snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Non-UL Chat » We've Got Mail! » Let me tell you how to run your web site (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Let me tell you how to run your web site
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 02 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: I used to spend a lot of time looking around your site.
I've noticed you've sold out to add agencies.
I understand sites need money to stay afloat, but when I'm reading an
article about a 5 Yr old girl w/ cancer & there's an ad selling new
Lincolns, it's a little disheartening.
Please consider where you put these ads.

Posts: 36029 | From: Admin | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Midgard_Dragon
Markdown, the Herald Angels Sing

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Midgard_Dragon   E-mail Midgard_Dragon   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
:/ Add agencies, eh? What do they add?

--------------------
Midgard Dragon
-==UDIC==-
MidgardDragon's MySpace

Posts: 2455 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 212 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: When talking about energy content, could you please start using the international version of kcal, as using Cal, or even cal when meaning 1000 calories, can be hard to understand for us non-US readers.
Posts: 36029 | From: Admin | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 95 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: I think your service is of great value to those of us perusing the internet. However, I disagree with U.L.'s latest web paper wherein "Slow Dance" is referred to as a "sappy poem". I happen to think the piece is a sensitive reflection of tenderness and love one can feel, especially for a child. With so much garbage regalling our senses on a daily basis, can't we leave a small opening for something decent?

I also don't think that your site should be so blatent when it comes to editorial comment.

snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 606 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: I have been using snopes.com for at least one or two years and
now you tell me that you do not have my e=mail address. That is
ridiculous.

snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 88 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: DEAR FOLKS,
YOU ARE VERY ARTICULATE AND KNOWLEDGEABLE.........GREAT WRITING AND GREAT
SITE.
WHY, I PRAY THEE, DO YOU HAVE AN OPENING THAT GOES BACK TO NOVEMBER OF
2005 ?!? IT MAKES YOU LOOK OLD AND OUT OF TOUCH WITH CURRENT EVENTS.
CAN YOU ROTATE THAT PAGE ?!?
CAN YOU PRESENT ALL THE OPTIONS ON THAT PAGE ?!?
PUT THE WAR ARTICLE IN THE WAR SECTION AND SHOW PEOPLE A SAMPLING OF WHAT
YOU OFFER.
JUST SOME IDEAS TO MAKE YOU MORE ATTRACTIVE FOR ALL THE PEOPLE I SEND YOUR
WAY WHEN THEY SEND ME GARBAGE ON THE THE INTERNET !
BE WELL, DO GOOD WORK AND KEEP IN TOUCH.

NorthernLite
We Three Blings

Icon 602 posted      Profile for NorthernLite     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
If we do all those things will you stop yelling at us?

--------------------
You've got to remember that these are just simple farmers. These are people of the land. The common clay of the new West. You know... morons. -Blazing Saddles

Posts: 1074 | From: High Level, Alberta, Canada | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 207 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: I just read the article "Muslim EID Stamp" and i, being a muslim,
am outraged that the rumour says that all those attacks are the faults of
muslims. it is racism, and i want you to put on your description of it
that this e-mail is a pile of bullcrap, that you can't blame muslims for
all those attacks.

snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 19 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: Hi, I am a student who likes this type of stuff but when you say
"horror stories" I think of blood and guts and stuff like that. Well some
of these stories are boring and lame like the one about the man from out
of town who got pulled over for speeding, well most people would expect
him to drive off and these stories are suspose to be scary. I'm just
suggesting that you put scary and thiller stories in the horror section
and lame ones somewere else.

Thanks for your time. Goodbye

Ieuan ab Arthur
The First USA Noel

Icon 211 posted      Profile for Ieuan ab Arthur     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by snopes:
I'm just suggesting that you put scary and thiller stories in the horror section and lame ones somewere else.

And I'm just suggesting that you visit a good psychiatrist for this blood fixation you have.

Ta ra 'wan,

Ieuan "Blood and gore all over the floor and me without my spoon" ab Arthur

--------------------
"I e-mail or I don't e-mail. The magic just happens" - From OP in We've Got Mail

Y Gwir Yn Erbyn Y Byd

Posts: 626 | From: Toronto, Ontario | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
NorthernLite
We Three Blings

Icon 602 posted      Profile for NorthernLite     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
I'm just
suggesting that you put scary and thiller stories in the horror section
and lame ones somewere else.

Sorry, but there isn't a separate section for lame stories. BUT there is a section for lame e-mails. Yours has been placed in it.

--------------------
You've got to remember that these are just simple farmers. These are people of the land. The common clay of the new West. You know... morons. -Blazing Saddles

Posts: 1074 | From: High Level, Alberta, Canada | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 302 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: Hi.
On the recall for Perrigo store brand Tylenol, you are showing an icon of
a gelcap, those are not involved at all in the recall.
Only the caplets, the look is very different.
I called perrigo, after seeing that pictures, since my mom, [88 yrs. old]
take the gelcaps and I bring her some from the U.S. every year, about 10
bottles. They are cheaper here, so I get her some.
Anyway, please change the picture, it scared me, she takes them everyday
and I had to stay on the line quite awhile to talk to a real person.

snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 16 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: I feel this entry is misplaced in a "naughty" section. It should
be in the gruesome section.

snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 108 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: I like your site, and have it on my favorites list. Recently I
have noticed a number of your articals tagged with the white dot-
"unclassifiable veracity"- if so many are then why post them? Shoot I
know a ton of rumors and urban legends that MAY or MAY NOT be true and you
would never find out. I like seeing more TRUE OR FALSE reports- because
even the false ones are still entertaining because most times they can be
explained. But the stupid white dots- too many in my opinion- have no
place.

snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 506 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: Please consider changing the title of your currently labeled "old
wives' tales" to "old tales". I'm sure husbands told tales too.

TheBobo
Markdown, the Herald Angels Sing

Icon 16 posted      Profile for TheBobo   Author's Homepage   E-mail TheBobo   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Comment: I feel this entry is misplaced in a "naughty" section. It should
be in the gruesome section.

There is a gruesome section. It is called Glurge.

--------------------
The views expressed in the above Post does not necessarily reflect those of snopes,The Infopoop Corporation,the Internet or most of society for that matter.

Posts: 2474 | From: Scranton, PA | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Squishy0405
Wii Wiish You A Merry Chriistmas

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Squishy0405   Author's Homepage   E-mail Squishy0405   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Comment: Please consider changing the title of your currently labeled "old
wives' tales" to "old tales". I'm sure husbands told tales too.

Yes, of how stupid they thought what their wives were saying was, but had to conform to it anyways [Big Grin]

--------------------
"Fate is like a strange, unpopular resturant, filled with odd waiters who bring you things you never ask for and don't always like."-Lemony Snicket

Posts: 1119 | From: Bronx, NY | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Shoebox
I Saw Three Shipments

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shoebox   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Yeah, and then their wives would say 'So, you come up with a pithy bit of memorable lore!" And the husbands would start up some analogy about the last time the Cubs won the World Series, and the whole thing just fell apart.

--------------------
"Want you to know that if I had been there and they had of cooked you, I would not of eaten any." - Porkypine, Pogo

Posts: 71 | From: Toronto, Ontario | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 302 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: Personally I dont think you should have anything to do w/the
missing children stories or any thing like that unless they are purley
hoax's or untruths. Because otherwise your site could give the wrong
immpression for instance posting the missing child alert on here gave me
the impression that it was a hoax and not that it was true but had been
cancelled. I mean isnt annoncing the alert cancld something that the
alert site should take care of?

I was under the impression that this site was for scams and hoax's to be
brought to light.

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages