snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Non-UL Chat » We've Got Mail! » Best of 'We've Got Mail' (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Best of 'We've Got Mail'
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 202 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Re-post your favorite reader-submitted comment from this forum here. One entry per customer.
Posts: 36029 | From: Admin | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Canuckistan
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 215 posted      Profile for Canuckistan   E-mail Canuckistan   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Going way back, to March 28, 2001:

Comment: Excuse me sir, but you might actually need to check a few of YOUR facts. I am thrilled to know that you know so much about some poor missionary's disease in a foreign country, and how people asking for prayer for anything could be classified as a hoax! Ya' know what? I prefer to take a little bit of a "chance" and just go ahead and show my support for my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ by actually forwarding some of these things. Just like we may not "know" everything, I feel sure that the same is true of your knowledge as well. At least what we choose to "jumble" up the internet with is defending our Lord. Thanks again for the time you have taken to enlighten us...but please do not bother to jumble OUR internet experience with your knowledge of "things" the world over!!! Please DO NO respond to this as we prefer to keep our e-mail inbox free of hoax's. Thank you!

--------------------
People need to stop appropriating Jesus as their reason for behaving badly. It's so irritating. (Avril)

Posts: 8429 | From: New York run by the Swiss (Toronto) | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Homsar999
I Saw Three Shipments

Icon 01 posted      Profile for Homsar999     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
MY FAVORITE ONE!

From July 2005, I believe:

Comment: i farted and it smells like cheese.i farted next to my mom and
the lamp shade .After I did that the lamp shade caught on
fire!.....................................................................
.......................hahahahahahahahahahahahahqhqhahahahahahahahahahahaha
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
hahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahhaahhahahahahahhahahahaha
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahhahahahahahaha
hahahahsazhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
yahahahahahahahahahahayhauy

...some people. [dunce]

I gots to use the new hurricane icon. (Still praying for the people who *lived* in New Orleans...)

Posts: 95 | From: Gurnee, Illinois | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Tootsie Plunkette
Buy a Torch, Jeanette, Isabella

Icon 202 posted      Profile for Tootsie Plunkette   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I can't find it now, but Cencel Wahuohten's poignant missive has always been my favorite.

ETA (snopes):

Comment: i love kfc...........................................sike!
why did u step in a big pile of shit?! shut up you meqrob!

is YOUR MAMA A PERVERT? TODAY I AM GOING TO KFC AND I AM GOING TO PROVE THAT
YOU SELL FAKE CHIKEN. I WILL BE WEARING A RED JUMP SUIT SOMEWHERE IN KENTUCKY.

YOU ARE A CRAZY MAMAFUCKER,THAT LIVES IN A COW'S ASS, WHO ONLY LIKES TO FUCK
HIS FUCKING FATHER, AND ALSO MAKES MUTANT CHICKENS IN HIS OWN
ASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS-SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
SSSSSSSSS!

MY NAME IS CENCEL WAHUOHTEN FROM KENYA ALSO MY DICK IS GREEN

[ 08. September 2005, 07:14 AM:   snopes ]

--------------------
--Tootsie

Posts: 5017 | From: Greater Seattle | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 202 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I know I said one entry per person, but it's not fair! I have so many favorites . .

Comment: kfc sucks ass! iherd that your chiken is a mutANS! DID U GET ONE FOR
YOUR WIFE! I WILL FART ON KFC'S GRAVE! DOES KFC'S OWNER HAVE ANY BREAST
INPLANTS! POPYES IS BETTER THEN KFC! hOW MANY LEGS DO U HAVE? IS THIS TRUE? IS
YOUR ASS GREEN OR PURPLE?

Posts: 36029 | From: Admin | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Dara bhur gCara
As Shepherds Watched Their Flocks Buy Now Pay Later

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dara bhur gCara     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
http://www.snopes.com/horrors/ghosts/onemore.htm

Comment: Legend: A menacing dream prevents a woman from being killed in
a crash.

i believe this is real, due to certain things that happens with me... i
have werid dreams, sometimes i question myself about these dreams.. but i
figured i shouldnt try to resolve them, rather let them happen.. last year
about fall, in Cali, -usa.. i am in wisconsin.. talked with a friend from
cali. Talked with that friend all night, and kept asking her if she was
okay constantly, im not sure why i kept doing that, but that night i sure
found out. I had this werid dream about people dying in cali with a fire..
i thought "wow! what a werid dream.." I woke up, watched little bit of tv
before i went to school, and found out it did happen, i think 15 people
died.. didnt pay much attention to it, just was too shocked...

from then on, i been sometimes have these werid dreams but wont tell
anyone, because it could cause a startle.

--------------------
This wrinkle in time, I can't give it no credit, I thought about my space and it really got me down.
Got me so down, I got me a headache, My heart is crammed in my cranium and it still knows how to pound

Posts: 2794 | From: London, UK | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
rockland6674
We Wish You a Merry Giftmas

Icon 503 posted      Profile for rockland6674         Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
A "Bonsai Kittens" e-mail from August 5, 2003:

quote:
Comment: how could you do this to the poor kittens. it really made me
think... think of how sick you people are! it made me cry to see the
kittens in the box. how could you do this to them. they should have a free
life to live and not one that is made up by some box or something.
iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
ii
hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaatttttttttttttttttteeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeee
yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyooooooooooooooooooooooooooooouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
uuuuuuu

you make me sick

Posts: 934 | From: Massachusetts | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Doc J.
It Came Upon a Midnight Clearance

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doc J.   E-mail Doc J.   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
posted 16 October, 2002 02:01 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Comment: SNOPES.com is a front for the Bush administration, set-up for the purpose
of discouraging and possibly circumventing any real investigation into
intelligence failures surrounding 911.

Posts: 3100 | From: London, UK | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Mr. Furious

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mr. Furious   Author's Homepage   E-mail Mr. Furious   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Tootsie's is absolutely my favorite. I even have it bookmarked.

To this day, I have to resist changing my screen name to Cencel Wahuohten.

--------------------
"He's not gonna let me in, I'm Mr. Dirty Mouth!"
- Jeffrey Coho (Craig Bierko), Boston Legal

Posts: 8729 | From: North Carolina | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Minstrel gone caroling
Let There Be PCs on Earth

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Minstrel gone caroling   Author's Homepage   E-mail Minstrel gone caroling   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I like this one.
quote:
Comment: I have this really weird event that happened to me a couple weeks ago. It made the news (TV, radio, and newspaper) in my Alabama area:

I went to the kitchen, and looked inside my cookie jar. For some reason, there were cookies in there!

P.S. If you put this on your site, please make sure I am anonymous

I have no idea why it's so funny, but it really set me giggling!

--------------------
Last year's goat was burned down by vandals dressed up as Santa Claus and the Gingerbread Man. They were never caught.
My blog. The Adventures of the Fish O'Thwacking.
Countdown: 177 days (or less!)

Posts: 4926 | From: NW Ohio | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Jusenkyo no Pikachu
We Three Blings

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jusenkyo no Pikachu     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Comment: CAN YOU POSSIBLY TELL ME Y I HAVE A STRONG IMPULSE TO WEAR PINK BLOOMERS WHILE I SURF THE WEB?? ESPECIALLY!! YOUR SITE!!SNOPES.COM!!!
THANK YOU!!

--------------------
"Never underestimate a nerd from outer space."
--Von, that alien from that Kids Incorporated episode.

Posts: 1189 | From: Australia | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
lavender blue
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lavender blue     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
From Oct 31, 2000

quote:
Comment: i cant wait till christmas, i am getting a new penis how fun for me thet will be its 28 inches long with football size testicles
Cracks me up every time.

--------------------
catagenesis [evol]-evolution leading to decadence and decreased vigor.

Posts: 480 | From: New Jersey | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
resELution
Markdown, the Herald Angels Sing

Icon 220 posted      Profile for resELution   E-mail resELution   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
The Mario Man

When I think of We've Got Mail I think of him. Always a great thread to re-visit.

Posts: 2286 | From: Washington State | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Tootsie Plunkette

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tootsie Plunkette   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Thanks, snopes! I couldn't find it with a search.

--------------------
--Tootsie

Posts: 5017 | From: Greater Seattle | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
LtColCarter
Raiders of the Lost Shark

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LtColCarter     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I am so giggling over all of these. I think the next time I get into an argument with my ExH I'm going to call him a meqrob. [lol]

--------------------
Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength; loving someone deeply gives you courage. Lao Tzu

Posts: 1544 | From: Northern California | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Senior

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Senior   E-mail Senior       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I like the 14 year old who objected to Jesus not being born on Christmas:
quote:
How dare you list the birth of Jesus Christ on Christmas as false!?! I am completely blown away by your complete idioticity! I'm only fourteen, yet even I am furious over this!! I do NOT believe that your website endorses the idea that the birth of Jesus Christ on Christmas is false. When I saw this atrocity I was completely disgraced by your denial of Christianity. Once again I ask how DARE you?? I can assure you that this will be my first and last time EVER visiting your website! I hope you go to hell for denying the truth of Christianity! I only pray to God that you will see the light of his love, and that you repent for this utterly disgraceful sin. You should be ashamed of yourselves.

--------------------
Ad astra per asparagus.

Posts: 4806 | From: Groton, CT | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
FrogFeathers
Grandma Got Run Over By a Gift Card

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FrogFeathers   Author's Homepage   E-mail FrogFeathers   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
That sounds exactly like the 14 year old girl who used to post on a paranormal board I frequented. LittleDuck would remember that person.

--------------------
"Is it ME? Am I a MAGNET for these idiots?"~Pearl Forrester MST3K
Die-Hard Engineers, Big Red One my Dad's website
"Must be a 'snopes' thing..." ~my entire family when I try to explain something.

Posts: 4524 | From: South of Madison, Wisconsin | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
DemonWolf

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DemonWolf     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
http://www.snopes.com/horrors/drugs/lsdcop.htm

Comment: your site is a lode of drug propaganda bullshit,
my friends father is a hard working american cop. he had this very thing
happen too him while beating the shit out of three hippies for smelling
like shit. he got so tired that he had too take a sip of water just to
spit on them. he drank some kind of bullshit hippie water and went
insane.
all he does now is role around his house smelling like citrus.

[Big Grin]

--------------------
Friends are like skittles: they come in many colors, and some are fruity!

IMJW-052804

Posts: 7224 | From: Massachusetts | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Giselle
Happy Xmas (Warranty Is Over)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Giselle     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by resELution:
The Mario Man

When I think of We've Got Mail I think of him. Always a great thread to re-visit.

Ugh I forgot about him!

quote:
Its always somthing that sounds fishy, and some fish think they don't have tracks.

--------------------
Ralphie, get off the stage sweetheart.

Posts: 2041 | From: Yuba City, California | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Pork Chop
Anchovy of a 1000 Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pork Chop   E-mail Pork Chop   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I couldn't find my favorite post, but it was about how Harry Potter isn't Satan, and you can't just become a wizard. What really sold it for me was the fact that it ended with "I know this for a fact because I am a druid."

ETA (by snopes):

quote:
Comment: Man that whole thing about Harry Potter being Satanic is a crock!
Let me tell you something and i'm getting sick and tired of constantly
saying this: NOT ALL MAGICK IS EVIL!!! I mean think about this. When a
preist in a church baptizes someone or blesses someone they are using a
type of magick that draws it's power from God himself! When someone is
married it is a ritual! Besides as Ms. Rawling put it "the Harry Potter
world is entirely imaginary". All you people who think magick is evil
need to get your head out of asses and actually realize that the book is
FICTION! I mean if a child reads Harry Potter they're not just gonna go
"hey this is evil I should be a wizard." Sure they might tell you that
they want to be a wizard but don't go blaming the book. Most of the
children who read Harry Potter are at an age where they can not tell fact
from fiction. Anyways to wrap this up i just have to say that you can not
choose to become a witch/wizard, you have to be born one. i know this for
a fact because i am a Druid.

[ 08. September 2005, 11:06 PM:   snopes ]

--------------------
Have you heard the Word?
Praise Hircine!

Posts: 283 | From: Ohio | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Tootsie Plunkette

Icon 05 posted      Profile for Tootsie Plunkette   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
I hope you go to hell for denying the truth of Christianity!
I only pray to God that you will see the light of his love...

I hope you go to hell, and I hope you don't go to hell!

--------------------
--Tootsie

rockland6674

Icon 102 posted      Profile for rockland6674         Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Pork Chop:
I couldn't find my favorite post, but it was about how Harry Potter isn't Satan, and you can't just become a wizard. What really sold it for me was the fact that it ended with "I know this for a fact because I am a druid."

Here ya go.

ETA: Oops, snopes beat me to it.

Posts: 934 | From: Massachusetts | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Kitsune26
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kitsune26     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Oh jeez, I red the Mario thread. My brain is toast.
I do feel for him a bit, but he hasn't a leg to stand on. The funny bit though (okay, it was all a bit funny) was his insistance that Mario couldn't possibly be named after the landlord because the landlord would be giving interviews if it were true
. I've got my name in an RPG book, as well as several NPC characters in books based on RPG chacters I've played. So do several of my friends-since we were friends with/lived with two developers. It's cool and all, but quite frankly it's not that big of a deal to most of the world, the people who know are the only people that were care about them knowing, and it's a nice little inside thing (a "thanks for the ideas and being cool").
Perhapse Mario Segali thought the same thing.

--------------------
I'm as giddy as a Japanese school girl in an octopus tank.

Posts: 641 | From: Portland, Oregon | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Beastly Despot
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Beastly Despot   Author's Homepage   E-mail Beastly Despot   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tootsie Plunkettios:
I can't find it now, but Cencel Wahuohten's poignant missive has always been my favorite.

ETA (snopes):

Comment: i love kfc...........................................sike!
why did u step in a big pile of shit?! shut up you meqrob!

is YOUR MAMA A PERVERT? TODAY I AM GOING TO KFC AND I AM GOING TO PROVE THAT
YOU SELL FAKE CHIKEN. I WILL BE WEARING A RED JUMP SUIT SOMEWHERE IN KENTUCKY.

YOU ARE A CRAZY MAMAFUCKER,THAT LIVES IN A COW'S ASS, WHO ONLY LIKES TO FUCK
HIS FUCKING FATHER, AND ALSO MAKES MUTANT CHICKENS IN HIS OWN
ASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS-SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
SSSSSSSSS!

MY NAME IS CENCEL WAHUOHTEN FROM KENYA ALSO MY DICK IS GREEN

OMG, this is the comment that got me started on SNOPES. I was reading through this thread and found this posted - followed by someone who quoted the bit about "proving" the chicken is fake and commented "Q.....E.....D"

[lol] [lol]

That's what got me started here (for better or for worse), and I'm still saying "Q......E.......D" at work meetings and getting blank stares! Whoever said that, you have my undying gratitude.

Thanks to you too Cencel, and you too Tootsie for the reminder!!!!!!

--------------------
"I have a cunning plan"

Posts: 287 | From: Bloomington, IN | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Rorgg
I'm Dreaming of a White Sale

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rorgg   E-mail Rorgg   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I have to go with this one. Just awesome in so many ways:

Comment: You have no right showing a man's head blown off on your website. I am very sorry that you think your first amendment rights give you the right to show a picture like this. Any children could get onto your site and see this disgusting picture. We as Americans have the right to be shielded from this sort of disturbing propaganda. All information is not good or necessary, you need to remember that. You need to remove this picture at once. I am as soon as I send this to you contacting AMERICA ONLINE (AOL) and reporting you as a TOS (terms of service) violation. I hope AOL or possiblly even the government takes away your internet account. Then where will you be?

Posts: 45 | From: Schaumburg, IL | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Joe Bentley

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Joe Bentley   Author's Homepage   E-mail Joe Bentley   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
From the Kiss My Bias thread.

Now most of the comments in that thread range from sadly pathetic to downright mean but this one, while not the most outrageous or stupid one in thread, after all it does manage to maintain correct spelling and puncuation and doesn't look like it was written by a 14 year old AOLer, struck a cord with me.
quote:
Comment: You usually conduct good fair research, until something slightly disturbs your liberal bias. Either become even-handed, or get out of this business.
My question... what "business" is this person talking about? Is there some sort of underground Urban Legend Debunking Industry that I'm just not aware of? Is it like the mob? Is Snopes locked in a battle with Adam and Jamie from Mythbusters and Professor Brunvard for control of the upper west side?

A lot of the comments in the Kiss My Bias thread have comments like that. Like snopes owes them something.

Seriously if I was snopes that attitude would really get to me. Barbara and him run this site, one of the most popular and referenced sites on the web, and they have no paid content! It's entirely free with a very reasonable amount of pretty non-intrusive advertising. I don't get what these people think snopes owes them.

First of all snopes shows no bias of any kind in any of the articles on the main site that I have ever read. Secondly even if he did... so what?! It's his site! If he wanted to be biased... what would be the problem?

Is this the point we've gotten to? That any opinion that disagrees with yours can just be written off as a "bias?"

--------------------
"Existence has no pattern save what we imagine after staring at it for too long." - Rorschach, The Watchmen

Posts: 8929 | From: Norfolk, Virginia | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Faith
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Faith     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Mine is the recent classic:

quote:
Comment: fuck you FUCK YOU!
I just loved the notion that the author opens with the lower case"fuck you" and then has sat back to ponder the impact of their words. And then decided that his/ her point has been insuffciently made maybe it needs to be punchier, somehow... What to do, what to do.

Aha! CAPITALS!

I like to think the author then sat back and mused "well, I guess I made my point".

--------------------
"You watched it. You can't UNWATCH it."

Posts: 1646 | From: UK | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 88 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
They have no paid content! It's entirely free with a very resonable amount of pretty non-intrusive advertising.
That's why I love the complainers who sign off with "I'm never visiting your site again!" as if it were some kind of threat, like they were canceling their subscriptions or something. I almost think we should have an auto-reply set up for them:

quote:
We're sorry to hear you were dissatisfied with your recent purchase from snopes.com. Please return the unused portion in the enclosed envelope for a full refund.
I'm sure that would go over their heads, though.

- snopes

Eve MG
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eve MG   Author's Homepage   E-mail Eve MG   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
My favorite, maybe because I feel sorry for the woman for being so pretentious, and yet so wrong:
quote:
Comment: On the page. . .

http://www.snopes.com/college/horrors/horrors.htm

The Urban Legend. . .

University of Texas student loses both kidneys to organ thieves.*

Should read. . .

University of Texas student looses both kidneys to organ thieves.*

(looses in lieu of loses)

The site has a very organized feel, I like it.

Eve "What happens when you loose your kidneys?" MG

--------------------
I love dairy! Does that mean I can't be a vegan?

Posts: 1569 | From: Upstate NY | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
noreen
We Three Blings

Icon 1 posted      Profile for noreen     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Eve MG:
My favorite, maybe because I feel sorry for the woman for being so pretentious, and yet so wrong:
quote:
Comment: On the page. . .

http://www.snopes.com/college/horrors/horrors.htm

The Urban Legend. . .

University of Texas student loses both kidneys to organ thieves.*

Should read. . .

University of Texas student looses both kidneys to organ thieves.*

(looses in lieu of loses)

The site has a very organized feel, I like it.

You wet your pants?

--------------------
"No matter what kind of a twisted sexual mutant you happen to be, you've got millions of pals out there. Type in 'Find people that have sex with goats that are on fire' and the computer will say, 'Specify type of goat.'"

Posts: 1112 | From: Ohio | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Beastly Despot
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Beastly Despot   Author's Homepage   E-mail Beastly Despot   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Faith:
Mine is the recent classic:

quote:
Comment: fuck you FUCK YOU!
I just loved the notion that the author opens with the lower case"fuck you" and then has sat back to ponder the impact of their words. And then decided that his/ her point has been insuffciently made maybe it needs to be punchier, somehow... What to do, what to do.

Aha! CAPITALS!

I like to think the author then sat back and mused "well, I guess I made my point".

[lol]

You, sir/madam, are brilliant!

[lol]

--------------------
"I have a cunning plan"

Posts: 287 | From: Bloomington, IN | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
rockland6674

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rockland6674         Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by LtColCarter:
I think the next time I get into an argument with my ExH I'm going to call him a meqrob. [lol]

"Shut up, you meqrob!"
"Huh?"

[lol]

Lilybet
Xboxing Day

Icon 214 posted      Profile for Lilybet     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Eve MG:

All hell breaks lose.

Lily "speaking for myself, anyway" bet

--------------------
A day in the life: Human woman *** Frozen turkey

Posts: 1361 | From: Austin, Texas | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Kathy B
Angels Wii Have Heard on High

Icon 302 posted      Profile for Kathy B     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I have a fondness for this, which was posted in Incomprehensible message of the week.
quote:
Comment: pliz i want proxy number
i like the sex
but i life in ksa

The reason I like it is that it was a sort of wake up fo rme. I was chagrined to realize I actually understood it, but only because I had been spending way too much time on the Internet.

Kathy "No, it's not the Klondike Snowmobile Association" B.

--------------------
The plural of "anecdote" is not "data."

Posts: 4255 | From: Sacramento, CA | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Senior

Icon 05 posted      Profile for Senior   E-mail Senior       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Okay. I give up. What or who is the "ksa?"

--------------------
Ad astra per asparagus.

Posts: 4806 | From: Groton, CT | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages