snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Non-UL Chat » We've Got Mail! » It's true ... it might have happened to a FOAF. Or not. (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: It's true ... it might have happened to a FOAF. Or not.
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 09 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: in response to your rumour about the girl with the hot dog it
reminds me of a story my ex girlfriend told. aparently this girl who was a
good close friend of my ex confided in her after this embarrassing ordeal.
she had been using a [peeled] banana in much the same way as the hotdog
which of course broke off inside her. she admitted herself to hospital to
have it removed.

i have no idea if this is really true though!

Posts: 36029 | From: Admin | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Felessan
Markdown, the Herald Angels Sing

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Felessan   E-mail Felessan   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
And frankly, neither do we.

--------------------
You fool! That's not a warrior, that's a banana!
- a surreal moment in a role-playing game

Posts: 2480 | From: Australia | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Senior
Let There Be PCs on Earth

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Senior   E-mail Senior       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
She was in the Emergency Room waiting area when the nurse called out "Who's the one with the banana in her vagina?"

I know [fish]

--------------------
Ad astra per asparagus.

Posts: 4806 | From: Groton, CT | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
TrishDaDish

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TrishDaDish   Author's Homepage   E-mail TrishDaDish   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I don't know why my mind is going this way, but all I'm thinking of is, "Was the banana frozen? Cause if it wasn't, I don't see it working as a pleasuring device for more than a second. Then again, if it's frozen, how did she unpeel it?"

I should really start taking my meds again. Damn Medicare.

--------------------
I would prefer not to.
My blog

Posts: 4789 | From: Rhode Island | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Franny
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Franny     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Frozen bananas peel quite easily, I've heard.

--------------------
I've been waiting here for like 20 minutes.

"It's you, but distilled into one place." - JK. http://www.theheldhand.blogspot.com/

Posts: 505 | From: Portland, Oregon | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
TrishDaDish

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TrishDaDish   Author's Homepage   E-mail TrishDaDish   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Ah, the old FOAF frozen banana peeling story! [Wink]

--------------------
I would prefer not to.
My blog

Posts: 4789 | From: Rhode Island | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Starla
It Came Upon a Midnight Clearance

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Starla     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Or, she could have peeled it before it was frozen.

--------------------
This used to be the life, but I don't need another one.
MyBandwagon

Posts: 3254 | From: small town Texas | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Rob D / Blackwolf, the yule dodo
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rob D / Blackwolf, the yule dodo   Author's Homepage   E-mail Rob D / Blackwolf, the yule dodo   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Hmm... Can we call what she did a "banana split" then?

--------------------
~Reality, the refuge of those who fail in RPGs~
aka Darkfist Dragon
-==(UDIC)==-

Posts: 334 | From: Lancaster, Ohio | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 01 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Then again, if it's frozen, how did she unpeel it?
Wouldn't "unpeel" mean putting the peel back on? I think that's pretty tough to do with any banana, frozen or otherwise.

- snopes

Posts: 36029 | From: Admin | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Sabrina_Fairchild
I'll Be Home for After Christmas Sales

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sabrina_Fairchild   Author's Homepage   E-mail Sabrina_Fairchild   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TrishDaDish:
Ah, the old FOAF frozen banana peeling story! [Wink]

That's nothing. I actually have an old FOAF (my mom's friend's husband, actually) involving a ketchup bottle and a very embarrassing ER visit.
Geni

--------------------
As heard on "Street Smarts":
Q: Chicago has 2 professional baseball teams. The Cubs and....what is the other one? Hint: It's something you probably don't wear a lot.

Girl: Underwear?

Posts: 178 | From: Texas | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 212 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: ON the story of the tonado ripping through the drive-in theater
while twister was playing, that is actually a true story. i live in that
town, and saw the damage afterwards.

snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 24 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: about the dea signs..... i personally seen one in jacksonville,fl
about 2 or 3 years ago.

TrishDaDish

Icon 19 posted      Profile for TrishDaDish   Author's Homepage   E-mail TrishDaDish   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by snopes:
quote:
Wouldn't "unpeel" mean putting the peel back on? I think that's pretty tough to do with any banana, frozen or otherwise.

- snopes

My English is gooderer than yours is!

--------------------
I would prefer not to.
My blog

Squoval

Icon 217 posted      Profile for Squoval   Author's Homepage   E-mail Squoval   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

What's a tonado?

--------------------
I can't believe it's not Square!

Posts: 3147 | From: W-S, North Carolina | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
rockland6674
We Wish You a Merry Giftmas

Icon 01 posted      Profile for rockland6674         Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Senor Bill D.:
quote:

What's a tonado?
A tornado that's been skipping its Weight Watchers™ meetings.
Posts: 934 | From: Massachusetts | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
pob14
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pob14     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
quote:

- snopes

Not with this kind, it isn't:
 -

--------------------
Patrick

Posts: 576 | From: Illinois | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Avril
Happy Xmas (Warranty Is Over)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Avril     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
To unpeel is to remove the peel--sort of like to "deplane" is to get off a plane. It's not as common an expression, but I've heard it before.

Avril

--------------------
There is no failure unless one stops. --Ray Bradbury

Posts: 2115 | From: Oklahoma | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
MapMaker
Maximillian Andorra

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MapMaker   Author's Homepage   E-mail MapMaker   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TrishDaDish:
quote:
quote:

- snopes

My English is gooderer than yours is!
[hijack]
Sorry for the interruption, the comments above made me think of this and I just wanted to share.

Over the weekend my uncle was in town and we were talking about the subjects that we excelled in school.
He said "Spelling was my favorite subject... yeah, I could spell real good." Apparently English was not his strong point [lol]

--------------------
"I'm looking over your shoulder, but only because I've got your back" -Stephen Colbert

Posts: 468 | From: Raleigh, NC | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
bethntim
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bethntim         Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
My brother is an EMT/Firefighter and he came home one morning and asked me if I knew a girl, W. I said yes, we have gym class together (I was in 7th grade at the time) and when I asked how he knew her he said he made a paramedic run to her house the night before for a hot dog being stuck, ahem, in her. She missed the next week of school and of course, blabbermouth me told EVERYBODY and we all called her "Hot Dog" in the locker room. It was like the scene in "Carrie" when everybody is throwing feminine products at Carrie. Thankfully my situation had a MUCH better outcome than the movie. I hated her anyway before that and this just added fuel to my fire. Of course I guess my brother could have gotten into a LOT of trouble for telling me but he's as much of a blabber mouth as me.

--------------------
Take only pictures, leave only footprints...

Posts: 255 | From: Sunny Florida | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 37 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: With regards to your article on spiders laying eggs in woman's
cheeks and then the baby spiders hatching, you call this folklore and
impossible. I am a man and this happened to me 100% without any doubt,
although it was in my leg not my cheek.

When I was about 14 years old I awoke one day to notice a boil on my
thigh. As the days went on it became bigger and bigger and began to throb.
On about the fourth day I awoke and looked down at my thigh and the skin
cracked open like an earthquake and out slithered hundreds of tiny
transparent baby spiders. I still have the scar to prove it!!

When you say this is impossible, I am here to tell you unequivically that
this happened to me. This is not a story I would make up and I have been
telling it consistently for over 20 years. So I would be careful when you
announce that things are impossible as this is certainly not. I didn't
travel to any exotic place either, this happened to me in my home town of
Toronto, Canada.

Bettie Page Turner
Happy Holly Days

Icon 87 posted      Profile for Bettie Page Turner   E-mail Bettie Page Turner   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
snip-On about the fourth day I awoke and looked down at my thigh and the skin
cracked open like an earthquake and out slithered hundreds of tiny
transparent baby spiders. I still have the scar to prove it!!

Kewl!!!!111! I still have the scar on my temple from where the aliens put the tracking implant in my brain. My mom says I had a cyst removed, but I know the truth! The scar proves it!!!!!

--------------------
You fail to consider, for such is the tyranny of fashion, that the swan is not a slim animal... -Jincy Kornhauser, Melinda Falling

Posts: 1762 | From: Charleston, West Virginia | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Doug4.7
Angels Wii Have Heard on High

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doug4.7   E-mail Doug4.7   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
...this happened to me in my home town of
Toronto, Canada.

Oh wait, he is Canadian. They always tell the truth. [Wink]

--------------------
And now for something completely different...

Posts: 4164 | From: Alabama | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 97 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: Hi, I just wanted to say that the rumor about jelly bracelets is
100% true. My friend has 2 black ones, my other friend has a yellow and I
think a red, and my friend who has two black ones has other friends with
every color. It's totally sick! I mean, #1 way to get a guy to use you.
I think it's great to warn parents about it, because it's totally sick.
One of my friend's friends is FOURTEEN and pregnant, and this is one way
around ending up in that sort of situation. I promise I'm not lying.

snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 500 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: The one in the college section about the girl and the hot dog
rings very familiar. When I was in seventh grade they had to take a girl
to the doctor because the hot dog she had taken from the lunch room to
pleasure herself had gotten stuck in the vagina. So part of this really
did happen to a girl in Morrilton, Ar by the name of XXXXXX.

Squoval

Icon 09 posted      Profile for Squoval   Author's Homepage   E-mail Squoval   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Comment:So part of this really
did happen to a girl in Morrilton, Ar by the name of XXXXXX.

Did a celebrity name her? And wouldn't a more appropriate name be XXX?

--------------------
I can't believe it's not Square!

Posts: 3147 | From: W-S, North Carolina | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 102 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: Hi, Although I request my name and my college not be mentioned,
it is no urban legend about finding sperm in a cheek cell scraping when
viewing under the microscope. January of 1998, I was working with a male
student learning how to use the microscope. Indeed, there was a sperm
(not moving) in his cheek cell scrapings.

I almost said "COOL, how did that happen?" but luckily I did not say
anything but gently moved the slide so no one could view the finding.

It is no urban legend. Also, it was not a female's cheek cell scraping,
it was from a male.

Please do not use my name or my college's name. A midwestern community
college will describe it enough. You may contact me for verification but
I do not want my name used.

snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 08 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: I would have thought you could have traced this one down, but
guess not.... This story was on KQRS in MPLS MN years ago and I happen to
know the lady myself. She's a waitress at Nye's Polynaise Restaurant in
Mpls. I have asked her about it in the past and she verifies the story.. I
have been living in Florida for the last 3 years so she may not be there
or may not even be alive yet, but the regular patrons and bartenders are
stil there ,,,check it out..

http://www.snopes.com/embarrass/feminine/glitter.asp

snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 24 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: The human glass of orange juice is true my friends brother zack
was at the ward with him. Heres how the real story goes the guy had like a
sheet of acid on him so he put it in his sock because in arizona they cant
check your sock cause it is considered strip searching. But the dude
forgot to put it in aluminum foil so he started to sweat and now the acid
is in him so he thinks he is a glass of orange juice and if you touch him
he thinks your going to spill him. The reason why he is orange juice is
because acid users drink orange juice to up theyre high because of the
calcium in it

Franny
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Franny     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Orange Juice has calcium in it? Are junkies actually out buying the calcium fortified juice? If so I suggest we ban and boycott all juices that have calcium in them! We simply cannot support the drug users. First OJ, Next the COW.

--------------------
I've been waiting here for like 20 minutes.

"It's you, but distilled into one place." - JK. http://www.theheldhand.blogspot.com/

Posts: 505 | From: Portland, Oregon | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
The Velour Fog
I'm Dreaming of a White Sale

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Velour Fog   E-mail The Velour Fog   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
have been living in Florida for the last 3 years so she may not be there or may not even be alive yet, but the regular patrons and bartenders are

--------------------
She's built like a steakhouse, but she handles like a bistro

Posts: 26 | From: Australia | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
pilchik
Deck the Malls

Icon 211 posted      Profile for pilchik   E-mail pilchik   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

I didn't travel to any exotic place either, this happened to me in my home town of
Toronto, Canada.

Ah, shit. I was just in Toronto last month with Thwacky and, oh no, Canuckistan, and the rest of the area snopesters. You mean I have been spending sleepless nights worrying about catching the wrong thing? Hey, what's that on my leg...... Aaaaaaahhhhhhh [Eek!]

--------------------
"20 years of boredom"

Posts: 242 | From: Niagara Falls, Ontario | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Canuckistan
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 301 posted      Profile for Canuckistan   E-mail Canuckistan   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by pilchik:
quote:

I didn't travel to any exotic place either, this happened to me in my home town of
Toronto, Canada.

Ah, shit. I was just in Toronto last month with Thwacky and, oh no, Canuckistan, and the rest of the area snopesters. You mean I have been spending sleepless nights worrying about catching the wrong thing? Hey, what's that on my leg...... Aaaaaaahhhhhhh [Eek!]
::Canuckistan turns to other Toronto snopesters::

Our plan worked perfectly, didn't it? [Eek!]

--------------------
People need to stop appropriating Jesus as their reason for behaving badly. It's so irritating. (Avril)

Posts: 8429 | From: New York run by the Swiss (Toronto) | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
diddy
Markdown, the Herald Angels Sing

Icon 1 posted      Profile for diddy   E-mail diddy   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
have been living in Florida for the last 3 years so she may not be there
or may not even be alive yet, but the regular patrons and bartenders are

Being a loyal Listener to the moring show I can say unequivicvally that they arent experts on these things and will generally read whatever people pass on to them (as long as it isnt very vulgar). They have passed on several well known UL's as true (most of em passed on by Terri Trean)

Means nothing. Its a radio show fer crying out loud.

--------------------
W.W.F.S.M.D?
But this image of Bush as some sort of Snidely Whiplash tying the fair maiden to the railroad tracks is beyond the pale. - Joe Bentley

Posts: 2311 | From: Minnnesota | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Joe Joe Joey Junior Shabadoo
I'll Be Home for After Christmas Sales

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Joe Joe Joey Junior Shabadoo   Author's Homepage   E-mail Joe Joe Joey Junior Shabadoo   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
they can't check your sock 'cause it is considered strip searching.

Removing socks may or may not be considered strip searching, but I'm almost postive that whereever he is (a hospital, I think) isn't above strip- searching.

quote:

But the dude forgot to put it in aluminum foil so he started to sweat and now the acid is in him

I have a hard time believing that you'd sweat much on the soles of your feet.

I mean, my feet have gotten plently sweaty and stinky, but enought to absorb blotter paper? I dunno.

quote:
so he thinks he is a glass of orange juice and if you touch him he thinks your going to spill him.
I definitly buy into the mind- body connection (i even have several books on the subject) but I just don't think this is true; even if he thinks he's a glass of OJ, and if you push him, he'll die, I don't see how his body would actually shut down.

Also, trips just don't last that long. 12 hours or so, at the absolute longest.

quote:

The reason why he is orange juice is because acid users drink orange juice to up their high because of the calcium in it

I don't know enough biology/ chemistry to say for sure, but I suspect there's no way calcium would be able to interact w/ LSD and extend the high.

I apologize for commenting so heavily on this comment, but this urban legand really irrates me for some reason. I hate blantly false anti- drug warnings like this.
(I'll get off my soapbox now)

--------------------
I'm so broke; I can't even pay attention

Posts: 140 | From: Seattle, WA | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
zman977
We Wish You a Merry Giftmas

Icon 1 posted      Profile for zman977   Author's Homepage   E-mail zman977   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
[QB] Comment: I would have thought you could have traced this one down, but
guess not.... This story was on KQRS in MPLS MN years ago /QB]

And we should all believe everything we hear on the radio.

--------------------
Check out the podcast at www.candidradio.com

Ever notice how we always fall in love? We never climb gently in to love, or step lightly in to love. If love is such a good thing than why is it described as a fall.

Posts: 918 | From: La Salle Illinois USA | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages