snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Urban Legends » Glurge Gallery » The Second Coming - Awesome.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The Second Coming - Awesome.
TrishDaDish
Let There Be PCs on Earth

Icon 215 posted      Profile for TrishDaDish   Author's Homepage   E-mail TrishDaDish   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
This is AWESOME!!!
The Second Coming

Actually, this one's pretty straight forward. If you click the info about The Second Coming, it pretty much repeats what the animation says, except it keeps saying, "It's in the Bible.", like you're a moron. Each. Bloody. Paragraph.

--------------------
I would prefer not to.
My blog

Posts: 4789 | From: Rhode Island | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
erinker74
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for erinker74   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Sweet! I love the little silhouettes flying with their arms spread in the air!

I love a good fairy tale... [Big Grin]

--------------------
"I bet a funny thing about driving a car off a cliff is, while you're in midair,
you still hit those brakes. Hey, better try the emergency brake." -Deep Thoughts by Jack Handey

Posts: 245 | From: Gladstone, MO | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Canuckistan
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 506 posted      Profile for Canuckistan   E-mail Canuckistan   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by erinker74:

It's in the Bible. [fish] [Big Grin]

--------------------
People need to stop appropriating Jesus as their reason for behaving badly. It's so irritating. (Avril)

Posts: 8429 | From: New York run by the Swiss (Toronto) | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
GenYus
Away in a Manager's Special

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GenYus   E-mail GenYus   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Has anyone ever played the online game where you defend your castle from attackers by picking up the attackers and dropping them?

I was trying to do that to the people in that animation.

--------------------
IIRC, it wasn't the shoe bomber's loud prayers that sparked the takedown by the other passengers; it was that he was trying to light his shoe on fire. Very, very different. Canuckistan

Posts: 3694 | From: Arizona | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
TrishDaDish

Icon 304 posted      Profile for TrishDaDish   Author's Homepage   E-mail TrishDaDish   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Canuckistan:
quote:
Originally posted by erinker74:

It's in the Bible. [fish] [Big Grin]
No no no no. You forgot the italics, like on the website: It's in the Bible.

More pop! More zing! More zazz!

--------------------
I would prefer not to.
My blog

Posts: 4789 | From: Rhode Island | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Canuckistan

Icon 506 posted      Profile for Canuckistan   E-mail Canuckistan   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TrishDaDish:

More inducing of nausea!

(And Trish, very nice use of alliteration and exclamation points.)

--------------------
People need to stop appropriating Jesus as their reason for behaving badly. It's so irritating. (Avril)

Posts: 8429 | From: New York run by the Swiss (Toronto) | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
FireSpook
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FireSpook   E-mail FireSpook   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I have a question, seeing as the earth is a) round and b) mountiianns exist, how can 'ever' eyes see him?

--------------------
WARNING
The message above may have statements that only make sense in this user's mind.

Read at your own risk.

Posts: 667 | From: Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Jay Temple
It Came Upon a Midnight Clearance

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jay Temple     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Duh. Everyone will have migrated to one side of the Earth and be standing in a spot where mountains don't obstruct the view.

--------------------
"Well, it looks we're on our own ... again."--Rev. Lovejoy

Posts: 3572 | From: St. Louis, MO | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Cactus Wren
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cactus Wren   E-mail Cactus Wren   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Am I the only one who thought that in that first shot, Jesus is flying into the air on the power of his burning farts?

No, I've got it already: [fish]

--------------------
“Just because your voice reaches halfway around the world doesn't mean you are wiser than when it reached only to the end of the bar.” -- Edward R. Murrow

IOToriSparrowANK!

Posts: 598 | From: Arizona | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
TrishDaDish

Icon 607 posted      Profile for TrishDaDish   Author's Homepage   E-mail TrishDaDish   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Canuckistan:
quote:
Originally posted by TrishDaDish:

More inducing of nausea!

(And Trish, very nice use of alliteration and exclamation points.)

Great, now I have that "Church bells" skit from my Monty Python tape playing in my head. "You don't see Shintos shouting in the s***house! You don't see..."

Trish "I stole the 'More zazz!' line from The Simpsons" DaDish

--------------------
I would prefer not to.
My blog

Ink Rose
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ink Rose   Author's Homepage   E-mail Ink Rose   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Even if I turned something like this into my most lenient teacher he'd fail me. That's how bad it is. I turned in a nonsense whipped up in 2 minutes symbol animation for god's sake and still got an A-.

[Roll Eyes]

--------------------
Comic: http://elfhome.keenspace.com

Posts: 388 | From: Philadelphia, PA | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
NZUL
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NZUL     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Firestorm, Shogun:
I have a question, seeing as the earth is a) round and b) mountiianns exist, how can 'ever' eyes see him?

Through the miracle that is modern television.

Of course, TV isn't reaching the entire world yet. Jesus ain't coming back till the pygmies and the starving Biafran children get pay per view!

--------------------
"We don't keep a certified whale-vomit expert on staff." - Larry Penny, Director, Natural Resources Department, Town of East Hampton

Posts: 377 | From: New Zealand | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Major D. Saster
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Major D. Saster         Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Funny.

Makes me think of this episode of "Six feet Under" where all these helium-inflated sex dolls accidentally fly off a truck and an old lady believes it's the Rapture... she rushes over the street screaming "Jesus take me !" and is run over by a car.

--------------------
Desperate, but not serious.

Posts: 689 | From: Confoederatio Helvetica | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
NZUL
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NZUL     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
That story sure gets around. [Smile]

--------------------
"We don't keep a certified whale-vomit expert on staff." - Larry Penny, Director, Natural Resources Department, Town of East Hampton

Posts: 377 | From: New Zealand | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Communication Attempt
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Communication Attempt   E-mail Communication Attempt       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
You know,the way they describe the second coming of Christ is pretty much the way you you could describe a nuclear explosion.Bright lights,big noise and everyone goes up in the air!

--------------------
"I love God,he's so deliciously evil!" -Stewie,Family Guy

The fun thing about standards is that they come in so many varieties.

Posts: 510 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
ToriSparrow
I'm Dreaming of a White Sale

Icon 16 posted      Profile for ToriSparrow   E-mail ToriSparrow   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Cactus Wren:
Am I the only one who thought that in that first shot, Jesus is flying into the air on the power of his burning farts?

No, I've got it already: [fish]

YOMANK!

--------------------
"For all sad words of tongue and pen, the saddest are these, 'It might have been.'"
-John Greenleaf Whittier

Posts: 10 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Drainfluid
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Drainfluid   E-mail Drainfluid   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Its amusing how they have to take different sentences from different parts of the Bible and then rearrange them completely out of order to make a coherent message.
Posts: 305 | From: South Africa | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Barbara R.
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Barbara R.   E-mail Barbara R.   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
The passage in Acts merely says that Jesus was "taken up." I have always wondered if he really did literally fly away UP into the sky as so many literalists say he did.

Also, the passages in Matthew 24 about rumors of wars, etc. were fulfilled in 70 C.E. when the Romans sacked Jerusalem and destroyed the temple during the Jewish Wars. However premillennialists insist that this passage is still unfulfilled.

Barbara R.

Posts: 378 | From: Boonville, Missouri USA | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Canuckistan

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Canuckistan   E-mail Canuckistan   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Barbara R.:
Also, the passages in Matthew 24 about rumors of wars, etc. were fulfilled in 70 C.E. when the Romans sacked Jerusalem and destroyed the temple during the Jewish Wars. However premillennialists insist that this passage is still unfulfilled.

Thanks for bring that up, Barbara. I've often wondered about that myself: why, when there has been war almost consistently in the past two millenia, would the Bible specifically refer to this era. Same with diseases and the other precursors to Jesus' imminent return.

--------------------

TrishDaDish

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TrishDaDish   Author's Homepage   E-mail TrishDaDish   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Because when those wars/diseases/earthquakes/etc happened, God didn't show up! So those were obviously false prophets talking, saying it was foretold and God was coming! When it happens next week, boy, won't you feel stupid for not seeing the obvious!!!

And they've all been dead for thousands of years! They didn't have the technology to know when God was gonna come back and kick the world's ass! But we do! It's all so obvious people!!!

Trish "Padded cell #15" DaDish

--------------------
I would prefer not to.
My blog

Ink Rose
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ink Rose   Author's Homepage   E-mail Ink Rose   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
GenYus, you're thinking of Defend Your Castle, as found on XGenStudios
and I am glad I was not the only once with the insane urge to smash their bodies leaving little puddles of bloood [Big Grin]

--------------------
Comic: http://elfhome.keenspace.com

Posts: 388 | From: Philadelphia, PA | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
SweetieBird
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SweetieBird     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
After seeing that I am inspired to commit suicide.

--------------------
"Bad grammar makes me [sic]" -- seen on a t-shirt

Posts: 319 | From: Upstate NY | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
DevilBunny
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DevilBunny   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
So let me get this straight...

Jesus reappears and all the cities turn into graveyards.

Yay?

--------------------
"For God has seven thousand names, and one of them is bastard"

Posts: 420 | From: UK | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages