snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Non-UL Chat » We've Got Mail! » How not to get on this message board (Page 7)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: How not to get on this message board
Doug4.7
Angels Wii Have Heard on High

Icon 302 posted      Profile for Doug4.7   E-mail Doug4.7   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by snopes:
Comment: I can.t login. You are telling me my password is incorrect. It is the one you just emailed me? Please explain. SORRY, IWAS wrong I MISSTOOK THE Z FOR A SEVEN

Snopes, I guess you need to make your typing more legible....
[Wink]

--------------------
And now for something completely different...

Posts: 4164 | From: Alabama | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Eddylizard
We Wish You a Merry Giftmas

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eddylizard     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Comment: I can.t login. You are telling me my password is incorrect. It is the one you just emailed me? Please explain. SORRY, IWAS wrong I MISSTOOK THE Z FOR A SEVEN

It's an easy mistake to make. I recall the looks of bewilderment on the faces of my family when I suggested last weekend we should go to the sevenoo, and that I was eager to look at the sevenebra.

Imagine my embarassment. [Big Grin]

--------------------
"Ladies and gentlemen, this is what is commonly known as money. It comes in all sizes, colours, and denominations - like people."

Posts: 997 | From: Maidstone, UK | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Canuckistan
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 212 posted      Profile for Canuckistan   E-mail Canuckistan   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

This is stream-of-consciousness at its most embarrassing.

--------------------
People need to stop appropriating Jesus as their reason for behaving badly. It's so irritating. (Avril)

Posts: 8429 | From: New York run by the Swiss (Toronto) | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
NorthernLite
We Three Blings

Icon 602 posted      Profile for NorthernLite     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I had a similar problem the first time I tried to log on. I had forgotten that snopes.com originated in the States and I typed in zed instead of zee. Imagine my embarrassment.

--------------------
You've got to remember that these are just simple farmers. These are people of the land. The common clay of the new West. You know... morons. -Blazing Saddles

Posts: 1074 | From: High Level, Alberta, Canada | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 101 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: Please give me another password, as the one you did email to me is not working.
Posts: 36029 | From: Admin | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Jackie in the Elevator
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jackie in the Elevator     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
You don't type the password, you say it three times into the monitor when all the lights are off.

--------------------
Free the West Memphis Three

Why are these cases still unsolved?

Posts: 1618 | From: Texas | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 606 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: DUUH!

Im trying to log in with the password provided by YOU and it is telling me it is the wrong password!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posts: 36029 | From: Admin | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 302 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: just registered and not accepting password
rockland6674

Icon 101 posted      Profile for rockland6674         Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Im trying to log in with the password provided by YOU and it is telling me it is the wrong password!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We sent you the wrong password by mistake. Here's the password we meant to send to you:

quote:
DUUH!

Posts: 934 | From: Massachusetts | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 216 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: how do I log in?
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 506 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: WHat is going on here? First you wrote my application was approved,
then you sent a message that it was not???

snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 302 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: cant login or register. I am already a member but I dont remember my password.
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 05 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: becoing a member is my
question?
how do i log in and become a member?

snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 216 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: how do I register for your site
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 101 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: I just registered, but the long list of items to be completed did NOT includes selecting a password;
now I'm being asked for it to Login.
Help, please.

snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 500 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: my e-mail is finally working right. I think?
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Comment: Well now I really am confused. I entered my login name and the password automatically entered and I get informed that my pass word is wrong. Now what do I do???
rockland6674

Icon 302 posted      Profile for rockland6674         Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
If I were you, I'd immediately try to log in again. When you still can't log in, fire off a profanity-laced e-mail to snopes, cursing him and his website for their utter stupidity and incompetence. That'll show him!
Posts: 934 | From: Massachusetts | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Comment: You gave me a password to use, and I would like to change it.
Where is the icon to use for changing info?

BluesScale
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BluesScale   E-mail BluesScale   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
In fairness, I have had an issue where the snopes homepage takes me to the old notice board (which doesn't like my new password) when I click "community"

I think that there might be a real problem (maybe a cached page) rather than finger trouble in some cases

Blues

Posts: 207 | From: Woolhampton, Berks, UK | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Gutter Monkey
I'm Dreaming of a White Sale

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gutter Monkey     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
My password wasn't working yesterday (and the password retrieval system didn't recognise my email address) but since the letter I sent to snopes hasn't turned up here I guess it was suitably polite. [Smile]
Posts: 14 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
franjava
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for franjava     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm having the exact same problem Gutter Monkey. I can't post on the new forums yet. We'll see if my letter shows up. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Never eat anything given to you by a toddler.

Posts: 258 | From: Rochester, NY | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
  This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages