snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Urban Legends » Glurge Gallery » When a guy/girl misses you

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: When a guy/girl misses you
Squishy0405
Wii Wiish You A Merry Chriistmas

Icon 04 posted      Profile for Squishy0405   Author's Homepage   E-mail Squishy0405   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
When a girl says she likes you,
she wants you to ask her out.

When u break a girls heart, she still feels
it when
bumping heads 3 years later

When a girl just stares deep into your
eyes, she's
HOPING that your hers and only hers ( it
shows
how much she cares: eyes never lie)

When a girl is quiet,
millions of things are running through her
mind.

When a girl is not arguing,
she is thinking deeply.

When a girl looks at you with eyes full of
questions,
she is wondering how long you will be
around.

When a girl answers, "I'm fine, " after a
few
seconds,
she is not at all fine.

When a girl stares at you,
she is wondering why you are so
wonderful.

When a girl lays her head on your chest,
she is wishing for you to be hers forever.

When a girl calls you everyday,
she is seeking for your attention.

When a girl wants to see you everyday,
she wants to be pampered.

When a girl says, "I'll love you forever, "
she means it.

When a girl says that she can't live
without you,
she has made up her mind that you are
her future.

When a girl says, "I miss you, "
no one in this world can miss you more
than that

When a girl is mean to you after a breakup
she wants you back, but she's
scared she'll get hurts and knows
your gone forever

Guy Facts:

When a guy calls u
he wants to be with you

When a guy is quiet,
He's listening to you...

When a guy is not arguing,
He realizes he's wrong

When a guy says, "I'm fine, " after a few
minutes,
he means it

When a guy stares at you,
he wishes you would care about him and
wonders
if you do?

When you're laying your head on a guy's
chest
he has the world

When a guy calls you everyday
he is in love

When a (good) guy say he loves you
he means it

When a guy says he can't live without you
he's with you till your done

When a guy says, "I miss you, "
he misses you more than you could have
ever
missed him or anything else

repost this in 10 minutes and your true
love will
call you

post this as

IF YOUR A GUY "WHEN A GUY MISSES
YOU"
AND

IF YOUR A GIRL POST IT AS "when a girl misses you"

*Squishy: When you're laying your head on a guy's
chest
he has the world
TOO BAD THAT'S NOT THE WORLD HE'S SEEKING [Roll Eyes] , HE'S JUST MAKING YOU THINK HE LIKES YOU SO HE CAN GET INTO YOUR PANTS! OR MAYBE HE'S JUST TRYING TO PUSH YOU DOWNWARDS [lol] This one just caught my eye through all the other BS*

--------------------
"Fate is like a strange, unpopular resturant, filled with odd waiters who bring you things you never ask for and don't always like."-Lemony Snicket

Posts: 1119 | From: Bronx, NY | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
nurple
We Three Blings

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nurple   Author's Homepage   E-mail nurple   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
 -

--------------------
"You better respect the Rap or the Rap won't respect you." Ledatru

Posts: 1141 | From: Chicago, IL | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Brrrtje
I'll Be Home for After Christmas Sales

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brrrtje   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

When a guy calls u
he wants to be with you

Or, you never know, he might be calling you to tell you about his new girlfriend, and by the way, he probably gave you chlamydia last night.

quote:

When a guy is quiet,
He's listening to you...

Or he's wondering about how to bring the message about the chlamydia.

quote:
minutes, he means it

Only if he isn't lying. You wouldn't give 'em that, but some guys have the social intelligence to lie.

quote:

wonders if you do?

"There's an axe in the shed, and some working gloves. Now if I axe her, then take her to the woods to the hole I buried yesterday, I probably won't be seen. How much work would it be to get the blood out of the carpet?"

quote:

chest
he has the world

"Oh god. Here we go again. I'm watching a movie, and she comes up with her stinking hair in my face. I wonder if the axe is sharp enough"

quote:

he is in love

Or a stalker.

quote:
he means it

Too bad you find out this one isn't a (good) guy until it's too late...

quote:

What's a done? Anyway, he'll chop off a finger before he buries you, and keep it.

quote:

ever missed him or anything else

Yeah, us guys are like that. Superhuman missing powers. One day, they'll invent a way to tap it, and they'll make a power plant filled with guys missing their Myspace-girlfriends, and there'll be free energy for everyone!
Posts: 142 | From: Netherlands | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
senshisteph

Icon 1 posted      Profile for senshisteph   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Squishy0405:
eyes, she's
HOPING that your hers and only hers ( it
shows
how much she cares: eyes never lie)

...she's hoping you'll buy your specs here instead of just getting the prescription and taking it to the discount place down the road.

--------------------
七転び八起き
nana korobi ya oki
'fall down seven times, get up eight.'

Posts: 155 | From: Nagoya, Japan | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
jessboo
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jessboo     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Brrrtje:

quote:

wonders if you do?

"There's an axe in the shed, and some working gloves. Now if I axe her, then take her to the woods to the hole I buried yesterday, I probably won't be seen. How much work would it be to get the blood out of the carpet?"

You dug a whole and the buried it again so no-one would find it? Good thinking, batman [Wink]

quote:

she is thinking deeply.

so, we either argue or think, and nothing else?

--------------------
Join me on Lost - www.lost.eu/edcf

Do you have any wine? All of this would go a lot smoother in an altered state of reality.

Posts: 779 | From: Southampton, England | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Brrrtje

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brrrtje   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Oh, sod off, you native speaker [Wink]
Posts: 142 | From: Netherlands | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
jessboo
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jessboo     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
sorry, couldn't resist!!

--------------------

Do you have any wine? All of this would go a lot smoother in an altered state of reality.

Posts: 779 | From: Southampton, England | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Ieuan ab Arthur
The First USA Noel

Icon 216 posted      Profile for Ieuan ab Arthur     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Hi All:

quote:
Guy Facts:

When a guy calls u
he wants to be with you

That's what I keep telling the long distance operator, but she never believes me. Oh well! By the by, what's a "restraining order?" [Big Grin]

quote:
When a guy is quiet,
He's listening to you...

Or, if the lady in question is quoting something like this glurge, he's trying his very best to block out her voice.

quote:
He realizes he's wrong

That's what you think! Men are well able to keep arguing long after we realize we're wrong (and that's because we're actually right) [Razz]

quote:
minutes,
he means it

And if you ladies believe that, I've got a bridge in Brooklyn I'm selling cheap.

quote:
When a guy stares at you, he wishes you would care about him and
wonders if you do?

Actually, he's looking at that little bit of schmutz you have on your face.

quote:
chest
he has the world

Humble much?

quote:
he is in love

Is that what it is? I just thought Bruno wanted to repo my car.

quote:
he means it

Not touching this one with a 10-foot pole, no sir! [Wink]

quote:

Till you've done what? No, don't tell me. I don't want to know.

quote:
ever missed him or anything else

"I miss my wife, but at least my aim is improving!"

Don't you love 12-year olds with a keyboard? [Big Grin]

Ta ra 'wan,

Ieuan "Swampland in Florida going cheap" ab Arthur

--------------------
"I e-mail or I don't e-mail. The magic just happens" - From OP in We've Got Mail

Y Gwir Yn Erbyn Y Byd

Posts: 626 | From: Toronto, Ontario | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Dactingyl
Anchovy of a 1000 Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dactingyl   E-mail Dactingyl   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by jessboo:
quote:
[qb]
quote:

wonders if you do?

You dug a whole and the buried it again so no-one would find it? Good thinking, batman [Wink]

You dug a whole what?

[Smile]

--------------------
Dactingyl is meant to sound a bit like Christingle.

It's not very good but I couldn't think of anything else.

Sorry.

Posts: 257 | From: Hants, UK | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
SweetieBird
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SweetieBird     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
If a 14 year-old girl wrote this, I would encourage her to keep writing, because parts of it are sweet.

But if a 45 year-old man wrote this (as I suspect), I would encourage him to stop writing and go paint the garage or something.

--------------------
"Bad grammar makes me [sic]" -- seen on a t-shirt

Posts: 319 | From: Upstate NY | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Tom o' Bedlam

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tom o' Bedlam   E-mail Tom o' Bedlam   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by SweetieBird:
If a 14 year-old girl wrote this, I would encourage her to keep writing, because parts of it are sweet.

Far be it from me to discourage anyone from taking an interest in the written word, but I'm not sure that I'd be so keen on having a part in the production of more works such as this.

Maybe it the encouragement were given with the proviso that she learn the basic rules of spelling and grammar...

--------------------
Still I sing bonny boys, bonny mad boys,
Bedlam boys are bonny,
For they all go bare and they live by the air
And they want no drink nor money!

Posts: 107 | From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Brad from Georgia
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brad from Georgia   Author's Homepage   E-mail Brad from Georgia   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
When a man loves a woman,
he can't keep his mind on nothin' else,
he'll drive a nail right through his foot.
If she is bald, he don't know it,
with that bag on her head,
if he likes her a lot, he calls her toots.
When a man loves a woman,
he'll spend his very last dime
on an X-box game to play
and if she asks for a turn,
he won't give it,
'cause if she's better than him it's mis-er-ray.

--------------------
"No hard feelin's and HOPpy New Year!"--Walt Kelly
Hear what you're missing: ARTC podcasts! http://artcpodcast.org/

Posts: 7581 | From: Gainesville, Georgia | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
SweetieBird
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SweetieBird     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Thalomarre:

Maybe it the encouragement were given with the proviso that she learn the basic rules of spelling and grammar...

Well, obviously you want a child to master the mechanics of writing eventually, but writing well is a process and the finer points will come with practice and hard work. But creativity also needs space to run free without criticism. Again, I'm talking as if the OP was written by a 14 year old.

That said, I believe if you haven't gotten how to write well sorted out by the time you're 35 or so, just hang it up, partner, because it's not going to happen for you.

--------------------

Posts: 319 | From: Upstate NY | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Tom o' Bedlam

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tom o' Bedlam   E-mail Tom o' Bedlam   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I guess my standards are just higher than yours.

At fourteen years of age, I'd have been embarrassed to have written something like this.

--------------------
Bedlam boys are bonny,

Posts: 107 | From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
jessboo
The First USA Noel

quote:
Originally posted by Dactyl:
quote:
Originally posted by jessboo:
quote:
[qb]
quote:

wonders if you do?

You dug a whole what?

[Smile]

LMAO- haha how stupid am I?! [fish]

--------------------

piyokochan
I Saw Three Shipments

Icon 1 posted      Profile for piyokochan   E-mail piyokochan   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

At fourteen years of age, I'd have been embarrassed to have written something like this.

Currently being 15 and actually working on a short novel-type-thinger right now, I'd agree with you.

--------------------
"Shakespeare and Dante divide the world between them. There is no third." - T. S. Eliot

Posts: 77 | From: New Milford, CT | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Toys for big boys.
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Toys for big boys.     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

few
seconds,
she is not at all fine.

Alas, my ex thought this was the case. Whenever he asked me how I was, and I said I was fine, he'd do the whole "oh honey what's wrong? you can talk to me about it" thing. Which annoyed me greatly.

--------------------
I am not taking lectures on physics from a man in tights.

Posts: 236 | From: England | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
glisp42
I'm Dreaming Of A White iPod

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glisp42   Author's Homepage   E-mail glisp42   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

few
seconds,

She's playing BS passive aggressive mindgames

glisp"Playin those mind games forever"42

--------------------
What does "Bookachow", "YOMANK" and other lingo mean?

And we'll collect the moments one by one I guess that's how the future's done. -Feist

Posts: 1641 | From: Kansas | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Victoria J
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Victoria J   E-mail Victoria J   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

2 hours. Gas Mark 7.

quote:
she is thinking deeply.

Now I'll disagree with pretty much any statement that suggests all "girls" do this, or all "guys" do that...

But if it read "When a Snopester is not arguing they are thinking deeply" I'd think there was something to it. It would certainly explain a lot of the threads around here.

But we do (mostly) argue very nicely...

And burying a whole/hole - [lol] made me laugh out loud (Thankfully while I am at work, I am currently all on my own in my office).

Victoria J.

--------------------
Post accompanied by maniacal laughter.

Posts: 577 | From: London, UK | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
SweetieBird
Deck the Malls

quote:

That's because now twelve years later at the ripe old age of 26 everything you write is perfection, right? There's nothing more annoying than an arrogant twentysomething "writer" who feels he has nothing left to learn. LOL.

--------------------

Spamamander in a pear tree
We Wish You a Merry Giftmas

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spamamander in a pear tree     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
SweetieBird I am glad you aren't my child's teacher. Honestly.

I agree creativity is not encouraged enough in our young people, and it should be allowed to run unfettered for the most part- but if a child is fourteen and cannot write in simple sentences or master capitalization and punctuation with a reasonable amount of accuracy, we've failed them horribly.

--------------------
"There is a race between mankind and the universe. Mankind is trying to build bigger, better, faster, and more foolproof machines. The universe is trying to build bigger, better, and faster fools. So far the universe is winning." -Albert Einstein

Posts: 1058 | From: Yakima, WA | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Tom o' Bedlam

Icon 301 posted      Profile for Tom o' Bedlam   E-mail Tom o' Bedlam   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by SweetieBird:
quote:

That's because now twelve years later at the ripe old age of 26 everything you write is perfection, right? There's nothing more annoying than an arrogant twentysomething "writer" who feels he has nothing left to learn. LOL.
WOAH! Where did that come from?

I'm arrogant and feel I have nothing left to learn because when I was fourteen I knew better than to spell the word "you" with anything less than three letters?

--------------------
Bedlam boys are bonny,

Neffti Noel
We Three Blings

Icon 09 posted      Profile for Neffti Noel     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

chest
he has the world

... No, he's probably thinking "Down a bit... down a bit..."

ETA - Poorly written or not, this actually gave me a sweet trip down memory lane, to more innocent days when I actually believed similar things about dating... yes the grammar and the logic were dreadful but it was quite evocative... is it time for my medication yet? [Wink]

Posts: 1157 | From: Westcountry UK "It's Bootiful" | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
I'm 20th Century Fox
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for I'm 20th Century Fox   Author's Homepage   E-mail I'm 20th Century Fox   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
When a girl says she likes you, she wants you to ask her out.

Well, duh!

When u break a girls heart, she still feels
it when bumping heads 3 years later.

Bumping heads with who? Just anyone? And is this a new sport or something?

eyes, she's HOPING that your hers and only hers (it shows how much she cares: eyes never lie)

Either that or she’s an optometrist and just doing her job

When a girl is quiet, millions of things are running through her mind.

Like, “Why am I with this loser?”

When a girl is not arguing, she is thinking deeply.

Like, “Why am I with this loser?”

When a girl looks at you with eyes full of
questions, she is wondering how long you will be
around.

How can eyes be full of questions? Someone needs an optometrist...I'm just sayin'

few seconds, she is not at all fine.

Well, she’s fine – you are not

When a girl stares at you, she is wondering
why you are so wonderful.

I thought she was hoping you are hers, ‘cause eyes never lie

When a girl lays her head on your chest,
she is wishing for you to be hers forever.

Or she could be listening for his heart, to see if it beats for her

When a girl calls you everyday, she is seeking for your attention.

Or she wants to talk to you.

When a girl wants to see you everyday,
she wants to be pampered.

Huh?

When a girl says, "I'll love you forever, " she means it.

Or until tomorrow.

When a girl says that she can't live
without you, she has made up her mind that
you are her future.

So you’d better run!

When a girl says, "I miss you, "
no one in this world can miss you more
than that

Just this world? What about in the universe?

When a girl is mean to you after a breakup
she wants you back, but she's scared she'll get hurts and knows your gone forever

Or scared she’ll get VD. Which probably hurts.

Guy Facts:

When a guy calls u he wants to be with you

Or is seeking for your attention.

When a guy is quiet, He's listening to you...

And not thinking.

He realizes he's wrong

Or he could be “listening”

minutes, he means it

I.e., he’s clamming up and you won’t get anything more out of him

wonders if you do?

If a guy stares at you, he’s probably undressing you in his mind

chest he has the world

And is wishing your head were about a foot lower

When a guy calls you everyday he is in love

Or is seeking for your attention.

When a (good) guy say he loves you he means it

You say yes, I say no, you say stop, and I say go go go

Done what? Living?

When a guy says, "I miss you, " he misses you more than you could have ever missed him or anything else

Or he misses the sex

repost this in 10 minutes and your true
love will call you

Really? I’m waiting.

post this as

IF YOUR A GUY "WHEN A GUY MISSES
YOU" AND

IF YOUR A GIRL POST IT AS "when a girl misses you"

First of all, there are more important things to concentrate on than posting this drivel. Such as, knowing the difference between “your” and “you’re”. “Your” is not the contraction of “you are”.

--------------------
When my chin is on the ground I pick myself up, dust myself off and start all over again.

Posts: 1765 | From: Greensboro, NC | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Amigone201
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Amigone201   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I apologize, but I'm gonna have to disagree that ANY of this is sweet. It's trying to be, for sure, but sloppy generalizations about what girls and guys are thinking, doing, meaning, etc. don't really accomplish anything.

I take extreme exception to the idea that any one thing is some sort of explanation of guy or girl behavior, and that that one thing applies to all guys or girls everywhere.

Especially on the ones that are patently wrong, such as a guy is either arguing or wrong, and a girl is either arguing or thinking. Bah, whoever wrote this has no idea what they're talking about.

--------------------
Check out my blog! http://fundiewatch.blogspot.com

Posts: 1527 | From: Buffalo, NY | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages