are, if you're doing shadowcasting. Just dancing a lot can make you sweaty.

Mickey is a "former ballet dancer, current fuzzy furry friend, current belly dancer-in-training" Hanukkah Bush

--------------------
My mom, about my nervousness with Jeopardy!: "Don't worry about it. Just get drunk and you'll do fine."
Blog Just call me Mickey 2

Posts: 3295 | From: Radford, VA/Herndon, VA/Orlando, FL | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
GenYus

So you were under hot invisible lights?

--------------------

ThistleSoftware
Little Sales Drummer Boy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ThistleSoftware     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Bear in mind this only applies to my experience in the Bay Area:

1. When sitting up front you're expected to put many dollar bills on the stage. When the stripper comes over to give you extra attention you might put one bill at a time in her G string, her bra, or wherever she offers. So you might end up tipping twenty or so dollars during the one dance, but all in ones.

2. Most strip clubs around here don't expect you to tip on lap dances since the dancer keeps most of the lap dance fee, which is anywhere from $20-$60/ two song set. Of course they appreciate anything you might tip on top of that.

3. Strippers do get kinda sweaty, but not as sweaty as most dancers. The stage is not well lit and they are usually exerting themselves as little as possible. Sweatiness is not conducive to pole dancing or lap dances. Also most strip clubs are kept fairly cool. Regardless, I imagine that the inside of a G-string is not the cleanest place no matter how clean or sweat-free the dancer.

--------------------
Officially Heartless

Posts: 3065 | From: The Montgomery County of the West Coast- Berkeley, CA | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
odin343434

Icon 1 posted      Profile for odin343434     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Well, from my experiences as a customer and my ex-wife dancing...

- She always brought home the singles, fives, tens, twenties, and hundreds. She learned to tip the DJ and bouncers more than a few singles.

- In the places that I have been, custom would be to tip singles to the girls dancing. This will be in their G-string, mouth, cleavage, wherever she chooses. They usually spend all of 1 song in her G-string before she gets over to the stairs/entrance where she has her purse and puts it in there.

Though this can be of higher denomination, a single is a typical "I like you and would like to give you more money upstairs." In my experience, a single usually goes to the hip area. A five, ten, or higher may get you a little closer to the 'LuLu' but those are going to be interpreted more along the lines of "I have a LOT of money that I want to give you upstairs, downstairs, in the 'VIP' room, or at the motel across the street."

- I do not generally see much tipping for a girl just sitting with a guy as he is probably buying her drinks.

- Price of dances vary from club to club, but I've generally tipped up to the next 10.00 or 20.00. Example, if a dance is 25.00 and I have 2 dances, I would give her 3 twenties. Tip 10.00. No way is she getting a single for a lap dance as a tip or anything. I'm not even giving her 20 singles.

- Dancers are just like any other profession out there. There are some that take pride in what they do and keep themselves clean. They are making a living with their bodies so they take good care of their bodies. They like to smell nice and such. There are some that figure they'll make a few bucks just because they're willing to show their breasts and it doesn't really matter how they look.

But I can't see how touching a single that was next to a stripper hip would be any better/worse than touching a single that was next to a car salesman's leg or a waiters neck or my hand.

Posts: 182 | From: Westland, MI | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
ThistleSoftware
Little Sales Drummer Boy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ThistleSoftware     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I quite agree with that last sentence, Odin. I hope my post didn't imply that I think strippers are dirty- rather, the inside of anyone's g-string is probably not that sanitary.

--------------------
Officially Heartless

Posts: 3065 | From: The Montgomery County of the West Coast- Berkeley, CA | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
odin343434

Icon 1 posted      Profile for odin343434     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
While I can't confirm the scientific aspect of it, and they did specifically say that they were running an UNscientific experiment just to see a hot model naked, Penn and Teller did an episode of Bullshit! where they were discussing people being obsessed with germs and such.

They took 4 average folks and 1 hot woman to a lab where they had bacteria cultures (I may be using wrong terms) from their faces, hands, genital area, and various butt locations.

Hands and Face scored the highest, or dirtiest. While genital area and rear generally scored the cleanest.

It was just interesting really. When you think about, in a normal day how many door knobs, vending machine buttons, other peoples pens, and such do you touch with your hands vs. how many you touch with your penis or vagina?

Yet, we consider these areas to be the dirtiest. We go to the bathroom and wash our hands because they touched our dirty penis. Shouldn't we be washing our penis because it touched our dirty hands? [Smile]

Reminds me of a joke (told with various religions in different spots)

Three guys go into the bathroom; a Christian, a Wiccan, and an Atheist.

The Christian finishes and goes the sink to wash his hands. He washes, soaps, rinses, soaps, rinses, soaps, rinses, dries with a dozen paper towels.

"I have learned that cleanliness is next to Godliness."

The Wiccan finishes and goes to the sink to wash. He gives a quick shot of water to his hands, no soap, and waves them to dry them.

"I have learned to waste the resources that nature has given us."

The Atheist finishes and heads for the door. The other two look at him like he's a disgusting slob.

"I have learned not to piss on my hands."

With that being said, I probably still wouldn't want something straight out of some strangers underpants [Smile]

Posts: 182 | From: Westland, MI | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Delta-V
Xboxing Day

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Delta-V     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Troberg:
Wouldn't that mean that something like 45% of the GNP would come from stripping? OK, maybe not 45%, as money move around a bit, but still unbelievably much.

I'd guess much of the money in the US exists as 'ones and zeros', not 'ones'. According to This there's about $7B worth of $1 bills around. According to wiki, strip clubs are a $5B industry. Sooooo....

--------------------
"My neighbor asked why anyone would need a car that can go 190 mph. If the answer isn't obvious, and explaination won't help." - Csabe Csere

Posts: 1225 | From: Wichita, Kansas | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Wolf333

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wolf333     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Delta-V:
quote:
Originally posted by Troberg:
Wouldn't that mean that something like 45% of the GNP would come from stripping? OK, maybe not 45%, as money move around a bit, but still unbelievably much.

I'd guess much of the money in the US exists as 'ones and zeros', not 'ones'. According to This there's about $7B worth of $1 bills around. According to wiki, strip clubs are a $5B industry. Sooooo....
You forget that it's $20 per lap dance, and $40 for a private dance. Or... umm... So I've read.

--------------------
"We take evil really seriously"

Posts: 175 | From: Tokyo, Japan | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages