snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Non-UL Chat » We've Got Mail! » snopes Party Line (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: snopes Party Line
Canuckistan
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 506 posted      Profile for Canuckistan   E-mail Canuckistan   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Bill D:
But isn't all glurge misdirected?

On some level, perhaps.

But this is glurge that they didn't even want us to see. They wasted my time, and they don't even know me!

That's what makes glurge so evil, isn't it?

--------------------
People need to stop appropriating Jesus as their reason for behaving badly. It's so irritating. (Avril)

Posts: 8429 | From: New York run by the Swiss (Toronto) | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 303 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: Ann: Go to Update@snopes.com and read about that Bill Gates email. You have to scroll down quite a way before you find it written up. Good to hear from you. Jean
Posts: 36029 | From: Admin | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 302 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: Thanks. I get this too. I saw the article about Urkel. I should check this before sending out stuff. That will teach me.

Thanks again,

Carmen

Posts: 36029 | From: Admin | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 04 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: Dear Linda,
I get this update now and then.
Love,
Keith

snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 04 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: Sara, got to www.snopes.com
and do a search for: DO NOT CALL NUMBER FOR CELL PHONES........I JUST DID AND IT SAYS IT IS FALSE.

PLEASE CHECK IT OUT, I DON'T WANT TO SEE YOU OVERCHARGED FOR SOMETHING THAT IS NOT TRUE.

LOVE YOU BUNCHES, & HOPE ALL IS GOING WELL FOR YOU.

HUGSSSSSSSSSSSSSS & GOD BLESS

MaryB

snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Comment: micheal u know u like it
Canuckistan

Icon 04 posted      Profile for Canuckistan   E-mail Canuckistan   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by snopes:
Comment: micheal u know u like it

Why, yes I do.

Now give it to me!

More! More!

Give me that cheesecake and don't stop till I tell you!

--------------------
People need to stop appropriating Jesus as their reason for behaving badly. It's so irritating. (Avril)

Posts: 8429 | From: New York run by the Swiss (Toronto) | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
TrishDaDish
Let There Be PCs on Earth

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TrishDaDish   Author's Homepage   E-mail TrishDaDish   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Cheesecake?! It's the Devil's Dessert!!! ~ Kids in the Hall

--------------------
I would prefer not to.
My blog

Posts: 4789 | From: Rhode Island | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 218 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: DON'T KNOW WHERE THIS IS GOING. FOUND - SEND TO ALL - OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT SO I THOUGHT I WOULD LET EVERY ONE KNOW WE ARE BACK. MY DELL WOULD NOT COME ON - TECH CAME AND REPAIRED; HOWEVER IF ANYONE SENT ME ANYTHING WHILE WE WERE GONE IT IS LOST OUT THERE SOMEWHERE.
LADIES SEE THE NOTE ABOUT PURSES

Pseudo_Croat
Angels Wii Have Heard on High

Icon 303 posted      Profile for Pseudo_Croat   Author's Homepage   E-mail Pseudo_Croat   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Comment: Dear Linda,
I get this update now and then.
Love,
Keith

Yeah, I get "this update" now and then too. Not to worry - nothing a little penicillin can't cure.

- Pseudo_Croat

--------------------
"At all events, people who deny the influence of smaller nations should remember that the Croats have the rest of us by the throats." - Norman Davies, Europe: A History

God wants spiritual fruits, not religious nuts.

Posts: 4578 | From: Sunrise, FL | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 102 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: Here's the latest update:

Most things I look up, I go to "Search Engine" and
then type in a couple words describing what I'm trying
to check on; i.e, the North Pole jobbie I typed in "sunset at north pole". Sometimes if you only search on a word or two, several items may come up and you'll find the one of interest.
Sometimes it may say not found and maybe then search
on a different wording, etc.

Ken

snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 99 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: I subscribe to SNOOPS, too. Mine usually ends up in my SPAM file until I dig it out. I got my new one today, too. They have some GOOD stuff in here..
SmallTownKid
I Saw Three Shipments

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SmallTownKid     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Comment: Esta muy bonito el mensaje de los animalitos, pero no creo en que le beneficie a nadie el que pase el mensaje a nadie. Siempre lee los mensajes de snopes.com antes de que te tomen el pelo.
Cariños, Hena

Ok, keep in mind that I have only had high school spanish and I'm guessing on some of the words but I think this translates roughly to:

"This is a beautiful animal message (story, maybe?), but I don't believe that it benifits anyone to pass this story. Always read the stories on snopes.com before you take(plural form) the hair."

Take the hair?? What on earth is that supposed to mean? [Confused] [lol]

--------------------
"I will take the Ring," he said, "though I do not know the way."

"Doesn't 'Frollo' sound like a delicious hobbit chocolate?"--Amanda F.

Posts: 107 | From: Kansas | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Canuckistan

Icon 203 posted      Profile for Canuckistan   E-mail Canuckistan   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Tomen el pelo, take you by the hair, is the equivalent to pulling your leg.

Of course, if you tell someone in Spain that you're pulling them by the leg, they'll look at you just as strangely as when you're told that someone has got you by the hair.

My brother thought it was the most hilarious thing. And the look on confusion on people's faces when he would "take them by the leg" was priceless.

--------------------

Canuckistan

Icon 506 posted      Profile for Canuckistan   E-mail Canuckistan   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
I subscribe to SNOOPS, too.
The National Enquirer offices are down the hall.

--------------------

SmallTownKid
I Saw Three Shipments

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SmallTownKid     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Canuckistan:
Tomen el pelo, take you by the hair, is the equivalent to pulling your leg.

Of course, if you tell someone in Spain that you're pulling them by the leg, they'll look at you just as strangely as when you're told that someone has got you by the hair.

My brother thought it was the most hilarious thing. And the look on confusion on people's faces when he would "take them by the leg" was priceless.

Ah, that makes sense. I wondered if it wasn't an idiom, but "pulling your leg" never occured to me.

--------------------
"I will take the Ring," he said, "though I do not know the way."

"Doesn't 'Frollo' sound like a delicious hobbit chocolate?"--Amanda F.

Posts: 107 | From: Kansas | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 86 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: Kristine,

Check out the one on pancake mix. Better use Snopes......

J

snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 303 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: Good place to check out things we get concerning Pepsi, politics, etc.
onein6billion
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for onein6billion   E-mail onein6billion   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Comment: Kristine,

Check out the one on pancake mix. Better use Snopes......

J

Snopes, branching out into the breakfast food market?

Try Snopes Brand Pancake Mix! Now 50% less likely to contain killer mold than the leading brand! [Big Grin]

--------------------
Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference.
"Divorce is not caused because 50% of marriages end in gayness." - Jon Stewart
my space on myspace--now showing "80's Video Of The Week"

Posts: 278 | From: Bel Air, MD | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
[Our Lady] peacefool
Sebring-a-Ding-a-Ding

Icon 1 posted      Profile for [Our Lady] peacefool   E-mail [Our Lady] peacefool   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Comment: Dear Denzel Washington....

Oh man, I know this is old, but I so hope this guy got in touch with Denzel (or someone else who could help him), because it sounds like he might have a good idea and he's so earnest and sincere. Makes me wish that I could somehow be of assistance too. [Frown]
Posts: 23 | From: Plano, TX | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 09 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Dear Annie:

Subject was referred to in Update #625 - not true - sorry!

snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Comment: hi, jane...here's a whole list of rumors and hoaxes and things
untrue....read on:

snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 09 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: Thanks, Kay. How are you doing? Is it hot enough , often enough? I could have spring and summer forever.

Rose

snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 215 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: Mike, I see this report. - I know, personnally, that in that
speech that I heard on the radio
the first time the part that hit home to me was "So help us God". Later I
saw a movie replay
of that speech and again "so help us God" was the rallying point for all
Americans.
ON ANY WW2 MEMORIAL THAT SHOULD HAVE BEEN THE PRIME REMARK BY OUR
PRESIDENT IN OUR HOUR OF NEED.

Bassist
Chess Nuts Boasting 'Round an Open Fire

Icon 08 posted      Profile for Bassist   E-mail Bassist   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Comment: Is it hot enough , often enough?
Only with you, dear, but never often enough. [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
"I'm singing and deranged!"

Posts: 239 | From: Georgia | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 99 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: Hi

Therese is home from the hospital. Pace maker in place. She is still weak
but doing better.. We may be home next Monday.. If you receive this more
than once it is because, I am having problems with the lap top
computer...You know it isa hard to teach old dogs new tricks..

.........Jim and Joan Have a nice day!
Visit the MSN TV Web site.

snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 86 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: HI YA KAREN,

HMMM, I WAS ON THE PHONE, AND WHEN I CLICKED IN YOU WERE GONE...SO I WENT BACK TO MY ORIGINAL CALL. SORRY....IT HAPPENS SOMETIMES.

MY BUDDY RAY WAS CALLING TO SEE HOW I WAS, AND WHAT WAS HAPPENING WITH ME. NOTHING........AS USUAL.........
HE WAS EXPLAINING ABOUT HIS CHIROPRACTIC VISIT, AND WHAT DRS HE HAD SCHEDULED TO SEE THIS WEEK. NOT ALL THAT IMPORTANT TO ME, BUT IMPORTANT TO HIM.

THEN, WHEN YOU CALLED THE SECOND TIME, I WAS TALKING WITH HILDA, AND IT'S HARD TO INTERUPT HER TO SAY A MIN. WHILE I SEE WHO IS ON THE OTHER CALL............AND I MISSED YOU AGAIN.

THEN JON, MY OTHER HAM RADIO BUDDY CALLED TO SAY HE WAS SICK... HAD DIARHHEA FOR SEVERAL DAYS, WENT TO THE HOSPITAL FOR EMERGENCY SERVICE, GOT PILLS, AND THE BRAT DIET.....BANANA, RICE, APPLE AND TOAST B R A T TO REMEMBER IT EASILY.
WE DISCUSSED THE FACT, THAT HE IS ON CHELATION MEDS......MAYBE THAT IS IRRITATING HIS DIGESTIVE SYSTERM........OR MAYBE IT'S THE WATER... THE PART HE LIVES IN IS EMPTY MOSTLY.....AND THE WATER SITS IN THE LINES AND IT MAY TURN BAD......FROM NO CIRCULATION ...HE SAYS NO, BUT I SAY YES.... ALL THAT WATER IS IN THE PIPES AND HIS SYSTEM IS ONE OF THE FEW THAT'S FLUSHING THRU.... AND IT'S ALL OLD OLD HOT WATER...THE CHLORINE EVAPORATES AFTER A PERIOD OF TIME....AND THE WATER SMELLS LIKE THE SWAMP. THAT'S FLORIDA WATER FOR YA.
I'VE BEEN DRINKING BOTTLED WATER FOR 20 YRS NOW......STARTED IN 1985 IN WINTER HAVEN, AND HAVE STAYED WITH IT SINCE THEN.

THE FIRST THING TO MAKE ME ILL IS THE WATER.... THE BACTERIA IN THE WATER IS DIFFERENT IN ALL PARTS OF THE COUNTRY... SO FROM FLA, TO ILLINOIS, TO CALIFORNIA TO OREGON AND BACK TO FLA....AGAIN.....I DRINK BOTTLED WATER. PREFER DISTILLED TOO. MAKES WONDERFUL COFFEE...AND THAT'S MOSTLY WHAT I DRINK.

LATER,
IZ

snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 98 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: Sometimes Snopes gives me a good laugh even though you would like to smack some of these people..did you read the one about the circus dwarf?
Canuckistan

quote:
HMMM, I WAS ON THE PHONE, AND WHEN I CLICKED IN YOU WERE GONE...SO I WENT BACK TO MY ORIGINAL CALL. SORRY....IT HAPPENS SOMETIMES.

What do you mean? I clicked the phone to make you go away.

In fact, I'm still doing it.

--------------------

Dr. Winston O'Boogie
Markdown, the Herald Angels Sing

Icon 84 posted      Profile for Dr. Winston O'Boogie   Author's Homepage   E-mail Dr. Winston O'Boogie   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Comment: Sometimes Snopes gives me a good laugh even though you would like to smack some of these people..did you read the one about the circus dwarf?

Of course he hasn't read it, he wrote it!

--------------------
"The large print givith, and the small print taketh away" -- Tom Waits, Step Right Up

"The only difference between me and a madman is that I am not mad." -- Salvador Dali

Posts: 2443 | From: Illinois | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 105 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: HI KAREN,

HOPE YOU ARE DOING OK WITH THE HEAT.

I HEARD FROM JANE, AND THEY ARE SWELTERING IN CHICAGO.

I'M KINDA IN A SUSPENDED ANIMATION MODE.............DON'T MOVE AROUND SO I DON'T SWEAT TOO MUCH.

I VACUUMED AND GOT SOAKING WET, JUST DOING THAT.

HI TO ALL, MY LOVE TO SAMMY, AND TEDDY.

HI TO G. TOO.

YOU STAY COMFY.

TTFN
IZ

Norton II
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Norton II   E-mail Norton II       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
BTW, KAREN, DID I MENTION IT'S A TAD BIT WARM AROUND HERE?

--------------------
Emperor of the United States and Protector of Mexico

Posts: 287 | From: Mystic, CT | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Canuckistan

quote:
Originally posted by Norton II:
BTW, KAREN, DID I MENTION IT'S A TAD BIT WARM AROUND HERE?

AND LOUD!

ETA: snopes, are you ever going to let Iz know that Karen don't live here?

--------------------

Norton II
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Norton II   E-mail Norton II       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Iz had to shout to be heard over the roar of the vacuum. [Wink]

--------------------
Emperor of the United States and Protector of Mexico

Posts: 287 | From: Mystic, CT | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Canuckistan

Icon 16 posted      Profile for Canuckistan   E-mail Canuckistan   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
I VACUUMED AND GOT SOAKING WET, JUST DOING THAT.
Methinks Iz has one of the most unusual fetishes I've ever heard of.

Why, you could even say her fetish sucks.

--------------------

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages