snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Non-UL Chat » We've Got Mail! » snopes Party Line (Page 4)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: snopes Party Line
Oceanic Aura
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Oceanic Aura   Author's Homepage   E-mail Oceanic Aura   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Canuck - at first I was like, "huh?" and then I was like, "ohhhhh." and then I was like, " [lol] "

--------------------
"Are we talking misdemeanor trouble or squeal like a pig trouble?"

Posts: 618 | From: Ann Arbor, Michigan | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Canuckistan
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 98 posted      Profile for Canuckistan   E-mail Canuckistan   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
A three-stage [lol] . That's a first for me.

--------------------
People need to stop appropriating Jesus as their reason for behaving badly. It's so irritating. (Avril)

Posts: 8429 | From: New York run by the Swiss (Toronto) | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 500 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: Hi,

I registered at a web site called snopes.com. Supposedly, they check out chain emails for accuracy. If you get an email and want to see if the message is true or false, this site says that they investigated it.

It might be interesting or even helpful.

Posts: 36029 | From: Admin | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Canuckistan

Icon 102 posted      Profile for Canuckistan   E-mail Canuckistan   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by snopes:
Comment: Hi,

I registered at a web site called snopes.com. Supposedly, they check out chain emails for accuracy. If you get an email and want to see if the message is true or false, this site says that they investigated it.

It might be interesting or even helpful.

Okay, newbies, confess: who was this?

--------------------
People need to stop appropriating Jesus as their reason for behaving badly. It's so irritating. (Avril)

Posts: 8429 | From: New York run by the Swiss (Toronto) | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 221 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: Margie

Hate to break the news, but this is a hoax.

Check it out: http://www.snopes.com/computer/virus/wtcsurvivor.asp

The www.snopes.com web site is the authority on urban legends, hoaxes, etc. I subscribe to their monthly newsletter with the latest additions to the list.

Whew! Now you can have a nice day!

Did Lindsay get off OK? Be sure to let me know when she safely arrives in town. Even if we may not be first on her list of people to call, we would like to know that she got to the area OK.

Carol

Posts: 36029 | From: Admin | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 204 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: Dear Mary,
Scroll down to still haunting the Inbox: Budweiser is a false story
Bye, Mary

Izzy Quigley
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 218 posted      Profile for Izzy Quigley   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Budweiser is a false story

Um...what exactly has everybody been drinking, then? Do I want to know?

Izzy "glad I'm not a beer drinker" Quigley

--------------------
A Viennese fellow is walking along the Karntner Strasse and notices a banana peel lying in his path. "Alas," he sighs, "now I must slip and fall down!"

Posts: 506 | From: Missouri | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
chillas
Coventry Mall Carol

Icon 1 posted      Profile for chillas     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Izzy Quigley:
quote:
Budweiser is a false story

Um...what exactly has everybody been drinking, then? Do I want to know?

Izzy "glad I'm not a beer drinker" Quigley

It's okay ... no one who drinks Budweiser is a beer drinker either.

--------------------
Come on, come on - spin a little tighter
Come on, come on - and the world's a little brighter

Posts: 5595 | From: Columbus, OH : The Soccer Capital of America | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 04 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: hey bow wow your me and my friends baby boy hereis my number
1212XXX8514.write back i love u.

snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 105 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: To: Ms Pam:I am a retired GI, living in Warner Robins,Ga. I just
e-mailed Mr Patton Kudo's on the poem you sent to a relative in Iraq.
Thank You, and him for a JOB WELL DONE. GOD BLESS BOTH OF YOU, and your
relative for his faithful service to this great country of ours and GOD
BLESS THE USA......

snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 218 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: Is there a Mammie Harrison, Charles Harrison or a Clarence Rogers or Eugene
Hardies at Mount Mora?
They are children of Charles Rogers d. 1928 and Rena Rogers listed last in
cemetery spread sheet you sent.

Are you sure I can't reimburse you for your time or gas?
Just let me know!

Thanks,
Robin

snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 99 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: isn't this GREAT...and you are right, it didn't get publicized, but i checked it out on www.snopes.com and it's TRUE! God bless courageous judges like this one, who are not afraid to speak the TRUTH...too bad that this wasn't on TV so the general public (and any terrorist cells luring in our country) could hear it.
vee

snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 09 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: WOOPS! You're the one who alerted me to this site. Didn't mean to send it to you. BUDDY
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 105 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: Dot........go down a short way on this and you will fiind a thing on 411 calls and registering your cell phone on the no call list. I guess it's not true! The 411 is true but we do not have to register our cell phones??? You might want to pass this on to the other people who think you do.

Love, Judy

snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 303 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: I get this newsletter every week, and you'll see on here that the Budweiser story is false.
Jean

snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 605 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: Salut Solange ,j'ais écouté ton message sur ma boite vocal !!!
Sa me coute des $ comme si je serais a 'Louiseville mais je payes 40

snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 88 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: I checked it it is true. If you want to read the history of the whole
procedure go to your search engine and type Snopes.com Then go to search
and type in Christmas stamp for Islam or something like that and the info
will come up. I use this site to check everything but I failed to check this
as I thoroughly believe that our country is dumb enough to honor Islam. And
they are. I hate it and will not buy it. Love will get back to you
tomorrow. Remember when your car wasn't working and you were all upset. Well
I got a letter and I need some very important old info and guess what -- all
was lost in a flood. Can't find anything. Dam

Ligeia
I'll Be Home for After Christmas Sales

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ligeia     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
all was lost in a flood. Can't find anything. Dam

Oh, sure, now you have a dam. Don't you wish you'd thought of that before the flood?

--------------------
Fight evil diaper rash!

Posts: 196 | From: Southwest Missouri | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 303 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: Hi Glenna:

I checked this out and it is for real but here is the backup for it. Thought you'd be interested in seeing it.

http://www.snopes.com/fraud/telephone/809.asp

Carol

snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Comment: Sue. Got the this web site about messages like this one. My sister-in-law got me on to it. go to:
Snopes.Com
gives you a lot of info. Ed.

snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 99 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: Leroy, Party at Amandas at 7 tonight. Bring the beer.
Canuckistan

Icon 24 posted      Profile for Canuckistan   E-mail Canuckistan   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
You had me right up to me bringing the beer.

Lousy hosts you are.

--------------------

snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 218 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: debbie... Don't do for others what, given the chance, they wouldn't do for themselves.
Spamamander in a pear tree
We Wish You a Merry Giftmas

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spamamander in a pear tree     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
That sounded, well... NFBSK.

--------------------
"There is a race between mankind and the universe. Mankind is trying to build bigger, better, faster, and more foolproof machines. The universe is trying to build bigger, better, and faster fools. So far the universe is winning." -Albert Einstein

Posts: 1058 | From: Yakima, WA | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Comment: Hey Pat,
How are you? I checked out this information on snopes.com and apparently it is not accurate. I'm sending you the url for this story so you can see it. It's a very interesting article.
Thanks,
Martha

The URL for this page is http://www.snopes.com/rumors/north.asp

snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Comment: Hi Sweetie,

The water has not come up in the lake although we did have a little rain during last night. I keep hoping that we will have a rain that lasts several days so that the water will start to come back up again. Have a good day. Love you bunches, Ma

lazerus the duck
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lazerus the duck   E-mail lazerus the duck   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Comment: Hi Sweetie,

The water has not come up in the lake although we did have a little rain during last night. I keep hoping that we will have a rain that lasts several days so that the water will start to come back up again. Have a good day. Love you bunches, Ma

Snopes haven't you told your mother not to E-mail you at work?

--------------------
All the world's a face, And all the men and women merely acne.

Posts: 673 | From: Glasgow, Scotland | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Comment: Hi Diane,

Please check out update@snopes.com and they will clarify the Target situation.

Anne

snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 04 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: Hi Greg. How is everything going? We spent the last two nights in Killarney. It rained really hard yesterday (we have been very lucky because that has been the only day so far) so we spent the day walking the town, doing some shopping and having lunch at a local pub and then going back to another pub later for a baileys and coffee (Dad had an irish coffee). We drove around the Ring of Kerry today. I would liken it highway 1 up by Carmel. It's not the same view but it is the same in that it is a beautiful drive. We then drove to Listowel where we are spending the night tonight and then taking a ferry in the morning (short ride) saving us a lot of driving time around an inlet. The B&B in Killarney was really nice and they had a black and white dog named Toby! We have a few more days to do what comes our way and then we will be back to reality. We are fine and hope that you are doing the same. Hope to see you in a few days.

Love,

Mom & Dad

P.S. Have fun at your Christine Todd Whitman event tomorrow.

xoxoxoxxoxoxxoxoxoxoxoxxo

snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Comment: Hi Joan,

I have read this before. I wasn't sure if it was true or not so I went on this web site (Snopes) It lists all the so-called claims like the rapist one you sent. I received this website from a friend. I sometimes tend to believe what I read and know that is not smart! I hope you can get info from this website. It is really interesting. The article about the rapist is not on the pages that you can view here but I did a search using the words: rapist returns money and a big article came up stating that this was false. Apparently this claim has been circulating for a couple of years. I hope you find this website useful...I have!

Love, Norma

snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 206 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: Dear Brian, I have long been a fan of yours and all that have
/have had a part in the spectacular SR-71 Blackbird, I
received a real blessing when I found your speech on this site, and want
to thank you for such an uplifting dissertation - hope it touched many
people at the occasion!

Canuckistan

Icon 16 posted      Profile for Canuckistan   E-mail Canuckistan   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
My uplifting dissertation touching people?

Yup, sounds like one of my dissertations. Never knowing when to keep its hands to itself.

--------------------

snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 500 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: You don't need to bother sending me this since I get it every week just like you. I just don't spend as much time as you do in trying to find something wrong with everyone's e-mail. A lot of times, Snopes speculates that something is not exactly right, so if its a good story, I'll send it on for the enjoyment. Ben
Seaboe Muffinchucker
Let There Be PCs on Earth

Icon 206 posted      Profile for Seaboe Muffinchucker     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Comment: You don't need to bother sending me this since I get it every week just like you. I just don't spend as much time as you do in trying to find something wrong with everyone's e-mail. A lot of times, Snopes speculates that something is not exactly right, so if its a good story, I'll send it on for the enjoyment. Ben

Translation: I'm gullible and I like it that way, d*** it! Stop ruining my fun!

Seaboe

--------------------
Education is not the filling of a hard drive, but the lighting of a bulb. -- Yeats via Esprise Me

Posts: 5562 | From: Seattle, WA | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Comment: Grace I haven't changed mine yet, do you have to send a email to everyone on your address list???. I got a letter about how to do it but I haven't had time to completely read it yet. Let me know so I can get started on this thing. Joyce
  This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages