snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Non-UL Chat » We've Got Mail! » Are you talking to me? (Page 9)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 10 pages: 1  2  3  ...  6  7  8  9  10   
Author Topic: Are you talking to me?
Tootsie Plunkette
Buy a Torch, Jeanette, Isabella

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tootsie Plunkette   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
...but not from such an unqualified and nondescript site as SNOPES.COM.

--------------------
--Tootsie

Posts: 5017 | From: Greater Seattle | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 03 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: PLEASE HAVE YOUR NAME PLACED ON SNOPES.COM
TO THE INNOCENT VICTIMS OF MY JOKE LIST?
HELLO OUT THERE,
HERE IS YOUR OPPORTUNITY TO SUBSCRIBE TO THIS INFORMATIVE READING,
IF SOME OF US :SPAMER'S" WOULD LOOK AT THIS SERVICE FIRST,
WE CAN QUIT 50% OF OUR JOKE LIST FORWARDING,
AND THE PLEAS FOR PRAYER HELP FOR VICTIMS OF???
I WILL NOT FORWARD A PRAYER REQUEST IF IT SAYS:
MUST DO IN IT 6 MINUTES OR?
IF NOT YOU ARE GOING TO HELL?
IF NOT THESE LITTLE KIDS WILL STARVE?
THAT IS ONE OF THE BIGGEST SCAMS,
.08% OF DONATIONS GO TO THE HUNGER PROGRAM,
99.2% GO IN THEIR POCKETS.
==================
THIS IS YOUR OPPORTUNITY TO HAVE YOUR NAME REMOVED FROM MY ROUTINE MAILINGS, PLEASE SEND A REPLY AN ASK ME TO REMOVE YOU. [Smile] THANKS BOB

Posts: 36029 | From: Admin | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
nurple
We Three Blings

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nurple   Author's Homepage   E-mail nurple   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Please remove me, Bob.

--------------------
"You better respect the Rap or the Rap won't respect you." Ledatru

Posts: 1141 | From: Chicago, IL | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 105 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: Hi,Good Morning,Thanks for clearing the air on all the goofy legends I have been getting.I'm putting it in a folder for future reference. Hope you are having a nice holiday. All is well here.Love, Nat.
Posts: 36029 | From: Admin | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 607 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: Dear George,
I've had a great idea for a comedy sketch reguarding what makes a Democrat
vs.a Republican.you touched on it briefly
during your latest HBO special.
[briefly]you see...during high school and collage when Pussy was mentioned
nearlly every other word,etc.....
The future liberals were being formed....they were the ones "gettin
down&funky"...play'n with,chewin on,and gettin
into some of that fine[and sometimes not so fine,Pussy]Etc.
The future conservatives however where being formed a differant way....all
they could get their mouths on was a beer can...and all you have to do is
look at those lame ass mother****ers and its very obvious...[even with a
room full of hookers]Rumsfeld,would try with his glasses&black socks
on,with no results, Newt Gingrich would be masterbating furously,with a
half limp dick,Carl Rove would be cowering in a corner unable to take his
clothes off,Dick Cheny couldn't get it up[thats where that sinister look
was born]and Geo.W would be wearing a gay cowboy orgy outfit and a large
black dildo.....Etc,etc...[theres more]
I'm your age,a product of the 60's...similer problems like you with coke&
booze etc...was a TV Commercial Film Director for 25yrs.New
York,Mexico,and Hollywood,,, before becoming an Artist,20+yr's ago.

P.S.I was born in Hollywood,but now live in CT,near the Gard theature in
New London,where you sometimes perform,maby we can get together...
Please have someone contact me letting me know that you got this
e-mail....LATER

snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 500 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: CHECK IT WITH www.snopes.com BEFORE YOU SEND IT OUT!
Canuckistan
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 607 posted      Profile for Canuckistan   E-mail Canuckistan   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
You got that, snopes? Always verify before you publish anything.

Now we just have to determine if the linked site has any credibility. [lol]

--------------------
People need to stop appropriating Jesus as their reason for behaving badly. It's so irritating. (Avril)

Posts: 8429 | From: New York run by the Swiss (Toronto) | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 605 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: I am looking for a debt reduction counceler. I kimberly credit
from Florida OK. what about credit consultants.

Ieuan ab Arthur
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ieuan ab Arthur     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Hi All:

quote:
Originally posted by snopes:
I kimberly

And I Ieuan [Big Grin]

Ta ra 'wan,

Ieuan "I good" ab Arthur

--------------------
"I e-mail or I don't e-mail. The magic just happens" - From OP in We've Got Mail

Y Gwir Yn Erbyn Y Byd

Posts: 626 | From: Toronto, Ontario | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Canuckistan

Icon 87 posted      Profile for Canuckistan   E-mail Canuckistan   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
I kimberly
I, Robot.

--------------------
People need to stop appropriating Jesus as their reason for behaving badly. It's so irritating. (Avril)

Posts: 8429 | From: New York run by the Swiss (Toronto) | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
lazerus the duck
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lazerus the duck   E-mail lazerus the duck   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
My debt reduction involves stockings over the head and a car with it's engine running.

--------------------
All the world's a face, And all the men and women merely acne.

Posts: 673 | From: Glasgow, Scotland | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Nonny Mouse, on Santa's laptop
Once in Royal Circuit City

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nonny Mouse, on Santa's laptop   Author's Homepage   E-mail Nonny Mouse, on Santa's laptop   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Canuckistan:
quote:
I kimberly
I, Robot.
You Jane.

Nonny

--------------------
When there isn't anything else worth analyzing, we examine our collective navel. I found thirty-six cents in change in mine the other day. Let no one say that there is no profit in philosophy. -- Silas Sparkhammer

Posts: 10141 | From: Toronto, Ontario | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 14 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: Andy Rooney, I'm with you 100 % on Body Bag Bush. Get us out of
Iraq NOW !!!

snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 99 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: hello, Please dis-regard the rumors ! Jealousy is every where.
The reason I was contacting you is that last year we put down new wood
floors all over our house. I have since been using the swifter wet cloths
and I just wanted to tell you that I absolutely love them . They are
convenient and do a nice job. I to have a dog and 2 cats and nothing is
wrong with them. And my floors are always clean thanks to you. I was
actually going to ask you if you can send me some coupons for the swifter
wetcloths. Thank you keep up the good work. Any coupon would be appreciated as we are
on a tight budget ! I will always be a customer !!!!!!!!!!!!

rockland6674
We Wish You a Merry Giftmas

Icon 104 posted      Profile for rockland6674         Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Comment: hello, Please dis-regard the rumors

But rumors are *much* more fun to pass along than the truth! [Razz]

quote:
I have since been using the swifter wet cloths and I just wanted to tell you that I absolutely love them .

Not enough to get the name right, though.

- rock "One Way or Another...those ads are going to drive me insane" land

Posts: 934 | From: Massachusetts | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
lazerus the duck
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lazerus the duck   E-mail lazerus the duck   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Comment: hello, Please dis-regard the rumors ! Jealousy is every where.
The reason I was contacting you is that last year we put down new wood
floors all over our house. I have since been using the swifter wet cloths
and I just wanted to tell you that I absolutely love them . They are
convenient and do a nice job. I to have a dog and 2 cats and nothing is
wrong with them. And my floors are always clean thanks to you. I was
actually going to ask you if you can send me some coupons for the swifter
wetcloths. Thank you keep up the good work. Any coupon would be appreciated as we are
on a tight budget ! I will always be a customer !!!!!!!!!!!!

If nothing is wrong with the dog and two cats why buy a swifter. A correctly inserted pole can save you time and money.
Pets no longer part of the problem, but part of the solution.

--------------------
All the world's a face, And all the men and women merely acne.

Posts: 673 | From: Glasgow, Scotland | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Don Enrico
Happy Xmas (Warranty Is Over)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Don Enrico   E-mail Don Enrico   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Comment: And my floors are always clean thanks to you.

Hey, snopes, that's awfully nice of you to give this lady clean floors together with your debunked ULs!

--------------------
My spelling is Wobbly. It's good spelling, but it Wobbles, and the letters get in the wrong places. - Pooh Bear

Posts: 2209 | From: Hamburg, Germany | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Spamamander in a pear tree
We Wish You a Merry Giftmas

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spamamander in a pear tree     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
OK now I'm jealous. Snopes has never offered to clean MY floors!

- Wanders off mumbling about who do ya gotta sleep with to get clean floors around here... -

--------------------
"There is a race between mankind and the universe. Mankind is trying to build bigger, better, faster, and more foolproof machines. The universe is trying to build bigger, better, and faster fools. So far the universe is winning." -Albert Einstein

Posts: 1058 | From: Yakima, WA | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
TrishDaDish
Let There Be PCs on Earth

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TrishDaDish   Author's Homepage   E-mail TrishDaDish   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
I was actually going to ask you if you can send me some coupons for the swifter wetcloths.
I don't know why I waste my time doing these things, but here. Here's a link for your precious coupons. Now leave me alone.

--------------------
I would prefer not to.
My blog

Posts: 4789 | From: Rhode Island | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Canuckistan

Icon 16 posted      Profile for Canuckistan   E-mail Canuckistan   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by WereSpamamander:
- Wanders off mumbling about who do ya gotta sleep with to get clean floors around here... -

::looks at clean floors::

It's always been like that. Yeah, that's it.

Actually, I've been sworn to secrecy ...

--------------------

snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 505 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: we went your kfc eat and it was dirting and need clen it open it
bad for person we live in sedaila mo .thank you good food.

Major D. Saster
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Major D. Saster         Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Comment: we went your kfc eat and it was dirting and need clen it open it
bad for person we live in sedaila mo .thank you good food.

Obviously, bad-quality chicken meat can have devastating effects.

--------------------
Desperate, but not serious.

Posts: 689 | From: Confoederatio Helvetica | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Ieuan ab Arthur
The First USA Noel

Icon 19 posted      Profile for Ieuan ab Arthur     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Hi All:

quote:
Comment: we went your kfc eat and it was dirting and need clen it open it bad for person we live in sedaila mo .thank you good food.

Not a blinding endorsement for the Sedaila School Board's literacy program either.

Ta ra 'wan,

Ieuan "Lunchtime eat good food" ab Arthur

--------------------
"I e-mail or I don't e-mail. The magic just happens" - From OP in We've Got Mail

Y Gwir Yn Erbyn Y Byd

Posts: 626 | From: Toronto, Ontario | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 27 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: snopes is very good reading material--it will tell you if any hocks are true or false
evilrabbit
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 1 posted      Profile for evilrabbit   E-mail evilrabbit   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Yeah, I hate it when I get false hocks...

--------------------
"My sandwich choice is uncertain, until I actually order. It's like Schrodinger's Sandwich."
"Is plutonium involved in this sandwich in any way?"
"Maybe."

Posts: 496 | From: Whitby, ON, Canada | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 605 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: To whom it may concern:
I have ordered some DVD's from Columbia House as one of my advertisement
that I liked it said it will take 2-6 weeks for it to correspond to
Columbia House before receiving my new DVD is this true or not could
someone from your company please e-mail me back

Canuckistan

Icon 605 posted      Profile for Canuckistan   E-mail Canuckistan   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Dear sir:

Columbia House is a scam. You should not have signed up with them.

Sincerely,

Me

--------------------

TrishDaDish
Let There Be PCs on Earth

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TrishDaDish   Author's Homepage   E-mail TrishDaDish   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I think you should get together with my grandpa, Canuckistan. Whenever an ad for AARP comes on, Greep instantly shouts, "AARP is a scam! They just want yer money!"

--------------------
I would prefer not to.
My blog

Posts: 4789 | From: Rhode Island | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 209 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: I LIVE IN TOLEDO OHIO APPROXIMATELY 5 MINUTES FROM SEARS. I AM
NOT SURE WHY BUT I DO NOT FREQUENT THE STORE MUCH. SINCE MY HUSBAND IS AN
EX-MARINE ALONG WITH HIS FATHER, MY TWO UNCLES AND BROTHER IN LAWS I WAS
ELATED TO SEE THAT YOUR STORE HAD OPENED THERE HEARTS TO THE MEN AND WOMEN
WHO FOUGHT/FIGHT FOR OUR COUNTRY. IS THIS FOR ANY VETERAN? I WILL NOW MAKE
SURE I SUPPORT YOUR STORE STARTING WITH MY CHRISTMAS SHOPPING. MERRY
CHRISTMAS TO YOU AND MAY GOD BLESS YOU.......(HOPEFULLY THIS LAST SENTENCE
IS POLITICALLY RIGHT TO SAY)>

snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 500 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: re: Pregnant Pause

Dear Mr. Joe Kennedy,

I am an avid reader of your website and thank you for a critical and
interesting look at today's facts and fallacies. The intention in this
letter is only to provide a (possibly) different angle to help promote the
critical thinking of your readers. When my wife became pregnant, she
smoked nearly two packs of cigarrettes a day. Her intitial decision was to
quit smoking immediately and when she consulted a doctor about her options
he actually told her not to quit but to cut down to at most half a pack a
day. He informed us that quitting completely could result in a miscarriage
and that cutting down would prepare her to quit at the end of the
pregnancy. I don't know if all doctors would give the same advice but it
provides an interesting angle to the "smoking pregnant women is hypocrite"
reaction to the photograph. Once again, thank you for this quality
website. I look forward to reading it everyday.

snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 209 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: To the California Border Patrol:

New technology makes it possible to remotely (through any surveillance
camera) identify and establish whereabouts of individual crossing the
border. Then, even if the person is successful to illegally enter the
country, it would find Him/Her quickly anywhere in the USA. To activate
this "Border Watchdog" the motioncodes chip need to be inserted to the
surveillance cameras. This is totally robotic system doesn't require human
supervision. Please contact us for details

snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 303 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: take the snopes address and keep it it will tell you when there is a false email and it will save us lots of time in forwarding junk mail.........ang
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 303 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: MY DEAR FRIENDS, PLEASE READ THE ATTACHED LEGENDS........
TheBobo
Markdown, the Herald Angels Sing

Icon 108 posted      Profile for TheBobo   Author's Homepage   E-mail TheBobo   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

Poor fellow was probaly in the middle of sending bona fide Urban Legends when all of a sudden someone knocked him unconscious and stole his kidney!

--------------------
The views expressed in the above Post does not necessarily reflect those of snopes,The Infopoop Corporation,the Internet or most of society for that matter.

Posts: 2474 | From: Scranton, PA | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
NorthernLite
We Three Blings

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NorthernLite     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TheBobo:
quote:

Poor fellow was probaly in the middle of sending bona fide Urban Legends when all of a sudden someone knocked him unconscious and stole his kidney!
What did he expect, shouting at us like that?

--------------------
You've got to remember that these are just simple farmers. These are people of the land. The common clay of the new West. You know... morons. -Blazing Saddles

Posts: 1074 | From: High Level, Alberta, Canada | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
  This topic comprises 10 pages: 1  2  3  ...  6  7  8  9  10   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages