snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Non-UL Chat » We've Got Mail! » How not to get on this message board (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: How not to get on this message board
Verly The Elf
I'm Dreaming of a White Sale

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Verly The Elf   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I guess I should have complained when I registered the night before Thanksgiving and I wasn't given my password until the day after the holiday. lol. some people.

--------------------
Nothing's as mean as giving a little child something useful for Christmas. ~Kin Hubbard

Posts: 14 | From: Nelsonville, OH | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Canuckistan
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 506 posted      Profile for Canuckistan   E-mail Canuckistan   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by verlybabe:
I guess I should have complained when I registered the night before Thanksgiving and I wasn't given my password until the day after the holiday. lol. some people.

You should have. Then we could have made fun of you here.

Being a little selfish there, aren't we? [Wink]

And welcome to the boards!

--------------------
People need to stop appropriating Jesus as their reason for behaving badly. It's so irritating. (Avril)

Posts: 8429 | From: New York run by the Swiss (Toronto) | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 606 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: I AM SO SICK OF YOUR FUCKING MESSAGE BOARD CHANGING! STOP
REARRANGING THE FUCKING STUFF AND PUTTING IN THE FUCKING SISSY ASS HOLIDAY
THEMES! MESSAGE BOARDS ARE FOR TALK, NOT SOME FUCKING CUTESY TOOYSY ARTSY
FARTSY FUCKING FUCKING SHIT!

Posts: 36029 | From: Admin | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
black roses 19
Xboxing Day

Icon 1 posted      Profile for black roses 19   E-mail black roses 19   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Goodness gracious someone has a lot of rage!

Sheesh!

--------------------
"I find them to be in contradiction of the basic principles of YOUR MOM!!!" -We've Got Mail

Posts: 1361 | From: Muncie, IN | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Hestia
I'm Dreaming of a White Sale

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hestia     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Snopes, I think you should reconsider the little festive icons.

You don't want to discourage such a charming person from the messsageboards.

--------------------
How can you lie there and think of England when you don't even know who's in the team?

Posts: 13 | From: United Kingdom | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Little Pink Pill
Little Sales Drummer Boy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Little Pink Pill     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I'll second that "Goodness gracious!" Who knew turkeys and snowmen could inspire such vitriol?

Me thinks come midnight someone just might recieve a visit from the Snopes of Christmas Past...(creeeeeak, clink, clink)

--------------------
The technical term is narcissism. You can't believe everything is your fault unless you also believe you're all powerful.--House

Posts: 2684 | From: Budapest | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
rockland6674
We Wish You a Merry Giftmas

Icon 05 posted      Profile for rockland6674         Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by snopes:
Comment: I AM SO SICK OF YOUR FUCKING MESSAGE BOARD CHANGING! WAAAAAAAAH! MOMMMYYYYYYY!

Sheesh. It's only a message board. I hope I'm never ahead of you in traffic.

Have a nice day.

Posts: 934 | From: Massachusetts | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Menolly
We Three Blings

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Menolly   E-mail Menolly   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by snopes:~slightly edited because I want to:
Comment: I AM SO SICK OF YOUR F** MESSAGE BOARD CHANGING! STOP
REARRANGING THE F** STUFF AND PUTTING IN THE F** SISSY A** HOLIDAY
THEMES! MESSAGE BOARDS ARE FOR TALK, NOT SOME F** CUTESY TOOYSY ARTSY
FARTSY F** F** S**!

Umm, I see you're putting "Thesaurus" on your Christmas list, correct? Right after "Money for Charm School"...

--------------------
Let's just pretend we're normal for a minute ~ New favorite T-shirt quote

Posts: 1193 | From: Ohio | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Senior
Let There Be PCs on Earth

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Senior   E-mail Senior       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
If you don't stop using that sort of language I'll tell your mommy on you.

--------------------
Ad astra per asparagus.

Posts: 4806 | From: Groton, CT | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 606 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: Last week I sent an e-mail requesting my password, as I had lost it. You never bothered to respond. If you don't care any more than that if your boards get used, I guess that's your problem. Thanks but no thanks! Don't bother responding to my request, as you obviously don't give a crap!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posts: 36029 | From: Admin | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Four Kitties
Layaway in a Manger

Icon 503 posted      Profile for Four Kitties   E-mail Four Kitties   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Oh, that explains why there has been absolutely no traffic on the message board for the last several weeks! [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
If swimming is so good for your figure, how do you explain whales?

Posts: 13275 | From: Kindergarten World, Massachusetts | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Bassist
Chess Nuts Boasting 'Round an Open Fire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bassist   E-mail Bassist   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Comment: I received the following message:

When I tried to get in, it wouldn't let me in. What do I do?

Use the Force, my son. Use the Force. [Razz]

--------------------
"I'm singing and deranged!"

Posts: 239 | From: Georgia | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Jocko's Jolly
Happy Xmas (Warranty Is Over)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jocko's Jolly   E-mail Jocko's Jolly   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
"SOME FUCKING CUTESY TOOYSY ARTSY FARTSY FUCKING FUCKING SHIT!"

I think I'm going to put this on my business cards -- it's the perfect description of my work! [lol]

--------------------
Like every good third-in-a-series it contains a whole load of ewoks, ‘Clubber’ Lang, whey-faced Sophia Coppola, Sean Connery as the Pirate Captain’s estranged dad, a crappy CGI alien, and Richard Pryor on a donkey. -- Gideon Defoe

Posts: 2211 | From: Harford County, MD | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Senior

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Senior   E-mail Senior       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
You must have an interesting job with a discriminating clientele.

--------------------
Ad astra per asparagus.

Posts: 4806 | From: Groton, CT | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Comment: I have been trying for the last 20 minutes to sign on to your web site, but nothing I try works. I keep getting that little green globe headed man telling me I am neither logged on, nor am I registered. I know that! Tell me how to get on.
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 302 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: I am getting emails from all of the people on this board, I want to quit getting them, but the site is telling me they have no record of my email address. Also, the id and password I thought I had don't work.
HELP please.

Senior

Icon 304 posted      Profile for Senior   E-mail Senior       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Comment: I am getting emails from all of the people on this board....

I've never sent this person an email.

--------------------
Ad astra per asparagus.

Lady L
Squall of Me

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lady L   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Me neither Senior. I'm feeling confused.

--------------------
The Snopester formerly known as RooBug

Posts: 556 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Dr. Winston O'Boogie
Markdown, the Herald Angels Sing

Icon 506 posted      Profile for Dr. Winston O'Boogie   Author's Homepage   E-mail Dr. Winston O'Boogie   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Comment: I am getting emails from all of the people on this board, I want to quit getting them, but the site is telling me they have no record of my email address. Also, the id and password I thought I had don't work.
HELP please.

snopes, why don't you print this guy's email address here to make sure we don't send him any email.

--------------------
"The large print givith, and the small print taketh away" -- Tom Waits, Step Right Up

"The only difference between me and a madman is that I am not mad." -- Salvador Dali

Posts: 2443 | From: Illinois | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
diddy
Markdown, the Herald Angels Sing

Icon 1 posted      Profile for diddy   E-mail diddy   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ebenezer Senior:
quote:
Comment: I am getting emails from all of the people on this board....

I've never sent this person an email.
Neither do I. And With the tiny ammount of email I send off Im sure i would remember

--------------------
W.W.F.S.M.D?
But this image of Bush as some sort of Snidely Whiplash tying the fair maiden to the railroad tracks is beyond the pale. - Joe Bentley

Posts: 2311 | From: Minnnesota | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
BlueByrd

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlueByrd   Author's Homepage   E-mail BlueByrd   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Also, the id and password I thought I had don't work.
Hmmm. Sounds like someone could do with some psychoanalysis.

Blue "Sure hope his ego and superego are OK" Byrd

--------------------
"A monster!"
"A local!"

Posts: 831 | From: The standee gallery at a Viennese opera house | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Signora Del Drago
Angels Wii Have Heard on High

Icon 607 posted      Profile for Signora Del Drago     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Okay, it was me. I sent him an e-mail from every one of us.

--------------------
"This air we're breathing. Oxygen, isn't it?"~I’mNotDedalus, impersonating Vincent D’Onofrio.|"Sometimes trying to communicate can be like walking through a minefield."~wanderwoman
"Give people a break. It's not easy doing a life."~Joshua Halberstam

Posts: 4020 | From: Oklahoma | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 84 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: While I am highly curious and interested in rumer debunking, i.e., just read story on Ollie North and Osama Bahama Mama, and immediately following friend's email was the story bebunking the whole senate inquiry bit, by one of the friend's correspondants, I don't have a picture to send with registration and am not that computer savvy for your requests.
I don't feel comfortable giving my viewpoint as all I really know is what I hear, see and read through the news medias and from friends. How reliable are they?
I just like to read your people's sides of the stories, and make my mind up on what to think or how to react, if this ls possible.

snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 19 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: please take me off the list this sounds like to much work. i just wanted to look at some cool pictures. ThankX anyway.
rockland6674

Icon 101 posted      Profile for rockland6674         Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Comment: please take me off the list this sounds like to much work. i just wanted to look at some cool pictures. ThankX anyway.

cuz reeden iz liek reeley harrd
Posts: 934 | From: Massachusetts | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Comment: I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY EVERYTIME I TRY TO USE MY PASSWORD, IT NEVER WORKS
GenYus
Away in a Manager's Special

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GenYus   E-mail GenYus   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
tRY rEMOVING yOUR cAPS lOCK kEY. yOU aRE pROBABLY eNTERING yOUR pASSWORD wITH tHE cAPITALS aND tHE lOWERCASE lETTERS rEVERSED.

--------------------
IIRC, it wasn't the shoe bomber's loud prayers that sparked the takedown by the other passengers; it was that he was trying to light his shoe on fire. Very, very different. Canuckistan

Posts: 3694 | From: Arizona | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Squoval
It Came Upon a Midnight Clearance

Icon 101 posted      Profile for Squoval   Author's Homepage   E-mail Squoval   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Comment: I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY EVERYTIME I TRY TO USE MY PASSWORD, IT NEVER WORKS

That's because you're using the wrong password. Our records indicate that your password is thus:

1diut

--------------------
I can't believe it's not Square!

Posts: 3147 | From: W-S, North Carolina | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 607 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: I wanted to join this morning - did - and you said I had to join
a group. So I joined urban legend and now I get goofy mail every hour.
It said click here if I wanted to unscribe and it gave me no option to do
so. This is not what I want and I do not want that hourly mailing.

rockland6674

Icon 202 posted      Profile for rockland6674         Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
now I get goofy mail every hour.

Now you know how snopes feels.
Four Kitties
Layaway in a Manger

Icon 503 posted      Profile for Four Kitties   E-mail Four Kitties   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by rockland6674:
quote:
now I get goofy mail every hour.

Now you know how snopes feels.
Now you know how I feel! I only send the goofy stuff to snopes every two hours or so. [lol]

Four Kitties

--------------------
If swimming is so good for your figure, how do you explain whales?

Posts: 13275 | From: Kindergarten World, Massachusetts | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Kid Kilowatt
Deck the Malls

Icon 09 posted      Profile for Kid Kilowatt   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

"Sex Panther - 50% of the time, it works every time."

--------------------
The book says, "We might be through with the past, but the past ain't through with us."
- Magnolia

Posts: 252 | From: East Greenwich, RI, what! | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Drainfluid
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Drainfluid   E-mail Drainfluid   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
now I get goofy mail every hour
Why is he complaining to snopes?

Shouldn't he be complaining to Disney that one of their characters is stalking him?

Posts: 305 | From: South Africa | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
TallGeekyGirl
O Read, O Read, The Manual

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TallGeekyGirl   Author's Homepage   E-mail TallGeekyGirl   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Comment: While I am highly curious and interested in rumer debunking,

Now why on earth would anyone want to debunk Bruce Willis' daughter?

--------------------
See, if I tell you about it, it won't be a mystery. It'll just be a fact, an ugly, moist fact, squatting on your brain like an octopus. And you don't want an octopus squatting on your brain, do you, son? -- Stan Smith, American Dad

Posts: 980 | From: Virginia | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Senior

Because she's getting a different bed?

--------------------
Ad astra per asparagus.

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages