snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Urban Legends » NFBSK » Cell phone vibrators

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Cell phone vibrators
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 212 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: Love your site, and wanted to suggest a topic for you to write
on.

Urban Myth: some Asian girls temporarily put cell phones inside their
vagina or anus, at their partner's request, so their boyfriends could give
them stimulation by calling the phone and causing the phone's vibrator to
activate. In some cases the phones had to be removed in hospital emergency
rooms.

I work for a large cell phone manufacturer. Internally, we know it is a
fact that some small cell phones where used in this strange manner. There
were news reports about it, especially in Japan, HK, and Taiwan.
Obviously, phones were usually first put inside a condom before insertion.

Engineers knew of particular Motorola and Nokia cell phones that couples
preferred for this strange activity, because of small size and strong
vibration produced by phone's vibrator.

Posts: 36029 | From: Admin | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Ligeia
I'll Be Home for After Christmas Sales

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ligeia     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Why would working for the manufacturer give one access to what happens to a phone after it is purchased? Does the doctor pull the phone out of someplace it shouldn't be and then say, "Nurse, call Nokia, we've got another one"? Do they also call Coca-Cola whenever someone sticks a bottle up there?

--------------------
Fight evil diaper rash!

Posts: 196 | From: Southwest Missouri | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
SuperGoten
I Saw Three Shipments

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SuperGoten   E-mail SuperGoten   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Why would it just be Asian people?
Posts: 60 | From: Ohio | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Midgard_Dragon
Markdown, the Herald Angels Sing

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Midgard_Dragon   E-mail Midgard_Dragon   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by snopes:
Comment: Love your site, and wanted to suggest a topic for you to write
on.

Urban Myth: some Asian girls temporarily put cell phones inside their
vagina or anus, at their partner's request, so their boyfriends could give
them stimulation by calling the phone and causing the phone's vibrator to
activate. In some cases the phones had to be removed in hospital emergency
rooms.

I work for a large cell phone manufacturer. Internally, we know it is a
fact that some small cell phones where used in this strange manner. There
were news reports about it, especially in Japan, HK, and Taiwan.
Obviously, phones were usually first put inside a condom before insertion.

Engineers knew of particular Motorola and Nokia cell phones that couples
preferred for this strange activity, because of small size and strong
vibration produced by phone's vibrator.

I don't know about cell phones, but there are definitely remote control vibrators. I don't know why cell phones would be used as a replacement for them unless you are just underage or in a place where sex toys are banned (for whatever silly reason).

ETA - NSFW NFBSK Link With Proof!

And actually, they look fairly entertaining. Like something that would take flirting and teasing with an S.O. in public to a whole new level.

quote:
SuperGoten, it's a generally accepted idea, although more of a stereotype than just an idea, that Japan gets all the weird trends, especially sexual ones, first.

--------------------
Midgard Dragon
-==UDIC==-
MidgardDragon's MySpace

Posts: 2455 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
franjava
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for franjava     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Hijack! As an EMT I was driving and didn't want to put my pager back in its holster (under a heavy coat) so I dropped it on the seat between my legs. Low and behold, it went off again. SURPRISE!!!!!! [Wink] Okay, I'm done. Back to your regularly scheduled program.

--------------------
Never eat anything given to you by a toddler.

Posts: 258 | From: Rochester, NY | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
U.T. Raptor
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 1 posted      Profile for U.T. Raptor     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I once saw this gif...

--------------------
"Elly: Oops, I'm a damsel in distress now. Better scream girlishly and all… ahem. EEEK!"

Schwarz: Look, there's three ways to do things: the right way, the wrong way, and the Ninja way.
Rey: Isn't that the wrong way?
Schwarz: Yup, only stealthier.

Posts: 546 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Eve MG
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eve MG   Author's Homepage   E-mail Eve MG   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
This reminds me of the Purring Kitty. (Link is not necessarily unsafe for work - no pictures except of phones and a cat face.)

ETA: I always thought this was a real thing, but some of their links are broken.

--------------------
I love dairy! Does that mean I can't be a vegan?

Posts: 1569 | From: Upstate NY | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Esprise Me
We Wish You a Merry Giftmas

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Esprise Me     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by SuperGoten:

Because their electronics are smaller. I don't think my cell phone would fit, but you know, they've probably got vibrator-sized ones over there... [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
"If God wrote it, the grammar must be infallible. Perhaps it is we who are mistaken." -MapleLeaf

Posts: 977 | From: Boston, MA | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Chickee Daizy
Live and Let Madai

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chickee Daizy     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm going to school to be an x-ray tech, and I'm currently doing clinicals at the hospital where I live. They keep a whole folder full of strange x-rays (with the patients' information removed for obvious reasons), one of which happens to be an x-ray of a woman with a cell phone stuck in her "special place." So it does happen, in Oklahoma, nonetheless.

--------------------
Some people are like slinkies...They don't really have a purpose, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

Posts: 907 | From: Oklahoma | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Mad Jay
Let There Be PCs on Earth

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mad Jay     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by SuperGoten:

Because Asian NFBSK's are slanted, so it's easier to insert the phone

--------------------
Nico Sasha
In between my father's fields;And the citadels of the rule; Lies a no-man's land which I must cross; To find my stolen jewel.

Posts: 4912 | From: VA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
trollface
The Bills of St. Mary's

Icon 1 posted      Profile for trollface   Author's Homepage   E-mail trollface   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Esprise Me:
Because their electronics are smaller. I don't think my cell phone would fit, but you know, they've probably got vibrator-sized ones over there... [Roll Eyes]

I know you're being facetious, but if you can fit a baby through there, then I'm prepared to bet that you can fit a phone up there.

Well, I wouldn't bet, as I've seen it done, so know that it's true. But you get my meaning.

--------------------
seriously , everyone on here , just trys to give someone crap about something they do !! , its shitting me to tears.

Posts: 16061 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Frozen Charlotte
I Saw Three Shipments

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Frozen Charlotte   E-mail Frozen Charlotte   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Chickee Daizy:
I'm going to school to be an x-ray tech, and I'm currently doing clinicals at the hospital where I live. They keep a whole folder full of strange x-rays (with the patients' information removed for obvious reasons), one of which happens to be an x-ray of a woman with a cell phone stuck in her "special place." So it does happen, in Oklahoma, nonetheless.

Maybe this is just my misunderstanding of your terminology, but I'm pretty sure it's impossible for a cell phone (or anything else) to actually get stuck in the vagina. I suppose it's possible for a woman to be too frightened or squeamish to retrieve an item after it found its way there, but then why would she put it there (or let it be put there) in the first place?

The rectum is a different story, of course. I'll never forget reading about that in The Straight Dope when I was a teenager.

Trollface, maybe she has one of these? It's smaller than a baby, but I can't picture too many women wanting to get funky with it. [Eek!]

Posts: 64 | From: New Jersey | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
trollface
The Bills of St. Mary's

Icon 1 posted      Profile for trollface   Author's Homepage   E-mail trollface   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Charlotte, I've seen some videos...

--------------------
seriously , everyone on here , just trys to give someone crap about something they do !! , its shitting me to tears.

Posts: 16061 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Chickee Daizy
Live and Let Madai

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chickee Daizy     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Frozen Charlotte:
quote:
Originally posted by Chickee Daizy:

Maybe this is just my misunderstanding of your terminology, but I'm pretty sure it's impossible for a cell phone (or anything else) to actually get stuck in the vagina. I suppose it's possible for a woman to be too frightened or squeamish to retrieve an item after it found its way there, but then why would she put it there (or let it be put there) in the first place?
The clinical director said the phone was in the woman's vagina. Apparently she was experimenting with it, and it went in so far that she needed assistance to get it back out. Maybe she was too squeamish to retrieve it, I don't know I wasn't there. But it does happen...more than you'd think, and not just with cell phones...

--------------------
Some people are like slinkies...They don't really have a purpose, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

Posts: 907 | From: Oklahoma | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Felessan
Markdown, the Herald Angels Sing

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Felessan   E-mail Felessan   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I have been told by a co-worker that she gave herself an orgasm with her mobile phone set on vibrate. We've made a few jokes about it...

--------------------
You fool! That's not a warrior, that's a banana!
- a surreal moment in a role-playing game

Posts: 2480 | From: Australia | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Malruhn
The "Was on Sale" Song

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Malruhn   E-mail Malruhn   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
"No, really. Call me again..." [lol]

--------------------
Opinions aren't excuses to remain ignorant about subjects, nor are they excuses to never examine one's beliefs & prejudices...

Babies are like tattoos. You see other peoples' & they're cool, but yours is never as good & you can't get rid of it.

Posts: 5622 | From: Jax, Florida | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages