snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Non-UL Chat » We've Got Mail! » And hurry! (Page 0)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: And hurry!
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 604 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: My sister is on vacation in california. While at my dads house 2
birds flew into the house. i know one bird is usually superstitious of
death. does 2 birds have any significance? She flies back on an airplane
tonight.

Posts: 36029 | From: Admin | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Mickey is a Hanukkah Bush
O Come Let Us Adore Sales

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mickey is a Hanukkah Bush   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
No, that's a signal that you need to smoke some marijuana.

--------------------
My mom, about my nervousness with Jeopardy!: "Don't worry about it. Just get drunk and you'll do fine."
Blog Just call me Mickey 2

Posts: 3295 | From: Radford, VA/Herndon, VA/Orlando, FL | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Menolly
We Three Blings

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Menolly   E-mail Menolly   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by snopes:
Comment:~snip~While at my dads house 2
birds flew into the house. does 2 birds have any significance?

Yes. 2 birds means that you actually live in...a bush. Go 'way now.

--------------------
Let's just pretend we're normal for a minute ~ New favorite T-shirt quote

Posts: 1193 | From: Ohio | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
kitoboo
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kitoboo   E-mail kitoboo   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I had a pet bird once that was very supersitious. He would get quite agitated when a black cat crossed his path.

kitoBOO

----

Posts: 399 | From: North Carolina | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Izzy Quigley
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 214 posted      Profile for Izzy Quigley   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mickey is a ghoul:
No, that's a signal that you need to smoke some marijuana.

I think s/he's had more than enough already.

--------------------
A Viennese fellow is walking along the Karntner Strasse and notices a banana peel lying in his path. "Alas," he sighs, "now I must slip and fall down!"

Posts: 506 | From: Missouri | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 602 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: I'm not sure if Friday the 13th is real, and I have a football
game coming up on Friday...the 13th. I wanted to know if you honestly
believe this stuff. I kind of do, but I want to hear someone elses
opinion. Please write back ASAP.

Posts: 36029 | From: Admin | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Don Enrico
Happy Xmas (Warranty Is Over)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Don Enrico   E-mail Don Enrico   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Rest assured: Friday the 13th is real - it can be found just between Thursday the 12th and Saturday the 14th. You are not in danger of missing the day - or your football game.

Don "day dream believer" Enrico

--------------------
My spelling is Wobbly. It's good spelling, but it Wobbles, and the letters get in the wrong places. - Pooh Bear

Posts: 2209 | From: Hamburg, Germany | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Karmyn
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karmyn   E-mail Karmyn   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I hope Friday the 13th is a real day. My neice was born on Friday the 13th. I'd hate to think my Rooster-Poo wasn't real.

--------------------
"I have a very cunning plan."

Posts: 506 | From: Texas | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
KingDavid8
Markdown, the Herald Angels Sing

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KingDavid8   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Comment: I'm not sure if Friday the 13th is real, and I have a football
game coming up on Friday...the 13th. I wanted to know if you honestly
believe this stuff. I kind of do, but I want to hear someone elses
opinion. Please write back ASAP.

Actually, Friday the 13th is always bad luck when it comes to football. Whenever I've seen a football game on a Friday the 13th, one of the teams lost!

David

--------------------
www.MySpace.com/KDavid8

Posts: 2530 | From: Lansing, MI | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 96 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: Do VW Beatles really float?
Wicked Tinkerbell
Hock Harold Angel's Bling

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wicked Tinkerbell   E-mail Wicked Tinkerbell   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
We could contact Ringo and ask. Sir Paul may be busy at the moment.

Wicked 'I am the Walrus' T.

--------------------
"I'm not Irish, I'm Celtic. The difference? Celts cut off your head and put it on their door lintel." --Aimee Evilpixie
"People are bastard-covered bastards with bastard filling."--Scrubs

Posts: 269 | From: Oregon | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
evilrabbit
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 1 posted      Profile for evilrabbit   E-mail evilrabbit   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Dang. I was trying to think of a good joke for that...

--------------------
"My sandwich choice is uncertain, until I actually order. It's like Schrodinger's Sandwich."
"Is plutonium involved in this sandwich in any way?"
"Maybe."

Posts: 496 | From: Whitby, ON, Canada | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
lazerus the duck
The First USA Noel

Icon 08 posted      Profile for lazerus the duck   E-mail lazerus the duck   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

They ALL float down here. When your down here with us, you'll float too!

Just to go with the season.

--------------------
All the world's a face, And all the men and women merely acne.

Posts: 673 | From: Glasgow, Scotland | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Major D. Saster
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Major D. Saster         Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

I knew there was a VW Rolling Stones, but I never heard of a VW Beatles.

http://www.galery.1zu87.com/5714.html

Anyway, they rock, don't float.

Maybe the poster is confusing with the WWII Volkswagen "Schwimmwagen" which was amphibious.

http://www.vwschwimmwagen.de/

--------------------
Desperate, but not serious.

Posts: 689 | From: Confoederatio Helvetica | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Don Enrico
Happy Xmas (Warranty Is Over)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Don Enrico   E-mail Don Enrico   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I couldn't find a bigger picture, but here is proof that the VW Beetles that where around in 1962 in Hamburg didn't float (background right):

-

Don Enrico

--------------------
My spelling is Wobbly. It's good spelling, but it Wobbles, and the letters get in the wrong places. - Pooh Bear

Posts: 2209 | From: Hamburg, Germany | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Brad from Georgia
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brad from Georgia   Author's Homepage   E-mail Brad from Georgia   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

Ah, the old National Lampoon gag magazine ad: "If Teddy Kennedy drove a VW, he'd be president now!"

--------------------
"No hard feelin's and HOPpy New Year!"--Walt Kelly
Hear what you're missing: ARTC podcasts! http://artcpodcast.org/

Posts: 7581 | From: Gainesville, Georgia | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 603 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: Hello-
I use this site to verify viruses and things like that. I was wondering if
you could tell me about the latest piece of suspicious e-mail to come to
my inbox. I didn't open it, but I did put it immediately into my
spamkiller file. It's from
"there" with an "re: soda half " in subject line. I glanced at it while in
the spamkiller file and the body of the message was nonsense. Please tell
me I haven't infected my computer!! I did a quick scan and no infected
files were detected. Please advise.

snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 107 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: hi there,

does anybody know how to use the devils urine to change your face?

can you please reply back to me

lazerus the duck
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lazerus the duck   E-mail lazerus the duck   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Comment: hi there,

does anybody know how to use the devils urine to change your face?

Teenagers and their acne cures, buy spot cream like anyone else.

--------------------
All the world's a face, And all the men and women merely acne.

Posts: 673 | From: Glasgow, Scotland | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
rockland6674
We Wish You a Merry Giftmas

Icon 506 posted      Profile for rockland6674         Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

back to me
Posts: 934 | From: Massachusetts | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 81 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: What do you know about the msnbc alert on "Millions face risk
from drug-coated stents?" By Robert Bazell (NBC News) released Nov 21,
2006. Is this true or false?

I have a stent such as this and I'm concerned because the things reported
indicate I could suddenly drop dead.

Shoebox
I Saw Three Shipments

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shoebox   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Right. So you wouldn't want to do anything crazy like showing this article to your doctor, or anything...

--------------------
"Want you to know that if I had been there and they had of cooked you, I would not of eaten any." - Porkypine, Pogo

Posts: 71 | From: Toronto, Ontario | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 301 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: Just recently I have been told by one of our line medics that
ibuprofen/motrin causes the dick to shrink... But I don't believe him...
Can you tell me if this is true or not.

Brillo Bee
Wii Three Kings

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brillo Bee     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Let me guess... you had a headache earlier tonight....

--------------------
People do not wish to appear foolish; to avoid the appearance of foolishness, they are willing to remain actually fools. -Alice Walker

Posts: 335 | From: Minnesota | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
NZUL
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NZUL     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
It must be true. I took ibuprofen for a recent injury, and I have no dick at all!

--------------------
"We don't keep a certified whale-vomit expert on staff." - Larry Penny, Director, Natural Resources Department, Town of East Hampton

Posts: 377 | From: New Zealand | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 301 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: WHat do you have on the flesh eating Hobo Spider??
NZUL
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NZUL     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Six to one against.

--------------------
"We don't keep a certified whale-vomit expert on staff." - Larry Penny, Director, Natural Resources Department, Town of East Hampton

Posts: 377 | From: New Zealand | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
rockland6674

Icon 301 posted      Profile for rockland6674         Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

A bazooka.

C'mon, sucker. Make your move.

Posts: 934 | From: Massachusetts | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
NorthernLite
We Three Blings

Icon 602 posted      Profile for NorthernLite     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

Pictures and film. And if I don't receive one million dollars in the next twenty four hours I will make them public.

--------------------
You've got to remember that these are just simple farmers. These are people of the land. The common clay of the new West. You know... morons. -Blazing Saddles

Posts: 1074 | From: High Level, Alberta, Canada | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 24 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: I would like to know if poppyseed dressing or any form of there
of could produce positive results in a drug screen for marijuana. Your
site is very well organized and this info is imparative to me. Thank you
for your time.

snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 97 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: Hello, i have heard a rumour that I'm sceptical about.

The first version is that, if a woman goes into labor at Disneyland and
somehow has her baby on park property, she has to pay for an extra ticket.

Another version is that if a woman has her baby on park property, she and
the child get lifetime passes to the park inthanks of the publicity.

I am very skeptical about both of these claims, but would like to know for
sure.

rockland6674

Icon 24 posted      Profile for rockland6674         Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Comment: I would like to know if poppyseed dressing or any form of there of could produce positive results in a drug screen for marijuana. Your site is very well organized and this info is imparative to me. Thank you for your time.

Well, for starters, poppyseed dressing is very difficult to keep lit, both in a bong and rolled into a "joint".

- rock "...or so I've heard" land

KingDavid8
Markdown, the Herald Angels Sing

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KingDavid8   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Comment: Hello, i have heard a rumour that I'm sceptical about.

The first version is that, if a woman goes into labor at Disneyland and
somehow has her baby on park property, she has to pay for an extra ticket.

Another version is that if a woman has her baby on park property, she and
the child get lifetime passes to the park inthanks of the publicity.

I am very skeptical about both of these claims, but would like to know for
sure.

They're both true. She gets lifetime passes, but she has to pay for them.

David

--------------------
www.MySpace.com/KDavid8

Posts: 2530 | From: Lansing, MI | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 97 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: I want to know if it is possible for a baby that is a male in
nature to be born as a female.

NZUL
Deck the Malls

No. Thousands of trans-sexed girls the world over have been duped. They really are girls after all.

--------------------

This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages