snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Urban Legends » Glurge Gallery » Love ya

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Love ya
Joe Joe Joey Junior Shabadoo
I'll Be Home for After Christmas Sales

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Joe Joe Joey Junior Shabadoo   Author's Homepage   E-mail Joe Joe Joey Junior Shabadoo   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I don't know if I should really be this excited to post my first glurge.

A quick search for 'love ya' didn't turn up any results, but apologies if it's allready been posted.
quote:

A girl and a guy were speeding over 100 mph on the road on a
motorcycle...
Girl: Slow down, I'm scared.
Guy: No, this is fun.
Girl: No it's not. Please it's too scary!
Guy: Then tell me you love me.
Girl: Fine I love you. Slow down!
Guy: Now give me a BIG hug. (Girl hugs him)
Guy: Can you take my helmet off and put it on yourself? It's
bugging me.

In the paper the next day: A motorcycle had crashed into a building
because of brake failure. Two people were on it, but only 1 had
survived.

The truth was that halfway down the road, the guy realized that his
brakes broke, but he didn't want to let the girl know. Instead, he
had her say she loved him and felt her hug one last time, and then
he had her wear his helmet so that she would live even though it
meant that he would die. If u love any one this much...let them
know...before it's too late... I love you 4 ever.....and always 2
the end....i cant live without ya....b-cuz ur my friend..... Send
this to 10 ppl in the next 5 min...and....u will get kissed on
Friday by the love of your life....

DONT BREAK THIS.
2morow will be the best day of your life. However, if u don't send
this 2 @ least 10 ppl by at least 12:00 2nite u will have bad luck
in your love life 4 the rest of your life.

--------------------
I'm so broke; I can't even pay attention

Posts: 140 | From: Seattle, WA | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Lil' Molly
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lil' Molly   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
If he cared about her that much, why wasn't she ALREADY wearing a helmet?

--------------------
... and now back to your regularly scheduled lurking.

I have 15 points and owe 1 keyboard!

Posts: 394 | From: Seattle, WA | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Deansinger
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Deansinger   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Even without brakes, you can let off the accelerator and downshift until you are moving so slowly that nobody gets hurt.

--------------------
It doesn't matter if you're wrong.. Be Wrong Loud!

Posts: 398 | From: Fallon, NV | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Em
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Em   E-mail Em   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Main-page-a-chow.
[Smile]

--------------------
What the NFBSK does YOMANK mean?

Posts: 1646 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
ParaDiddle
Happy Xmas (Warranty Is Over)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ParaDiddle   E-mail ParaDiddle       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
OK, so the brakes fail at >100mph and in the midst of downshifting, pissing his pants and looking for a place to lay his machine down, the driver has time to transfer his helmet to his passenger? It's not only glurge, it's really bad fiction.

{ETA}
Spanked twice

- P

Posts: 1856 | From: Milwaukee, WI | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
ILS
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ILS   E-mail ILS   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
And what about taking ones hand/foot (I think this depends on the bike) off the throttle. I don't think a bike with just a brake failure is going to go 100 mph when it is just idling.

And hitting a building at 100 mph, I think one is going to have to worry about more than just head injuries even if they are the second one on the cycle.

Posts: 287 | From: Sacramento, CA | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Joe Joe Joey Junior Shabadoo
I'll Be Home for After Christmas Sales

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Joe Joe Joey Junior Shabadoo   Author's Homepage   E-mail Joe Joe Joey Junior Shabadoo   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
also- motocycles are loud. http://www.theonion.com/content/node/33276

--------------------
I'm so broke; I can't even pay attention

Posts: 140 | From: Seattle, WA | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Lil' Molly
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lil' Molly   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
waffles?? I don't know how I posted twice on that one... weird.

--------------------

Posts: 394 | From: Seattle, WA | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
resELution
Markdown, the Herald Angels Sing

Icon 1 posted      Profile for resELution   E-mail resELution   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I've never had someone on back of my bike at 100 MPH, but I doubt very much that one could carry on a meaningful conversation with a passanger at that speed with that amount of wind blast.

I'm also with Deansinger on why the guy in the story didn't know he could engine break.

Lil'Molly, not only should she have been wearing a helmet, she should have already been hugging him. Unless there was some sort of sissy bar in place for her.

Posts: 2286 | From: Washington State | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Lil' Molly
Deck the Malls

well, yeah I thought of that too... but when we used to ride my SO's Honda, I would put my arms around him and hang onto the fuel tank because we are close in weight and I felt like I was going to pull him off the bike if I hung onto him alone. When I wanted to get lovey at the stoplights, I'd bring my hands up and hug.

And we couldn't hold a conversation at 70, so I'd think 100 would be right out!

--------------------

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages