snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Non-UL Chat » We've Got Mail! » Scam me twice, shame on me . . . (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Scam me twice, shame on me . . .
Jusenkyo no Pikachu
We Three Blings

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jusenkyo no Pikachu     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Yes...if they could only get it to work all the time.

--------------------
"Never underestimate a nerd from outer space."
--Von, that alien from that Kids Incorporated episode.

Posts: 1189 | From: Australia | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: Well, I almost went through with the wishes of an alledged Nigirian Minister named Leonard Okobi not believing it was real. Well, without any more than my name and address he took out a loan in someones name, wanted me to deposit it into my bank account and send him a seperate check from my account. I through the check away and he threatened to have the FBI looking for me if I did not send him the check and I told him I was onto him and that if the fbi were looking for anyone it would be him. Well after that he left it alone and today he sent me an email that was the same as the very first one he sent that started this whole thing. He is still at this thing and I want to know how to get him turned in for this hazardous crime.
Posts: 36029 | From: Admin | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 304 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: HELLO SALES
THIS HANNA FRED FROM NIGERIA I'M INTEREST IN UR PRODUCT AND I WILL TO PAY
IN CREDITCARD AND I DON'T KNOW MAY BE U CAN GET THIS SHIP TO NIGERIA, I IF
U CAN DO SO I WILL BE WAIT FOR REPLY ASAP.
REGARD
STORE MANAGER
HANNA FRED.

Posts: 36029 | From: Admin | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Ametrine
The Red and the Green Stamps

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
It's amazing that these scammers claim to be from another country and yet know how to "txt talk". Even diplomats from Nigeria. These scammers aren't really trying anymore.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 506 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: I found out the hard way about a charlatan named Sara Freder. She
hustles money for psychic predictions, and will not honor her guaranteed
refund.

TrishDaDish
Let There Be PCs on Earth

Icon 18 posted      Profile for TrishDaDish   Author's Homepage   E-mail TrishDaDish   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Sara Freder keps sending me her crap in my email. For some supposed psychic, she doesn't seem to realise my name isn't "Patrick", as she keeps insisting I am.

Trish "PATRICK! GOOD LUCK IS COMING IN 3 DAYS!!!" DaDish

--------------------
I would prefer not to.
My blog

Posts: 4789 | From: Rhode Island | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Tootsie Plunkette
Buy a Torch, Jeanette, Isabella

Icon 01 posted      Profile for Tootsie Plunkette   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
The general consensus seems to be that she's a fake.

--------------------
--Tootsie

Posts: 5017 | From: Greater Seattle | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Senior
Let There Be PCs on Earth

Icon 207 posted      Profile for Senior   E-mail Senior       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Has anyone ever heard of a pyschic winning the lottery?

--------------------
Ad astra per asparagus.

Posts: 4806 | From: Groton, CT | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 18 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: Who do I contact in the case of fraud? The job was listed on
career builder which I just saw on your site; I had no idea that some
people would be so evil that they would do this to people. Now the email
they sent me tells me they can sue me for not following through. How do I
go about fixing this and like I asked before, who do I contact, the FBI or
the city police? I hope to hear from you soon so that I can take care of
this soon. Please contact me soon.

snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 500 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: Its been a few months now but I have been chatting with a
gentlemen in NIEGERIA. I have sent him a total of $1800.00. This last
time that I sent him money it was from a Cashier's Check that was sent to
me. Because the bank gave me the money ahead of time I now owe them that
money back. Not sure how I am going to handle that as I am a Senior on
Fixed Income. My question to you is I have received an email from him
telling me that $14,500.00 has been approved to me from a bank that he has
an account in, in Canada. This form all looks so real. I do I know if it
is for real or not? I have feelings for this man now and I don't know
what to do. The name of the compahy that the money is coming from is
called: Service@AlertPay.com. Can you please help me out in this matter.
Thank You!

Bramble Silvertree
I'm Dreaming of a White Sale

Icon 605 posted      Profile for Bramble Silvertree   E-mail Bramble Silvertree   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Peter H:
Has anyone ever heard of a pyschic winning the lottery?

You get better money selling lotto numbers. You go around winning every day, the jackpot won't be worth the effort anymore! [Big Grin]

eta: sorry for the late comment, saw it for the first time today and couldn't resist!

etf: I can't type, besides, teh means "the" in my native language

--------------------
"Tout le monde est fou, sauf vous et moi."

Posts: 47 | From: California | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 500 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: Could you pleaselet me know if there is a e-mail address like
this and if it is the Cameroon police cameroon_police_service@yahoo.com
for I have been scram out of some mony andthey claims
they can get it back for me for a fee.
Any help you can give would be appreciated. They claim to
have caught the scrammer that had scram me out of a yorkie
I paid for and did not get.

Tantei Kijo
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tantei Kijo   Author's Homepage   E-mail Tantei Kijo   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I hate it when I get scrammed too. I guess that's what I get for loitering so much, though.

--------------------
Bender: Though you may have to make a metaphorical "deal with the devil". And by "devil", I mean the robot devil, and by "metaphorically" I mean get your coat. ------------ My sad site: A new way to be bored.

Posts: 722 | From: Colorado | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages