snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Urban Legends » Glurge Gallery » Catch a Rainbow!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Catch a Rainbow!
dookie_booty
I'll Be Home for After Christmas Sales

Icon 105 posted      Profile for dookie_booty   E-mail dookie_booty   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
If I could catch a rainbow

I would do it just for you

and share with you its beauty

On the days you're feeling blue.

If I could build a mountain

You could call your very own;

A place to find serenity,

A place to be alone.

If I could take your troubles

I would toss them in the sea,

But all these things I'm finding

are impossible for me.

I cannot build a mountain

Or catch a rainbow fair,

But let me be what I know best,

A friend who's always there.

Have a great day!

--------------------
Don't blame me, my evil monkey did it.
-----------------
Just remember, When everything seems difficult, I'll be shining from a far, When it feels like things have gone away, I'll see you again.

Posts: 130 | From: Orange County, CA | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
TB Tabby
We Wish You a Merry Giftmas

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TB Tabby   E-mail TB Tabby   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Meh. Standard-issue greeting-card spiel, but not preachy enough to be offensive. But they can't all be "Allah or Jesus."

--------------------
I like to go down to the playground and watch the kids run and jump and scream, because they don't know I'm only using blanks.

Posts: 942 | From: Illinois | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
LeaflessMapleTree
The twelve shopping days 'til Christmas

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LeaflessMapleTree   E-mail LeaflessMapleTree   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
I cannot build a mountain

Or catch a rainbow fair,

Well, if you're not even a good enough friend to break the laws of nature for me, I don't wanna hang around you anymore.

Eh, it's not bad enough to really be glurge.

--------------------
"For me, religion is like a rhinoceros: I don't have one, and I'd really prefer not to be trampled by yours. But it is impressive, and even beautiful, and, to be honest, the world would be slightly worse off if there weren't any."
-Silas Sparkhammer

Posts: 3239 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
glisp42
I'm Dreaming Of A White iPod

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glisp42   Author's Homepage   E-mail glisp42   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
"This is a cease and desist order from Mr Eric Clapton"

http://www.lyricsfreak.com/e/eric+clapton/change+the+world_20051195.html

--------------------
What does "Bookachow", "YOMANK" and other lingo mean?

And we'll collect the moments one by one I guess that's how the future's done. -Feist

Posts: 1641 | From: Kansas | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
TrishDaDish
Let There Be PCs on Earth

Icon 106 posted      Profile for TrishDaDish   Author's Homepage   E-mail TrishDaDish   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by glisp42:
"This is a cease and desist order from Mr Eric Clapton"

http://www.lyricsfreak.com/e/eric+clapton/change+the+world_20051195.html

Mr. Clapton knows about rainbows. They have beards, for some strange reason.

--------------------
I would prefer not to.
My blog

Posts: 4789 | From: Rhode Island | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Capri
I Saw Three Shipments

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Capri   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I got this chain from the same forwarder who emailed me that "I Picked You" religious spam. This really has been a lousy day!
Posts: 63 | From: Calgary, Alberta, Canada | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages