snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Non-UL Chat » We've Got Mail! » How not to get on this message board (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: How not to get on this message board
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 606 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: You have been like sadistic parents, withholding food to a starving child, I'm not sure I want your fucking password now!
Posts: 36029 | From: Admin | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Ebony Silence
Santa Claus Is Coming to Frown

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ebony Silence   E-mail Ebony Silence   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Mean, mean Snopes! [Razz]

--------------------
Why is there so much month left at the end of the money?

Posts: 76 | From: Brisbane, Australia | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
rockland6674
We Wish You a Merry Giftmas

Icon 104 posted      Profile for rockland6674         Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by snopes:
Comment: I'm not sure I want your fucking password now!

You have to know a password for fucking now? [Eek!] Damn...

"Swordfish?"

Nah, too easy.

"Hilton!"

No?

"Open sesame!"

Still no? Sheeeit...

Posts: 934 | From: Massachusetts | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Richard W
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Richard W   E-mail Richard W   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Yes - there's a thread where people are trying to guess the password here.
Posts: 8725 | From: Ipswich - the UK's 9th Best Place to Sleep! | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 606 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: I tried to register for your site, but therer was narry a mention of a password in the registration process. How do you expect me to log on without a password? Something i missed? Please let me know...

BTW, it's pretty disengenuous for you to use Gmail for your contact link, when none of us proles were offered the limited trial of the Gmail system. Please throw off that monkey, and use a real email service.

Posts: 36029 | From: Admin | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Senior
Let There Be PCs on Earth

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Senior   E-mail Senior       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Your password is neenerneenerneener. If you read your email, you'd know this.

--------------------
Ad astra per asparagus.

Posts: 4806 | From: Groton, CT | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 24 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: How do I log in? It doesn't do anything but make a bong noise.
Jackie in the Elevator
Happy Holly Days

Icon 08 posted      Profile for Jackie in the Elevator     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Are you sure it's a noise?

--------------------
Free the West Memphis Three

Why are these cases still unsolved?

Posts: 1618 | From: Texas | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Comment: Somehow or other your software does not recognize the password you assigned me. Apparently you are not worth the effort to maintain you. Consider your worthless site deleted. Consider this relationship severed, delete all data pertaining to me.
Nonny Mouse, on Santa's laptop
Once in Royal Circuit City

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nonny Mouse, on Santa's laptop   Author's Homepage   E-mail Nonny Mouse, on Santa's laptop   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Did you do something to piss Barbara off?

Nonny

--------------------
When there isn't anything else worth analyzing, we examine our collective navel. I found thirty-six cents in change in mine the other day. Let no one say that there is no profit in philosophy. -- Silas Sparkhammer

Posts: 10141 | From: Toronto, Ontario | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Ulkomaalainen
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ulkomaalainen     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Consider this post not being here as the site it's on had been deleted.

--------------------
Movie characters never make typing mistakes.

Posts: 586 | From: Hamburg, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
the Virgin Marrya

Icon 1 posted      Profile for the Virgin Marrya     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
No no nooooooo someone deleted the ULMB?!!? Boy, are we going to be mad...just as soon as we notice that it's gone [Big Grin]

--------------------
Windows cannot open this file. To open this file correctly, defenestrate, then try running the file again...

Posts: 5383 | From: New Zealand | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
chillas
Coventry Mall Carol

Icon 1 posted      Profile for chillas     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Marrya:
No no nooooooo someone deleted the ULMB?!!?

Bah! That's nothing! Back in my tech support days I spoke with more than one person who "deleted the internet!"

--------------------
Come on, come on - spin a little tighter
Come on, come on - and the world's a little brighter

Posts: 5595 | From: Columbus, OH : The Soccer Capital of America | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
the Virgin Marrya

Icon 1 posted      Profile for the Virgin Marrya     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
So, what, we're just working off backups for the nonce? [fish]

--------------------
Windows cannot open this file. To open this file correctly, defenestrate, then try running the file again...

Posts: 5383 | From: New Zealand | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Remarkgullabull
Happy Xmas (Warranty Is Over)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Remarkgullabull     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

That's funny, whenever I log on to Snopes, I never hear any water gurgling....

--------------------
Love does not consist of gazing at each other, but in looking together in the same direction - Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Posts: 1961 | From: California | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Comment: I have registered but have yet to use the message board because
you asses had to choose my password for me. You have ruined my life.
Delete everything pertaining to me that you know. In all sincerity,You are
an ass pirate. Even though that lobster story is fake, i hope you get a
lobster shoved up your ''vaginas''. Assbastard. Forget i even sent you
this letter, bitch.

P.S. FUCK YOU BITCH!

Roadie
Little Sales Drummer Boy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Roadie     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Comment: I have registered but have yet to use the message board because
you asses had to choose my password for me. You have ruined my life.
Delete everything pertaining to me that you know. In all sincerity,You are
an ass pirate. Even though that lobster story is fake, i hope you get a
lobster shoved up your ''vaginas''. Assbastard. Forget i even sent you
this letter, bitch.

P.S. FUCK YOU BITCH!

Please don't delete his personal information - I need it to obtain the new keyboard. Very colorful stuff! [Smile]

--------------------
"The little local company I buy from has CHEAP shipping and I have met their goats." (snapdragonfly)

"And that's one lost erection I'll never get back! You hear me Dan! I'm owed an erection!" (I'mNotDedalus)

Posts: 2658 | From: California | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Roadie
Little Sales Drummer Boy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Roadie     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Remarkgullabull Loves LTCC:
quote:

That's funny, whenever I log on to Snopes, I never hear any water gurgling....
I have thought I heard " 'ere...'ere"

--------------------
"The little local company I buy from has CHEAP shipping and I have met their goats." (snapdragonfly)

"And that's one lost erection I'll never get back! You hear me Dan! I'm owed an erection!" (I'mNotDedalus)

Posts: 2658 | From: California | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
NeeCD
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NeeCD   E-mail NeeCD       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Heh, Assbastard is my new favorite adjective...

--------------------
I wondered why the Frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
What does "Bookachow", "YOMANK!" and other lingo mean?

Posts: 1720 | From: Stafford Hamlet, OR | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Strawberries 'n Sugar
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Strawberries 'n Sugar   E-mail Strawberries 'n Sugar   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Heh, Assbastard is my new favorite adjective...
I like 'Asshats' myself. [Big Grin]

Strawberries "heard that one more than once today" 'n Sugar

--------------------
I made it!
-Me

Posts: 298 | From: Eau Claire, WI; formerly Bloomington, MN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
NocturnalGoddess- naughty or nice?
Carol of the Dells

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NocturnalGoddess- naughty or nice?     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I dunno... I feel kinda bad for they guy... I mean, come on, snopes, you ruined this guys life! [Razz]

--------------------
"I saw weird stuff in that place last night. Weird, strange, sick, twisted, eerie, godless, EVIL stuff... and I want in."- Homer Simpson

Posts: 2161 | From: Delaware | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 02 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: I am writing because I registered yesterday to join your forums and I still have not received any email from the administrators approving my membership. Am I not allowed to join for some reason?
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 98 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: OMG, I feel like such an asshole. I can't figure out how to start a new
thread. My computer knowledge is limited at best. Can you give me a clue?
If you end up making fun of me on Snopes I'll understand.

Canuckistan
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 506 posted      Profile for Canuckistan   E-mail Canuckistan   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Comment: I am writing because I registered yesterday to join your forums and I still have not received any email from the administrators approving my membership. Am I not allowed to join for some reason?

Look, Mr. Bush, we just decided your type just isn't welcome here. Now please go away.

--------------------
People need to stop appropriating Jesus as their reason for behaving badly. It's so irritating. (Avril)

Posts: 8429 | From: New York run by the Swiss (Toronto) | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Oualawouzou
Angels Wii Have Heard on High

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Oualawouzou     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

In all honesty, that's a common and understandable question. I don't see what's inherently funny or worthy of mocking in it. [Confused]

--------------------
Le champignon arrive.

Posts: 4372 | From: Quebec | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
I'mNotDedalus
Happy Xmas (Warranty Is Over)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for I'mNotDedalus   Author's Homepage   E-mail I'mNotDedalus   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Oualawouzou:
quote:

In all honesty, that's a common and understandable question. I don't see what's inherently funny or worthy of mocking in it. [Confused]
I think snopes has said in the past that this and similar threads don't have any real requirement for an e-mailís public display: it doesn't necessarily have to be mockable or humorous. I don't want to entirely assume snopes' motives, but perhaps he's showing it as an example of annoying impatience, of someone who hasn't read the FAQ regarding registration waiting periods.

Iím (Look at me, snopes! Look at me! Are you watching?) NotDedalus

Edited for clarity

--------------------
The salty fragrance of LíEau IímNotDedalus - made entirely of and entirely for sea turtles.

Posts: 1983 | From: Chicagoland, IL | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 88 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
In all honesty, that's a common and understandable question. I don't see what's inherently funny or worthy of mocking in it.
It's funny when a person applies just before midnight on a weekend, then writes a few hours later and complains that "I registered yesterday and I haven't been approved yet" (and all this despite the fact that the registration instructions mailed to every registrant ask them to "please be patient while we review your profile").

It reminds me of one of my previous jobs when a lazy salesperson dropped a request into our group's "IN" basket well after hours one evening, then came in first thing the next morning and demanded, "When is this going to be taken care of? It's been sitting here for two days already!" When I responded by pointing out that she had only submitted it the previous evening, she replied, "Well ... yesterday and today, that's two days."

In any case, the proper form for asking such a question is to inquire how long registration approvals usually take, not to start off with a complaint without even having waited one day.

- snopes

snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 03 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: I need to find how to change my password to your site...

I will never remember the password you assigned me. Besides that is NOT my password. A password is a unique word or phrase that is know ONLY to the user and not to the person whose site it belongs to.

Please tell me where and how I can change the password you assigned.

snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 101 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: I'm really not interested in all this Halloween junk you have on your page. Please cancel my registration and remove me from your mailing list.
Ganzfeld

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ganzfeld     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Comment: I'm really not interested in all this Halloween junk you have on your page. Please cancel my registration and remove me from your mailing list.

Ah, you should have known once you went to the Dark Side, there would be resistance. Obviously someone with no appreciation for appropriated Druidic holidays.
Posts: 4922 | From: Kyoto, Japan | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
The (Puntrue) Percula
I'm Dreaming of a White Sale

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The (Puntrue) Percula   E-mail The (Puntrue) Percula   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

That pretty much sealed the deal, now didn't it?
Posts: 38 | From: Huntington Station, NY | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Mad Jay

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mad Jay     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

I will never remember the password you assigned me. Besides that is NOT my password. A password is a unique word or phrase that is know ONLY to the user and not to the person whose site it belongs to.

[Embarrassed] That dumb bastard!! He's probably using the same password on all the websites he registers to

--------------------
Nico Sasha
In between my father's fields;And the citadels of the rule; Lies a no-man's land which I must cross; To find my stolen jewel.

Posts: 4912 | From: VA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 302 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: OK. I just finished registering. Literally 3 minutes ago. Now, when I try to log in I get the message that the password I am using is incorrect!! Can you help?
GenYus
Away in a Manager's Special

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GenYus   E-mail GenYus   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
You are using an incorrect password and user name. Here is your correct information.

Username: PEBKAC
Your password is split to three lines of text to prevent password-stealing web-bots.

Password:
ID
T

--------------------
IIRC, it wasn't the shoe bomber's loud prayers that sparked the takedown by the other passengers; it was that he was trying to light his shoe on fire. Very, very different. Canuckistan

Posts: 3694 | From: Arizona | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
rockland6674
We Wish You a Merry Giftmas

Icon 607 posted      Profile for rockland6674         Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The (Untrue) Percula:
quote:

That pretty much sealed the deal, now didn't it?
Why, whatever do you mean?  -

Er, I mean  -

- rock "neenerneener" land

Posts: 934 | From: Massachusetts | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
  This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Codeô is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages