snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Urban Legends » NFBSK » If at First She Doesn't Succeed, Mom Tries Again

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: If at First She Doesn't Succeed, Mom Tries Again
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 04 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
http://www.latimes.com/news/printedition/california/la-me-only8aug08,1,5181168.column

A waiter at a West Hollywood cafe told John Morgan Wilson this story: A regular lunch customer comes in one day with her unmarried daughter and introduces her to the waiter, a handsome gent. When it becomes clear that the woman considers the waiter prime marriage material, he discreetly lets the mother know that he is gay. End of discussion.

Mother and daughter finish their meal, pay and leave.

A few days later the mother returns for lunch — with her gay son.

Posts: 36029 | From: Admin | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Beyblader3258
I'm Dreaming of a White Sale

Icon 500 posted      Profile for Beyblader3258   Author's Homepage   E-mail Beyblader3258   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
It sounds like the mother is a bit obsessive. If I was the waiter, I'd be quite scared of her. If I was the son, I would question my mother's grip on my life.

--------------------
You can dream all you want, but when you wake up, you'll find that nothing has changed. The only way to make those dreams come true is to dedicate your entire life to your sport.

Posts: 28 | From: Kenosha, Wisconsin | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages