snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Non-UL Chat » We've Got Mail! » And hurry! (Page 6)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: And hurry!
TrekkerScout
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TrekkerScout     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Why do you need to be in the ocean to talk about flesh eating diseases?
Posts: 306 | From: Tacoma, WA | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 24 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: To Whom;
I what to know about apple cider vinegar .
If it is good for you to drink?
I heard it can help you loose weight if take 1 Tablespoon be for you
eat it will curb your hunger is this true?

Posts: 36029 | From: Admin | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Norton II
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Norton II   E-mail Norton II       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Drink a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar three times a day and you will lose weight. Remember to get rid of the taste of the vinegar by drinking a double-thick chocolate milkshake immediately afterwards.

--------------------
Emperor of the United States and Protector of Mexico

Posts: 287 | From: Mystic, CT | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 86 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: Hello! I has wondering if you could tell me if it is true that
department stores preserve thier cloths with formaldehyde or other toxic
chemicals to protect them untill you get the item home?

Posts: 36029 | From: Admin | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
lazerus the duck
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lazerus the duck   E-mail lazerus the duck   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I love getting a new suit for that freshly embalmed smell.

--------------------
All the world's a face, And all the men and women merely acne.

Posts: 673 | From: Glasgow, Scotland | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Amethyst Dragon
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Amethyst Dragon   E-mail Amethyst Dragon   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
oh absolutly!! we have the big ol' dipping vat right next to the microwave in the breakroom.

Amethyst "i should know, i work retail" Dragon

Posts: 255 | From: New York | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Norton II
Deck the Malls

Icon 98 posted      Profile for Norton II   E-mail Norton II       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by lazerus the duck:
I love getting a new suit for that freshly embalmed smell.

YOMANK! [Big Grin]

--------------------
Emperor of the United States and Protector of Mexico

Posts: 287 | From: Mystic, CT | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 24 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: Can drinking your own urine or blood really sustain you if you're
without water for days? Also, is it true that drinking your own urine
after it passes through your body three times is lethal, does it depend on
what you consumed or something else? Thanks for reading, this is
potentially life saving information.

rockland6674
We Wish You a Merry Giftmas

Icon 95 posted      Profile for rockland6674         Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by snopes:
Comment: Can drinking your own urine or blood really sustain you if you're without water for days? Also, is it true that drinking your own urine after it passes through your body three times is lethal, does it depend on what you consumed or something else? Thanks for reading, this is potentially life saving information.

Sincerely,
David Blaine.

Posts: 934 | From: Massachusetts | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 18 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: Is there really a vampire butterfly?
LizzyJingleBells
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LizzyJingleBells   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Of course there is. In fact, it's...RIGHT BEHIND YOU!!!

--------------------
Come on, come on, we were once upon a time in love
If the only prayer you say in your life is thank you, that would suffice. - Meister Eckhart My Blog

Posts: 7725 | From: Columbus, Ohio | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Ieuan ab Arthur
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ieuan ab Arthur     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Hi All:

quote:
Comment: Is there really a vampire butterfly?

You mean danaus draculis, I think. Yes, they fly about the gardens of North America looking for human victims to feed their insatiable bloodlust. Once a victim is spotted, the vampire butterfly flutters down, attaches its long, curving probiscos to the victim's throat, and drains the average human of blood in under 30 seconds. The victim can struggle, but to no avail. Once a vampire butterfly locks on, there's no escape.

Unfortunately, that's not the worst. At midnight on the next fool moon, the victim of the vampire butterfly rises as "butterfly undead." These individuals are then cursed to live a life of gamboling about people's back gardens and sticking their noses into flowers. They are easily recognized by the yellow pollen staining their faces, and by the frequent facial bee stings received after sticking their noses into already occupied flowers.

In late summer and early fall, the butterfly undead gather in large flocks for the arduous migration to Mexico. It is not uncommon to see groups of them gamboling southward. However, many do not survive the journey, being run over by 18-wheelers or being shot by people who don't understand why undead people want to gambol.

So, the next time you see a butterfly fluttering harmlessly around your garden, run! Run, run, run! Run away as fast as you can! Run for your very life. Tell all your friends and neighbours to run too! You never know, it could be a vampire butterfly.

Ta ra 'wan,

Ieuan "visiting hours 3:00 - 6:00" ab Arthur

--------------------
"I e-mail or I don't e-mail. The magic just happens" - From OP in We've Got Mail

Y Gwir Yn Erbyn Y Byd

Posts: 626 | From: Toronto, Ontario | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
lazerus the duck
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lazerus the duck   E-mail lazerus the duck   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
If you ever see someone chewing a toothpick beware, it could be a Vampire Butterfly Hunter.
Often seen hunting there prey with toothpick ready in mouth to quickly load their blowpipes and strike at the heart of the dreaded butterfly.

--------------------

Posts: 673 | From: Glasgow, Scotland | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 37 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: my biology teacher told me
that if a man doesn't release semen regularly, his testicles would explode
and/or something horrible would happen to him.

Stoneage Dinosaur

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stoneage Dinosaur   E-mail Stoneage Dinosaur   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
His testicles would explode, but nothing horrible happens to him.

--------------------
"You learn something new every day if you're not careful" - Wilf Lunn

Posts: 893 | From: Durham City, England | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
lazerus the duck
The First USA Noel

quote:

Now just kneel down, open your mouth and shut your eyes.

--------------------

Rob D / Blackwolf, the yule dodo
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rob D / Blackwolf, the yule dodo   Author's Homepage   E-mail Rob D / Blackwolf, the yule dodo   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

fortunately the average male does release his semen regularly and those testicular detonations (also called Testbombs) are limited to Michael Jackson without access to kids and inmates of cloisters.

--------------------
~Reality, the refuge of those who fail in RPGs~
aka Darkfist Dragon
-==(UDIC)==-

Posts: 334 | From: Lancaster, Ohio | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 206 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: what can a sonic boom do to you at 500 feet
rockland6674

Icon 05 posted      Profile for rockland6674         Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

Eh? Speak up, Sonny. How do you expect people to understand you, when you mumble like that?

- rock "...and will someone answer that gosh-durned TELEPHONE?" land

Posts: 934 | From: Massachusetts | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
lazerus the duck
The First USA Noel

quote:

Well Guiles Sonic Boom only took off about 5% of your life points and he was only standing about 10 paces away.

--------------------

snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 81 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: Ive been told that if you fart, sneeze, cough, and hiccup at the
same time you die. Is this true? I need to know, becuase i have a cold and
am gassy, and im worried about getting the hiccups ...

snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 212 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: i JUSST DID,i AM BOTHERED EVERY DAY WITH THESE PHONY E-MAILS
TELLING ME i AM A WINNER,AND SO ON,PLS. ADVISE,i AM A VERY OLD LADY ,AND
MY NERVES JUST CANNOT TAKE IT

snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 218 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: If a guy ejaculates and some gets on his hand and then he touches
the girls nether regions, can she get pregnant? if the guy washes his
hands before he touches her can she? If there is semen on his underwear
and that touches the girl down there can she?

Karmyn
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karmyn   E-mail Karmyn   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
She has to ovulating first.

--------------------
"I have a very cunning plan."

Posts: 506 | From: Texas | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Nonny Mouse, on Santa's laptop
Once in Royal Circuit City

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nonny Mouse, on Santa's laptop   Author's Homepage   E-mail Nonny Mouse, on Santa's laptop   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Just a thought, but maybe this guy ought to invest in some condoms.

Nonny

--------------------
When there isn't anything else worth analyzing, we examine our collective navel. I found thirty-six cents in change in mine the other day. Let no one say that there is no profit in philosophy. -- Silas Sparkhammer

Posts: 10141 | From: Toronto, Ontario | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Karmyn
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karmyn   E-mail Karmyn   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Or at least rubber gloves.

--------------------
"I have a very cunning plan."

Posts: 506 | From: Texas | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Fun with a 9mm
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fun with a 9mm   E-mail Fun with a 9mm   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
"Nether Regions"?? Is Anne Rice writing pseudonymously again?

--------------------
I'm not mean, you're just a big sissy. -Happy Bunny

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.- Verbal Kint

Trespassers will be pelted with jellyfish.- Daniel Cluley

Posts: 221 | From: Bradenton, FL | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Izzy Quigley
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Izzy Quigley   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Comment: i JUSST DID,i AM BOTHERED EVERY DAY WITH THESE PHONY E-MAILS
TELLING ME i AM A WINNER,AND SO ON,PLS. ADVISE,i AM A VERY OLD LADY ,AND
MY NERVES JUST CANNOT TAKE IT

You think that's bad? There was this other old lady who got anonymous phone calls every night, and the guy would say, "Gladys, you're a winner!" and then laugh hysterically and hang up. So she called the police, and it turned out the calls were coming from inside the house. And then she heard footsteps coming slowwwwwly down the stairs...

--------------------
A Viennese fellow is walking along the Karntner Strasse and notices a banana peel lying in his path. "Alas," he sighs, "now I must slip and fall down!"

Posts: 506 | From: Missouri | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 304 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: A rumor has been going around my workplace (many of us and our
clients travel internationally to China and Russia) that people either
leaving those countries, or entering the US (I can't remember which) were
fined something like $15,000 each for POSESSION only of one or two pirated
DVDs or CDs. This is too much for me to believe, but several people swear
they heard it on NPR, or it happened to a friend of theirs. Can you check
it out?

Major D. Saster
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Major D. Saster         Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

Don't be afraid, it won't kill you: if you fart, sneeze, cough and hiccup at the same time you'll only shit in your pants.

--------------------
Desperate, but not serious.

Posts: 689 | From: Confoederatio Helvetica | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Fun with a 9mm
Deck the Malls

Icon 98 posted      Profile for Fun with a 9mm   E-mail Fun with a 9mm   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Major D. Saster:
quote:

Don't be afraid, it won't kill you: if you fart, sneeze, cough and hiccup at the same time you'll only shit in your pants.
LOLOL...I've seen it happen! [lol]

--------------------
I'm not mean, you're just a big sissy. -Happy Bunny

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.- Verbal Kint

Trespassers will be pelted with jellyfish.- Daniel Cluley

Posts: 221 | From: Bradenton, FL | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Major D. Saster
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Major D. Saster         Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Fun with a 9mm:
quote:
Originally posted by Major D. Saster:
quote:

LOLOL...I've seen it happen! [lol]
Yet, I could add :

If you fart, sneeze, cough, hiccup *AND BURP* at the same time, then you'll NFBSKing die !

Be cautious.

--------------------

Posts: 689 | From: Confoederatio Helvetica | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Major D. Saster
The First USA Noel

quote:

Same as at 1'000 feet. If you're sitting in the plane, your sonic boom is following you and annoys the neighbourhood, but you'll *never hear it*!!

Basic physics are fun, aren't they ?

On the other hand, if you're the pilot, a sonic boom at 500 feet - let's say over a suburbian area - will bring you in heavy trouble, if not in front of a court-martial.

Does that answer the question ?

--------------------

The Pikey Snow Queen
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Pikey Snow Queen   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

[lol]

I've just spent about five minutes laughing at this!

--------------------
Brosandi. Hendumst hringi
Hldumst hendur
Allur heimurinn skr
Nema stendur

Posts: 694 | From: York, UK | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 98 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: Is it true you can drown from drinking too much water? If so,
what is the definition of too much water?

This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages