snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Non-UL Chat » We've Got Mail! » snopes Party Line (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: snopes Party Line
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 303 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: this message is a hoax, please read the info, it has been around
for a long time and is not true.
Ciao, M.
check with www.snopes.com prior to circulating these forwarded messages to
be sure...

Posts: 36029 | From: Admin | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 08 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: dear friend ,
its ashley um i sw this cool website nd it ws scrary go on it
www.snopes.com

Posts: 36029 | From: Admin | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 07 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: if that is true sorry that happen give me a call 923 5291
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 303 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: Cathy, Check the little girls name and you will see that the
3cent part is a hoax.

snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 105 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: Lyn,
Snopes says it's an urban legend that stores are selling mulch with termites..FYI.Joyce

snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 18 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: Mary:
You should be recognized for your intent to inform and help. However, the email you forwarded is not quite correct. Check out the following link: http://www.snopes.com/horrors/mayhem/fakecop.asp

Big Bad Bill

Squoval
It Came Upon a Midnight Clearance

Icon 303 posted      Profile for Squoval   Author's Homepage   E-mail Squoval   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Mary:
Oh, and also, check Snopes first.

Big Bad Bill (D.)

--------------------
I can't believe it's not Square!

Posts: 3147 | From: W-S, North Carolina | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Zorro
Little Sales Drummer Boy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Zorro     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by snopes:
Comment: if that is true sorry that happen give me a call 923 5291

Is this the new 867-5309? Has Jenny moved and changed her phone number?

--------------------
"Seize the day! Make your lives extraordinary!"
-John Keating, "Dead Poets Society"

Posts: 2861 | From: New Jersey | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 08 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: I also subscribed to this a long time ago Betty...Most hoaxes I recognize from reading this...Very interesting about the toothpaste...I had bought some there before this came out...Have a good evening Betty...Thanks
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 503 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: Esta muy bonito el mensaje de los animalitos, pero no creo en que le beneficie a nadie el que pase el mensaje a nadie. Siempre lee los mensajes de snopes.com antes de que te tomen el pelo.
Cariños, Hena

Pork Chop
Anchovy of a 1000 Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pork Chop   E-mail Pork Chop   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Comment: dear friend ,
its ashley um i sw this cool website nd it ws scrary go on it
www.snopes.com

ash ,
omg thts scrary o.0 nd cool. i wnt on it nd it ws fn.

Pork "omg grlfrnd" Chop

ETA: this translation

Ashley,
I daresay, that website scared me a little. I did enjoy it, though. I looked at it for some time and I have to admit, I did have a good time. We must get together for tea and crumpets sometime.

--------------------
Have you heard the Word?
Praise Hircine!

Posts: 283 | From: Ohio | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 99 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: Thanks for this~
I'm so proud of Hope's receiving the scholarship yesterday!! I do wish her every success.
How I hope the hurricane season coming isn't as bad as the tornado season is starting off to be.
Love, MOM

Senior
Let There Be PCs on Earth

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Senior   E-mail Senior       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Is Hope a hurricane or a tornado?

--------------------
Ad astra per asparagus.

Posts: 4806 | From: Groton, CT | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 105 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: Susan,
I like checking these bits of info that get around via email. Here is some
research on the one you sent today.

I can't wait to see you folks in May then July. Twice in two months. If I
recall, besides my visit to your home the last time I visited my mom, the
last time we saw each other was at another wedding in another western
state, Colorado. Three out of 4 times I see you are at weddings.

See you soon.

Joe

Ieuan ab Arthur
The First USA Noel

Icon 218 posted      Profile for Ieuan ab Arthur     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Comment: Susan,
I like checking these bits of info that get around via email. Here is some research on the one you sent today.

I can't wait to see you folks in May then July. Twice in two months. If I recall, besides my visit to your home the last time I visited my mom, the last time we saw each other was at another wedding in another western state, Colorado. Three out of 4 times I see you are at weddings.

See you soon.

Joe

Dear Joe:

Yes, but who says that we want to see you. Aren't the many times you've embarassed at weddings enough? In future, if you must visit a western state, please make sure it's one I'm not in.

Susan

--------------------
"I e-mail or I don't e-mail. The magic just happens" - From OP in We've Got Mail

Y Gwir Yn Erbyn Y Byd

Posts: 626 | From: Toronto, Ontario | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Comment: Did you get any of these goofy emails, too? This is a good site to check up on emails you suspect.....
If you find one you want to look into now, just click the blue word in this message.
HUGS, Sissee

snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Comment: If you are not already receiving this......, subscribe to this update of all the hoax's we are apt fall for. It will save you a lot of trouble and criticism forwarding things that have no truth. It is great. Dorine.
Squoval

Icon 102 posted      Profile for Squoval   Author's Homepage   E-mail Squoval   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Comment: Did you get any of these goofy emails, too? This is a good site to check up on emails you suspect.....
If you find one you want to look into now, just click the blue word in this message.
HUGS, Sissee

And where is the blue word?

--------------------

Posts: 3147 | From: W-S, North Carolina | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Comment: HI CIARA HOW ARE YOU DOING? MY NAME IS JENNIFER IM FROM DETROIT
AND IM 21. I KOWN ABOUT AND BOW WOW ARE YOU OK. BEY THE I LIKE YOU MUSIC
AND I LOVE THAT.

LOVE JENNIFER FROM DETROIT!!!!!!!!!

Methuselah
Happy Holly Days

Icon 05 posted      Profile for Methuselah     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
AND I LOVE THAT.

I'm not exactly sure what language they speak in Detroit, but they sure do speak it loudly, and with great emphasis. [Big Grin]

--------------------
"The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him." - G.K. Chesterton

Posts: 1514 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Remarkgullabull
Happy Xmas (Warranty Is Over)

Icon 05 posted      Profile for Remarkgullabull     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
AND I LOVE THAT.

HI JENNIFER! I FINE! I KOWN ABOUT YOU TOO BOW WOW, OK? I LIKE MUSIC THAT LOVE YOU TOO. IN DETROIT.

LOVE FROM SNOPE!!!!!!11!!

[Confused]

--------------------
Love does not consist of gazing at each other, but in looking together in the same direction - Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Posts: 1961 | From: California | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Comment: Mom check this out!
NorthernLite
We Three Blings

Icon 05 posted      Profile for NorthernLite     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

Look Ma! No clue.

--------------------
You've got to remember that these are just simple farmers. These are people of the land. The common clay of the new West. You know... morons. -Blazing Saddles

Posts: 1074 | From: High Level, Alberta, Canada | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Canuckistan
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 506 posted      Profile for Canuckistan   E-mail Canuckistan   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

Oh sweetie, I used to see that all the time when I used to change your diaper! Why, I even have pictures of it!

--------------------
People need to stop appropriating Jesus as their reason for behaving badly. It's so irritating. (Avril)

Posts: 8429 | From: New York run by the Swiss (Toronto) | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Comment: I never realized they had a newsletter. I just go there to get their
'official' "yup, it's garbage" quote to send back to the gullible.

Forwarned is forearmed as 'they' say. Hmm, forgot to check if THAT is an
urban (or even rural) legend.

Squoval

Icon 304 posted      Profile for Squoval   Author's Homepage   E-mail Squoval   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

How disgusting! Honestly, I can't believe you would do that in front of your own mother!

--------------------

snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 500 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: THIS IS A HOAX - Go to the link below to see. Take care, Susan

http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/nothing/microsoft-aol.asp

snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 220 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: Here are some recent hoax messages if you get any of these. .
If you have subscribed to this Urban Legends, let me know, but otherwise Bryce I will forward it as I get it for you so you will be on guard..
If you get any of these coming in from anyone, spread the word that it is not a valid message.. Hope you had a good day.. dorine.

snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Comment: Melanie, go to this web site and learn all about the Citgo thing. Dad
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 01 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: Starr,
I don't blame you for wanting to be nearer to Kate. Frank and I talk about that a lot. We were just saying last night that it's been over a month since we've seen them. Next weekend, Kelsey is having her 6th. birthday party. It goes without saying that she is very excited about the upcoming event. It's so hard to believe that she is almost 6. The time has passed so quickly. We hope to bring both Kelsey and Austin home with us for a week or so this summer...either the week before her party or just take them home with us afterward. We're going to call tomorrow and see which would be better. While I'm thankful that we are within driving distance, we still don't see them as often as we would like. We do so love our babies.
Your home is surrounded by such a beautiful area and I know that it would be difficult, in some ways, to leave, but having that little granddaughter closer would easily make up for it.
Take care and keep an eye out for the bears.
Love,
Cheryl

TrishDaDish
Let There Be PCs on Earth

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TrishDaDish   Author's Homepage   E-mail TrishDaDish   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I thought, "How sweet" until it ended with that "keep an eye out for bears" line. Nose dived into goosebump land, there.

--------------------
I would prefer not to.
My blog

Posts: 4789 | From: Rhode Island | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 215 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: Dear Jacki
I just wanted to e-mail you to let you know that although I will probubly
never meet you - in this world - I am holding you up in prayer that The
Lord will tough your body & soul and bless you to overflowing. We run a
drug and alcohol rehabilitation center - and after speaking with your
clients about the situation - many of them are praying also
God bless you

24K_ Kate
Markdown, the Herald Angels Sing

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 24K_ Kate   Author's Homepage   E-mail 24K_ Kate   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Comment: Starr,
I don't blame you for wanting to be nearer to Kate. Frank and I talk about that a lot. We were just saying last night that it's been over a month since we've seen them.

Dear Starr,

Why, exactly, do you want to be nearer to me? And why were Cheryl and Frank talking about me? I don't even know y'all.

Go away,

Kate

--------------------
<---Callisto

I have a 60 second snack idea for Rachel (Ray): Xanax, vodka, fall asleep.--Adrianne Frost, Best Week Ever.

Posts: 2374 | From: Naw-fik, VA y'all | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Canuckistan
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 215 posted      Profile for Canuckistan   E-mail Canuckistan   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Comment: Dear Jacki
I just wanted to e-mail you to let you know that although I will probubly
never meet you - in this world - I am holding you up in prayer that The
Lord will tough your body & soul and bless you to overflowing. We run a
drug and alcohol rehabilitation center - and after speaking with your
clients about the situation - many of them are praying also
God bless you

Good God! Misdirected glurge! The worst kind!

--------------------
People need to stop appropriating Jesus as their reason for behaving badly. It's so irritating. (Avril)

Posts: 8429 | From: New York run by the Swiss (Toronto) | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Squoval

Icon 206 posted      Profile for Squoval   Author's Homepage   E-mail Squoval   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
But isn't all glurge misdirected?

--------------------

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages