snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Non-UL Chat » We've Got Mail! » Comprehensibility optional (Page 7)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 11 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11   
Author Topic: Comprehensibility optional
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 107 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: Rapper group three 6 mafia, worship the devil..hint the name.
Posts: 36029 | From: Admin | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 05 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: Some of us were wondering what credentials you have to say what
determines the question to a site or problem?

Posts: 36029 | From: Admin | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 19 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Some of us were wondering what credentials you have to say what
determines the question to a site or problem?

The ability to write in a comprehensible manner, for starters.

- snopes

Senior
Let There Be PCs on Earth

Icon 104 posted      Profile for Senior   E-mail Senior       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by snopes:

The aardvark sings at midnight. Here are the plans for the MK XXVIII Warhead.

--------------------
Ad astra per asparagus.

Posts: 4806 | From: Groton, CT | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
lavender blue
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lavender blue     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Peter H:
quote:

The aardvark sings at midnight. Here are the plans for the MK XXVIII Warhead.
Aardvarks sing too? I thought they just farted.

--------------------
catagenesis [evol]-evolution leading to decadence and decreased vigor.

Posts: 480 | From: New Jersey | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Senior

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Senior   E-mail Senior       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
That's the point about one type of code words. They're nonsensical and nobody would say it as part of a normal conversation. The response "the aardvark farts at midnight" might be uttered innocently by some passerby, who could be mistaken for the spymaster. You don't want the plans for the MK XXVIII Warhead to land in the wrong hands, do you?

--------------------
Ad astra per asparagus.

Posts: 4806 | From: Groton, CT | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 05 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: hi,
please how can i send the massege to people by the way how will they no
that i have send the massege so please i need more infromation about the
site.
thanks.

FC
I'm Dreaming of a White Sale

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FC   E-mail FC   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Comment: hi,
please how can i send the massege to people by the way how will they no
that i have send the massege so please i need more infromation about the
site.
thanks.

I'm not sure what it means, but if you use babelfish.altavista.com to translate it from English to German, then from German to French, then from French into English, it comes out as:
quote:
back, ask hallo, can besides like me the knack massege the people, as they do not have any this one of it me which massege to send, request me to require thus more infromation on the thanks of place of installation.
Which is no more incomprehensible than the original.
Posts: 45 | From: Puget Sound, WA | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 215 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: Modern man believes he is fruitful and productive when his ego is
aggressively affirmed when he is visibly active and when his action
produces obvious results, yet this action is full of self-contradiction,
the richest and most scientific societies in the world potentially
organised for unlimited production, expend their huge force and wealth not
on fruitfulness (unless nature strikes) but on instruments of destruction.
In these conditions even though such men sincerely desire peace their
desire is only an illusion which cannot find fulfillment for they are
perpetually in need of looking out for and striking out against perceived
'enemies' that threaten their security and wealth.

Canuckistan
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 302 posted      Profile for Canuckistan   E-mail Canuckistan   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Comment: Modern man believes he is fruitful and productive when his ego is
aggressively affirmed when he is visibly active and when his action
produces obvious results, yet this action is full of self-contradiction,
the richest and most scientific societies in the world potentially
organised for unlimited production, expend their huge force and wealth not
on fruitfulness (unless nature strikes) but on instruments of destruction.
In these conditions even though such men sincerely desire peace their
desire is only an illusion which cannot find fulfillment for they are
perpetually in need of looking out for and striking out against perceived
'enemies' that threaten their security and wealth.

Quick! Someone call the Bulwer-Lytton people!

--------------------
People need to stop appropriating Jesus as their reason for behaving badly. It's so irritating. (Avril)

Posts: 8429 | From: New York run by the Swiss (Toronto) | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Senior

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Senior   E-mail Senior       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
The king of the run-on sentence.

--------------------
Ad astra per asparagus.

snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 102 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: The movie release of school house rock and look at the statue.I
think somthinks wrong their.

Canuckistan

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Canuckistan   E-mail Canuckistan   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Comment: The movie release of school house rock and look at the statue.I think somthinks wrong their.

Oh, there's definitely something wrong with the thinks going on here.

--------------------
People need to stop appropriating Jesus as their reason for behaving badly. It's so irritating. (Avril)

Posts: 8429 | From: New York run by the Swiss (Toronto) | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 103 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: kanye i emailed john cena to donate to the earth quake in
pakistan i have heard u r a great man i m 10 so people dont listen to me
but my parents are making a foundation to donate u donated to katrina and
so did i now i need ur help contack me on my adreess or email me

Canuckistan

Icon 05 posted      Profile for Canuckistan   E-mail Canuckistan   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Comment: kanye i emailed john cena to donate to the earth quake in
pakistan

I really don't understand why the e-mailer felt compelled to tell Kanye West that he had contacted WWE champion John Cena for any purpose.

"Hi Oprah? I just thought I'd tell you I sent an e-mail to Tom DeLay. Now give me money!"

--------------------

snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 86 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: please hold all this advertisement , as we are to ill to reply to it.
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 602 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: what about this cat face eating thing? This is my first and last
time on this web site, "i don't know", great job guys...

Senior

The writer asks a question and then announces he is not coming back for an answer, but snopes does a great job anyway.

--------------------
Ad astra per asparagus.

Canuckistan

Icon 05 posted      Profile for Canuckistan   E-mail Canuckistan   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
But they "don't know."

And, you know, in terms of the e-mailer, that could refer to so many things. Probably all at once.

--------------------

TrishDaDish

Icon 05 posted      Profile for TrishDaDish   Author's Homepage   E-mail TrishDaDish   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
"Cat face eating thing"? WTF?

--------------------
I would prefer not to.
My blog

Posts: 4789 | From: Rhode Island | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Comment: Barbara et all,
I recommend your site when email claims rec'd too outrageous,
your factual knowledge is always appreciated.

I close my urban legend email replys to "outrageous claims" with true
factoids. This makes for such great site searches. Have you ever thought
to reference TRUTH subject base?

sully61
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sully61   E-mail sully61   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Wait you guys know the TRUTH and aren't telling?

--------------------
Follow the yellow brick road.

Posts: 273 | From: Louisiana | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 01 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: That is because someone was added, into something that was going
for Glory, and someone couldnt face that loss, so they had to get the full
nelson info, on the details of what was being looked at, in other words a
BIG FAT BACK STABBING LIAR!

What could have been amazing works of Gods creative, turned into a
holloween trick or treat, and the story will never be none, as far to the
reaches , beyond imagination, whats left is a lie, a back door, a cheat,
once a cheat always a cheat, all due to closure.

Sad that we go threw life, with expectations, but blind to the abuses that
destroy something amazing. even more scary that we go threw life feeding
on the weak and ill, to lift ourselves up, so we can strut our egos, for
where its unecassary. Its to Bad that we go threw life, th8inking
something is forever only to find, its contingent upon cheating, lying and
stealing, when the beauty of SUNSHINE arises, and we let it slip away.

That is the reason, more Christian and believer Marriages fail! Fail! what
are we doing wrong, we stand between miracles becuase we want to posses,
or contain something that belongs to God! a Gift, freely given freely
give!

If I am going to get Married, I wont be going to a Spiritual advisor to
get the answers to the puzzle I will find it for myself, by working at it,
and not getting in by cheating my way.

Humour I have plenty, when the divorce papers are filed, I will rejoice
like I have never rejoiced in my entire life, I will sing sing to the
holiest of holy.

the difference between a Prophet and a cheat.

Figure it out.

lazerus the duck
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lazerus the duck   E-mail lazerus the duck   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

Humour I have plenty, when the divorce papers are filed, I will rejoice
like I have never rejoiced in my entire life, I will sing sing to the
holiest of holy.

the difference between a Prophet and a cheat.

Figure it out.

Well I think I've figured out why your wife is divorcing you.

--------------------
All the world's a face, And all the men and women merely acne.

Posts: 673 | From: Glasgow, Scotland | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Ratboy
I'll Be Home for After Christmas Sales

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ratboy   E-mail Ratboy   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Comment: Its to Bad that we go threw life

What exactly are you saying? Do you go to Bad to throw life? How does one accomplish that?
Posts: 144 | From: Sweden | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Senior

Icon 220 posted      Profile for Senior   E-mail Senior       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Possibly it's a comment about Strongbad and his brothers.

--------------------
Ad astra per asparagus.

snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 37 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: Ive always heard the story of "Bloody Mary"If you get out in time
you just getscrtchwed.if you dont u dy.Mi frinds did at a party.If you
saybaby,blue babi blu,i b-leve i u.the miirror will turn blu.

Ieuan ab Arthur
The First USA Noel

Icon 01 posted      Profile for Ieuan ab Arthur     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Hi All:

quote:
If you saybaby,blue babi blu,i b-leve i u.the miirror will turn blu.

What I love about this post is that the writer can spell something correctly exactly once. After that, any repeat must be spelled incorrectly. For example, we have "baby" at the start of the chant, but "babi" the next time. Similarly, we have "blue" the first time, but "blu" thereafter.

Obviously spelling consistency is not a strong point. But you must b-leve (which I understand is the grade of leve between an a-leve and a c-leve).

Ta ra 'wan,

Ieuan "the face in the miirror" ab Arthur

--------------------
"I e-mail or I don't e-mail. The magic just happens" - From OP in We've Got Mail

Y Gwir Yn Erbyn Y Byd

Posts: 626 | From: Toronto, Ontario | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 37 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: Well what you really see is in fact is a Munchkin not a bird as
the three go around that thing you see is a bird but the true hanging
Munchkin is in Munchkinland no were else

Autumn Neko
The Seahorse Whisperer

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Autumn Neko   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
the true hanging
Munchkin is in Munchkinland no were else

This *must* have some profound meaning behind it.. I just know it..

--Autumn "at least, it would make a great signature" Neko

--------------------
"...and if you take cranberries and stew them like applesauce they taste much more like prunes than rhubarb does."
~~Groucho Marx~~

Posts: 392 | From: Virginia | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 03 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: I am complaining becuse i have wasted ahole time in school thing
i had to for nothing i am very angry

Methuselah
Happy Holly Days

Icon 206 posted      Profile for Methuselah     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Comment: I am complaining becuse i have wasted ahole time in school thing
i had to for nothing i am very angry

I am withholding SO many inappropriate comments about "a-hole" time. [lol]

--------------------
"The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him." - G.K. Chesterton

Posts: 1514 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Senior

Your discretion is an inspiration to snarky people everywhere.

--------------------
Ad astra per asparagus.

snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 500 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: It has come to my ear that it's possible todo out the smut from the stove and the stovepipe detonating petards inside them. I think that the metallic stove can resist, but a tile stove will explode imediately. Try out this!
Ieuan ab Arthur
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ieuan ab Arthur     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Hi All:

quote:
Comment: It has come to my ear that it's possible todo out the smut from the stove and the stovepipe detonating petards inside them. I think that the metallic stove can resist, but a tile stove will explode imediately. Try out this!

Yes, Sir! Right away, Sir! Blowing up kitchen, Sir!

Yup, there's an experiment that will benefit Mankind - let's set off explosives inside the stove and see what happens. Does this qualify for the next edition of the Darwin Awards?

It's always nice to know that the gene pool is self-chlorinating.

Ta ra 'wan,

Ieuan "Hoist on his own petard" ab Arthur

--------------------
"I e-mail or I don't e-mail. The magic just happens" - From OP in We've Got Mail

Y Gwir Yn Erbyn Y Byd

Posts: 626 | From: Toronto, Ontario | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
  This topic comprises 11 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages