snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Non-UL Chat » We've Got Mail! » And hurry! (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: And hurry!
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 106 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Dr. Laura I love your program. I need your help.
Tell Dr. Laura I love her. Tell Dr. Laura I need her. Tell Dr. Laura I may be late. I've something to do that cannot wait.

- snopes

Posts: 36029 | From: Admin | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
rockland6674
We Wish You a Merry Giftmas

Icon 506 posted      Profile for rockland6674         Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by snopes:
I am verry interested in Wolves and Wolf Humans, so send to me ASAP if you can.

Would you like them gift-wrapped?
Posts: 934 | From: Massachusetts | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 37 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: Rumor has it that raising the temperature of the testicles is an
effective form of birth control for males. My roommate gave me this tidbit
of information, and is currently sitting in his room with a rice-sock in
his pants. I have not found much information on this solution, and what I
have found doesn't seem to be from very reputable sources. I did a search
for "testicular heating" on google. Is there any reputable literature on
testicular heating and is testicular heating actually a viable form of
birth control?

This is the site that seems to be the original source of this information.
http://www.puzzlepiece.org/bcontrol/malebc.html

Posts: 36029 | From: Admin | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Rob D / Blackwolf, the yule dodo
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rob D / Blackwolf, the yule dodo   Author's Homepage   E-mail Rob D / Blackwolf, the yule dodo   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Comment: An uban legend of Wolf humans, lancothropes, or AKA Warewolves.
Sure many say this is false but are there actually creatures like that? Or
where there in the past? I am verry interested in Wolves and Wolf Humans,
so send to me ASAP if you can.

uban legend? Do you maybe mean U-bahn legend, a legend told in german subways? But then, I would not be worried about lancothropes, as they would be rather lank and not enough of a trouble. You could almost say they are SoftWarewolves, you just find them now making illegal copies of computer programs.

--------------------
~Reality, the refuge of those who fail in RPGs~
aka Darkfist Dragon
-==(UDIC)==-

Posts: 334 | From: Lancaster, Ohio | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Rob D / Blackwolf, the yule dodo
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rob D / Blackwolf, the yule dodo   Author's Homepage   E-mail Rob D / Blackwolf, the yule dodo   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
effective form of birth control for males. My roommate gave me this tidbit
of information, and is currently sitting in his room with a rice-sock in
his pants. I have not found much information on this solution, and what I
have found doesn't seem to be from very reputable sources. I did a search
for "testicular heating" on google. Is there any reputable literature on
testicular heating and is testicular heating actually a viable form of
birth control?

Indeed it is. It's called the "Boiled Egg System". You simply have to heat them up to 450F or higher for ten minutes and you wont have to worry about getting a woman pregnant.

--------------------
~Reality, the refuge of those who fail in RPGs~
aka Darkfist Dragon
-==(UDIC)==-

Posts: 334 | From: Lancaster, Ohio | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 505 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: I am looking for "any" information on DRY ICE. ( Medical,Dangers
To Humans & Animals, Etc. THANK YOU!!

rockland6674

Icon 23 posted      Profile for rockland6674         Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Comment: Rumor has it that raising the temperature of the testicles is an effective form of birth control for males.

[street vender] "Hot nuts! Get yer hot nuts here! Hot nuts!" [/street vender]
Posts: 934 | From: Massachusetts | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Izzy Quigley
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 104 posted      Profile for Izzy Quigley   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
effective form of birth control for males.

I actually heard this one from my high school anatomy teacher. He said that it was used in ancient China, where men would sit with their testes submerged in a pot of hot water a few minutes before doing the deed. Not sure how effective that would be, though.

--------------------
A Viennese fellow is walking along the Karntner Strasse and notices a banana peel lying in his path. "Alas," he sighs, "now I must slip and fall down!"

Posts: 506 | From: Missouri | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Kathy B
Angels Wii Have Heard on High

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Kathy B     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Comment: Rumor has it that raising the temperature of the testicles is an effective form of birth control for males.

According to a few journal articles I read, all you have to do is get the right job, or become a paraplegic. I found journal articles that found higher incidences of infertility in :
Bakers
Professional drivers
Ceramic oven operators
Welders
Men who take a lot of hot (not warm) baths
Men who sit for hours a day with a laptop in the right place
Paraplegics

But taking a bath right before, uh, "doing the deed," ain't gonna work. The deal with temperature is consistent exposure to high temperature reduces both quantity & quality of sperm. Since spermatogenesis takes time, well, they guy's roommate had better stop at the drugstore on his way.

OR, the roommate can follow the method used by this guy--he contrived a pair of underpants that kept his testicles pushed into his abdomen all day. Male Contraception Using Testicular Heating

[edited to correct a botched sentenced & some typos.]

--------------------
The plural of "anecdote" is not "data."

Posts: 4255 | From: Sacramento, CA | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Pork Chop
Anchovy of a 1000 Days

Icon 98 posted      Profile for Pork Chop   E-mail Pork Chop   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Snip... I did a search
for "testicular heating" on google. Snip...

I would have loved to see those results! [lol]

ETA: They weren't as funny as I thought they would be.

--------------------
Have you heard the Word?
Praise Hircine!

Posts: 283 | From: Ohio | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Dr. Winston O'Boogie
Markdown, the Herald Angels Sing

Icon 05 posted      Profile for Dr. Winston O'Boogie   Author's Homepage   E-mail Dr. Winston O'Boogie   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Kathy B:
According to a few journal articles I read, all you have to do is get the right job, or become a paraplegic. They found journal articles that found higher incidences of fertility in :
Bakers
Professional drivers....[/QB]

Ummm, Kathy, is that a typo? Did you mean higher incidences of infertility, or are you saying the exact oposite - that if you toast them you get more swimmers?

--------------------
"The large print givith, and the small print taketh away" -- Tom Waits, Step Right Up

"The only difference between me and a madman is that I am not mad." -- Salvador Dali

Posts: 2443 | From: Illinois | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Kathy B
Angels Wii Have Heard on High

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kathy B     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Egad! you are right, good Dr. O'Boogie; it's a typo. I revised that sentece a couple of times and clearly screwed it up. I am now off to edit.

--------------------
The plural of "anecdote" is not "data."

Posts: 4255 | From: Sacramento, CA | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Eve MG
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eve MG   Author's Homepage   E-mail Eve MG   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Remember the TV show "Coach" with Craig T. Nelson? When he and Shelley Fabares finally got married, they wanted to have a baby, but Coach didn't have good "swimmers." The doctor said to him, "As a football player, I bet you spent a lot of time in the hot tub." (For relaxing muscles, I think he meant.) Coach said yes, and the doctor said, "Think about your three minute egg when you drop that into boiling water..." and made his point.

--------------------
I love dairy! Does that mean I can't be a vegan?

Posts: 1569 | From: Upstate NY | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 24 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: YES MY NAME IS CINDY AND I WOULD LIKE TO ASK A QUESTION ABOUT RED
BULL. MY DAUGHTER IS 24 YEARS OLD AND SHE HAS LOST ALOT OF WEIGHT, WE
COULD NOT UNDERSTAND HOW SHE WAS LOSING IT, WE WOULD ASK HER AND SHE WOULD
SAY I DO NOT KNOW. WELL ONE DAY WE SAW HER DRINKING RED BULL NOT JUST ONE
BUT UP TO 4 CANS MY HUSBAND SAID THAT IS HOW SHE IS LOSING HER WEIGHT,
COULD YOU TELL ME IF THAT IS TRUE, I THINK SHE WAS DRINKING ALL OF THOSE
CANS AND NOT EATING ANYTHING ALSO CAN YOU GET ADDICT TO THEM, I THINK MY
DAUGHTER HAS, AND IF SHE IS HOW DO WE GET HER OFF OF IT.

Ms Congeniality
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ms Congeniality   E-mail Ms Congeniality   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
HEY! TAKE OFF THE CAPS KEY@

--------------------
Queen of Confusion

Posts: 311 | From: Miami, FL | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Canuckistan
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 607 posted      Profile for Canuckistan   E-mail Canuckistan   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Comment: YES MY NAME IS CINDY AND I WOULD LIKE TO ASK A QUESTION ABOUT RED BULL. MY DAUGHTER IS 24 YEARS OLD AND SHE HAS LOST ALOT OF WEIGHT, WE COULD NOT UNDERSTAND HOW SHE WAS LOSING IT, WE WOULD ASK HER AND SHE WOULD SAY I DO NOT KNOW. WELL ONE DAY WE SAW HER DRINKING RED BULL NOT JUST ONE BUT UP TO 4 CANS MY HUSBAND SAID THAT IS HOW SHE IS LOSING HER WEIGHT, COULD YOU TELL ME IF THAT IS TRUE, I THINK SHE WAS DRINKING ALL OF THOSE CANS AND NOT EATING ANYTHING ALSO CAN YOU GET ADDICT TO THEM, I THINK MY DAUGHTER HAS, AND IF SHE IS HOW DO WE GET HER OFF OF IT.

IT'S NOT THE RED BULL! IT'S THE FACT THAT HER PARENTS KEEP YELLING AT HER! SHE HAS NO SELF-ESTEEM ANYMORE!

See how you're causing the problem?

Conversely, if she's losing her appetite because of a substance, Red Bull probably isn't the stimulant in question.

--------------------
People need to stop appropriating Jesus as their reason for behaving badly. It's so irritating. (Avril)

Posts: 8429 | From: New York run by the Swiss (Toronto) | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
YeeMum
Happy Xmas (Warranty Is Over)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for YeeMum   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
[q]AND NOT EATING ANYTHING [/q]

That MIGHT be it?

[q]Izzy said:I actually heard this one from my high school anatomy teacher. He said that it was used in ancient China, where men would sit with their testes submerged in a pot of hot water a few minutes before doing the deed. Not sure how effective that would be, though.[/q]
And we know there are not very many ppl in china

--------------------
Contact me for discounts
Charter member WNDMDC
"I am putting you on hold now.Listen to the elevator music and LIKE it."~My 'J'

Posts: 1816 | From: NE, Oregon | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Ulkomaalainen
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ulkomaalainen     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Comment: YES MY NAME IS CINDY

Really, is it? Incredible. Who would have thought such things could happen.

Oh, about Red Bull. Well, it's a very sweet carbonated drink. 4 cans should be enough to make your daughter fat. If not, encourage further drinking.

--------------------
Movie characters never make typing mistakes.

Posts: 586 | From: Hamburg, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 23 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: the other day i hered that for every Krispy Kreme Doguhnut you
eat 1 year is removed from your lifespan. Is it true?

rockland6674

Icon 81 posted      Profile for rockland6674         Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Comment: the other day i hered that for every Krispy Kreme Doguhnut you eat 1 year is removed from your lifespan. Is it true?

Yes, it's true. I've been dead for 23 years.

- rock "Does that make me a ghost writer?" land

Kid Kilowatt
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kid Kilowatt   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

No wonder their stock plummeted. Those donuts are worse than plutonium!

--------------------
The book says, "We might be through with the past, but the past ain't through with us."
- Magnolia

Posts: 252 | From: East Greenwich, RI, what! | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Ryda Wong, EBfCo.
It Came Upon a Midnight Clearance

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ryda Wong, EBfCo.   E-mail Ryda Wong, EBfCo.   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

No, but saying "hered" in my hearing will.....

--------------------
So many spankings! It feels so good! But at the same time, I don't care about meeting your family! - I'mNotDedalus:

Posts: 3216 | From: Denver, CO | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Mad Jay
Let There Be PCs on Earth

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mad Jay     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

If it is true, then that's a fun way to commit suicide

--------------------
Nico Sasha
In between my father's fields;And the citadels of the rule; Lies a no-man's land which I must cross; To find my stolen jewel.

Posts: 4912 | From: VA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Drainfluid
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Drainfluid   E-mail Drainfluid   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

But how would you know that one year had been removed? Or am I the only one who didn't get a manual saying when I was going to die?
Posts: 305 | From: South Africa | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
itsalx
No, I'm a frayed knot.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for itsalx     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

Which year? Is someone going to come along and take back the year I was 25? That was a pretty good year, and I don't want to lose it.

--------------------
There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary and those who do not.

Posts: 62 | From: Woodbridge, VA | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Dr. Winston O'Boogie
Markdown, the Herald Angels Sing

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dr. Winston O'Boogie   Author's Homepage   E-mail Dr. Winston O'Boogie   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by itsalx:
quote:

Which year? Is someone going to come along and take back the year I was 25? That was a pretty good year, and I don't want to lose it.
And... and... and... and what if they take away the year I was 6 and learned to ride a bicycle? If they take away 1988, am I still a virgin?

--------------------
"The large print givith, and the small print taketh away" -- Tom Waits, Step Right Up

"The only difference between me and a madman is that I am not mad." -- Salvador Dali

Posts: 2443 | From: Illinois | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
zman977

Icon 1 posted      Profile for zman977   Author's Homepage   E-mail zman977   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Dr. Winston O'Boogie:
quote:
Originally posted by itsalx:
quote:

And... and... and... and what if they take away the year I was 6 and learned to ride a bicycle? If they take away 1988, am I still a virgin?
As long as it is the adult diaper nurseing home years I'll gladly give those up.

--------------------
Check out the podcast at www.candidradio.com

Ever notice how we always fall in love? We never climb gently in to love, or step lightly in to love. If love is such a good thing than why is it described as a fall.

Posts: 918 | From: La Salle Illinois USA | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 606 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: My brouser seems to be stuck on Feb 20th daily snopes. I'm so
upset. Any suggestions?

snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 81 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: can human urine and bleach make a deadly gas?
Squoval

Icon 81 posted      Profile for Squoval   Author's Homepage   E-mail Squoval   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Try it. Please.

--------------------
I can't believe it's not Square!

Posts: 3147 | From: W-S, North Carolina | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Squoval

Icon 506 posted      Profile for Squoval   Author's Homepage   E-mail Squoval   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Comment: My brouser seems to be stuck on Feb 20th daily snopes. I'm so
upset. Any suggestions?

I'm at a loss. If it was your browser, I might be able to help. [fish]

--------------------

Posts: 3147 | From: W-S, North Carolina | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 24 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: hiccups mean you're growing.????
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 97 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: I just had a friend tell me that if you use pledge dusting spray
while you are pregnant, you child could end up being born with a cleft
palate. Do you have any info on this?

Squoval

Icon 97 posted      Profile for Squoval   Author's Homepage   E-mail Squoval   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Well, I would recommend that you don't ingest any household cleaning products, no matter if you're pregnant or not.

--------------------

Squoval

Icon 24 posted      Profile for Squoval   Author's Homepage   E-mail Squoval   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Comment: hiccups mean you're growing.????

No, but I do think that you are drunk.

--------------------

This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages