snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Non-UL Chat » We've Got Mail! » How not to get on this message board (Page 6)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: How not to get on this message board
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 302 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: I just registered with you and it came back "successful". I was not asked for a password and now a password is required to sign in. Did I miss something? Whatever the case, what is my password?
Posts: 36029 | From: Admin | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 302 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: I just registered and tried to login. Imagine my surprise when it said my password was incorrect. I tried to re-register but I did not see a password. I am confused.
Posts: 36029 | From: Admin | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
rockland6674
We Wish You a Merry Giftmas

Icon 216 posted      Profile for rockland6674         Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by snopes:
I am confused.

Yes, yes you are. Take two of these pills every eight hours and avoid using the internet until further notice.

- rock "That'll be $297.42, please." land

Posts: 934 | From: Massachusetts | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 96 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: mY PASSWORD THAT WAS GIVEN TO ME FROM SPOPE.COM WHEN I TRY TO
SIGN IN TO YOUR WEBSITE IT TELLS ME THAT MY PASSWORD IS NOT VALID ? I
HAVE A COPY OF YOUR EMAIL THAT YOU SENT ME BACK ON 04-15-2006 ? wHY CAN'T
I sign in ?

mags
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mags     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
heh. spope.com.

It's funny to me that they seem to have finally noticed at the end that their caps lock was on, but rather than retype anything, just took it off and wrote the last couple words.

Posts: 550 | From: Springboro, OH | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Sara at home
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sara at home   E-mail Sara at home   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Are passwords case sensitive?

--------------------
Assume that all my posts will be edited at least once. Dyslexic -- can't spell, can't type, can't proofread.

Posts: 8317 | From: Reading, PA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Spindely Fingers
I Saw Three Shipments

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spindely Fingers   E-mail Spindely Fingers   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
mY PASSWORD THAT WAS GIVEN TO ME FROM SPOPE.COM
I think I found the problem. That password would work just fine at snopes.com. However, you sir are not registered at SPOPE.COM

--------------------
Armistice Day has become Veterans' Day. Armistice Day was sacred. Veterans' Day is not.
So I will throw Veterans' Day over my shoulder. ...
What else is sacred? Oh, Romeo and Juliet, for instance.
And all music is. -Kurt Vonnegut

Posts: 55 | From: Salisbury, NC/Bridgewater, VA | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Comment: I just registered today but did not see where I was to register a
password. I assume I need a password so how do I register one?

snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Comment: I just registered and I can’t log in!
Seaboe Muffinchucker
Let There Be PCs on Earth

Icon 206 posted      Profile for Seaboe Muffinchucker     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Comment: I just registered and I can’t log in!

And have you also fallen and can't get up?

Seaboe

--------------------
Education is not the filling of a hard drive, but the lighting of a bulb. -- Yeats via Esprise Me

Posts: 5562 | From: Seattle, WA | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Eddylizard
We Wish You a Merry Giftmas

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eddylizard     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I REGISTERED FOR YOUR BOARDS A FEW MONTHS AGO. YOUR REGISTRATION PAGE SAID THE PASSWORD WOULD TAKE TWO DAYS, BUT IT ARRIVED IN ONE DAY INSTEAD!!!

--------------------
"Ladies and gentlemen, this is what is commonly known as money. It comes in all sizes, colours, and denominations - like people."

Posts: 997 | From: Maidstone, UK | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 204 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: Cancel application it's too tedious!
RangerDog
Happy Xmas (Warranty Is Over)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RangerDog   E-mail RangerDog   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Man I am glad I got in before the current application process was instituted. And I thought the background and credit check was tough.

--------------------
Give a man a fish, and you'll feed him for a day; give him a religion, and he'll starve to death while praying for a fish

Posts: 2036 | From: Virginia | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 96 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
And this was from a person who had already filled out and submitted the application form. Apparently waiting half a day for her password to be mailed to her was the part she found too tedious.

- snopes

snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 606 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: Why do you make it almost impossioble to log on?
Nion
We Three Blings

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nion         Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
It's to weed out those would-be Snopesters that don't meet the minimum IQ we are seeking.

Figure it out for yourself. [Wink]

--------------------
It can't rain all the time.

Posts: 1102 | From: Iowa | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Canuckistan

Icon 506 posted      Profile for Canuckistan   E-mail Canuckistan   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Comment: Cancel application it's too tedious!

Apparently, so is grammar.

--------------------
People need to stop appropriating Jesus as their reason for behaving badly. It's so irritating. (Avril)

Posts: 8429 | From: New York run by the Swiss (Toronto) | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Comment: It might help if you tell people on the website that even after registering, they will not be able to login until YOU approve them and send them an email containing a password. There is no mention of that in the registration process. So I immediately upon registering attempted to log back in to respond to a message on the forum, and my password that I selected was declined, which I did not understand.
Mistletoey Chloe

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mistletoey Chloe     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
You know what would help? Putting something in the FAQ that says something like "Your registration must be approved by the message board administrator before you will receive a password that allows you to post to the board."

You're welcome.

--------------------
~~Ai am in mai prrrrrraime!~~

Posts: 10111 | From: Oklahoma | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 500 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: How do you post an item to the message board?
Ieuan ab Arthur
The First USA Noel

Icon 607 posted      Profile for Ieuan ab Arthur     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Hi All:

quote:

Try sticky tape.

Ta ra 'wan,

Ieuan "Sticky situation" ab Arthur

--------------------
"I e-mail or I don't e-mail. The magic just happens" - From OP in We've Got Mail

Y Gwir Yn Erbyn Y Byd

Posts: 626 | From: Toronto, Ontario | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Canuckistan

Icon 506 posted      Profile for Canuckistan   E-mail Canuckistan   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

E-mail snopes. He'll post it for you.

Kinda like this one you just sent him.

--------------------
People need to stop appropriating Jesus as their reason for behaving badly. It's so irritating. (Avril)

Posts: 8429 | From: New York run by the Swiss (Toronto) | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 210 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: Please E-mail us our log-in info., including password...
Canuckistan

But if we do that, you'll be able to log in.

I'm sorry, but we can't have that.

--------------------

snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Comment: I just registered, but the long list of items to be completed did NOT includes selecting a password;
now I'm being asked for it to Login.
Help, please.

Ieuan ab Arthur
The First USA Noel

Icon 211 posted      Profile for Ieuan ab Arthur     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Hi All:

quote:
Comment: I just registered, but the long list of items to be completed did NOT includes selecting a password; now I'm being asked for it to Login. Help, please.

Of course! Read the instructions before pressing the registration button [Big Grin]

Ta ra 'wan,

Ieuan "Reading - It's not just for the bathroom" ab Arthur

--------------------
"I e-mail or I don't e-mail. The magic just happens" - From OP in We've Got Mail

Y Gwir Yn Erbyn Y Byd

Posts: 626 | From: Toronto, Ontario | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 500 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: How do I register for Snopes service?
Psihala
Little Sales Drummer Boy

Icon 16 posted      Profile for Psihala   E-mail Psihala   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

*blink, blink*

No... I don't think I want to know...

~Psihala

--------------------
StealthPost™

Posts: 3020 | From: Colorado | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 216 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: I just registered but now it says 'm using the wrong password
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 204 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: I know I am old, but it took several tries to register. Rejected: you did not complete age. Several lines above, I input Age 72. Also it was an optional question. I prefer to set my own password. I have one memorized. I found most of your Bold typed (must fill in) baffling. Graemlins? Perhaps Gremlins. Show signature by default. I don't even know what name is my public name, because of continued rejections. Age printed as (blank). I am 72. My birthday is 8-23. You are either European or Military, by use 28-Nov-06. I got out in '59 and haven't used it since. If you have further questions for me, please email me in informative English. I am not a coputer head. What is Avatar anyway?
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

quote:
Rejected: you did not complete age. Several lines above, I input Age 72.
Entering it into the field labeled "Age" would have been a good start.

quote:
Also it was an optional question.
Yes, I can see how the bolded instruction "Must enter current age" and the lack of an "optional" tag on that field might lead one to think that filling in the field was optional.

quote:
I got out in '59 and haven't used it since.
Apparently so.

- snopes

Canuckistan

Icon 216 posted      Profile for Canuckistan   E-mail Canuckistan   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
I prefer to set my own password.
I prefer not to pay taxes myself. You can't always get what you want.

quote:
Graemlins? Perhaps Gremlins.
No, graemlins. It says what it means. Just because you haven't seen the word before doesn't mean it's wrong.

quote:
I don't even know what name is my public name, because of continued rejections.
The continued rejection would be a pretty good indication that you don't have one.

quote:
If you have further questions for me, please email me in informative English.
Is Informative a dialect I'm not familiar with? English would have sufficed in that sentence; adding informative just makes you look pompous.

quote:
I am not a coputer head.
You don't say.

quote:
What is Avatar anyway?
Your new overlord. Looks a lot like a dancing chicken, really.

Worship the dancing chicken!

--------------------

GenYus
Away in a Manager's Special

Icon 209 posted      Profile for GenYus   E-mail GenYus   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

Semper Veritas

--------------------
IIRC, it wasn't the shoe bomber's loud prayers that sparked the takedown by the other passengers; it was that he was trying to light his shoe on fire. Very, very different. Canuckistan

Posts: 3694 | From: Arizona | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Shoebox
I Saw Three Shipments

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shoebox   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Is Informative a dialect I'm not familiar with?
This guy isn't, that's for sure. Kind of amusing, though; if my grandad were ever to try and sign on to snopes.com, this is approximately what it would sound like...

...now if you'll excuse me, I suddenly really, really need to go make a phone call.

--------------------
"Want you to know that if I had been there and they had of cooked you, I would not of eaten any." - Porkypine, Pogo

Posts: 71 | From: Toronto, Ontario | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Comment: I can.t login. You are telling me my password is incorrect. It is the one you just emailed me? Please explain. SORRY, IWAS wrong I MISSTOOK THE Z FOR A SEVEN
  This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages