snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Non-UL Chat » We've Got Mail! » And hurry! (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: And hurry!
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 86 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: IS THE FLUORESCENT "VASELINE" GLASS, INVENTED IN 1850'S BOHIMIA
AND MADE WITH URANIUM OXIDE, HAZARDOUS TO USE (DISHWARE)OR KEEP ON THE
DISPLAY SHELF?

Posts: 36029 | From: Admin | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Page Three
Deck the Malls

Icon 37 posted      Profile for Page Three     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by snopes:
Comment: IS THE FLUORESCENT "VASELINE" GLASS, INVENTED IN 1850'S BOHIMIA
AND MADE WITH URANIUM OXIDE, HAZARDOUS TO USE (DISHWARE)OR KEEP ON THE
DISPLAY SHELF?

No and no. Why do I get the weird feeling (s)he was hoping it would be, though?
Posts: 315 | From: Berlin, Germany | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 81 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: If you put grits (uncooked) on a ant hill, will the ants eat them and die?
Posts: 36029 | From: Admin | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Brad from Georgia
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brad from Georgia   Author's Homepage   E-mail Brad from Georgia   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Comment: If you put grits (uncooked) on a ant hill, will the ants eat them and die?

Yes, they will die. But then when you cook the grits, they taste like formic acid.

--------------------
"No hard feelin's and HOPpy New Year!"--Walt Kelly
Hear what you're missing: ARTC podcasts! http://artcpodcast.org/

Posts: 7581 | From: Gainesville, Georgia | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Ganzfeld
Let There Be PCs on Earth

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ganzfeld     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
But they have more protein that way.
Posts: 4922 | From: Kyoto, Japan | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 202 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: I was wondering if standing in front of the microwave while reheating
something (a meal, some coffee, etc.) makes you lose brain cells. My
friend told me that it does, but I'm not sure if it's true, or that you
have to be in front of the microwave for a certain amount of time before
you start to lose brain cells.

Senior

Icon 212 posted      Profile for Senior   E-mail Senior       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Get yourself a can of this. Put it in a bowl and weigh the full bowl. Stick the bowl in front of a microwave. Place a bag of popcorn into the microwave and pop according to the directions. After the popcorn has popped, weigh the bowl again. See if there is a weight change. Let us know the results.

--------------------
Ad astra per asparagus.

Posts: 4806 | From: Groton, CT | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 96 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: i heard that when you take a extasy pill it drains your spinal
fluid is this true?

snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 81 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: I heard that some one can choke on food hours after they have
eaten. that part of the food such as a potatoe skin can get stuck in the
sinus cavities and then choke you hours later such as during your sleep.

Senior

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Senior   E-mail Senior       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
And if you eat beans or cabbage or some other gas-making foods, you can fart so much in your sleep that you can asphyxiate yourself.

--------------------
Ad astra per asparagus.

Posts: 4806 | From: Groton, CT | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Drainfluid
Deck the Malls

Icon 302 posted      Profile for Drainfluid   E-mail Drainfluid   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

I, for one, regularly snort potato skins into my sinuses. Better than cocaine, and you get roughage!
Posts: 305 | From: South Africa | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
mags
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mags     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

So stop eating through your nose. Seriously.
Posts: 550 | From: Springboro, OH | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 218 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: I find on the internet many websites that say that up to 95% of
Americans have parasites.... is this true?

snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 84 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: did ciara have a dick when she was born and if she did can you
send a picture

snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Comment: Does Lysol cause cancer?
Senior

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Senior   E-mail Senior       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
It prevents cancer. Drink a quart/liter of Lysol and your cancer worries will be over.

--------------------
Ad astra per asparagus.

Menolly
We Three Blings

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Menolly   E-mail Menolly   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Comment: I find on the internet many websites that say that up to 95% of
Americans have parasites.... is this true?

Yes, it's true. We even have one that waves Old Glory while standing on our left shoulder. Aren't you jealous now?

--------------------
Let's just pretend we're normal for a minute ~ New favorite T-shirt quote

Posts: 1193 | From: Ohio | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 503 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: My roomate keeps telling me that he's heard stories/read articles
(one apparently being in National Geographic magazine) that the fumes from
used cat litter can cause insanity in humans. I've searched the web and
am only coming up with the documented, parasite in the feces, issue that
is a problem for pregnant women and people with compromised immune
systems.

Canuckistan

Icon 503 posted      Profile for Canuckistan   E-mail Canuckistan   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Comment: My roomate keeps telling me that he's heard stories/read articles
(one apparently being in National Geographic magazine) that the fumes from
used cat litter can cause insanity in humans. I've searched the web and
am only coming up with the documented, parasite in the feces, issue that
is a problem for pregnant women and people with compromised immune
systems.

I don't know why, but this just seemed appropriate. (Warning: NSFW language involved.)

--------------------
People need to stop appropriating Jesus as their reason for behaving badly. It's so irritating. (Avril)

Posts: 8429 | From: New York run by the Swiss (Toronto) | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 04 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: can you tell me if black magic is it all bullshit or not?
do love spells work?

fencer
I'm Dreaming of a White Sale

Icon 1 posted      Profile for fencer     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
[qb] I am verry interested in Wolves and Wolf Humans, so send to me ASAP if you can.

Apparently he decided against the St. Bernard

Posts: 24 | From: Ferndale, MI | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 97 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: Is it true that in New Jersey, or anywhere else. That doctors are
telling pregnant women that they should not eat in a Deli because there is
bacteria on the slicers that my be harmful to their unborn child. Is this
true from anywhere on earth.

Drainfluid
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Drainfluid   E-mail Drainfluid   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I have heard that they have problems with deli slicers in Sierra Leone. But I heard that from a friend of a friend.
Posts: 305 | From: South Africa | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
arnie
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 1 posted      Profile for arnie     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I wouldn't trust slicers in Delhi. The slicers in Mumbai, though, are quite clean.

--------------------
De gustibus non est disputandum.

Posts: 593 | From: Charlton, Sarf Lunnon | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 602 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: What stores sell lemon joy in the Ottawa, Ontario Canada
area. I cannot find it anywhere. Please advise.

snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 104 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: I would love to know about wearwolf spring's it's off of 46 in
dickson tn. if you could fin any information on this let me know or send
it to me. thank's

snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Comment: Can you provide me with the name and e-mail address of the
Program Director for Discovery Channels' new TV series "I shouldn't be
alive"?

snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Comment: if you eat a whole tube of toothpate do you die?
Bored and Dangerous
Markdown, the Herald Angels Sing

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bored and Dangerous   Author's Homepage   E-mail Bored and Dangerous   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

Why don't you try it and see? Then we'll all know.

--------------------
My blog

Watch?? I'm gonna pray, man! Know any good religions?--Zaphod Beeblebrox

Posts: 2366 | From: Harrisonburg, Virginia | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Canuckistan

Icon 212 posted      Profile for Canuckistan   E-mail Canuckistan   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Comment: Can you provide me with the name and e-mail address of the Program Director for Discovery Channels' new TV series "I shouldn't be alive"?

How about we all just tell you to JUMP! JUMP! JUMP!

Would that be okay?

--------------------
People need to stop appropriating Jesus as their reason for behaving badly. It's so irritating. (Avril)

Posts: 8429 | From: New York run by the Swiss (Toronto) | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Ieuan ab Arthur
The First USA Noel

Icon 217 posted      Profile for Ieuan ab Arthur     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Hi All:

quote:

Yes, but at least you'll have really clean teeth.

Ta ra 'wan,

Ieuan "brusha, brusha" ab Arthur

--------------------
"I e-mail or I don't e-mail. The magic just happens" - From OP in We've Got Mail

Y Gwir Yn Erbyn Y Byd

Posts: 626 | From: Toronto, Ontario | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 104 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: Hapless job applicant to get job must submit bank info company
then takes info sells it over seas(untracable) then fires said applicant
after reaping "rewards".Worst case scenario applicant has deadly work
related accident,giving the "company"free reign on the applicants assets
and credit. This is happenning as we speak and i am afraid for my
life!This is no joke.Please search fraud complaints. I am sincerly concerned as i will
start this "so called" job tomorow.I am 52 years old and have worked all
my life but never have i been so worried and scared.I will bring
mace,cellphone,and leave email stating "if not heard from in 12 hrs call
police".The owner seems to be very adept at keeping up
appearances.But there are telltale traces of chicanery.Also other
employees seem to perform as if on cue conversations are empty of real
content. If there ever was a fake company I think Ive hit the jackpot!
Please respond,emergency! thank you for listening

snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 04 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
I will bring mace,cellphone,and leave email stating "if not heard from in 12 hrs call
police".

That's darn near my description of the perfect date.

- snopes

Squoval
It Came Upon a Midnight Clearance

Icon 04 posted      Profile for Squoval   Author's Homepage   E-mail Squoval   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Well, that's damn near my perfect date.

You, me, eh?

( [fish] )

--------------------
I can't believe it's not Square!

Posts: 3147 | From: W-S, North Carolina | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 214 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: is it true that Silvia Brown the phsyic that appears on Montel
really cost $700 per 30 min. to talk to?

This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages