snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Non-UL Chat » We've Got Mail! » snopes Party Line (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: snopes Party Line
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 08 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: Hi Cindy,

Thought you would find this interesting.

Happy New Year,

Ginny

Posts: 36029 | From: Admin | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Roadie
Little Sales Drummer Boy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Roadie     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Hi Ginny,

Not really.

Cindy

--------------------
"The little local company I buy from has CHEAP shipping and I have met their goats." (snapdragonfly)

"And that's one lost erection I'll never get back! You hear me Dan! I'm owed an erection!" (I'mNotDedalus)

Posts: 2658 | From: California | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Squoval
It Came Upon a Midnight Clearance

Icon 19 posted      Profile for Squoval   Author's Homepage   E-mail Squoval   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
This is Ginny looking in awe at the thing that is so magically interesting.

--------------------
I can't believe it's not Square!

Posts: 3147 | From: W-S, North Carolina | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
asnakeny
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for asnakeny   Author's Homepage   E-mail asnakeny   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
About this thread: I thought the Snopes Party Line was "No penny tax on emails, and Bonzai Kittens for all!" (All in favor and who haven't had their kidneys removed say Aye!)

--------------------
Is here no telephone?

Posts: 323 | From: Brooklyn, NY | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 98 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: HI MOM I HOPE YOU FIND THIS FUNNY
Posts: 36029 | From: Admin | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Canuckistan
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 217 posted      Profile for Canuckistan   E-mail Canuckistan   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by snopes:
Comment: HI MOM I HOPE YOU FIND THIS FUNNY

Apparently mom's hearing aid is out again.

--------------------
People need to stop appropriating Jesus as their reason for behaving badly. It's so irritating. (Avril)

Posts: 8429 | From: New York run by the Swiss (Toronto) | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Squoval

Icon 98 posted      Profile for Squoval   Author's Homepage   E-mail Squoval   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Oh, HILARIoUS!!!!!11

I am your mother.

--------------------

Posts: 3147 | From: W-S, North Carolina | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 99 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: Hi! Jim, this is not true. I refer you to Snopes web site. They tell if something like this is true or false. Check them out. The address is "snopes info" update@snopes.com How are things going for you. I am still "hangin in there" Lois.
Squoval

Icon 203 posted      Profile for Squoval   Author's Homepage   E-mail Squoval   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
See? This is even more proof that people can be smart enough to use snopes.com, but not so much, when it comes to using the comments page. Oh, well.  -

--------------------

snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 82 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: Boy, you sure weren't here for very long. I was trying to fix a computer problem and when I came back on aol you had left five messages in four minutes.
Squoval

Icon 82 posted      Profile for Squoval   Author's Homepage   E-mail Squoval   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Comment: Boy, you sure weren't here for very long. I was trying to fix a computer problem and when I came back on aol you had left five messages in four minutes.

Well, did you read my messages?

--------------------

Senior
Let There Be PCs on Earth

Icon 212 posted      Profile for Senior   E-mail Senior       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

So now you know how to get your penis enlarged and that you've won an internet lottery.

--------------------
Ad astra per asparagus.

Posts: 4806 | From: Groton, CT | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 102 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: Over blown. practically no chance. see snopes.com
TrishDaDish

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TrishDaDish   Author's Homepage   E-mail TrishDaDish   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Comment: Over blown. practically no chance. see snopes.com
Why does this comment make me instantly think of Madonna?

--------------------
I would prefer not to.
My blog

Posts: 4789 | From: Rhode Island | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Squoval

Icon 106 posted      Profile for Squoval   Author's Homepage   E-mail Squoval   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Thanks, Trish! Now I'm going to think of Madonna when I read that comment. It does seem like something she could say, as it is kinda like how she talks.

Today, is the last day that I'm using words.

--------------------

TrishDaDish

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TrishDaDish   Author's Homepage   E-mail TrishDaDish   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Actually, I was thinking more along the lines of "Over blown" and "No chance" as descriptions of Madonna, but whatever floats your boat...

Trish "Insert Truth Or Dare blowing-a-bottle comment here" DaDish

--------------------
I would prefer not to.
My blog

Posts: 4789 | From: Rhode Island | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 105 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: i love you lisa and joe and doug and my mommy and daddy and ryan
does too i think by

pob14
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pob14     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
does too i think by

Wow. Lisa's popular.

Does this remind anybody else of a little kid's prayer? "God bless Mommy and Daddy and Sparky and Warren Christopher and please could I get a kitten cause if you tell Santa he'll hafta."

--------------------
Patrick

Posts: 576 | From: Illinois | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 04 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: Wow, hope you are doing much better! You need to stay home and
rest, god damn it! We want to see you, and not see you dead.

God damn your tickets are expensive!! I love you but not that much! I
saw you for FREE, at Corning Community College back in 1971-72, can't
remember exactly, I was drunk most of the time in college ya know.
Skipped my classes to see you in the middle of the day. It was my honor
to see you! You did class clown, and a thing on SHIT! We gave you a new
one at that time, at least you said you never heard of "shit a brick".

Take care,
Love you, stay well...PLEASE!

rockland6674
We Wish You a Merry Giftmas

Icon 217 posted      Profile for rockland6674         Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
I love you but not that much!

Appearing soon on a Hallmark® greeting card near you. Or not.
Posts: 934 | From: Massachusetts | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Izzy Quigley
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 98 posted      Profile for Izzy Quigley   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
I was drunk most of the time in college ya know.
And apparently when you wrote this e-mail, too.

--------------------
A Viennese fellow is walking along the Karntner Strasse and notices a banana peel lying in his path. "Alas," he sighs, "now I must slip and fall down!"

Posts: 506 | From: Missouri | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Squoval

Icon 08 posted      Profile for Squoval   Author's Homepage   E-mail Squoval   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
does too i think by

Well, that certainly is a surprise. I would think you don't think after reading such a dumb email to snopes.

--------------------

snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 99 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: Allright Phil, you are having too much fun.!!! Tommy
TrishDaDish

Ah, the bizarre private emails of Tommy Lasorda and Phil Rizzuto.

--------------------
I would prefer not to.
My blog

snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 105 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: Joan,
Snopes came in handy for me. I got a call that I could get a $500 Walmart gift card for free and had the good sense to say stuff it in your ear. Snopes notes a scam is going around for Walmart and someplace else.
Love, Gladys

snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 102 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: This is false and has been circulating for years. You can check out these type of emails before passing them on at www.snopes.com (Urban Legend Reference Pages).
Squoval

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Squoval   Author's Homepage   E-mail Squoval   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Yes, but, snopes already knows that he should go to snopes.com.

--------------------

snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 08 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: hey babe go to this site and ask any rumor and it will tell you
if it is true...

Squoval

Icon 08 posted      Profile for Squoval   Author's Homepage   E-mail Squoval   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
snopes, do you have a secret?

--------------------

snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 03 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: Michael Moore: spend some of your millions on shampoo and wash
your stinky hair.

snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Comment: You are welcome, I get this about every week and they update all the different stories going around! This is the one I got this past week, check out the twins! It was a true story!
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 14 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: Thank you, Reverend Peterson for your article "Moral poverty cost
blacks in New Orleans". It's about time someone said it like it is. This
not only goes for African-American's, but whites (and all races) as well.
When will we get back to making people (all people) accountable for their
behavior and stop placing blame on the "race" issue? It is not a "race"
issue - it is an issue of morality, ethics and stepping up to the plate of
taking ownership for our own lack of responsibility. So, enough said [Smile]

snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 209 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: Dear Denzel Washington,

My name is Miki XXXXXX and I am a disable veteran.

Through my friends in the military, I learned to know of your generosity,
and I understand that probably everyone wants something from you. If this
e-mail will come to your attention (based on your busy schedule), I would
like to be in touch with you or the person that handles your personal
affairs.

This is not about money. Through my experience and because of my daily
needs, I created a device that a wheelchair bound person has the ability
to not only rehabilitate himself but continue with his lifelong exercise
and fitness needs. (We are referring to paraplegics, leg injuries, and
amputees) and all of this with the comfort and security of his wheelchair,
and the convenience of his home. Because of my background, and that as
such young age 22, I became disabled I can understand, the desperation and
the need to take the future into your own hands, especially when you are
coming from a military background and the discipline and order that it
requires.

What I really need is an individual with power and charisma like yourself,
that will help this project to reach every soldier that suffered a spinal
cord injury ( paraplegics, leg injuries, leg amputees) or any injuries
that will involve sitting in a wheelchair and has the use of the arms.

By supporting this project, we will be able to support the individual
heroes with a device that will help them to recover faster from their
injuries and help them to live a longer, fitter and healthier lifestyle,
regardless of their new reality.

I believe that they may have lost the use of their legs, but they gained
their lives.

Thank you very much, It would be an honor for me to hear from you, and to
see if something like this is of interest to you.

snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 23 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: Hi everyone,

Dinner in April. What weekends are you NOT available? I'm fine for all
weekends right now.

There is a Spanish Tapas restaurant at Broadview and Danforth that we can
try.

Norine

Canuckistan
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 23 posted      Profile for Canuckistan   E-mail Canuckistan   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
There is a Spanish Tapas restaurant at Broadview and Danforth that we can try.
Stunningly enough, I've been to that tapas bar. Live Flamenco shows on the weekend. I'd highly recommend it to anyone in the Toronto area.

Even you, Norine.

--------------------
People need to stop appropriating Jesus as their reason for behaving badly. It's so irritating. (Avril)

Posts: 8429 | From: New York run by the Swiss (Toronto) | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
  This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages