snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Urban Legends » Glurge Gallery » Jesus Test

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Jesus Test
Kahuna Burger
I Saw Three Shipments

Icon 302 posted      Profile for Kahuna Burger   E-mail Kahuna Burger       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Got this from my Aunt (who, I must note, has never once sent me anything personal to me or actual information about her since she got my email addy). The silly clipart jesus images have been (sadly?) removed.

HE is the only one that can save this country from the ones that want him removed from the government. Our great nation will not stand if we delete HIM from all aspects of our government as the atheists want.

Jesus Test

This is an easy test, you score 100 or zero. It's your choice. If you aren't ashamed to do this, please follow the directions.

Jesus said, "if you are ashamed of me, I will be ashamed of you before my Father."

Not ashamed pass this on ... only if you mean it.

Yes, I do Love God.

He is my source of existence and Savior.

He keeps me functioning each and every day .

Without Him, I will be nothing.

Without Him, I am nothing but with Him I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Phil 4:13

This is the simplest test. . If you love God and are not ashamed of all the marvelous things he has done for you.....

Send this to ten people and the person who sent it to you!

Posts: 96 | From: Attleboro, MA | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Canuckistan
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 506 posted      Profile for Canuckistan   E-mail Canuckistan   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Jesus said, "if you are ashamed of me, I will be ashamed of you before my Father."
What if I'm just ashamed of the people who claim to be the friends of Jesus, but are really just around him because he's so popular? You know, the wannabe losers, who like to proclaim loudly that they're tight with the J-dawg?

Can I be ashamed of them and still get 100 on the test? Can I?

--------------------
People need to stop appropriating Jesus as their reason for behaving badly. It's so irritating. (Avril)

Posts: 8429 | From: New York run by the Swiss (Toronto) | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Doug4.7
Angels Wii Have Heard on High

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Doug4.7   E-mail Doug4.7   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Canuckistan:
quote:
What if I'm just ashamed of the people who claim to be the friends of Jesus, but are really just around him because he's so popular? You know, the wannabe losers, who like to proclaim loudly that they're tight with the J-dawg?

I would say yes, but others might disagree....

--------------------
And now for something completely different...

Posts: 4164 | From: Alabama | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
GenYus
Away in a Manager's Special

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GenYus   E-mail GenYus   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
quote:

No. For Matthew 25:44-45 says:

44 They also will answer, 'Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?'

45 He will reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did not do for one of My posse, you did not do for Me.'

--------------------
IIRC, it wasn't the shoe bomber's loud prayers that sparked the takedown by the other passengers; it was that he was trying to light his shoe on fire. Very, very different. Canuckistan

Posts: 3694 | From: Arizona | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Buckleupp
Away in a Manager

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Buckleupp   E-mail Buckleupp   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Somehow I suspect Jesus wouldn't be thrilled with this, but again, others might disagree...sometimes I believe that with every one of these types of emails that is forwarded, someone feels a little less guilty about never helping the poor, or about failing to forgive someone (me included). I know not everyone who forwards this is in that boat. But from what I know of Jesus, emailing just doesn't seem to be something he would have commanded or appreciated.

--------------------
HA! That's so funny I forgot to laugh...excluding that first Ha. -Stewie Griffin

Posts: 112 | From: Albuquerque, NM | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Fantine
I'm Dreaming of a White Sale

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fantine     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
[hijack]
Yesterday, after receiving something similar to the OP from her, I sent my younger sister an e-mail asking her to take me off her forward list. I don't know what she does at work all day that gives her time to constantly forward these stupid glurgy things. She responded, "Well, I'm sorry you suddenly find your family so much of a burden. I don't know why you hate me."
[/hijack]

--------------------
"I was raised to be charming, not sincere."
--Cinderella's Prince, Into the Woods, by Stephen Sondheim

Posts: 54 | From: Tacoma, WA | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
The Fourth Man
Deck the Malls

Icon 506 posted      Profile for The Fourth Man   E-mail The Fourth Man   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by GenYus:
quote:

No. For Matthew 25:44-45 says:

44 They also will answer, 'Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?'

45 He will reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did not do for one of My posse, you did not do for Me.'

But glurge forwarders are not hungry, or thirsty, or strangers, or needing clothes, or sick, or in prison. They need to STFU, so we should help them to STFU. [Smile]

--------------------
If you keep trying, you'll eventually succeed. Therefore, the more you fail, the higher your chances of success.
-- Jacques Rouxel, 1931-2004 RIP :(

Posts: 406 | From: Paris, France | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Doug4.7
Angels Wii Have Heard on High

Icon 506 posted      Profile for Doug4.7   E-mail Doug4.7   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Fantine:
"I don't know why you hate me."

Or Jesus.... [fish]

--------------------
And now for something completely different...

Posts: 4164 | From: Alabama | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
GenYus
Away in a Manager's Special

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GenYus   E-mail GenYus   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Fourth Man:
But glurge forwarders are not hungry, or thirsty, or strangers, or needing clothes, or sick, or in prison. They need to STFU, so we should help them to STFU. [Smile]

Updated version:

44 They also will answer, 'Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison or not getting an email, and did not help you?'

--------------------
IIRC, it wasn't the shoe bomber's loud prayers that sparked the takedown by the other passengers; it was that he was trying to light his shoe on fire. Very, very different. Canuckistan

Posts: 3694 | From: Arizona | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Kahuna Burger
I Saw Three Shipments

Icon 506 posted      Profile for Kahuna Burger   E-mail Kahuna Burger       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
[hijack]
Yesterday, after receiving something similar to the OP from her, I sent my younger sister an e-mail asking her to take me off her forward list. I don't know what she does at work all day that gives her time to constantly forward these stupid glurgy things. She responded, "Well, I'm sorry you suddenly find your family so much of a burden. I don't know why you hate me."
[/hijack]

That is so typical of glurgers... I have to admit I laughed at it, just because its so perfectly "I'm a self righteous forwarder"...
Posts: 96 | From: Attleboro, MA | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Fantine
I'm Dreaming of a White Sale

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fantine     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I have to admit that I laughed, too, Kahuna. It really is typical of glurgers. It seems to me that most of those things end by telling you if you don't forward it to a certain number of people, you have no heart or nobody loves you, implying that you're going to die friendless and alone (and will also probably go to hell).

And Doug4.7: YOMANK!

--------------------
"I was raised to be charming, not sincere."
--Cinderella's Prince, Into the Woods, by Stephen Sondheim

Posts: 54 | From: Tacoma, WA | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Shoebox
I Saw Three Shipments

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shoebox   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I love God and am not ashamed of all the marvelous things he has done for me.....

...and I'm still not going to forward this silly, pretentious email on.

[waits patiently for lightning bolt to strike]

--------------------
"Want you to know that if I had been there and they had of cooked you, I would not of eaten any." - Porkypine, Pogo

Posts: 71 | From: Toronto, Ontario | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Esprise Me
We Wish You a Merry Giftmas

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Esprise Me     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Doug4.7:
quote:
"I don't know why you hate me."

Or Jesus.... [fish]
I bet you hate America, too. And freedom. Why do you hate freedom so much?

I've mostly managed to distance myself from people like this, but every now and then, I get a little reminder that reactionary imbeciles are popping up everywhere, like rubber creatures in some cosmic Whack-A-Mole game. I fear for the future of the human race.

--------------------
"If God wrote it, the grammar must be infallible. Perhaps it is we who are mistaken." -MapleLeaf

Posts: 977 | From: Boston, MA | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Major D. Saster
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Major D. Saster         Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Kahuna Burger:
Our great nation will not stand if we delete HIM from all aspects of our government as the atheists want.

Atheists ?... like this one, maybe :

quote:
When a religion is good, I conceive that it will support itself; and, when it cannot support itself, and God does not take care to support, so that its professors are obliged to call for the help of the civil power, it is a sign, I apprehend, of its being a bad one.

Benjamin Franklin

...or this one :

quote:
...the path of true piety is so plain as to require but little political direction.

George Washington

..or this one :

quote:
"Is uniformity attainable? Millions of innocent men, women, and children, since the introduction of Christianity, have been burnt, tortured, fined, imprisoned; yet we have not advanced one inch towards uniformity. What has been the effect of coercion? To make one half the world fools and the other half hypocrites. To support roguery and error all over the earth."

Thomas Jefferson

... or this one :

quote:
"Where do we find a precept in the Bible for Creeds, Confessions, Doctrines and Oaths, and whole carloads of other trumpery that we find religion encumbered with in these days?"

John Adams

... or this one :

quote:
"As to religion, I hold it to be the indispensable duty of government to protect all conscientious protesters thereof, and I know of no other business government has to do therewith."

Thomas Paine

... or this one :

quote:
"During almost fifteen centuries has the legal establishment of Christianity been on trial. What have been its fruits? More or less in all places, pride and indolence in the Clergy, ignorance and servility in the laity; in both, superstition, bigotry and persecution."

James Madison

--------------------
Desperate, but not serious.

Posts: 689 | From: Confoederatio Helvetica | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Dog Friendly
Carol of the Bills

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dog Friendly   Author's Homepage   E-mail Dog Friendly   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Major D., that was brilliant. My profoundest compliments.

Dog (Jesus wept) Friendly

--------------------
"Nobody ever got stoned and beat up his old lady" -- Spence, snapdragonfly's friend

Posts: 768 | From: North Hollywood, CA | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
PallasAthena
Xboxing Day

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PallasAthena     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Major D,

Those people must really hate America. [Wink]

--------------------
"How do you make chocolate? You take dark chocolate, you mix it with white milk, and it becomes a delicious drink. That is the chocolate I am talking about." --Ray Nagin

Posts: 1325 | From: Missouri | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
DawnStorm
Let There Be PCs on Earth

Icon 217 posted      Profile for DawnStorm   E-mail DawnStorm   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Is this test multiple choice, true/false or essay?

--------------------
Leashes?! We don't need no stinking leashes!!

Posts: 4771 | From: The Berkeley of the East Coast: Montgomery County MD | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages