snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Non-UL Chat » We've Got Mail! » Who wants to know? (Page 4)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Who wants to know?
Canuckistan
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 506 posted      Profile for Canuckistan   E-mail Canuckistan   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by snopes:
Comment: do you love balto?

I prefer mediterraneo myself.

--------------------
People need to stop appropriating Jesus as their reason for behaving badly. It's so irritating. (Avril)

Posts: 8429 | From: New York run by the Swiss (Toronto) | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 104 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: I heard that you can get arrested if you attempt to bring a
toilet that has more than 1.6 GPF (gallons per flush) through the Canadian
border to the United States? Is that true?

Posts: 36029 | From: Admin | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Norton II
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Norton II   E-mail Norton II       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
It is true. That's why all Canadian plumbing fixtures are shipped via Mexico into the US.

--------------------
Emperor of the United States and Protector of Mexico

Posts: 287 | From: Mystic, CT | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 104 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: need information on Nicholas Pedraza, if married any where in the
United States.

Posts: 36029 | From: Admin | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 218 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: Who runs this website and how did it get started?
lazerus the duck
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lazerus the duck   E-mail lazerus the duck   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Comment: Who runs this website and how did it get started?

A Long Time Ago in a Galaxy Far, Far Away...

--------------------
All the world's a face, And all the men and women merely acne.

Posts: 673 | From: Glasgow, Scotland | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Comment: can't you varify that we did land on the moon?
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 106 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: Love Rollercoaster is my favrite song!

Is it yours?

lazerus the duck
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lazerus the duck   E-mail lazerus the duck   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

COMING SOON...
SNOPES: To The Moon Or Bust.

--------------------

Posts: 673 | From: Glasgow, Scotland | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Comment: Why can't I bookmark Snopes?
Seaboe Muffinchucker
Let There Be PCs on Earth

Icon 206 posted      Profile for Seaboe Muffinchucker     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Comment: Why can't I bookmark Snopes?

Because we don't like you. [Big Grin]

Seaboe

--------------------
Education is not the filling of a hard drive, but the lighting of a bulb. -- Yeats via Esprise Me

Posts: 5562 | From: Seattle, WA | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 216 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: Want to check out the validity of an email received. To whom at Snopes
should I contact?

TB Tabby
We Wish You a Merry Giftmas

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TB Tabby   E-mail TB Tabby   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by lazerus the duck:
quote:

COMING SOON...
SNOPES: To The Moon Or Bust.

Been htting the soy sauce again?

--------------------
I like to go down to the playground and watch the kids run and jump and scream, because they don't know I'm only using blanks.

Posts: 942 | From: Illinois | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 218 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: To whom it may concern:

This is my first visit to the Snopes Website. What makes this Website
an expert on the TRUTH? What is the background of its owners? From
where does their info come? How do THEY know they are CORRECT? It seems
only the Republican members of my family refer me here.

Brad from Georgia
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brad from Georgia   Author's Homepage   E-mail Brad from Georgia   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
A doubter! Burn him!

--------------------
"No hard feelin's and HOPpy New Year!"--Walt Kelly
Hear what you're missing: ARTC podcasts! http://artcpodcast.org/

Posts: 7581 | From: Gainesville, Georgia | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Ieuan ab Arthur
The First USA Noel

Icon 607 posted      Profile for Ieuan ab Arthur     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Hi All:

quote:
It seems only the Republican members of my family refer me here.

Then tell the Democrat members to visit too. The family that Snopes together stays together.

Ta ra 'wan,

Ieuan "Snopes - A Family Concern" ab Arthur

--------------------
"I e-mail or I don't e-mail. The magic just happens" - From OP in We've Got Mail

Y Gwir Yn Erbyn Y Byd

Posts: 626 | From: Toronto, Ontario | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 212 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: What sources do you use in getting your information? How do we know you are right???????
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 221 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: Who determines what is true or false and by what qualifications do these persons determine the accuracy of "items"? In other words, why should snopes be believed over other sources?
Ieuan ab Arthur
The First USA Noel

Icon 211 posted      Profile for Ieuan ab Arthur     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Comment: What sources do you use in getting your information? How do we know you are right???????

You could always get off your lazy arse and investigate them yourself. [Big Grin]

Ta ra 'wan,

Ieuan "Better to light a candle" ab Arthur

--------------------
"I e-mail or I don't e-mail. The magic just happens" - From OP in We've Got Mail

Y Gwir Yn Erbyn Y Byd

Posts: 626 | From: Toronto, Ontario | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Comment: Please advise as to who is the responder to questions and by what authority they write.
Bassist
Chess Nuts Boasting 'Round an Open Fire

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Bassist   E-mail Bassist   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Comment: Please advise as to who is the responder to questions and by what authority they write.

Please obtain the services of a certified grammarian and repost your inquiry.

--------------------
"I'm singing and deranged!"

Posts: 239 | From: Georgia | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Turban Man
I'll Be Home for After Christmas Sales

Icon 207 posted      Profile for Turban Man     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
It seems
only the Republican members of my family refer me here.

Thats because they are the only ones who seek the real truth.

Turban"yeah, I went there'Man

--------------------
I am so smart! I am so smart! S-M-R-T,

Posts: 140 | From: Hollywood, Florida | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Comment: By word of mouth I heard you have a semi Florist service
and will send poison oak or poison ivy by mail to
anyone who pays a small fee with any note or letter
in the envelope.

Is this true?

If yes, please e-mail me

Mickey is a Hanukkah Bush
O Come Let Us Adore Sales

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mickey is a Hanukkah Bush   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Sorry, we only sell poison sumac this time of year.

--------------------
My mom, about my nervousness with Jeopardy!: "Don't worry about it. Just get drunk and you'll do fine."
Blog Just call me Mickey 2

Posts: 3295 | From: Radford, VA/Herndon, VA/Orlando, FL | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
lazerus the duck
The First USA Noel

Semi florist? For the kind of money I'm paying you I want my florist rigid.

--------------------

snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 14 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: I would like to learn more about your site. I would like to know
if you have a complete unbiased opinion about the things you print, or do
you have a political bias?

snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 216 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: How do you prove everyone's information
to be true or false?
Where do you go to get your information?
None is a book of knowledge, so how do we
know what you say is true?

Ieuan ab Arthur
The First USA Noel

Icon 220 posted      Profile for Ieuan ab Arthur     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Where do you go to get your information?
None is a book of knowledge, so how do we
know what you say is true?

Check the bottom of each item. You'll often see a section called "Sources." And here's a clue - "Sources" isn't there just to make the page look pretty.

Ta ra 'wan,

Ieuan "I'll wait until the movie comes out" ab Arthur

--------------------

Y Gwir Yn Erbyn Y Byd

snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 220 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: when guys have hairy legs does that mean they like girls?
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 108 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: I have just received your comment suggesting that the article
attributed to Nancy Pelosi may be phony and simply campaign nausea. I have
never heard of your site. Can you please sent me information about your
organization and give me some reason to accept your cop out of the Pelosi
email message.

snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 401 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: Hello.

Please tell me where is FIRST BANK PLC

and who is EVANS LEE and DR,JOHN MARK

TrishDaDish

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TrishDaDish   Author's Homepage   E-mail TrishDaDish   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Whatever happened to Lee Evans, while we're at it? I watched {i]Mouse Hunt[/i] yesterday, and it got me to wondering what happened to him.

Trish "Guess I'll have to watch my Funny Bones tape for a Lee fix" DaDish

--------------------
I would prefer not to.
My blog

Posts: 4789 | From: Rhode Island | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Stoneage Dinosaur
We Wish You a Merry Giftmas

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stoneage Dinosaur   E-mail Stoneage Dinosaur   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Lee Evans is about to star in The History of Mr Polly, which should be on UK TV soon. I think he's been doing a lot of theatre work lately (he's been in the London version of The Producers) as well as doing his stand-up comedy.

--------------------
"You learn something new every day if you're not careful" - Wilf Lunn

Posts: 893 | From: Durham City, England | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
TrishDaDish

Icon 606 posted      Profile for TrishDaDish   Author's Homepage   E-mail TrishDaDish   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Snow/Neige Dinosaur:
Lee Evans is about to star in The History of Mr Polly, which should be on UK TV soon. I think he's been doing a lot of theatre work lately (he's been in the London version of The Producers) as well as doing his stand-up comedy.

Which does little for me in the States, dang it!

--------------------
I would prefer not to.
My blog

Posts: 4789 | From: Rhode Island | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 19 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: I subscribe to snopes.com. Was there a particular article you wished to draw to my attention??

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages