snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Non-UL Chat » We've Got Mail! » How not to get on this message board (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: How not to get on this message board
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 606 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: I was about to write you about my password and why it hasn't come
yet.... But I was lurking on the message boards and noticed that
everything you say is so ridiculousy extreme left its not even funny! so
never mind I dont want to be on your Stupid message board anyway

Posts: 36029 | From: Admin | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Roadie
Little Sales Drummer Boy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Roadie     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Give him the password for the extreme right board, will ya?

--------------------
"The little local company I buy from has CHEAP shipping and I have met their goats." (snapdragonfly)

"And that's one lost erection I'll never get back! You hear me Dan! I'm owed an erection!" (I'mNotDedalus)

Posts: 2658 | From: California | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Lotta Palaver
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 104 posted      Profile for Lotta Palaver         Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by rockland6674:
quote:
Originally posted by snopes:
Comment: I'm not sure I want your fucking password now!

You have to know a password for fucking now? [Eek!] Damn...

"Swordfish?"

Nah, too easy.

"Hilton!"

No?

"Open sesame!"

Still no? Sheeeit...

Now cut that out! I finally figured out a way to get my husband to leave me alone and you're going to give it away and ruin everything! Okay, ladies, let's go to the secret thread only we can see and come up with a new password. [Wink]

--------------------
Your ultimate source of superfluous flummery.

Posts: 595 | From: South Carolina | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
the Virgin Marrya
Let There Be PCs on Earth

Icon 1 posted      Profile for the Virgin Marrya     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
[QUOTE]Originally posted by snopes:
[qb]If you end up making fun of me on Snopes I'll understand.

So, which newb is going to fessup to this one?

Perucla, was it YOU??!!

--------------------
Windows cannot open this file. To open this file correctly, defenestrate, then try running the file again...

Posts: 5383 | From: New Zealand | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 03 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: WHEN I REGISTERED YOU DID NOT ASK FOR A PASS WORD IN THE FORM I FILLED
OUT AND IT STATED THAT I HAD BEEN ACCEPTED PENDING THE ADMIN CHECK.

Posts: 36029 | From: Admin | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Roadie
Little Sales Drummer Boy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Roadie     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
THAT IS CORRECT AND WHEN YOU CALM DOWN AND STOP YELLING SNOPES AND BARBARA MIGHT FIND THE SOLITUDE THEY NEED TO GIVE YOU A PASS WORD, BUT ONLY IF YOU PROMISE NOT TO YELL WHEN YOU ARE ALLOWED (ALOUD?) TO POST HERE.

--------------------
"The little local company I buy from has CHEAP shipping and I have met their goats." (snapdragonfly)

"And that's one lost erection I'll never get back! You hear me Dan! I'm owed an erection!" (I'mNotDedalus)

Posts: 2658 | From: California | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 03 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
COMMENT: DELET THIS REGISTRATION FROM YOUR DATA BASE!!!!
Little Pink Pill
Little Sales Drummer Boy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Little Pink Pill     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
WE'LL GET RET TO IT!

--------------------
The technical term is narcissism. You can't believe everything is your fault unless you also believe you're all powerful.--House

Posts: 2684 | From: Budapest | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 01 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: i am so glad that stupid halloween message board theme is gone. i
got confused with the old topics you know with the smily faces and all.
bring back the pins in the head one though.

rockland6674
We Wish You a Merry Giftmas

Icon 506 posted      Profile for rockland6674         Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Comment: i am so glad that stupid halloween message board theme is gone.

Oh, I agree. And snopes' current "S & M" theme is fun for the whole family.  -
Posts: 934 | From: Massachusetts | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 302 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: OK. I just finished registering. Literally 3 minutes ago. Now, when I try to log in I get the message that the password I am using is incorrect!! Can you help?
InfraPurple
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for InfraPurple     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Yes, for $150 an hour.

--------------------
While I wasn't falling down or anything, gravity and I did have an interesting relationship for a short time. - Purple Iguana

Posts: 715 | From: Kansas | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
rockland6674

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rockland6674         Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Comment: OK. I just finished registering. Literally 3 minutes ago. Now, when I try to log in I get the message that the password I am using is incorrect!! Can you help?

Wow, déjà vu all over again. [Eek!]

[Wink]

Posts: 934 | From: Massachusetts | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 101 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: I received the following message:

quote:

Hello!

Thank you for registering on snopes.com (http://msgboard.snopes.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi).

PLEASE TAKE NOTE:
Your registration must be approved by the message board administrator before you
may post messages. Please note that your password will not be mailed to you
until your registration has been approved by the message board administrator.

Please be patient while we review your profile.

Again, thank you for registering.

But will I have a password provided to me, or will I use my own?
When I tried to get in, it wouldn't let me in. What do I do?

rockland6674

Icon 215 posted      Profile for rockland6674         Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

You must believe, my child. Believe, and pray.

Repeat after me:

Our Father, who art in California
David be thy name.
Thy ULs spun
Thy be undone
On Snopes as they art on the ULMB.

Give us this day our Daily Snopes
And forgive us our skepticism
As we forgive those who forward ULs to us.
(well, not really.)

And lead us not into gullibility
But deliver us from glurge.
Amen.

Bettie Page Turner
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bettie Page Turner   E-mail Bettie Page Turner   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
quote:

You must believe, my child. Believe, and pray.

Repeat after me:

Our Father, who art in California
David be thy name.
Thy ULs spun
Thy be undone
On Snopes as they art on the ULMB.

Give us this day our Daily Snopes
And forgive us our skepticism
As we forgive those who forward ULs to us.
(well, not really.)

And lead us not into gullibility
But deliver us from glurge.
Amen.

This is the Catholic Snopester version, right?

[fish]

--------------------
You fail to consider, for such is the tyranny of fashion, that the swan is not a slim animal... -Jincy Kornhauser, Melinda Falling

Posts: 1762 | From: Charleston, West Virginia | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
rockland6674

Icon 107 posted      Profile for rockland6674         Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Apple Brown Bettie:
This is the Catholic Snopester version, right?

Right. The non-Catholic version is:

Be patient, you NFBSK. [flame]

snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 101 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: The first time that I tried to login to Snoops it would not allow me to use my entered password. When asking for the pass word Y5GE3P was given as my password – NOT!
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 302 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: I registered, but there was no inquiry for a password.

When I tried to login, I was denied because I didn't put in the right password!

Please advise.

snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 217 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: I just registered and it didn't ask for a password.
I tried to log in and it said no such password when I
tried to put one in... what's up?

Senior

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Senior   E-mail Senior       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
The sky.

--------------------
Ad astra per asparagus.

Posts: 4806 | From: Groton, CT | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Canuckistan
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Canuckistan   E-mail Canuckistan   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Comment: ... When I tried to login, I was denied because I didn't put in the right password!

Yeah, that's generally what happens when you put in the wrong password.

But if you didn't get a prompt for a password, how did you input the wrong one?

--------------------
People need to stop appropriating Jesus as their reason for behaving badly. It's so irritating. (Avril)

Posts: 8429 | From: New York run by the Swiss (Toronto) | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
TheBobo
Markdown, the Herald Angels Sing

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TheBobo   Author's Homepage   E-mail TheBobo   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Maybe "...what's up?" is an inappropiate password..

--------------------
The views expressed in the above Post does not necessarily reflect those of snopes,The Infopoop Corporation,the Internet or most of society for that matter.

Posts: 2474 | From: Scranton, PA | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Signora Del Drago
Angels Wii Have Heard on High

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Signora Del Drago     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by belaglik:
quote:
quote:
Comment: I'm not sure I want your fucking password now!

You have to know a password for fucking now? [Eek!] Damn...

"Swordfish?"

Nah, too easy.

"Hilton!"

No?

"Open sesame!"

Still no? Sheeeit...

Now cut that out! I finally figured out a way to get my husband to leave me alone and you're going to give it away and ruin everything! Okay, ladies, let's go to the secret thread only we can see and come up with a new password. [Wink]
This reminds me of the time my sister and I were in Panama City Beach, FL, and two teenagers ran a stop sign and almost hit us. One of the girls yelled out the window, "Learn how to fuckin' drive, old lady!" It sounded like "fuck an' drive." I yelled back, "Nice trick if she could do it!" Hey, we weren't that old! I was fifty and she was forty.
Yeah, I know. Off topic. [Frown]

--------------------
"This air we're breathing. Oxygen, isn't it?"~I’mNotDedalus, impersonating Vincent D’Onofrio.|"Sometimes trying to communicate can be like walking through a minefield."~wanderwoman
"Give people a break. It's not easy doing a life."~Joshua Halberstam

Posts: 4020 | From: Oklahoma | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 14 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: I've always enjoyed your site and have referenced it many times
in response to dubious messages that were forwarded to me, but I am
concerned about your Snopes Community. I was directed there after a google
search for "Snopes" and words from a recent warning message I received.
The posts to Snopes Community are mostly biased opinions without factual
foundation and I'm afraid that your links to the forum and your name on
the page will damage your credibility. I also got the impression that some
of the pages were loaded with one-sided political opionions, so I believe
that you are possibly being unintentionally used by some semi-organized
groups who want to spread their biased messages via your website (and with
the help of your good reputation).

Please review the material being posted and judge for yourself if it is
contributing to or detracting from your efforts to spread truth.

snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 207 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: Hello i register my E. mail id from snopes plz prviede my
password.

Senior

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Senior   E-mail Senior       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Your password is "learnhowtospell".

--------------------
Ad astra per asparagus.

Posts: 4806 | From: Groton, CT | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Canuckistan

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Canuckistan   E-mail Canuckistan   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Comment: ... The posts to Snopes Community are mostly biased opinions without factual foundation and I'm afraid that your links to the forum and your name on the page will damage your credibility.

Is this person seriously complaining about the opinions on a message board? Does this person not understand the concept of what a message board is?

--------------------
People need to stop appropriating Jesus as their reason for behaving badly. It's so irritating. (Avril)

Posts: 8429 | From: New York run by the Swiss (Toronto) | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 607 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: Remove my personal information from your server and unsubscribe
me from all of your lists AGAIN please. You are not responding to my
requests and tampering with my intelletual property again without
explaination or recourse. Fuck You Very Much!

Senior

Icon 606 posted      Profile for Senior   E-mail Senior       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Whine whine whine!  -

--------------------
Ad astra per asparagus.

Don Enrico
Happy Xmas (Warranty Is Over)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Don Enrico   E-mail Don Enrico   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Comment: I believe
that you are possibly being unintentionally used by some semi-organized
groups who want to spread their biased messages via your website (and with
the help of your good reputation).

Damn! We've been uncovered!

*runs to burn the documents in the backyard*

--------------------
My spelling is Wobbly. It's good spelling, but it Wobbles, and the letters get in the wrong places. - Pooh Bear

Posts: 2209 | From: Hamburg, Germany | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Canuckistan

Icon 506 posted      Profile for Canuckistan   E-mail Canuckistan   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
You are ... tampering with my intelletual property again
Anyone else get the feeling that the intellectual property in question isn't worth too much?

--------------------

TrishDaDish

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TrishDaDish   Author's Homepage   E-mail TrishDaDish   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
How many people are thinking of MST3K? I can't recall which one it is, I want to say the goofy one with Bela Lagosi and the giant octopus that explodes at the end, but I'm not sure...just a big explosion and a cop saying, "He tampered in God's domain."

--------------------
I would prefer not to.
My blog

Posts: 4789 | From: Rhode Island | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 19 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: I used to be able to log on and research a topic. Now I have to sit through bible passages and non-sequitur threads of conversation.

Can you tell me how use of this site has changed so I can use Snopes for the purpose it was meant for?

This just sucks.

KaiTheInvader
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KaiTheInvader   Author's Homepage   E-mail KaiTheInvader   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Comment: I used to be able to log on and research a topic. Now I have to sit through bible passages and non-sequitur threads of conversation.

Can you tell me how use of this site has changed so I can use Snopes for the purpose it was meant for?

This just sucks.

wait, you mean the purpose isn't to read non-sequitur threads of conversation?

they're right, that does suck. I've wasted far too much time using it for a purpose for which it was not intended.

--------------------
Resurrection of mankind to careen in silent pace. Feeling lonely. I am the dream that nobody dreams of, but will you dream of me, and dream of eternal desire? If you dream of me, will you live for me? Will you? Will you?

Posts: 344 | From: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
  This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages