snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Urban Legends » Glurge Gallery » You are a Keeper!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: You are a Keeper!
BrianB
Happy Holly Days

Icon 105 posted      Profile for BrianB   E-mail BrianB   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I searched the Glurge Gallery, Inboxer Rebellion, Glurge Archive, and Inboxer Rebellion Archive forums and didn't find this one. However, chow me if you've seen this before.

TO A KEEPER!

... __/ /\____
, o`,/__/ _/\_ //____/\
```)( | | [1] | | [1]| | |[1] || |l
,- ,.-~~-., `-. :

One day someone's mother died.
And on that clear, cold morning,
in the warmth of her bedroom,
the daughter was struck with
the pain of learning that sometimes
There isn't any more.

No more hugs,
no more lucky moments to celebrate together,
no more phone calls just to chat,
No more "just one minute."

Sometimes, what we care about the most goes away.
never to return before we can say good-bye,
Say "I Love You."

... __/ /\____
, o`,/__/ _/\_ //____/\
,.- ,.-~~-., `-. :
So while we have it . . it's best we love it .
And care for it and fix it when it's broken .
and take good care of it when it's sick.

This is true for marriage .... and friendships ..

And children with bad report cards;
And dogs with bad hips;
And aging parents and grandparents.
We keep them because they are worth it,
Because we cherish them!

.... __/ /\____
, o` ,/__/ _/\_ //____/\
,.- ,.-~ ~-., `-. :
Some things we keep --
like a best friend who moved away
or a classmate we grew up with.
There are just some things that
make us happy, No matter what.

.. __/ /\____
, o`,/__/ _/\_ //____/\
,.- ,.-~~-., `-. :
Life is important,
and so are the people we know .
And so, we keep them close!

... __/ /\____
, o`,/__/ _/\_ //____/\
,.- ,.-~~-., `-. :
I received this from someone today
who thought I was a 'KEEPER'!

Then I sent It to the people !
I Think of in the same way!

Now it's your turn to send this to all those people
who Are "keepers" in your life!

... __/ /\____
, o`,/__/ _/\_ //____/\
,.- ,.-~~-., ` -. :

Thank you very much
For being a special part of MY Life!

... __/ /\____
, o`,/__/ _/\_ //____/\
,..- ,.-~~-., `-. :

You are a Keeper!

"Life moves pretty fast.
If you don't stop and look around once in awhile,
you could miss it."

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle"

THIS IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE REST OF YOUR LIFE, MAKE THE BEST OF IT, AND ENJOY IT.

Brian

--------------------
"Dear Big Foot Smellers: Please don't quote me on some of this information." John F. Winston

Posts: 1707 | From: Camarillo, CA | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
franjava
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for franjava     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I love how it quotes "Ferris Beuler's Day Off."
How can they possibly turn a trouble-making-truant's quote into glurgey goodness? BLECH!

--------------------
Never eat anything given to you by a toddler.

Posts: 258 | From: Rochester, NY | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
TB Tabby
We Wish You a Merry Giftmas

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TB Tabby   E-mail TB Tabby   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Anybody got any ideas as to what that ASCII was supposed to be?

--------------------
I like to go down to the playground and watch the kids run and jump and scream, because they don't know I'm only using blanks.

Posts: 942 | From: Illinois | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
christmas tree kitapper
It Came Upon a Midnight Clearance

Icon 1 posted      Profile for christmas tree kitapper     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TB Tabby:
Anybody got any ideas as to what that ASCII was supposed to be?

It's a house with a tree on the lefthand side and a graveyard on the righthand side.

--------------------
"I have never in my life been more disappointed by a politician I voted for than I have been with George Bush. He is a total liberal."- overheard by me on the shuttle to the U of A game on Nov. 11th.

Posts: 3878 | From: Tucson, AZ | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Nonny Mouse, on Santa's laptop
Once in Royal Circuit City

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nonny Mouse, on Santa's laptop   Author's Homepage   E-mail Nonny Mouse, on Santa's laptop   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Am I supposed to be touched by the fact that someone thinks I'm a little rubber cup that does the same job as a tampon?

Nonny

--------------------
When there isn't anything else worth analyzing, we examine our collective navel. I found thirty-six cents in change in mine the other day. Let no one say that there is no profit in philosophy. -- Silas Sparkhammer

Posts: 10141 | From: Toronto, Ontario | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Shoebox
I Saw Three Shipments

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shoebox   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I just find it kinda annoying that so many people think I'm incapable of appreciating life until I'm reminded via some crappy email poetry. I mean, if I'm keeping these people close because I cherish them, I don't need it, and if I'm actually only keeping Gramma around because that way I have a better shot at the insurance money, I'm not likely to pay attention to it.

So...the only purpose of stuff like this is to aggravate people, 'specially people who're already swamped at work but have to check their emails anyhow because it might be something important, not that I am hopelessly bitter or anything.

--------------------
"Want you to know that if I had been there and they had of cooked you, I would not of eaten any." - Porkypine, Pogo

Posts: 71 | From: Toronto, Ontario | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Kahuna Burger
I Saw Three Shipments

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kahuna Burger   E-mail Kahuna Burger       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Non-Aquatic Mouse:
Am I supposed to be touched by the fact that someone thinks I'm a little rubber cup that does the same job as a tampon?

Nonny

Hey, they think you are comfortable, ecomonomical and less likely to cause toxic shock. Thats quite the compliment!
Posts: 96 | From: Attleboro, MA | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Little Rachael
I'm Dreaming of a White Sale

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Little Rachael   Author's Homepage   E-mail Little Rachael   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I love (or hate, one of the two) how the people who send these to me are the ones who never contact me for anything else. Apparently I'm only worth "keeping" so they can avoid bad luck by sending ME this crap instead of their real friends who would throw them through the wall if they did try such a thing.

--------------------
If you're not a part of the solution, there's good money to be made in prolonging the problem.

Posts: 6 | From: Alaska | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Kahuna Burger
I Saw Three Shipments

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kahuna Burger   E-mail Kahuna Burger       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Little Rachael:
I love (or hate, one of the two) how the people who send these to me are the ones who never contact me for anything else. Apparently I'm only worth "keeping" so they can avoid bad luck by sending ME this crap instead of their real friends who would throw them through the wall if they did try such a thing.

hey, good to know I'm not the only one! When trying to get a 'friend' to stop spamming me, I've said a couple of times "I'd really like to hear from you, how you and the critters are doing." It seems to be slowly taking.
Posts: 96 | From: Attleboro, MA | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Ramblin' Dave, quietly making noise
Markdown, the Herald Angels Sing

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ramblin' Dave, quietly making noise   Author's Homepage   E-mail Ramblin' Dave, quietly making noise   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I'll third that! I have a friend living here in France whom I haven't seen since 1999. Since I moved here in August, I've gotten a number of e-mails like this one from her and her husband (though not this particular one), but when it comes to visits or meeting up for coffee in Paris or even an e-mail saying how they've been doing...nothing! The irony hadn't even occurred to me until just now, to tell you the truth!

--------------------
Another lifetime I'd have fallen in love with you
Swept away by my feelings, ashamed and confused
But just now it's enough to be walking with you
Let the mystery play as it will! -Lui Collins

Posts: 2669 | From: Jouy en Josas, France | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages