snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Urban Legends » Glurge Gallery » This is beautiful, try not to cry

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: This is beautiful, try not to cry
Oceanic Aura
The First USA Noel

Icon 08 posted      Profile for Oceanic Aura   Author's Homepage   E-mail Oceanic Aura   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
***I don't usually post anything in these forums, but this was too good to let go. Chow me if neccessary! Oh, and the title is what I was meant to repost this as. [lol] Why do I love myspace?***

She jumped up as soon as she saw

the surgeon

come out of the operating room. She said: "How is

my little boy? Is he going to be all right? When can

I see him?"

The surgeon said, "I'm sorry. We did all we could,

but your boy didn't make it."

Sally said, "Why do little children get cancer?

Doesn't God care any more? Where were you,

God, when my son needed you?"

The surgeon asked, "Would you like some time

alone with your son? One of the nurses will be out

in a few minutes, before he's transported to the

university."

Sally asked the nurse to stay with her while she

said good-bye to son. She ran her fingers lovingly

through his thick red curly hair.

"Would you like a lock of his hair?" the nurse

asked.

Sally nodded yes. The nurse cut a lock of the

boy's hair, put it in a plastic bag and handed it to

Sally. The mother said, "It was Jimmy's idea to

donate his body to the University for Study. He

said it might help somebody else. "I said no at

first, but Jimmy said, 'Mom, I won't be using it after

I die. Maybe it will help some other little boy spend

one more day with his Mom." She went on, "My

Jimmy had a heart of gold. Always thinking of

someone else. Always wanting to help others if he

could."

Sally walked out of Children's mercy Hospital for

the last time, after spending most of the last six

months there. She put the bag with Jimmy's

belongings on the seat beside her in the car. The

drive home was difficult. It was even harder to

enter

the empty house. She carried Jimmy's belongings,

and the plastic bag with the lock of his hair to her

son's room. She started placing the model cars

and other personal things back in his room exactly

where he had always kept them. She laid down

across his bed and, hugging his pillow, cried

herself to sleep.

It was around midnight when Sally awoke. Laying

beside her on the bed was a folded letter. The

letter said:

"Dear Mom, I know you're going to miss me; but

don't think that I will ever forget you, or stop

loving you, just 'cause I'm not around to say I LOVE

YOU. I will always love you, Mom, even more with

each day. Someday we will see each other again.

Until then, if you want to adopt a little boy so you

won't be so lonely, that's okay with me. He can

have my room and old stuff to play with. But, if you

decide to get a girl instead, she probably wouldn't

like the same things us boys do. You'll have to buy

her dolls and stuff girls like, you know. Don't be

sad thinking about me. This really is a neat place.

Grandma and Grandpa met me as soon as I got

here and showed me around some, but it will take

a long time to see everything. The angels are so

cool. I love to watch them fly. And, you know

what? Jesus doesn't look like any of his pictures.

Yet, when I saw Him, I knew it was Him. Jesus

himself took me to see GOD! And guess what,

Mom? I got to sit on God's knee and talk to Him,

like I was somebody important. That's when I told

Him that I wanted to write you a letter, to tell you

good-bye and everything. But I already knew that

wasn't allowed. Well, you know what Mom? God

handed me some paper and His own personal pen

to write you this letter. I think Gabriel is the name

of the angel who is going to drop this letter off to

you. God said for me to give you the answer to

one of the questions you asked Him 'Where was He

when I needed him?' "God said He was in the

same place with me, as when His son Jesus was

on the cross. He was right there, as He always is

with all His children.

Oh, by the way, Mom, no one else can see what

I've written except you. To everyone else this is

just a blank piece of paper. Isn't that cool? I have

to give God His pen back now. He needs it to write

some more names in the Book of Life. Tonight I

get to sit at the table with Jesus for supper. I'm,

sure the food will be great.

Oh, I almost forgot to tell you. I don't hurt anymore.

The cancer is all gone. I'm glad because I couldn't

stand that pain anymore and God couldn't stand to

see me hurt so much, either. That's when He sent

The Angel of Mercy to come get me. The Angel

said I was a Special Delivery! How about that?

Signed with Love from God, Jesus & Me.

(Let's see Satan stop this one.) Take 60-seconds

and repost this, within the hour, you will have

caused a multitude of believers to pray to God for

each other. Then sit back and feel the Holy Spirit

work in your life for doing what you know God

loves

"When you're down to nothing, God is up to

something."

--------------------
"Are we talking misdemeanor trouble or squeal like a pig trouble?"

Posts: 618 | From: Ann Arbor, Michigan | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Oceanic Aura
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Oceanic Aura   Author's Homepage   E-mail Oceanic Aura   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Oceanic Aura:
(Let's see Satan stop this one.)

I don't think even Lucifer could prevent the spread of this saptastic trash-heap.

I hate to respond to my own post, but I just caught that, and my humor could not be contained! [Big Grin]

--------------------

Posts: 618 | From: Ann Arbor, Michigan | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
erinker74
Deck the Malls

Icon 107 posted      Profile for erinker74   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
"Let's see Satan stop this one!"

The Father of All Lies doesn't like challenges to his manhood!

That's the best line I have seen in a while!

--------------------
"I bet a funny thing about driving a car off a cliff is, while you're in midair,
you still hit those brakes. Hey, better try the emergency brake." -Deep Thoughts by Jack Handey

Posts: 245 | From: Gladstone, MO | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Rob D / Blackwolf, the yule dodo
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rob D / Blackwolf, the yule dodo   Author's Homepage   E-mail Rob D / Blackwolf, the yule dodo   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
within the hour, you will have

caused a multitude of believers to pray to God for

each other.

And you have filled a large ammount of empty trashbins in email accounts. They no longer feel unwanted and lonely.
But on the other hand.. It doesnt say WHAT the believers pray for? Deliverance from forwarded glurges? If that would work, one might be tempted to start some knee-mail to the big boss up there.

--------------------
~Reality, the refuge of those who fail in RPGs~
aka Darkfist Dragon
-==(UDIC)==-

Posts: 334 | From: Lancaster, Ohio | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
VersesBatman
Markdown, the Herald Angels Sing

Icon 1 posted      Profile for VersesBatman     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Blech! Yeah, I tried not to cry. Tears of boredom that is.

--------------------
It's like they took a bunch of movies, put them in a blender and turned it on really fast!-Mystery Science Theater 3000

Posts: 2603 | From: Magna, Utah | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Aussie Girl
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aussie Girl   E-mail Aussie Girl   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
God never actually answered the question about WHY little kids get cancer, did he? Since he was in such a telling mood, why not let little Jimmy tell his mother that?

Come on, God. Fess up!

--------------------
You have just been involved in a drive-by posting.

Posts: 204 | From: CQ, Australia | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Eddylizard
We Wish You a Merry Giftmas

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eddylizard     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Tonight I

Marvellous. The new arrival gets to sit at the 'Captains Table.'

--------------------
"Ladies and gentlemen, this is what is commonly known as money. It comes in all sizes, colours, and denominations - like people."

Posts: 997 | From: Maidstone, UK | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Brandi
Little Sales Drummer Boy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brandi     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
quote:
(Let's see Satan stop this one.)

I don't think even Lucifer could prevent the spread of this saptastic trash-heap.

Prevent it? It's his best recruiting tool since Chick tracts!
Posts: 2787 | From: California | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Squishy0405
Wii Wiish You A Merry Chriistmas

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Squishy0405   Author's Homepage   E-mail Squishy0405   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I saw this one as well but its out of my realm of teenage love & murder glurge but I thought it was already on snopes as well...

ETA: nothing on the main but I found this

Sick Kid-a-Chow with Chow included!!

--------------------
"Fate is like a strange, unpopular resturant, filled with odd waiters who bring you things you never ask for and don't always like."-Lemony Snicket

Posts: 1119 | From: Bronx, NY | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Jay Temple
It Came Upon a Midnight Clearance

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jay Temple     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
When the story mentions transporting him to the university, I remembered the old joke, "It's the only way I can get into Harvard."

--------------------
"Well, it looks we're on our own ... again."--Rev. Lovejoy

Posts: 3572 | From: St. Louis, MO | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
SantasHobbit
Frosty the Salesman

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SantasHobbit     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Eddylizard:
quote:
Tonight I

Yeah, but in a week's time he'll being moaning, "Aw Jesus, not loaves and fish again."

--------------------
Angsty little hobbitssssses

Posts: 336 | From: Perth, Western Australia | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Communication Attempt
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Communication Attempt   E-mail Communication Attempt       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

just a blank piece of paper.

I can just imagine the poor hysterical woman trying to convince people a blank piece of paper is a message from his dead son (written with God's pen no less!)

What is it about children being with God/Angels that's so glurgy?

--------------------
"I love God,he's so deliciously evil!" -Stewie,Family Guy

The fun thing about standards is that they come in so many varieties.

Posts: 510 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Jay Temple

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jay Temple     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by SatansHobbit:
quote:
Originally posted by Eddylizard:
quote:
Tonight I

Yeah, but in a week's time he'll being moaning, "Aw Jesus, not loaves and fish again."
OTOH, he gets to drink wine way before he turns 21.

--------------------
"Well, it looks we're on our own ... again."--Rev. Lovejoy

Posts: 3572 | From: St. Louis, MO | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Oceanic Aura
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Oceanic Aura   Author's Homepage   E-mail Oceanic Aura   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by SatansHobbit:

quote:
That conjures up images of my favorite King of the Hill episode.

"Good morning, ladies and gentlemen, I am the Amazing Jesus, son of God and master of prestidigitation! Has this ever happened to you? Your followers want a glass of wine, but all you have is water. Well, if you're the Amazing Jesus, no problem! Water into wine! It's a miracle! John 2:11. Thank you. Now you're going to need something to go with all this wine, maybe some bread. But how are you going to feed all these hungry people with just one slice? No problem, if you're the Amazing Jesus! Amen! It's a miracle, ladies and gentlemen! Mark 6:44. Thank you! Now, for my next miracle, I'll need a large wooden cross and a couple of volunteers."

[lol]

Aura

--------------------

Ink Rose
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ink Rose   Author's Homepage   E-mail Ink Rose   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Satan can't stop this! No matter how many times he hits DELETE it spawns faster then his fingers can move!

--------------------
Comic: http://elfhome.keenspace.com

Posts: 388 | From: Philadelphia, PA | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
TB Tabby
We Wish You a Merry Giftmas

Icon 107 posted      Profile for TB Tabby   E-mail TB Tabby   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by erinker74:
"Let's see Satan stop this one!"

The Father of All Lies doesn't like challenges to his manhood!

That's the best line I have seen in a while!

Best line I've seen FOR a while. I've seen it at least twice before in different glurges.

--------------------
I like to go down to the playground and watch the kids run and jump and scream, because they don't know I'm only using blanks.

Posts: 942 | From: Illinois | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Ligeia
I'll Be Home for After Christmas Sales

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ligeia     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Letter-Chow

Sorry, its just that I've never got to chow anyone before. I had to do it.

--------------------
Fight evil diaper rash!

Posts: 196 | From: Southwest Missouri | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Liessa
Sunday Floody Sunday

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Liessa     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
You know, if I got a letter purporting to be from my dead kid, my immediate reaction would be "What kind of sick joke is this?"

quote:
The cancer is all gone. I'm glad because I couldn't

stand that pain anymore and God couldn't stand to

see me hurt so much, either. That's when He sent

The Angel of Mercy to come get me.

Because, naturally, our omnipotent, infinitely merciful God is incapable of simply getting rid of the cancer. [Roll Eyes]
Posts: 51 | From: UK | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Squishy0405
Wii Wiish You A Merry Chriistmas

Icon 02 posted      Profile for Squishy0405   Author's Homepage   E-mail Squishy0405   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ligeia:
Letter-Chow

Sorry, its just that I've never got to chow anyone before. I had to do it.

Look about 8 posts up before yours...better luck next time! Mine has the most recent discussion in which the 2nd post links to the "original" discussion [Big Grin] I just *had* to defend my spanking!!

--------------------
"Fate is like a strange, unpopular resturant, filled with odd waiters who bring you things you never ask for and don't always like."-Lemony Snicket

Posts: 1119 | From: Bronx, NY | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Ligeia
I'll Be Home for After Christmas Sales

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ligeia     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I can't believe I didn't see that!

--------------------
Fight evil diaper rash!

Posts: 196 | From: Southwest Missouri | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Mouse

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mouse   E-mail Mouse   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Still have yet to explain why the doctors never thought to try chemo. [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
"You see? The mysteries of the Universe are revealed when you break stuff." Coop from MegasXLR

"I distrust who know so well what God wants them to do because I notice it always coincides with their own desires." -- Susan B. Anthony

Posts: 2246 | From: Oklahoma | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Barbara R.
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Barbara R.   E-mail Barbara R.   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
What a silly, campy, cornball story! Sitting on God's "knee"! God is spirit! Pure energy! And why should God have a pen? All that part in the New Testament--Book of Revelation to be exact--about "books" and names being written in the "Book of Life" is symbolic and figurative anyway.

Nevertheless, we get the basic message: where was God? Right where He was when His son, Jesus, died on the cross--very close. However, why write such a silly story to convey this message? Why not have the boy's mother ask her pastory that question and have him reply the same way?

Barbara R.

Posts: 378 | From: Boonville, Missouri USA | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
The Ota Faction
Happy Holly Days

Icon 201 posted      Profile for The Ota Faction   Author's Homepage   E-mail The Ota Faction   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
And guess what,

Mom? I got to sit on God's knee and talk to Him,

like I was somebody important. That's when I told

Him that I wanted to write you a letter, to tell you

good-bye and everything. But I already knew that

wasn't allowed.

God: How about a nice football?
Jimmy as Adult: Football? Football? What's a football? With unconscious will my voice squeaked out 'football'.
God: Okay, get him out of here.
Jimmy as Adult: A football? Oh no, what was I doing? Wake up, Stupid! Wake up!
Jimmy: [Is shoved down the slide, but he stops himself and climbs back up] No! No! I want a magical pen with ultra-invisibility ink that can only be seen with my mother, and a sheet of ultra-tears resistant white paper!
God: Holy ****, kid, I'm still backed up to the bubonic plague. I've got 876,502,583 kids behind you in line. Besides, you'll poke your eye out.

--------------------
"Tell me what you eat, and I will tell you what you are." - Anthelme Brillat-Savarin
"That lonely recluse who lives down the road is crying out. So is that pregnant teenager. And the prostitute. And the drunkard."
Join the Free State Project - I did!

Posts: 1516 | From: *sigh* Elmira, NY | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
VersesBatman

Icon 1 posted      Profile for VersesBatman     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
YOMANK!

--------------------
It's like they took a bunch of movies, put them in a blender and turned it on really fast!-Mystery Science Theater 3000

Posts: 2603 | From: Magna, Utah | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
tdn

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tdn   E-mail tdn   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
"Oh Jesus Christ, here I Am, all-knowing omnipotent Lord of the Universe, and I have 72348731 names to put in the Book of Life today, and that damned kid has my pen!"
Posts: 3800 | From: Boston, MA | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Lil' Molly
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lil' Molly   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Anyone else

Hear this

Glurge

In the voice of

William Shatner?

--------------------
... and now back to your regularly scheduled lurking.

I have 15 points and owe 1 keyboard!

Posts: 394 | From: Seattle, WA | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
VersesBatman

I do now.

--------------------

Rebochan the Retail Reindeer
Good King Wal-Mart

Icon 303 posted      Profile for Rebochan the Retail Reindeer   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

just a blank piece of paper. Isn't that cool?

It's not Jimmy, it's the Doctor!

--------------------
"One original thought is worth a thousand mindless quotings." -- Diogenes

"Vote Republican! We won't burn you at the stake for your religious beliefs or slaughter your family and steal your land." -- Ramblin' Dave

Posts: 3555 | From: Florida | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Ink Rose
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ink Rose   Author's Homepage   E-mail Ink Rose   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
She's having delusions and hallucinations. She's a little old to be presenting now, but maybe...? GOD DID IT!

--------------------
Comic: http://elfhome.keenspace.com

Posts: 388 | From: Philadelphia, PA | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Lawgiver
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lawgiver   E-mail Lawgiver   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by tdn:
"Oh Jesus Christ, here I Am, all-knowing omnipotent Lord of the Universe, and I have 72348731 names to put in the Book of Life today, and that damned kid has my pen!"

That is sig worthy, may I ?

--------------------
I looked at my sleeping husband and longed to plunge my elbow through his peaceful face. ~ Annissa

Posts: 381 | From: Nashville | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages