snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Urban Legends » NFBSK » Anal okra highs (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Anal okra highs
chillas
Coventry Mall Carol

Icon 16 posted      Profile for chillas     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mad Jay:
What kind of dessert is made from okra?? [Confused] and can you put it up your ass?

If there's one thing the internet has taught me, it's that anything can be put up the ass.

--------------------
Come on, come on - spin a little tighter
Come on, come on - and the world's a little brighter

Posts: 5595 | From: Columbus, OH : The Soccer Capital of America | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
TuFurg
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TuFurg   E-mail TuFurg   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Singing in the Drizzle:
OK, some kids may try putting things in the back door, but to go public is far to much for me to believe.

I dunno... I've heard once ocra gets it's grip on you, you'll do whatever it takes.

I'm afraid it's probably rect alot of lives.

Posts: 687 | From: Grand Rapids, Michigan | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Jay Temple
It Came Upon a Midnight Clearance

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jay Temple     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by chillas:
quote:
What kind of dessert is made from okra?? [Confused] and can you put it up your ass?

If there's one thing the internet has taught me, it's that anything can be put up the ass.
LIZZY -- RUN!

--------------------
"Well, it looks we're on our own ... again."--Rev. Lovejoy

Posts: 3572 | From: St. Louis, MO | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Zamboni_Rodeo
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Zamboni_Rodeo     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
quote:

I think Eddie Murphy was way out ahead of the internet on that score.

--------------------
Where's the challenge in wassailing at Christmas? The place is lousy with wassail!

Posts: 232 | From: Raleigh, NC | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
NancyFancyPants
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NancyFancyPants     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
ROTF!!!!!! Thank you all for the best laughs I've had all day.

Chillas, my sister used to be an ER nurse, and I've learned from her that indeed anything can be put up the ass - the problem being that most of the time, it refuses to come back out. Thanks to her stories, I will never own a hamster, DH changes the burned out lightbulbs, and I no longer buy those plastic candy canes filled with M&Ms at Christmas time.

--------------------
And on the 7th day, God said, "Let there be lips!"

Posts: 296 | From: Munhall, PA | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
chillas
Coventry Mall Carol

Icon 304 posted      Profile for chillas     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jay Tempura:
quote:
quote:

LIZZY -- RUN!
Well, I hope you're happy now. You owe me a new cellphone and keyboard, and Lizzy a new cellphone and steering wheel, as she was driving home from work and we were talking on the phone when I saw your response.

--------------------

Posts: 5595 | From: Columbus, OH : The Soccer Capital of America | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
LemonLimeade
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LemonLimeade     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
[Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Well it isn't going to get any funnier than this today. You guys are hilarious!

--------------------
Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't.

Posts: 285 | From: Woodbridge, NJ | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Tarquin Farquart
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tarquin Farquart   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I went to the grocers today, and okra was on special offer. I had to leave because I was badly stifling laughter.

--------------------
I shall baffle you with cabbages and rhinoceroses in the kitchen and incessant quotations from "Now We Are Six" through the mouthpiece of Lord Snooty's giant poisoned electric head. So there!

Posts: 802 | From: London, UK | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Arts Myth
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arts Myth   E-mail Arts Myth   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TuFurg:
quote:
OK, some kids may try putting things in the back door, but to go public is far to much for me to believe.

I dunno... I've heard once ocra gets it's grip on you, you'll do whatever it takes.

All too many of the lives that okra's touched, it's wrecked 'em.

--------------------
Stupid, stupid rat creatures! - Bone
"The missionaries told us not to cut ourselves. It displeases Jesus." - Elsie Clews Parsons, Kiowa Tales, quoted in The Mourner's Dance, Katherine Ashenburg

Posts: 695 | From: Ottawa, Canada | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
TuFurg
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TuFurg   E-mail TuFurg   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Arts Myth:
quote:
Originally posted by TuFurg:
quote:

All too many of the lives that okra's touched, it's wrecked 'em.
Very nice! Couldn't come up with anything to finish that one but kudos to you!!!
Posts: 687 | From: Grand Rapids, Michigan | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Sister Ray
Little Sales Drummer Boy

Icon 401 posted      Profile for Sister Ray   Author's Homepage   E-mail Sister Ray   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by NancyFancyPants:
ROTF!!!!!! Thank you all for the best laughs I've had all day.

Chillas, my sister used to be an ER nurse, and I've learned from her that indeed anything can be put up the ass - the problem being that most of the time, it refuses to come back out. Thanks to her stories, I will never own a hamster, DH changes the burned out lightbulbs, and I no longer buy those plastic candy canes filled with M&Ms at Christmas time.

Is this the hamster story?

My mother mentioned that vegetables used in odd ways were rumored to get you high when she was a teenager in the late 60's. She only told me this because we were discussing the coke and asprin rumor. So stories like that have been around a long time, although I'm certainly not going to ask my mother about anal okra. Even I have standards. Anyway, okra is something almost no one in New England eats.

Sister "I don't think I've even seen it in the store" Ray

--------------------
The Organization. Adam Haseeb Memorial Pages. My library.

"There can't be a war on Christmas. Even Cambridge has decorations up!" - an observation I made

Posts: 2719 | From: Chicago, IL | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Jay Temple

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jay Temple     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
quote:
quote:

LIZZY -- RUN!
Well, I hope you're happy now. You owe me a new cellphone and keyboard, and Lizzy a new cellphone and steering wheel, as she was driving home from work and we were talking on the phone when I saw your response.
Oh, sure, blame the messenger.

--------------------
"Well, it looks we're on our own ... again."--Rev. Lovejoy

Posts: 3572 | From: St. Louis, MO | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
chillas
Coventry Mall Carol

Icon 1 posted      Profile for chillas     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

LIZZY -- RUN!
Oh, sure, blame the messenger.
Not blaming, just billing. [Smile]

--------------------

mgbdriver
Little Sales Drummer Boy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mgbdriver     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Well, I'll never eat gumbo again . . .

--------------------
"Chuck E. Cheese called. They want their band back."

my blog
Help me clean my basement!

Posts: 2717 | From: Michigan | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
lunchlady
I Saw Three Shipments

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lunchlady   E-mail lunchlady   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sister Ray:
[QUOTE]although I'm certainly not going to ask my mother about anal okra. Even I have standards. Anyway, okra is something almost no one in New England eats.

Sister "I don't think I've even seen it in the store" Ray

Uh-oh! I don't think I want to know why my Dad's growing okra in his Massachusetts garden. [Eek!]

lunch 'and Mum's looking for recipes' lady

--------------------
lunchlady

Democracy must be something more than two wolves and a sheep voting on what to have for dinner.
---James Bovard

Posts: 71 | From: Massachusetts | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
franjava
Deck the Malls

Icon 81 posted      Profile for franjava     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Hello, all! Not new to SNOPES, but new to the board. Died laughing here! I grew up gagging down fried okra and certainly will never eat it again after this discussion!!!! [Big Grin]

--------------------
Never eat anything given to you by a toddler.

Posts: 258 | From: Rochester, NY | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Sister Ray
Little Sales Drummer Boy

Icon 221 posted      Profile for Sister Ray   Author's Homepage   E-mail Sister Ray   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
You can actually fry okra? I've never seen a fried vegetable before. I've also never eaten okra in any form.

sister "heck, I'm not even sure what it looks like" Ray

--------------------

"There can't be a war on Christmas. Even Cambridge has decorations up!" - an observation I made

Posts: 2719 | From: Chicago, IL | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Bach_girl

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bach_girl   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
You can actually fry okra? I've never seen a fried vegetable before. I've also never eaten okra in any form.

sister "heck, I'm not even sure what it looks like" Ray

You have never seen a fried vegatable? How about stir fry?

Okra is usually dipped in batter then fried- like they do with mushrooms.

--------------------
"My Very Educated Mother Just Said Uh-oh! No...Pluto..."~ Steven Colbert

Posts: 3256 | From: Somewhere in Ohio | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Lainie
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lainie   E-mail Lainie   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
You can fry pretty much anything you can cut up small enought to fit in the skillet or deep-fryer. My mother used to skillet-fry green tomatoes (breaded), potatoes, onions, mushrooms (breaded or unbreaded), leftover corn cut off the cob.

This page has photos of raw okra, whole and sliced, and of fried okra.

ETA: Ever seen a sauteed vegetable? Frying in a skillet isn't much different from sauteeing -- higher heat, maybe.

--------------------
How homophobic do you have to be to have penguin gaydar? - Lewis Black

Posts: 8322 | From: Columbus, OH | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Simon Says
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Simon Says   E-mail Simon Says   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Well, I know I'm showing up late here. But I live in Wichita and I can assure you that there are no schools on notice and if the police had made 12 o-holing raids, it would have made big news, but I've not heard of it. So, despite how likely it sounds [Roll Eyes] , I think it is made up!!!!
Posts: 624 | From: Kansas | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Tantei Kijo
The First USA Noel

Icon 95 posted      Profile for Tantei Kijo   Author's Homepage   E-mail Tantei Kijo   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by pirateslife:
Well, I EAT boiled okra, and I've never gotten high off of it. I'm not sure shoving it up your bum would be more effective than oral insertion...
And yes, eating boiled okra is rather like eating snot. But it's TASTY snot.

I was going to post something along the lines of, "At least it's good for something now" [Razz]

Though, I'm not sure how my host mother prepared it, it was really fantastic in her salads, and not slimey at all. All the other times I've tried it it's been pretty bad.

Reminds me of Dead Milkmen and Smoking Banana Peels. I'll have to look up that one.

--------------------
Bender: Though you may have to make a metaphorical "deal with the devil". And by "devil", I mean the robot devil, and by "metaphorically" I mean get your coat. ------------ My sad site: A new way to be bored.

Posts: 722 | From: Colorado | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
chillas
Coventry Mall Carol

Icon 1 posted      Profile for chillas     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
I've never seen a fried vegetable before.

I'd be willing to bet you have. [Smile]

--------------------

Sister Ray
Little Sales Drummer Boy

Icon 07 posted      Profile for Sister Ray   Author's Homepage   E-mail Sister Ray   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
quote:

I'd be willing to bet you have. [Smile]
I really think of potatoes as more a starch/grain, so I didn't count them.

Sister "who has had stir-fry, but was thinking of deep frying" Ray

--------------------

franjava
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for franjava     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 

Yup... breaded and fried. We would buy them already sliced, breaded and frozen then deep fry them. If you douse them in ketchup, they're ALMOST tolerable. The fam is from Texas, so it's a southern thing I guess. Ever had a "Bloomin' onion?" Deep fried vegie.

--------------------
Never eat anything given to you by a toddler.

Posts: 258 | From: Rochester, NY | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
chillas
Coventry Mall Carol

Fried tomatoes, too. I don't generally care for tomatoes, but bread them and fry them - yum. Though I do usually just eat them, forgoing rectal insertion.

--------------------

Doug4.7
Angels Wii Have Heard on High

Icon 212 posted      Profile for Doug4.7   E-mail Doug4.7   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

Come to the South. We will deep fry almost anything. Turkey, veggies, Twinkees (on a stick), Oeros, bread, ice cream, etc. If it can be eaten, it can be deep fried...

--------------------
And now for something completely different...

Posts: 4164 | From: Alabama | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
guruwan2b

Icon 1 posted      Profile for guruwan2b   Author's Homepage   E-mail guruwan2b   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Heck, yeah. We will deep fry just about anything...

--------------------
Too much of this navel gazing and we'll disappear up our own arses.
Danvers Carew

Posts: 7465 | From: Oklahoma | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Bettie Page Turner
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bettie Page Turner   E-mail Bettie Page Turner   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Years ago a friend moved to NC. She told me "I think they'd fry iced tea down here if they could figure out a way to do it." [lol]

--------------------
You fail to consider, for such is the tyranny of fashion, that the swan is not a slim animal... -Jincy Kornhauser, Melinda Falling

Posts: 1762 | From: Charleston, West Virginia | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Mad Jay
Let There Be PCs on Earth

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mad Jay     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
We used to have "okra chips" with food, just like you would have potato chips. Slice the okra, add pepper and salt, and "stir-fry" it in about 2-3 inches of oil till they are crispy. Yummm!!

--------------------
Nico Sasha
In between my father's fields;And the citadels of the rule; Lies a no-man's land which I must cross; To find my stolen jewel.

Posts: 4912 | From: VA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Mistletoey Chloe

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mistletoey Chloe     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Wouldn't that make them rather uncomfortable to insert in your bottom?

--------------------
~~Ai am in mai prrrrrraime!~~

Posts: 10111 | From: Oklahoma | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Howard
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Howard     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Fried Okra is one of my all-time favorites.

Eggplant and squash also can be fried...I wouldn't eat them any other way.

--------------------
"I believe you believe that, but I just think you're confused."

Posts: 311 | From: Mississippi | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Mad Jay
Let There Be PCs on Earth

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mad Jay     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
[lol] Yeah. You need to learn how to relax

--------------------
Nico Sasha
In between my father's fields;And the citadels of the rule; Lies a no-man's land which I must cross; To find my stolen jewel.

Posts: 4912 | From: VA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
chillas
Coventry Mall Carol

Not to mention let them cool off a bit first. [Eek!]

--------------------

Mistletoey Chloe

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mistletoey Chloe     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Voice of experience, chillas? [Big Grin]

--------------------
~~Ai am in mai prrrrrraime!~~

Posts: 10111 | From: Oklahoma | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
chillas
Coventry Mall Carol

Oh, for chrissakes, what has Lizzy been telling people about me now?

[Big Grin]

--------------------

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages