snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Urban Legends » Glurge Gallery » If he likes you...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: If he likes you...
Squishy0405
Wii Wiish You A Merry Chriistmas

Icon 04 posted      Profile for Squishy0405   Author's Homepage   E-mail Squishy0405   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
*Chow if necessary~copied from where else BUT myspace?*

if he/she likes you:

1. he will sit by you whenever he can

2. he always takes things from you and hides them

3. he makes eye contact as much as possible

4. he messes with your hair

5. he laughs at you just to see you smile and tell him to shut up!

6. he asks about your day

7. When the two of you have play fights, he always argues, no matter what

8. he sneaks up on you

9. his friends ask if youre going out yet
lol.

10. he tells you he loves you, and really means it

11. He purposly moves you down or off his friends list.

if she likes you:

1. she will wait for you.

2. she says hi to you EVERYTIME she sees you

3. she SMILES whenever she sees you

4. she walks as slow as she can when shes WITH you

5. she plays with YOUR HANDS just to see if you'll let her hold them

6. she teases you about stupid things

7. she ASKS you to go places with her

8. her friends ask you if you like her

9. her friends point at you when you're with her

10. she always "just happens" to be staring

'11. she CAN'T CONCENTRATE on anything else except the next time she'll get to see you

12. her HEART BEATS FASTER than normal at just the thought of your name

13. her friends dont understand why she's attracted to you, but she cant think of ANY REASON why she WOULDNT be attracted

14. she purposely says shes cold just to see if you'll hug her

15...and when you do... SHE WISHES YOU'D NEVER LET GO

16. she purposely moves you off or down her friends list.

.. now make a wish about the person you like <3

.now scroll down
...deleted pointless random scrolling design & "keep goin:...
sometime tomorrow something good will happen with that CERTAIN SOMEONE.. only if you repost =]
if your a girl repost this with- if he likes you...
if your a guy repost this with-if she likes you..

--------------------
"Fate is like a strange, unpopular resturant, filled with odd waiters who bring you things you never ask for and don't always like."-Lemony Snicket

Posts: 1119 | From: Bronx, NY | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Lilybet
Xboxing Day

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lilybet     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I love these lists. I like the idea that someone is doing all these things but you have to have this checklist to figure out that they're interested.

The guy I like doesn't do any of these things. Oh, snap!

--------------------
A day in the life: Human woman *** Frozen turkey

Posts: 1361 | From: Austin, Texas | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Izzy Quigley
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 212 posted      Profile for Izzy Quigley   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Or this could just be a sign that she thinks you're weird-looking.

quote:
Great...I'm imagining droves of desperate middle-school boys following girls around with stethoscopes.

--------------------
A Viennese fellow is walking along the Karntner Strasse and notices a banana peel lying in his path. "Alas," he sighs, "now I must slip and fall down!"

Posts: 506 | From: Missouri | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Ana Ng
Let There Be PCs on Earth

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ana Ng   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
...he tells you he loves you, and really means it...
Thank you, Captain Obvious.

--------------------
My great grandfather planted that tree!

Posts: 4862 | From: Brooklyn | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Rhea
We Three Blings

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rhea     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Squishy0405:

2. he always takes things from you and hides them

Isn't there a word for that? Oh yeah, theft. Makes you really popular with your potential SO.

quote:

9. his friends ask if youre going out yet
lol.

"going out yet lol" must be one of those American slang terms I don't fully understand yet.

quote:

11. He purposly moves you down or off his friends list.

"Honey, I love you so much that I took you off my MySpace friends list!" Ain't he charming.

quote:

That must be annoying during class...

quote:
As opposed to just dragging him with her if she doesn't like him?

quote:
"Who the hell is that monkeybutt with Ashley?"

quote:

13. her friends dont understand why she's attracted to you,

... as I was saying...

quote:
but she cant think of ANY REASON why she WOULDNT be attracted
... until she gets a peek into his gym locker.

quote:

Since this seems to be universal behavior, does that mean that everyone that does not have me on their friends-list has a crush on me? Because, I mean, we're talking about millions of people here.

quote:
.. now make a wish about the person you like <3
I wish that this person will never send me anything like this, because then I wouldn't like the person anymore and that would be a shame.

quote:
if your a girl
if your a guy

I would ask "If my a girl/guy what?" but I think this is one of the mysteries science will never solve.
Posts: 1201 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
TB Tabby
We Wish You a Merry Giftmas

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TB Tabby   E-mail TB Tabby   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I don't know what's worse...the thought of kids looking for all those signs in their lovers, or the thought of the kids using trying to do everything on this list in order to prove their love.

--------------------
I like to go down to the playground and watch the kids run and jump and scream, because they don't know I'm only using blanks.

Posts: 942 | From: Illinois | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
LeaflessMapleTree
The twelve shopping days 'til Christmas

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LeaflessMapleTree   E-mail LeaflessMapleTree   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Oh that's a relief. There are so many people I know who have accidentally told me that they are cold. And I didn't know whether to hug them or not.

--------------------
"For me, religion is like a rhinoceros: I don't have one, and I'd really prefer not to be trampled by yours. But it is impressive, and even beautiful, and, to be honest, the world would be slightly worse off if there weren't any."
-Silas Sparkhammer

Posts: 3239 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Cactus Wren
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cactus Wren   E-mail Cactus Wren   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Did it strike anyone as odd that every single item in the first list is about his behaviors, but the second list was interspersed with items about either the behaviors of third parties ("her friends ask you if you like her") or what's going on inside her head ("she CAN'T CONCENTRATE on anything else except the next time she'll get to see you")?

--------------------
“Just because your voice reaches halfway around the world doesn't mean you are wiser than when it reached only to the end of the bar.” -- Edward R. Murrow

IOToriSparrowANK!

Posts: 598 | From: Arizona | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
NZUL
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NZUL     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
That's because we've never been able to figure out exactly what is going on inside a boy's head.

--------------------
"We don't keep a certified whale-vomit expert on staff." - Larry Penny, Director, Natural Resources Department, Town of East Hampton

Posts: 377 | From: New Zealand | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Ink Rose
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ink Rose   Author's Homepage   E-mail Ink Rose   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
If he likes you, he'll come back to you no matter how many boyfriends you cheated on him with. He will call you day and night, and ignore that pesky restraining order.

(Reminds me of that scence where Cuddy threatens to call security on House's not-yet-legal stalker, and House deliberately tries to drive her batty ( as always) by yelling outside of the board meeting, "You can't stop our love!")

--------------------
Comic: http://elfhome.keenspace.com

Posts: 388 | From: Philadelphia, PA | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Ariadne
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ariadne   E-mail Ariadne   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Cactus Wren:
Did it strike anyone as odd that every single item in the first list is about his behaviors, but the second list was interspersed with items about either the behaviors of third parties ("her friends ask you if you like her") or what's going on inside her head ("she CAN'T CONCENTRATE on anything else except the next time she'll get to see you")?

Yes.

How the hell is the boy supposed to know if she likes him based on this? Not that the list is even close to accurate anyway, so maybe that's for the best.

--------------------
saxea ut effigies bacchantis prospicit eheu | prospicit et magnis curarum fluctuat undis
-Catullus

Posts: 435 | From: Iowa | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Shoebox
I Saw Three Shipments

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shoebox   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
4. she walks as slow as she can when shes WITH you.
Because she knows what's gonna happen when you get to your house?

quote:
13. her friends dont understand why she's attracted to you, but she cant think of ANY REASON why she WOULDNT be attracted.
She has intrinsically poor judgement and can be easily swayed by whichever random person she meets, you see.

--------------------
"Want you to know that if I had been there and they had of cooked you, I would not of eaten any." - Porkypine, Pogo

Posts: 71 | From: Toronto, Ontario | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Damian

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Damian   E-mail Damian   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by NZUL:
That's because we've never been able to figure out exactly what is going on inside a boy's head.

Cars, sports, sex, food. (Not always in that order).

--------------------
"I always tell the truth. Even when I lie." - Tony Montana

Posts: 890 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Little Rachael
I'm Dreaming of a White Sale

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Little Rachael   Author's Homepage   E-mail Little Rachael   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Maybe that's how they show they like each other in middle school.

I'd like to think we're a little more mature now.

*runs off to play her video games*

[Wink]

--------------------
If you're not a part of the solution, there's good money to be made in prolonging the problem.

Posts: 6 | From: Alaska | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Mickey Blue
Let There Be PCs on Earth

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mickey Blue     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Ok lets put it to the test shall we? I have a date tomorrow with a friend, lets run down the sheet and see if she "really likes me" or not:

quote:
1. she will wait for you.
Wait.. Where? Like if I'm in prison?

quote:
Well she does this, check one.

quote:
3. she SMILES whenever she sees you
Hey she does this too! Lets go for the hat trick..

quote:
4. she walks as slow as she can when shes WITH you
Its an emergency room.. Nobody walks slow.. Hmm..

quote:
5. she plays with YOUR HANDS just to see if you'll let her hold them
Nnnooo..

quote:
6. she teases you about stupid things
Eh.. Not really, not anymore then most people anyway.

quote:

Well, I had to ask HER out, so I guess thats a no on this one.. Jeez not doing so good.

quote:
8. her friends ask you if you like her
Nope.

quote:
Not that I've seen...

quote:
Well I mean she looks at me when she "smiles and says hi", but I wouldn't call it "staring"... I'll give it a half a check.

quote:
11. she CAN'T CONCENTRATE on anything else except the next time she'll get to see you
Christ I hope for the sake of her patients this one isn't true..

quote:

They call me Palpitation.. Mike, Palpitation.. Needless to say I havn't hooked her up to any ECG's lately.

quote:
13. her friends dont understand why she's attracted to you, but she cant think of ANY REASON why she WOULDNT be attracted
This one is a tad insulting now isn't it?

quote:
Nooo.....

quote:
15...and when you do... SHE WISHES YOU'D NEVER LET GO
Well since 14 is no this one is too I guess (not fair if you ask me) but how the heck would I know anyways?

quote:
Don't have myspace.

Huh.. I didn't do very well at all.. Perhaps it would be best to abandon this girl and move onto the next, though its getting colder outside so that will help me out on a couple of those, next up I just have to carry my stethoscope to more social events.

quote:
sometime tomorrow something good will happen with that CERTAIN SOMEONE.. only if you repost =]
Well I effectivly reposted it, the girl side at least, so do I get to choose that certain someone? Or is the likelyhood the same that a bariatric or geriatric patient will fall for me?

--------------------
"All people are responsible for the good that they didn't do"

Posts: 4774 | From: Virginia | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
invisigoth

Icon 1 posted      Profile for invisigoth   E-mail invisigoth   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
ok, show of hands, who else thought this had been written by either a serial killer of a 13 year old stalker?
Posts: 46 | From: DeLand, FL | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Ink Rose
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ink Rose   Author's Homepage   E-mail Ink Rose   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Hand shoots up into the air!

Oooh, pick me. Pick me! Pick meeeee memememememem!!!!

--------------------

Posts: 388 | From: Philadelphia, PA | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Spooky Cactus
I'll Be Home for After Christmas Sales

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spooky Cactus   E-mail Spooky Cactus   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ink Rose:
(Reminds me of that scence where Cuddy threatens to call security on House's not-yet-legal stalker, and House deliberately tries to drive her batty ( as always) by yelling outside of the board meeting, "You can't stop our love!")

[lol] Check out the latest episode (Merry Little Christmas) for a terrifying scene of House *flirting* with a patient's mother. Of course his style is not the one you'd see on most Myspace lists.

I could make one, actually...

If he likes you:

He will mock you mercilessly about your medical condition.

He will grin slightly whenever you snark back.

He'll play chicken with your daughter's life in order to get drugs.

--------------------
'When the world is dead and gone, we will still be Rocking On!' (J.P.McCartney)

Posts: 154 | From: Yorkshire, England | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
GenYus
Away in a Manager's Special

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GenYus   E-mail GenYus   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Izzy Quigley:
Great...I'm imagining droves of desperate middle-school boys following girls around with stethoscopes.

Considering where the business end of a stethoscope goes, I'm surprised this hasn't already happened.

--------------------
IIRC, it wasn't the shoe bomber's loud prayers that sparked the takedown by the other passengers; it was that he was trying to light his shoe on fire. Very, very different. Canuckistan

Posts: 3694 | From: Arizona | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
BlushingBride

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlushingBride     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Spooky Cactus:
quote:
Originally posted by Ink Rose:

[lol] Check out the latest episode (Merry Little Christmas) for a terrifying scene of House *flirting* with a patient's mother. Of course his style is not the one you'd see on most Myspace lists.

...so disappointed her character was married! The chemistry between her and House was amazing. Plus, she has kind of a female-House-but-charming vibe to her. I'd love to see her as a recurring character. (But that could just be because I'm fond of Meredith Eaton as an actress.)

--------------------
"In perfume, as in underwear, the scantiest of applications provides the greatest of returns." -Silas Sparkhammer

Posts: 858 | From: Arlington, Texas | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
ChelleGame

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ChelleGame   E-mail ChelleGame   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

...so disappointed her character was married! The chemistry between her and House was amazing. Plus, she has kind of a female-House-but-charming vibe to her. I'd love to see her as a recurring character. (But that could just be because I'm fond of Meredith Eaton as an actress.)

"Care to go for a spin?" [Smile]

They had really nice chemistry.

--------------------
Michelle

Posts: 953 | From: Ely, Minnesota | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Ink Rose
Deck the Malls

Awww man. My BIL tivo'd it so I have to wait until I get home to watch that episode, and I'm already several episodes behind. [Frown] But I can't wait! Seriously.

(Eyes bitorrent enviously) No! I will be strong! I will resist...

--------------------

Bramble Silvertree

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bramble Silvertree   E-mail Bramble Silvertree   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Hmm . . . DH only got 4 / 11. Should I be worried? According to the list, my marriage is destined to fail. Does anyone here know a good lawyer? I call dibs on the car!

--------------------
"Tout le monde est fou, sauf vous et moi."

Posts: 47 | From: California | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
ichabodius

Icon 202 posted      Profile for ichabodius   E-mail ichabodius   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Funny. I misread no. 1 for her as she will fart for you.
Posts: 1 | From: San Antonio, Texas | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
DevilBunny
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DevilBunny   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Let's see how the other half scores on this one...

he will sit by you whenever he can

Unless there's a computer in the offing.

he always takes things from you and hides them

Well, yes, but I think that has more to do with incompetence at remembering where he put them.

he makes eye contact as much as possible

Believe me, it ain't my eyes he's looking at.

he messes with your hair

What, 'I love you so I'm going to make you look really silly?'

he laughs at you just to see you smile and tell him to shut up!

He laughs at me, I shout at him, we end up sulking at opposite ends of the lounge.

he asks about your day

He more tells me about his...

When the two of you have play fights, he always argues, no matter what

Miss off the first clause and it's pretty accurate [Wink]

he sneaks up on you

Sneaks like a herd of elephants.

his friends ask if youre going out yet

I think all the kissing may have given that one away. Does his friends telling him to move in already count?

he tells you he loves you, and really means it

First part check, second part... if I could tell that I wouldn't need the rest of the checklist!

He purposly moves you down or off his friends list.

....no. Strangely enough.

Oh dear, it's not looking good...

--------------------
"For God has seven thousand names, and one of them is bastard"

Posts: 420 | From: UK | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages