snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Urban Legends » Glurge Gallery » She was pushed!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: She was pushed!
Squishy0405
Wii Wiish You A Merry Chriistmas

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Squishy0405   Author's Homepage   E-mail Squishy0405   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
http://www.snopes.com/horrors/ghosts/winstead.asp

*Ahh another myspace "coming to get cha" heheh*

About 6 years ago in Indiana, Carmen Winstead was Pushed down a sewer opening by 5 girls in her school, trying to embarrass her in front of her school during a fire drill. When she didnt resurface the police were called. They went down and brought up 17 year old Carmen Winsteads Body, her Neck broken from hitting the ladder, then the side concrete at the bottom. The girls told everyone That she fell... They beleived them.
Tazalyn Silvercat: About 6 years ago in Indiana, Carmen Winstead was Pushed down a sewer opening by 5 girls in her school, trying to embarrass her in front of her school during a fire drill. When she didnt resurface the police were called. They went down and brought up 17 year old Carmen Winsteads Body, her Neck broken from hitting the ladder, then the side concrete at the bottom. The girls told everyone That she fell... They beleived them.

FACT: 2 months ago, 16 year old David Gregory read this post, and didnt repost it. When he went to take a shower he heard laughter from his shower, He started freaking out and ran to his computer to repost it. He said godnight to his mom and went to sleep, 5 hours later His mom woke up in the middle of the night because of a loud noise. David was gone, that morning a few hours later the police found him in the sewer His neck Broken and Face skin peeled off.

If you dont repost this saying
"She was pushed!" Or " They Pushed her down a sewer"

Then Carmen will get you, either from a sewer, the toilet, the shower, or you will go to sleep and wake up in the sewer, in the dark then Carmen will come and kill you.

--------------------
"Fate is like a strange, unpopular resturant, filled with odd waiters who bring you things you never ask for and don't always like."-Lemony Snicket

Posts: 1119 | From: Bronx, NY | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
qualli
We Wish You a Merry Giftmas

Icon 1 posted      Profile for qualli   E-mail qualli   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Face Skin would make a good name for a band

--------------------
"I still say Obi-wan Kenobi was The Force's bitch."

Posts: 820 | From: North Carolina | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Dragon's Jewel
I Saw Three Shipments

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dragon's Jewel   E-mail Dragon's Jewel   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Or Sewer Pushers

--------------------
Tyger, Tyger burning bright
In the forest of the night
What immortal hand or eye
Hath framed thy fearful symmetry?

Posts: 74 | From: Charlotte, NC | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Major D. Saster
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Major D. Saster         Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
"Ghost out of the Toilet" would be a cool title for a cheap horror flick.

--------------------
Desperate, but not serious.

Posts: 689 | From: Confoederatio Helvetica | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
trollface
The Bills of St. Mary's

Icon 1 posted      Profile for trollface   Author's Homepage   E-mail trollface   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Why wouldn't she go after the girls that actually killed her?

--------------------
seriously , everyone on here , just trys to give someone crap about something they do !! , its shitting me to tears.

Posts: 16061 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Neffti Noel
We Three Blings

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Neffti Noel     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by trollface:
Why wouldn't she go after the girls that actually killed her?

Well obviously they'd forwarded the email in the correct manner! [lol]
Posts: 1157 | From: Westcountry UK "It's Bootiful" | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Artemis
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Artemis   E-mail Artemis   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
If the kid actually did forward the email, why did he still die?

I think whoever wrote this must have seen Ring 2.

--------------------
"You can't play Electro-magnetic Golf according to the rules of Centrifugal Bumble Puppy."
-Mustapha Mond, "Brave New World"

Posts: 679 | From: New York | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Brandi
Little Sales Drummer Boy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brandi     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
This isn't glurge. It should be in Horrors.
Posts: 2787 | From: California | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
atimnie
I Saw Three Shipments

Icon 1 posted      Profile for atimnie   E-mail atimnie       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Kinda splitting hairs there. [Big Grin]
Posts: 70 | From: Chicago, IL | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Hastings
I'm Dreaming of a White Sale

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hastings   E-mail Hastings   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Tazalyn Silvercat would be an excellent name for a character in a fantasy novel.
Posts: 45 | From: Edinburgh, Scotland | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Drainfluid
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Drainfluid   E-mail Drainfluid   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
If the ghost gets you in the shower, how did it get David when he was sleeping? Did he sleep in the shower?
Posts: 305 | From: South Africa | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Samantha Vimes
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Samantha Vimes   E-mail Samantha Vimes   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
It's Moaning Myrtle!
Posts: 457 | From: Sacramento, CA | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
MissEltoe
We Wish You a Merry Giftmas

Icon 105 posted      Profile for MissEltoe     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
So far (according to myspace) I should have been murdered in my bed by little girls, the devil, or some other unknown force many, many times over. [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
Licorice of the Lord! This is classy stuff...Should I be wearing a tie? Or, at least, pants?
~I'mNotDedalus

Posts: 975 | From: New Jersey | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Artemis
The First USA Noel

Icon 604 posted      Profile for Artemis   E-mail Artemis   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Drainfluid:
If the ghost gets you in the shower, how did it get David when he was sleeping? Did he sleep in the shower?

She's covering all her bases...

quote:
Then Carmen will get you, either from a sewer, the toilet, the shower, or you will go to sleep and wake up in the sewer, in the dark then Carmen will come and kill you.

--------------------
"You can't play Electro-magnetic Golf according to the rules of Centrifugal Bumble Puppy."
-Mustapha Mond, "Brave New World"

Posts: 679 | From: New York | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Ieuan ab Arthur
The First USA Noel

Icon 01 posted      Profile for Ieuan ab Arthur     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Hi All:

OK, if everyone believes that the girls suddenly decided to do a one-and-one-half gainer down the sewer, how does the writer of this glurge know it was murder? How does the writer have such intricate details about the injuries suffered? Was she one of the "five girls?" Or if the writer wasn't involved in the murder, isn't it a crime to withhold evidence in such a situation? I think that the glurger got some 'splainin to do [Big Grin]

Ta ra 'wan,

Ieuan "expects a daily allotment of logic in his glurge" ab Arthur

--------------------
"I e-mail or I don't e-mail. The magic just happens" - From OP in We've Got Mail

Y Gwir Yn Erbyn Y Byd

Posts: 626 | From: Toronto, Ontario | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Aussie Girl
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aussie Girl   E-mail Aussie Girl   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Artemis:
If the kid actually did forward the email, why did he still die?

I think whoever wrote this must have seen Ring 2.

He died because he had already heard her laughter. Too late for you David!. But now the poor saps you sent it on to will have your death to show them they should all forward this on!!11!!1

If he was dead before anyone found him, how does the author know he heard laughter in the shower? I agree with Ieuan ab Arthur: This glurger has some explaining to do.

--------------------
You have just been involved in a drive-by posting.

Posts: 204 | From: CQ, Australia | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Arriah
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arriah   E-mail Arriah   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
but... but... You guys are just missing the point! You must repost the glurge! You never know what could happen if you don't. You could hear a funny noise or have a bad dream or god might kill someone totally unrelated!

--------------------
Conforming meant that everyone liked you except yourself
Rebecca

Posts: 682 | From: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
callee
It Came Upon a Midnight Clearance

Icon 1 posted      Profile for callee         Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
wow, why is this thread getting like a million visitors? weirdo internet lurkers...

--------------------
a moment for old friends now estranged, victims of the flux of alliances and changing perceptions. There was something there once, and that something is worth honoring as well. - John Carroll

Posts: 3375 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Ana Ng
Let There Be PCs on Earth

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ana Ng   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
How can you tell the thread has visitors?

--------------------
My great grandfather planted that tree!

Posts: 4862 | From: Brooklyn | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Em
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Em   E-mail Em   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
By looking at the Recent Visitors page.

--------------------
What the NFBSK does YOMANK mean?

Posts: 1646 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Halfmad
I Am Curious, Yellowtail

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Halfmad     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Um...what did I miss? Why was his face skin peeled off?

--------------------
"I'm sellin' leather pants in the Ozarks!"

Posts: 8 | From: Cincinnati, OH | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages