snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Non-UL Chat » We've Got Mail! » Are you talking to me? (Page 10)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 10 pages: 1  2  3  ...  7  8  9  10   
Author Topic: Are you talking to me?
Psihala
Little Sales Drummer Boy

Icon 05 posted      Profile for Psihala   E-mail Psihala   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
I LIVE IN TOLEDO OHIO APPROXIMATELY 5 MINUTES FROM SEARS.
Is Sears a suburb of Toledo or something? I can't seem to find it on any map of Ohio.

~Psihala
(*Anyone else have fun actually trying to order something out of the 1901 catalog?)

--------------------
StealthPost™

Posts: 3020 | From: Colorado | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
noreen
We Three Blings

Icon 605 posted      Profile for noreen     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Psihala:
quote:
I LIVE IN TOLEDO OHIO APPROXIMATELY 5 MINUTES FROM SEARS.
Is Sears a suburb of Toledo or something? I can't seem to find it on any map of Ohio.

~Psihala
(*Anyone else have fun actually trying to order something out of the 1901 catalog?)

They sold cars and houses.

--------------------
"No matter what kind of a twisted sexual mutant you happen to be, you've got millions of pals out there. Type in 'Find people that have sex with goats that are on fire' and the computer will say, 'Specify type of goat.'"

Posts: 1112 | From: Ohio | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 04 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: Read the article about "Carjacking" below. Just click on the carjacking article and read about it .
Love you
Michael

Posts: 36029 | From: Admin | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 200 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: Firstly I hope that Mr Hammond heals and lives a good life.

A serious question for Mr Clarkson & Mr May.
I am British, I am an international orchestra/opera conductor, living in Paris. My performances take all over Europe, even as far as Kasakhstan. I am sick of endless waiting when I fly & I think it is time I bought a serious motor car. The problem is, I so confused I don't know what to do. My list is roughly the following;
Mercedes 8 cyl.
Jaguar 8 cyl
Range Rover 8 cyl.
BMW the same
Peugeot the same
ETC

I need total comfort. As quiet as possible in the cab. Climate control. Navigation etc.
I want to be hurling on a German autobahn at 180 kms and be able to listen to a
Mozart string quartet. In two weeks my latest CD will be released of music from 1720.
Also in winter snow can be a real pain. I once drove a Renault 15 diesel all across Poland and at the German border realised I had left my passport at the hotel. In the communist hotels they took your passport & are supposed to return them on checkout !
Then I had to face a dreadfully long drive along the same route but now faced very heavy snow. I went into several spins, drove off the road into a large snowdrift.
I know you have done it all and I would really appreciate guidance. I think I would opt for a petrol driven motor. But one that never breaks down ! Also do I buy the car in the UK or in France ? Is there a price difference?

I love your show chaps just keep going for god's sake, your programme is so professional, so well done that I appreciate it more than then I can say.

Sincerely

Gary Clifford Dennis BRAIN (OBE).

Posts: 36029 | From: Admin | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 215 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: I am a Chaplain's Assistant in the
Army. I am currently serving in Kuwait. I am in the my 24th month of my
tour. I hope to go home sometime in April. I just wanted to say thank you
for your treatment of your Service members. I am greatful that you are
taking such good care of them, not every one is as lucky. Thank you and my
God continue to Bless you.

snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 03 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: is it true your stores has refused to let the salulation army to
have a collection christmas bucket placed in front of your store? and do
you support any of our veterans affairs in USA. sincerely

snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 219 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
is it true your stores has refused to let the salulation army
I think you mean "Salivivation Army."

- snopes

snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 500 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: Those guys are really busy. How do they know so much?
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 213 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: Well im glad to see that there are still companys around like
sears,I have always patronized your stores and will continue to do so,I am
a member of the Blue knights (police officers motor cycle club). and have
just received an e-mail about your support to our men and women in the
armed forces over seas,and I had not started my christmas shopping yet
but I will tell you I will try to do most if not all of my shopping at
sears,and I will pass this info along to my friends and family.Thank you
sears for your patriotic part.

snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 500 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: http://www.snopes.com/business/bank/pinalert.asp

check this out . It is false

snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 606 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: These scams are so transparent! Check this out with snopes.com. It's been around for a while and they keep trying to fool people. Don't you believe it! Bill Gates is NOT, REPEAT NOT, going to send you money.

R.S.

This topic comprises 10 pages: 1  2  3  ...  7  8  9  10   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages