snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Non-UL Chat » We've Got Mail! » Are you talking to me? (Page 4)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 10 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10   
Author Topic: Are you talking to me?
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 603 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: The opening page of your site is one of the fastest.Also i really
like your microsoft computer because it last longer.I will be glad if i
could get one.The security mail alerts is just one of the problem.

Hoping to hear from your kind consideration.

Posts: 36029 | From: Admin | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 03 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: Your policies are your business but as a 72 year old who can tell
a company of men (or women) who have no "balls" I can tell you I will
never sped a dime in your stores. In my considered opinion your policy
regarding our military SUCKS and your corporate "people" are cowards. Real
Americans will never set foot in your establishments. What a bunch of
lilly livered copouts.

Posts: 36029 | From: Admin | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
RoyalNoneSuch
The Red and the Green Stamps

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by snopes:
...(or women) who have no "balls"...

heh-heh
IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 95 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: To the Bill Gates corporation. Is there such a "Lucky Deep Lottery" based in London UK managed by a certain Mr, fernadez Ashler. I received an e mail I was a winner of a lottery done every april of every year. It was mentioned that companies such as yours and even Sulta of brunie. Well It sounds like a major hoax and I am sorry if it is that Your name was brought up. Thank you sincerely yours. Send me a kite please
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 99 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: I LOVED IT. IT WAS A GREAT IDEA.
MY WIFE AND I HAD TEARS IN OUR EYES. WE WERE LAUGHING SO HARD.
GREAT VIDIO, DO MORE PLEASE.

TheBobo
Markdown, the Herald Angels Sing

Icon 506 posted      Profile for TheBobo   Author's Homepage   E-mail TheBobo   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Comment: I LOVED IT. IT WAS A GREAT IDEA.
MY WIFE AND I HAD TEARS IN OUR EYES. WE WERE LAUGHING SO HARD.
GREAT VIDIO, DO MORE PLEASE.

What tape did snopes send this guy? Do more of what? Is this something that I realy want to find out? [Eek!]

--------------------
The views expressed in the above Post does not necessarily reflect those of snopes,The Infopoop Corporation,the Internet or most of society for that matter.

Posts: 2474 | From: Scranton, PA | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Penny
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Penny     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Send me a kite please

Umm... pardon?
Posts: 340 | From: Redmond, WA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
RoyalNoneSuch
The Red and the Green Stamps

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Penny:
quote:
Send me a kite please

Umm... pardon?
I wonder if this guy is or was in prison. I saw a documentary once on cable, (Discovery or National Geo. type channel) about a SuperMax Prison. The prisoners where not supposed to be communicating with each other, so they had to sneak notes back and forth illicitly. They called the notes, "kites." They didn't explain where the term came from, but I assumed it had something to do with flipping, or sailing the folded notes to each other.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 105 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment:
Well Nelson, what's cha think of these apples. The Wales index is very
interesting and well organized. I hope you'll be able to access it. NO I
DID NOT SEND YOU ANYTHING TO DO WITH "BRUNO LETTERS" I don't even know
what they are.

Cheers, your buddy

I got a new buddy too!

Electrotiger
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Electrotiger   E-mail Electrotiger   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Comment:
Well Nelson, what's cha think of these apples.

HA-HA!

(shamelessly linked from some random sounds page.)

--------------------
Mr. Sagan did not go too fars, If you just took the time to scan its,
You'd count billions and billions of stars, And billions and billions of planets.

Posts: 332 | From: Kansas City, MO | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
charlie23
I'll Be Home for After Christmas Sales

Icon 1 posted      Profile for charlie23   Author's Homepage   E-mail charlie23   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
quote:
Send me a kite please

Umm... pardon?

"kite" is British slang for "mail".
Posts: 156 | From: Varna, Bulgaria | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Doc J.
It Came Upon a Midnight Clearance

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doc J.   E-mail Doc J.   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by charlie23:
"kite" is British slang for "mail".

Really ?

I guess you do learn something new every day.

Posts: 3100 | From: London, UK | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 105 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: Hello,
I just read Ben Stein's last article and had many tears...Needless to say
I am very touched by his beautiful discovery in this one life we have....I
have come to the same conclusion as Ben....I am referring to the discovery
of our very own family and what we can do to help them with this long
journey.....With faith - all is possible...
For many years I have had similar thoughts on the movies and media and the
what this country views as special....It is good to hear Ben speak out and
there are so many changes that he can make for the better of our
children....He holds a special key...FAITH... Bye for now Ben and I hope
you get to read this...

snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 24 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: WE ARE A VIETNAM DISTRIBUTOR AND WE WANT TO IMPORT CHARLES SHAW
WINE. COULD YOU INTRODUCE A CONTACT?

snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 209 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment:

just a note to let you know your offer for our servicemen coming home
means alot to me. heard the interview today w/dennis on lex & terry. they
are real patriots and you have been added to that list. i am a disabled
vet of a different era. tho i stand on the political right, i believe
there are different stresses that need to be relieved and uncle sam is
afraid to address these issues. (just ask (if i remember her name
properly) air force amy) peace to you and all of yours! ill catch ya on
hbo or hb-ho semper fi!!!

snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 24 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: I would just like to say that Coke is the best drink we have
today. The Legends just make it fun. Thank You for keeping Coke's great
taste. I love It.

snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 08 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: Dorrene,here is your answer,Urban Legends is the website you
would go into...I hope this will help you with this info you were looking
for..take care...Love IN Him Kathy...I am now working so I get on here
once in awhile...not as muchwell..take care...

snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 07 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: Nate, FYI
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 09 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: Thank you Denzel Washington for your contribution to BAMC.
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 99 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: FYI - I have www.snopes.com on my "Favorites List". This took me
much less than a minute to check it out.

Malruhn
The "Was on Sale" Song

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Malruhn   E-mail Malruhn   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Well, it sounds like their hearts are in the right places - even if they don't know how the "Comment" function works...

--------------------
Opinions aren't excuses to remain ignorant about subjects, nor are they excuses to never examine one's beliefs & prejudices...

Babies are like tattoos. You see other peoples' & they're cool, but yours is never as good & you can't get rid of it.

Posts: 5622 | From: Jax, Florida | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
DarkDan
It Came Upon a Midnight Clearance

Icon 05 posted      Profile for DarkDan   Author's Homepage   E-mail DarkDan   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Comment: Dad,
www.snopes.com is a good site for checking out the validity of urban legends, water cooler talk, Fox News, etc.

Quite a few months old but I swear I saw this exact message a long time ago. Hmmmmm...

ETA: In a thread with the same title, too. Strange. Made almost exactly two years apart.

--------------------
Missing snopesters | snopesters Facebook group | SLC Birthdays | What does "Bookachow", "YOMANK!" and other lingo mean?
"Gonna free fall out into nothing, gonna leave this world for a while" --Tom Petty

Posts: 3698 | From: Philadelphia, PA or >Tinton Falls, NJ< | Registered: Oct 1492  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 03 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: This is to the Alabama teacher.I am a soldier like your husband
and I am going out there very very soon.I respect the fact hes fighting
for his country but the fact is then ladies in the resturant were 100
percent right.YOUR president is notyhing but a liar and a dam war
criminal.Being a teacher u should have the IQ level to understand
it.Please go this site and check it out.
http://ftssoldier.blogspot.com/
www.optruth.org

even after reading these sites u refuse to accept the whole dam stupid
fucked up war is wrong then nothing wlse on earth will change your
mind.Its so unfortunate that educated people like u throughout US have
believed in this bastard president who dont give a dam if ur husband or me
blow our legs in a roadside explosion.Well some one(your husband or
soldiers like me) have to secure the oil your 250 horse pwer SUV needs.Is
not it.I wnt give up my name my ako email or my unit location as I dont
wanna get into trouble.

F U C K B U S H

snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 95 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment:
Do you at Glurge have any truthful or fanciful opinions about why so
many people believe this ...er...ah...CRAP?? A story's a story, but c'mon.
Is organized religion really that powerful??..I jest, of course.Maybe I
should query the Pope or Falwell on this one, eh? -----Just making light
of the critical thinking skills in some arenas.

Oh, and I imagine someone has brought it to your attention that the TV
program "Who Wants To Be A Millionaire," uses an audience poll, and a poll
of AOL users for certain questions. Guess what?? The AOL users score
remarkably LOWER in their ability to answer general knowledge questions
than the studio audience. No big revelation if you ever monitor the chat
rooms at AOL's game site: Pogo.
Unbelievably illiterate, compared to our English speaking friends in
Western Europe, NZ, Australia, Canada, etc.

Thank you for your admirable work at GLURGE. God knows we need it.

Psihala
Little Sales Drummer Boy

Icon 01 posted      Profile for Psihala   E-mail Psihala   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Thank you for your admirable work at GLURGE...
'...at Glurge?' Perchance is 'Glurge' one of the 'arenas' where the afore mentioned lack of critical thinking takes place?

quote:
God knows we need it.
Supposedly, that's the inspiratioin behind most of this... er, um... CRAP...

~Psihala
(*Onery Graduit of th' Instatoot of Sappy Storees at GLURGE)

--------------------
StealthPost™

Posts: 3020 | From: Colorado | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
arnie
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 1 posted      Profile for arnie     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
No big revelation if you ever monitor the chat rooms at AOL's game site: Pogo.
Unbelievably illiterate, compared to our English speaking friends in Western Europe, NZ, Australia, Canada, etc.

I assume this is a dig at North American posters? Membership of AOL is not confined to the US; it is a worldwide company.

ar(ex-UK AOLer)nie

--------------------
De gustibus non est disputandum.

Posts: 593 | From: Charlton, Sarf Lunnon | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Shurimon
I'll Be Home for After Christmas Sales

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shurimon   Author's Homepage   E-mail Shurimon   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Do you at Glurge have any truthful or fanciful opinions about why so
many people believe this ...er...ah...CRAP??

Glurge is an entire entity in and of itself now?

And what, exactly, separates a truthful opinion from a fanciful one?

--------------------
"Oh, coulda-shoulda-Prada, honey!" ~Karen, "Will & Grace"
Head of Hufflepuff at Platform 9 3/4. PNTQ- The One For You!

Posts: 112 | From: Cincinnati, Ohio | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 206 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: Here's another update to the Snopes.com Urban Legends web site with all the right answers.
Sherman

Psihala
Little Sales Drummer Boy

Icon 203 posted      Profile for Psihala   E-mail Psihala   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
That's my boy, Sherman.

~Mr. Peabody

--------------------
StealthPost™

Posts: 3020 | From: Colorado | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 500 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: Hi Mr. Hilfiger

You probably don't remember me, but I went to school with you in Elmira,
NY at EFA. My name is Esther, Nick name is Penny Pugh. XXXX XXXXXX also
knows me. Anyway the question I have is my son is fourteen and has the
potention to become a male model. Where should he start and what should we
do? We are low on funds, but he is very intelligent, he is attending XXXXX XXXXX Middle School. Please let us know where to start, we are new in the
modeling business.

Thanks for your time
Penny

Happy Moscow
Helga Switzerland

Icon 303 posted      Profile for Happy Moscow   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
potention

It's a perfectly cromulent word!

Isn't this, like, the third creepy promo for a child model that Snopes has got this month? Obviously this one wasn't intended for Snopes, but still.

--------------------
My blog (and my husband's)
~
'One grows absurdly attached to a potto.' - Patrick O'Brian

Posts: 90 | From: London | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Four Kitties
Layaway in a Manger

Icon 503 posted      Profile for Four Kitties   E-mail Four Kitties   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Happy Moscow:
quote:
potention

It's a perfectly cromulent word!
I'm so glad I'm not the only one who thought that!

Four Kitties

--------------------
If swimming is so good for your figure, how do you explain whales?

Posts: 13275 | From: Kindergarten World, Massachusetts | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 09 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: Hi Tuppet,

I embarrassed myself innumerable times by forwarding alarming FORWARD's, so I appreciate the motivation of anyone who sends one to me. Finally I learned to check with SNOPES.COM before I forward this kind of email (I never question the juicy goodies).

When I sent this one, I noticed that SNOPES has a top 25 list.

Bill

snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 84 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: You all complained so much about the noise in Schloskys that they just closed permanently. They said " no noise, no service"
Les

snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Comment: To make you aware: I recently purchased a cinnamon roll from a
vending machine at a local hospital.This item was a Hostess product with a
Kansas city address on the package. This cinnamon roll was old, 2 days
from expiration, stale and disgusting. This is unfair to your co. as well
as to me; the customer. Please feel free to email as I would be happy to
answer any questions that you may have. To beat it all this was purchaseed
from a machine in a HOSPITAL that is emptied from at minimum twice daily.
Could perhaps these stale items be a easy way to get over on the
customer,is that not why we have a day old bakery 10 min. from our
facility. Thank you for hearing my complaint...

This topic comprises 10 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages