snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Non-UL Chat » We've Got Mail! » Are you talking to me? (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 10 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  8  9  10   
Author Topic: Are you talking to me?
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 203 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: Dad,
www.snopes.com is a good site for checking out the validity of urban legends, water cooler talk, Fox News, etc.

Posts: 36029 | From: Admin | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
ranran yousei
The Red and the Green Stamps

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by snopes:
Comment: Dad,
www.snopes.com is a good site for checking out the validity of urban legends, water cooler talk, Fox News, etc.

Fox News.

That just about killed me. Not "the local news", "nightly news", "news sources", but Fox News! [lol]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Rebochan the Retail Reindeer
Good King Wal-Mart

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rebochan the Retail Reindeer   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Comment: Dad

Uh oh, Snopes' secret love child has appeared!

--------------------
"One original thought is worth a thousand mindless quotings." -- Diogenes

"Vote Republican! We won't burn you at the stake for your religious beliefs or slaughter your family and steal your land." -- Ramblin' Dave

Posts: 3555 | From: Florida | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
guruwan2b
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 1 posted      Profile for guruwan2b   Author's Homepage   E-mail guruwan2b   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I guess with Barbara's stepping out with every Tom, Dick and Harry, it had to happen sooner or later that.... um, what's-his-name would do the same. [Big Grin]

[fish] [fish] [fish]

Guru "now for my penance {forgive me snopes for I have sinned......"

--------------------
Too much of this navel gazing and we'll disappear up our own arses.
Danvers Carew

Posts: 7465 | From: Oklahoma | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Hillary K., fair and balanced
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hillary K., fair and balanced   Author's Homepage   E-mail Hillary K., fair and balanced   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I thought Barbara adapted Irate Dwarf some time ago.

Hillary "I know, [fish] , I know" K.

--------------------
"See that there is evil, and know that there is good."

Love can conquer anything. (for HR)

Home of the dynasty

Posts: 342 | From: New Hampshire | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 03 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: Doug, get your facts straight. Bill
Posts: 36029 | From: Admin | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Egg Note
We Wish You a Merry Giftmas

Icon 03 posted      Profile for Egg Note   E-mail Egg Note   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Yeah Doug! And keep your dog from doing my business on my lawn!

--------------------
Okay, just to make it clear, there is a real world out there. No really, there is. I checked.

Posts: 886 | From: Suffolk, VA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
ranran yousei
The Red and the Green Stamps

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Note Cubed:
Yeah Doug! And keep your dog from doing my business on my lawn!

You do your business on your lawn? [Eek!]

Or is it:

The dog grabs your newspaper, then proceeds to use your lawn while reading it? (Making you wait for the paper so that you can finally do your own 'business')

The dog stole your laptop and actually pretended to be you, conducting business from your lawn?

[lol]

I got it.... [fish]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 04 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: Thank You Denzel.

Gratefully,

An American Disabled Veteran

Dr. Winston O'Boogie
Markdown, the Herald Angels Sing

Icon 37 posted      Profile for Dr. Winston O'Boogie   Author's Homepage   E-mail Dr. Winston O'Boogie   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Lara:
quote:
Comment: [snip]...

PS I am working on a site at Flickr where I am uploading pictures to share with the family and a few friends. They show the ravages that time has done to myself and some of the family. I love pictures and a few others do to.

Carol

Aww, Snopes, didn't she include a link to her picture site? I'm burning to know what the "ravages of time has done to her"!! She can't just leave us hanging like that.
 -

--------------------
"The large print givith, and the small print taketh away" -- Tom Waits, Step Right Up

"The only difference between me and a madman is that I am not mad." -- Salvador Dali

Posts: 2443 | From: Illinois | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
LadyLockeout

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LadyLockeout   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
That looks like my birth mother, only with blone hair.

*shudder*

--------------------
Katesune: We still can't find the way to albuquerque, and glisp won't stop to ask for directions.
Glisp42: Of course not. I know where I'm going, I just don't know where I am right now

Twisted Links

Posts: 2599 | From: Texas | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 97 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: I would like to know who your modeling agent is for a possibility
of having my child in one of your commercials. I am very scared to just
pick an agent out of a phone book, and didn't know if you had any advise
for me. I have a little boy and it never falls where ever we go so many
people say I have a gerber baby and he belongs in commercials or
magazines. Do you have any thing you could offer me? I would really
appreciate any help you could give.

Egg Note
We Wish You a Merry Giftmas

Icon 16 posted      Profile for Egg Note   E-mail Egg Note   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Sister, is that you? You doing research on your own!? It's a miracle!

--------------------
Okay, just to make it clear, there is a real world out there. No really, there is. I checked.

Posts: 886 | From: Suffolk, VA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 24 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: is it true that you drew alice in wonderland inspired by drugs?
Can you share some information for my research report? I will really
appreciate it.

Bored and Dangerous

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bored and Dangerous   Author's Homepage   E-mail Bored and Dangerous   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I knew Alice had to be on something!

--------------------
My blog

Watch?? I'm gonna pray, man! Know any good religions?--Zaphod Beeblebrox

Posts: 2366 | From: Harrisonburg, Virginia | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 402 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: to the two guys who killed that very beautiful bear, please
explain to me why you did what you did, that animal is a beautiful part of
nature and you took its life, if you ever happen to read this message i
have one thing to say to you-DICKHEAD, you karma will return on you ten
fold.

snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 215 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: Hi Guys from Australia, Just want to say I enjoyed your site,
what an incredible sand storm. It sure must be difficult living in such a
hostile environment in more ways than one. I think you are all doing a
fantastic job in the fight against terrorism and I admire greatly your
bravery, expertise, fitness and strength. You are all in my thoughts and
prayers and I wish you all well. May you all return safely to your loved
ones as soon as possible.
with much respect and warm greetings from Australia.

snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 08 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: Your television ads are great. They show women having fun
exercising, interacting with each other and with a curves employee
encouraging the women, laughing and talking with them. In other words,
the ads show a place you would look forward to going to. So....I joined
the Curves program in my town. Other than showing me how to use the
machines in the beinning and saying hello when I walked in each time, the
Curves employee (a hired high school girl)just sat at the desk the whole
time. This was the case no matter which person was on duty when I was
there. The women exercising had there own little pairs that they would
socialize with or they would just come in and exercise without talking.
In general, it became as boring as any other exercise program and after a
couple of months, I just paid out my contract without going. I'm sure
that the Curves in my hometown isn't the only one that has this same
problem. People must be trained to be outgoing to customers and not spend
their time just sitting at a desk. Maybe that's what's missing....trainig
of employees and/or owners. Though it's been several months since my
contract was paid off, I just saw one of your ads and felt the need to
write this message.

snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 401 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: dear friend iam fine and hope you will be fine too
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 19 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: i think hostes really sucks dude because you guys need to put
more than just cream in it.like raspberry,blueberry,or lemon

snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 24 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: Is it true that we can drink from tall cactuses?
And by the way your show is really great and truly entertaining! Thank
you!

snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 605 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: I sit here and think,How much I want to be with you,Wondering will I ever have a chance.A chance to hold you and to be with you.
I think about you every day,Every night before I sleep.I dream how it would be
To have you as my own.I dream to see how it feels,To see you before I sleep.
How it would feel to,Cuddle with you at night.I dream about how wonderful
It would be to wake up and see you.
But its all a dream.. till the time comes.I will single waiting for you
hello is me your looking for l can see it in your eyes.l can see it in your face are you somewhere feeling lonely why someone is loveing you.
please tell me how to reach you l havent gotten no clue, but let me start by saying I LOVE YOU.
PLEASE YOU DONT HAVE TO FEAR,I HAVE THE MONEY.

The Ota Faction
Happy Holly Days

Icon 04 posted      Profile for The Ota Faction   Author's Homepage   E-mail The Ota Faction   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Comment: I sit here and think,How much I want to be with you,Wondering will I ever have a chance.A chance to hold you and to be with you.
I think about you every day,Every night before I sleep.I dream how it would be
To have you as my own.I dream to see how it feels,To see you before I sleep.
How it would feel to,Cuddle with you at night.I dream about how wonderful
It would be to wake up and see you.
But its all a dream.. till the time comes.I will single waiting for you
hello is me your looking for l can see it in your eyes.l can see it in your face are you somewhere feeling lonely why someone is loveing you.
please tell me how to reach you l havent gotten no clue, but let me start by saying I LOVE YOU.
PLEASE YOU DONT HAVE TO FEAR,I HAVE THE MONEY.

And to think that some lucky girl out there is getting an email disagreeing with her labeling the "roach eggs in bubble gum" as an Urban Legend.

--------------------
"Tell me what you eat, and I will tell you what you are." - Anthelme Brillat-Savarin
"That lonely recluse who lives down the road is crying out. So is that pregnant teenager. And the prostitute. And the drunkard."
Join the Free State Project - I did!

Posts: 1516 | From: *sigh* Elmira, NY | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 88 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: I went to snopes.com to see if "It takes guts" email is legit,
and it says it's a hoax. Just an FYI. I love looking these things up on
snopes.com

Hope to see you at the meeting tonight. And, if you're there, we could go
by the house after the meeting. It's up to you.

AnglsWeHvHrdOnHiRdr
Happy Xmas (Warranty Is Over)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AnglsWeHvHrdOnHiRdr     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
That's kind of an "every once in awhile we do some good" email, too.

--------------------
"When a stupid man is doing something he is ashamed of, he always declares that it is his duty."--George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 19266 | From: Nashville, TN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 605 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: I am interested in your lottery, thanks.
RangerDog
Happy Xmas (Warranty Is Over)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RangerDog   E-mail RangerDog   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Comment: I am interested in your lottery, thanks.
Dear sir/maam,
Please send $100.00 (US) and your name and address to snopes at PayPal.com. You will immediatly be entered in the snopes "Lottery". You will be contacted in August if you are a winner.

david

--------------------
Give a man a fish, and you'll feed him for a day; give him a religion, and he'll starve to death while praying for a fish

Posts: 2036 | From: Virginia | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 202 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: I think you should be appalled at the amount of trans-fatty acids in your
donuts. In a few years all trans-fats (and I don't mean chunky
crossdressers) will be outlawed because of the health concern. Your
establishment is not fit for business in the US; you should move it to a
third world country where they don't even know about trans-fats. Then
maybe you could sleep at night.

BringTheNoise
Xboxing Day

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BringTheNoise   Author's Homepage   E-mail BringTheNoise   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Wait, wait, wait. Why would you feel better about trying to kill people unaware of the dangers posed?

--------------------
"The United States Government: significantly less cruel and sadistic than the Taliban." - Dara

Posts: 1289 | From: Aberdeen University, Aberdeen, UK | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Comment: CAN YOUR WINE BE BOUGHT DIRECT FROM YOU IN CALIFORNIA AND BE
SHIPPED TO N.J.? IF SO AT WHAT PRICE INC.DELIVERY ?THANK YOU

snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 04 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: I LOVE U STEVE BURNS!! YOUR MY HERO!!!(L)
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 05 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: Hi Megan. I wanted to say I've had a crush on you since way back
and have always admired your kindness. Anyway, I want to jump your bones
and make you shout "Oh yeah Bobby, ahh right there, hell yeah! That's the
spot" Oh and I also want you to go down on me. I guess I'm trying to say
will you go out with me? Well, I don't really want to date you but I just
want to sleep with you. Please say yes!
By the way, I don't have an e-mail address yet so I'm using this
apparently free one on snops.com. I'm not sure if you can reply to me but
try sending an e-mail to snopes.com and maybe it'll get to me. Or you can
just come to my house and sleep with me.
P.P.S I LOVE YOU!!!

Penny
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Penny     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
If that last one isn't a Troll Call, I suspect it's about time to give up any remaining hope in humanity and blow up the planet.
Posts: 340 | From: Redmond, WA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
inkiemouse
Let It Wasabi

Icon 1 posted      Profile for inkiemouse   Author's Homepage   E-mail inkiemouse   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I vote Troll Call as well.

--------------------
A dyslexic man walks into a bra.

Posts: 541 | From: New Brunswick, Canada | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Jackie in the Elevator
Happy Holly Days

Icon 08 posted      Profile for Jackie in the Elevator     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Hmmm, and I always thought it was Barbara who was into stuff like that. [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
Free the West Memphis Three

Why are these cases still unsolved?

Posts: 1618 | From: Texas | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
  This topic comprises 10 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  8  9  10   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages