snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Urban Legends » Glurge Gallery » The Candy Cane Legend -- now animated with music!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The Candy Cane Legend -- now animated with music!
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 08 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
http://www.angelrays.com/fla/legend.html
Posts: 36029 | From: Admin | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Lonely Mountain
Jingle All the Layaway

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lonely Mountain   E-mail Lonely Mountain   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by snopes:
http://www.angelrays.com/fla/legend.html

It has music so it must be true! The only difference with this one with what I was "taught" in Catholic school was that the three thin red lines were supposed to represent the Holy Trinity. Maybe this was one of Martin Luther's missing theses.

#96: Candy canes have nothing to do with the Trinity. So there.

--------------------
"Tis too much proved that with devotion's visage and pious action we do sugar o'er the devil himself." - Hamlet

Posts: 344 | From: Pittsburgh, PA | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Max_Renn
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Max_Renn   Author's Homepage   E-mail Max_Renn   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
My atheist butt got dragged to a Christmas Eve service last night, and during the children's time (glurgey puppet show followed by a condescending lecture and prayer that led off with "Dear God...") the same tale was told and candies were handed out. Wow, it must be true then! And just what a bunch of excited nine year olds need at 8PM, more sugar!

I wonder, though, if through a fluke of sold-out drugstores they'd only been able to find the candy cane brand with the additional green stripe before the service, how they would have fudged the story for the young'uns. "...and the green is for the minty fresh breath that our saviour always has..."

Max "bad, very bad, I know" Renn

--------------------
Sister Ann: DRIVE! DRIVE
Crow T. Robot: Look, I'm already driving, there's no inherent quantity of driving that I can increase! If you want me to go faster, you should say so.

Posts: 579 | From: Toronto, Canada | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Capri
I Saw Three Shipments

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Capri   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Aw crap, and they had to use one of my favorite Christmas tunes too. When it comes to putting music with fwds, the music is the only thing worth saving if it's good. A friend of mine once sent me a Christmas chain mail that had "Let It Snow" in the background. I saved the music, replied to her that the midi was the only thing worth keeping and preventing me from killing her, and deleted the email. She laughed, but got the message.
Posts: 63 | From: Calgary, Alberta, Canada | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages